PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting Celebrity Support for Ron Paul

Tumn1s
11-01-2011, 01:45 AM
I realize this has probably been tried, but I feel like if we focused our efforts and sent a mass email to famous people extolling them to come out in support of Ron Paul it would help a lot. Lets come up with a list of celebrities that currently, probably or potentially support Ron Paul and hit them up on twitter, email them, call them or do whatever we can to get them to publicly voice their opinion. Here's the list I've got so far (lets turn this into an evolving topic with contact info):

Vince Vaughn
Chuck Norris
Clint Eastwood
Charlie Sheen
John Mayer
Drew Carey
Kirk Russel
Tom Selleck
Bill Maher
Stephen Colbert
Jon Stewart
Chris Rock
DL Hughley
Alice Cooper
Ted Nugent
Eminem
KRSOne
Prodigy
Jesse Ventura
Tommy Chong
Willie Nelson
Arlo Guthrie
Dennis Leary
Penn and Teller
Howard Stern
Joe Rogan
Gerald Clente
Barry Goldwater Jr.
Andrew Napolitano
Tucker Carlson
Geraldo Rivera
John Stossel
Juan Williams
Dylan Ratigan
Joe Scarborough
Jack Cafferty
Lou Dobbs
Matt Drudge
Jim Rogers
Ralph Nader
Nolan Ryan
Tim Duncan
Peter Schiff

Also, if you can think of Democrats (especially ones that love civil liberties) that you feel would support Ron Paul above all Republicans and endorse him for the primaries, that would also be helpful, even if they won't endorse him for the general election.

Tumn1s
11-01-2011, 01:17 PM
Bump. Lets get some contact info on here people. Once we have enough I'll draft an email or twitter message we can spam. These celebrities wont ignore thousands of messages.

Mathew
03-04-2012, 07:05 PM
Timothy Leary held a Ron Paul fundraiser in 1988, its on his wikipedia.

kathy88
03-04-2012, 07:46 PM
Timothy Leary held a Ron Paul fundraiser in 1988, its on his wikipedia.Anyone whose first post mentions Timothy Leary is okay in my book! Welcome to the forums.

DerickVonD
03-04-2012, 09:41 PM
Nugent? Awesome

DerickVonD
03-04-2012, 09:42 PM
You can add Snoop Dogg to that list too btw.

LibertyEagle
03-04-2012, 09:45 PM
Nugent? Awesome

No. He endorsed someone else.

There are more than a few on that list who are not RP supporters.

kathy88
03-04-2012, 09:51 PM
No. He endorsed someone else.

There are more than a few on that list who are not RP supporters.

MORE than a few.

kathy88
03-04-2012, 09:52 PM
Rachel Maddow Tweeted yesterday, "a re-tweet is NOT an endorsement." LOL.

tmtoth123
03-04-2012, 09:53 PM
What about Kelly Clarkson?

Natural Citizen
03-04-2012, 09:59 PM
The irony here is that FOX News, just today, did a piece just like this. They showed celebrity support for all candidates. Painted santorum as clean as a whistle with popular christian celebs, and as well did the same for all others.

In the end, they showed a stoned picture of snoop dog and jesse ventura as celebs who support Ron Paul.

Ron's got to seriously address the media force against his campaign or all is lost.

Jeffster
03-04-2012, 11:28 PM
The irony here is that FOX News, just today, did a piece just like this. They showed celebrity support for all candidates. Painted santorum as clean as a whistle with popular christian celebs, and as well did the same for all others.

Funny thing about that is that the most famous celeb that I've heard of that supports Santorum is Dave Mustaine of Megadeth, and he's hardly "clean as a whistle." He may be a Christian, I don't know about his personal faith, but he certainly doesn't have the image of someone who would be a Santorum supporter.

havox112
03-04-2012, 11:41 PM

In the end, they showed a stoned picture of snoop dog and jesse ventura as celebs who support Ron Paul.

Ron's got to seriously address the media force against his campaign or all is lost.

Private media outlets painting what they want to show.

Nothing we can do here.

jbuttell
03-04-2012, 11:51 PM
that list is confusing. it's like - if a celebrity sneezes in Ron Paul's direction, that's an endorsement?

pen_thief
03-05-2012, 12:43 AM
jbuttell is kind of right, and my post is an example:

It's just a theory, but I think Dr. Wayne Dyer (spiritual guru) is a closet Ron Paul supporter, or at least is Liberty-minded and hasn't been made aware of the awesomeness that is Ron Paul. In his book about the Tao, the introduction includes a passage about what he's sensing in the world, and one thing was that the government should get out of people's personal lives. If I ever catch a lecture, maybe I'll put him on the spot and just ask :)

giovannile07
03-05-2012, 03:23 AM
Vince Vaughn has already came out to support Ron Paul, but really a lot of people on that list probably do not support him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZHlikWZVeo