PDA

View Full Version : Chris Hedges: "This one could take them all down.

PeacePlan
10-31-2011, 07:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj8UlxhfJLw

Tina
10-31-2011, 07:47 PM
Thanks for posting this. I hope he's right.

TER
10-31-2011, 07:57 PM
Wow. Great video.

hazek
11-01-2011, 03:55 AM
Lol him comparing protests against the Iron curtain vs Occupy Wall Street which has no clear message and no clear goal.

The only thing that this "movement" can achieve is more power for TPTB.

Bern
11-01-2011, 06:07 AM
If all of those protestors pulled all of their money from the banks, it would have more impact than the sign waving and chanting.

Romulus
11-01-2011, 12:18 PM
If all of those protestors pulled all of their money from the banks, it would have more impact than the sign waving and chanting.

You know, that is a good idea for them... now, paying their bills might be a challenge but...

darkstar725
11-01-2011, 12:40 PM
You know, that is a good idea for them... now, paying their bills might be a challenge but...

"all of their money"...? "paying their bills"...? Who are we talking about again?

newbitech
11-01-2011, 01:21 PM
I believe this could another wave of the nascent populist uprising that is sweeping the country. I believe the Ron Paul R3volution sparked it and many politicians and "parties" have been trying to co-opt it. It is growing. People are starting to see the sores and the wounds are festering.

Like Ron Paul supporters, these folks are also waking up to some realities. These are the brush fires, and the R3volution and Ron Paul continues to fan them. The message might not be as important as who is listening. Think about it.

devil21
11-01-2011, 03:37 PM
"SHIT IS FUCKED UP AND BULLSHIT"

Great slogan lol.

Cowlesy
11-01-2011, 03:42 PM

Well if 1% of the people have 99% of the dough, if the 99% all pull their dough out, it reminds me of "If a tree falls in the woods and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?"

Arklatex
11-01-2011, 04:17 PM
Be thankful for OWS.... the 99% is awakening and that is what we have been working for.

Everyone making fun of OWS reminds me how everyone made fun of the Tea Party.

Acala
11-01-2011, 04:21 PM
Be thankful for OWS.... the 99% is awakening and that is what we have been working for.

Everyone making fun of OWS reminds me how everyone made fun of the Tea Party.

Yup. By far the WORST outcome for the power elite is to have the people unite in protest. As soon as that happens, it is game over. That is why it is imperative that the people remain divided into factions against each other and that is why the media and various "pundits" and plants try to make movements like the Tea Party and OWS fit into the false left/right split.

And that is why the smart freedom fighters are out there trying to educate the OWS people on the common ground.

jmdrake
11-01-2011, 04:28 PM
Well if 1% of the people have 99% of the dough, if the 99% all pull their dough out, it reminds me of "If a tree falls in the woods and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?"

Where do you get your numbers from? My understanding is that the top 1% control 42% of the dough. That's a lot, but it's a far cry from 99%.

See: http://www.mybudget360.com/top-1-percent-control-42-percent-of-financial-wealth-in-the-us-how-average-americans-are-lured-into-debt-servitude-by-promises-of-mega-wealth/

And how much of what the top 1% controls is really just IOUs from the 99%?

Arklatex
11-01-2011, 04:43 PM
Bank of America Reverses $5 Fee in Response to Public Backlash

As one Occupy Wall Street protester so eloquently wrote on a sign recently: "I bailed out the banks and all I got was a $5 debit card fee."

Well, thanks to protests of millions of other Americans, that $5 fee for debit card purchases may never see the light of day. Having felt the wrath of consumers and politicians alike, Wells Fargo and JPMorgan Chase have decided to drop the charge. And, now add Suntrust to the list of banks revoking the monthly fee.

Bern
11-01-2011, 06:04 PM

Understand that banks are operating on roughly 2% reserves (ie. they are leveraged around 50:1). The 99% can most definitely cripple the banks by forcing a run on their reserve capital.