PDA

View Full Version : We should come to Cain's defense...

limequat
10-31-2011, 08:12 PM
1) Two Cain scandals break within 24 hours of each other. Obviously not a coincidence, but a coordinated attack. The attack must have been launched by the GOP, liberals would have saved it for the general.

2) More candidates, the more the establishment split the vote.

So, who could have pulled this together and to what end? My guess is that RP is doing better than the polls would lead us to believe (where are those polls anyway?). Forcing Cain out new will consolidate the non-RP vote with Romney. From the establishment's point of view, Romney must win Iowa. A bunch of RP supporters laughing it up and turning off Cain supporters is just the icing on the cake for them.

Turn it on its head. Reach out to the Cain supporters. Cain was the victim of a liberal (GOP establishment) smear campaign. We can relate. He should press on, etc, etc.

bluesc
10-31-2011, 08:15 PM
Why?

Cain isn't going anywhere. I hope he doesn't either. If he drops out, he endorses Romney who would have better chance at winning Iowa, if he wins Iowa, he runs away with the nomination.

No need to pander.

D.A.S.
10-31-2011, 08:16 PM
I must say you do have something there.

Ron always says - more establishment candidates is good, as it dilutes the establishment vote. :-)

sparebulb
10-31-2011, 08:17 PM
1) Two Cain scandals break within 24 hours of each other. Obviously not a coincidence, but a coordinated attack. The attack must have been launched by the GOP, liberals would have saved it for the general.

2) More candidates, the more the establishment split the vote.

So, who could have pulled this together and to what end? My guess is that RP is doing better than the polls would lead us to believe (where are those polls anyway?). Forcing Cain out new will consolidate the non-RP vote with Romney. From the establishment's point of view, Romney must win Iowa. A bunch of RP supporters laughing it up and turning off Cain supporters is just the icing on the cake for them.

Turn it on its head. Reach out to the Cain supporters. Cain was the victim of a liberal (GOP establishment) smear campaign. We can relate. He should press on, etc, etc.

This is an interesting take on this.

I think that I will show my support for Hermie by going to Burger King tomorrow.

TER
10-31-2011, 08:18 PM
We should simply say to Cain supporters that what bothers us are not the accusations of unnamed sources, but the way he pathologically lies and changes his story. As a Ron Paul supporter, that is far more concerning.

Join The Paul Side
10-31-2011, 08:18 PM
We should come to Cain's defense...

I'd rather drink my own urine. :cool:

limequat
10-31-2011, 08:19 PM
He doesn't need to drop out for Romney to take Iowa. I good sexual scandal will play well in social conservative Iowa. I think the establishment just realized that there will be no unity candidate, and they need to pump the shit out of Romney.

limequat
10-31-2011, 08:20 PM
We should simply say to Cain supporters that what bothers us are not the accusations of unnamed sources, but the way he pathologically lies and changes his story. As a Ron Paul supporter, that is far more concerning.

Won't get you anywhere. Respect peoples (malformed) decisions and they'll respect yours.
"Cain is a great candidate, but I prefer Paul for his 30 year record of consistency."

limequat
10-31-2011, 08:21 PM
I'd rather drink my own urine. :cool:

Politics.

bluesc
10-31-2011, 08:21 PM
He doesn't need to drop out for Romney to take Iowa. I good sexual scandal will play well in social conservative Iowa. I think the establishment just realized that there will be no unity candidate, and they need to pump the shit out of Romney.

If he drops out and endorses Romney, he would give him a small bump and the ability to win. As it stands with the split field, we are competitive.

TER
10-31-2011, 08:22 PM
Won't get you anywhere. Respect peoples (malformed) decisions and they'll respect yours.
"Cain is a great candidate, but I prefer Paul for his 30 year record of consistency."

Except, he isn't a great candidate.

GeorgiaAvenger
10-31-2011, 08:24 PM
Two scandals?

justatrey
10-31-2011, 08:26 PM
The man is innocent until proven guilty. That's all we really need to say, imo.

Limequat is definitely on to something. Why have they been hyping him 24/7 for weeks, and now this? It's no coincidence. Interesting theory.

My instincts tell me they're constantly trying to present an "anti-establishment" alternative to Romney (the obvious establishment candidate). First Bachmann, then Perry, then Cain. They know none of these clowns can actually win, but they always need someone to keep the masses distracted from Paul. They don't want Cain to actually win, and there was beginning to be an actual danger that he could, so his 5 minutes is over and now it's time for Gingrich?

Join The Paul Side
10-31-2011, 08:27 PM
Two scandals?

The other has something to do with possible campaign finance law violations.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/31/herman-cain-campaign-finance-prosperity-usa_n_1067716.html

10-31-2011, 08:27 PM
Hell no. He's going to drop out and his endorsement means nothing, he's damaged goods now. Let him burn.

jasonxe
10-31-2011, 08:33 PM
I say we take the role of non-intervention.

Cain makes fun of Paul whenever he gets the chance and called the people who support him stupid. I hold an olive branch to Cain's supporters but I won't come to Cain's defense since he doesn't deserve it.

SpiritOf1776_J4
10-31-2011, 08:35 PM
Cain is the only candidate running that has ceaseless attacked Ron Paul or his followers.

He was meant to be a tar baby to keep us away from the front runners, was meant to divert and protect the federal reserve issue, and was meant to be attacking from a you can't attack me back because of my race.

It didn't work. Ron Paul followers didn't pay him any attention. And he's used the race card on two other groups now.

That was his only purpose in the race, and he's outlived his usefulness. FYI It's probably Romney that Cain was suppose to keep Ron Paul away from. And Romney's supporters are probably the ones that released the attack. I could be wrong, it's just a gut reaction.

Jingles
10-31-2011, 08:38 PM
Let's just watch and not do anything. That sounds better. We really shouldn't be in the business of aiding other candidates.

jmdrake
10-31-2011, 08:39 PM
The man is innocent until proven guilty. That's all we really need to say, imo.

Limequat is definitely on to something. Why have they been hyping him 24/7 for weeks, and now this? It's no coincidence. Interesting theory.

My instincts tell me they're constantly trying to present an "anti-establishment" alternative to Romney (the obvious establishment candidate). First Bachmann, then Perry, then Cain. They know none of these clowns can actually win, but they always need someone to keep the masses distracted from Paul. They don't want Cain to actually win, and there was beginning to be an actual danger that he could, so his 5 minutes is over and now it's time for Gingrich?

This scandal is helping Herman Cain. Seriously folks it is. It's like Osama Bin Laden coming out the eve of the 2004 election and saying "Vote for John Kerry or I'll blow up up (wink wink nod nod)". Some conservatives were seriously starting to question Herman Cain on abortion. Now it's all "Let's rally behind our boy against the evil liberals" all over talk radio.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Ao8bwjMzDgU/SqMeGAIBOQI/AAAAAAAACLo/xdxrkq8d6z4/s400/Brer%2520Fox%2520and%2520Brer%2520Rabbit.jpg

Seriously folks, I've heard people say today that Cain must be a solid conservative because the "eeevil librails" are attacking him. We need to be pushing home the point that Cain flip flopped on abortion, the border fence, killing Al Awlaki, negotiating with Al Qaeda, the debt ceiling, the bailouts, the strength of his own 999 plan, and auditing the fed. We don't need to be "defending" this joker, but we don't need to be on the "sex scandal" bandwaggon either.

SpiritOf1776_J4
10-31-2011, 08:40 PM
I say we take the role of non-intervention.

Cain makes fun of Paul whenever he gets the chance and called the people who support him stupid. I hold an olive branch to Cain's supporters but I won't come to Cain's defense since he doesn't deserve it.

Absolutely. I'll be pointing that out too as he burns all the way down.

TER
10-31-2011, 08:42 PM
This scandal is helping Herman Cain. Seriously folks it is.

I don't think so jmdrake. It has hurt him and time will bear this out.

SpiritOf1776_J4
10-31-2011, 08:42 PM
This scandal is helping Herman Cain. Seriously folks it is. It's like Osama Bin Laden coming out the eve of the 2004 election and saying "Vote for John Kerry or I'll blow up up (wink wink nod nod)". Some conservatives were seriously starting to question Herman Cain on abortion. Now it's all "Let's rally behind our boy against the evil liberals" all over talk radio.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Ao8bwjMzDgU/SqMeGAIBOQI/AAAAAAAACLo/xdxrkq8d6z4/s400/Brer%2520Fox%2520and%2520Brer%2520Rabbit.jpg

Seriously folks, I've heard people say today that Cain must be a solid conservative because the "eeevil librails" are attacking him. We need to be pushing home the point that Cain flip flopped on abortion, the border fence, killing Al Awlaki, negotiating with Al Qaeda, the debt ceiling, the bailouts, the strength of his own 999 plan, and auditing the fed. We don't need to be "defending" this joker, but we don't need to be on the "sex scandal" bandwaggon either.

Gun control, federal reserve - a plank of the communist manifesto, and adding a tax are Cain's three issues to push I think.

The first, people haven't heard about, the second, they haven't thought about, and the third they just aren't thinking. Cain is a liberal obviously.

Edit: Nice picture of Br'er Rabbit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tar_Baby if anyone doesn't know the children's story.

FreedomProsperityPeace
10-31-2011, 09:05 PM
1) Two Cain scandals break within 24 hours of each other. Obviously not a coincidence, but a coordinated attack. The attack must have been launched by the GOP, liberals would have saved it for the general.There are 7+ GOP candidates trying to take his place atop the polls. There is a 24/7 media machine hungry for scandals and who enjoy taking down candidates. We dig up this kind of stuff and spread it ourselves! :p It's not necessarily coordinated by the Republican Party. All Cain's dirt could just be falling on his head at once.

Muttley
10-31-2011, 09:08 PM

I agree 110%. Bother CNN and MSNBC are ripping him pretty damn good about this. Both are implying that he is lying and knew exactly what went down from the start.

My guess is their going to push Newt now to try and keep the attention off of Ron, but he should be an easy target to take down. Let's keep our efforts focused on our campaign and the scum will all hang themselves.

jmdrake
10-31-2011, 09:37 PM

This is one of those times where I hope I'm proven wrong and hope I'm proven right at the same time. I hope I'm proven wrong because I don't want Cain as president. I hope I'm proven right because if an allegation of sexual harassment is now all it takes to derail someone politically, heaven help us! But seeing Rand survive the "Aqua Buddha" incident, which sounds worse on its face, I can't imagine this being something that shakes Cain's core support. Still if mismanages the crisis I suppose it could hurt him.

TER
10-31-2011, 09:43 PM
I hope I'm proven right because if an allegation of sexual harassment is now all it takes to derail someone politically, heaven help us!

The point is, however, that it isn't just an allegation of sexual harassment. The mountain of bad news on him has reached critical mass, the sexual allegation part being the straw that broke the camel's back.

TER
10-31-2011, 09:45 PM
Enter Gingrich. And soon, Exit Gingrich Stage Left and enter Ron Paul.

talkingpointes
10-31-2011, 09:52 PM
Politics.
Maybe he's just waiting for someone to bring him a cup.