PDA

View Full Version : I wonder who Dave Ramsey would endorse?

Tod
10-31-2011, 05:40 PM
I wonder who Dave Ramsey would endorse? Anyone heard him say anything about the topic?

torchbearer
10-31-2011, 05:48 PM
customer gave me one of his books the other day.

Nubraskan
10-31-2011, 05:54 PM
I'm sure he gives good budgeting advice, but I don't think he subscribes to the same ideas regarding sound money as we do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yX7dwmfkvM

Sola_Fide
10-31-2011, 05:58 PM
He seems like a Santorum/Cain guy to me.

zippy81
10-31-2011, 06:15 PM
In short I think he would endorse Cain. I listen to his podcast a good bit while driving and he had Cain on for an interview and nearly nut all over himself asking him questions about 999 and business. Didn't ask him one question about denying the housing bubble or his support of TARP (although Ramsay preaches against it daily). I think he gives good advice for the most part and has pretty sound ideas. However as posted above his ideas on gold are WAY off. I think he's fairly superficial. He never gets into detail on his thoughts regarding centralized banking, Keynes ect.

Travlyr
10-31-2011, 06:21 PM
I'm sure he gives good budgeting advice, but I don't think he subscribes to the same ideas regarding sound money as we do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yX7dwmfkvM
Dave Ramsey does not know his history. Gold was used as a currency in America for many decades.

The Coinage Act of 1792 (http://www.constitution.org/uslaw/coinage1792.txt) set the gold standard at:

EAGLES--each to be of he value of ten dollars or units, and to contain two hundred and forty-seven grains and four eighths of a grain of pure, or two hundred and seventy grains of standard gold.

erowe1
10-31-2011, 06:22 PM
I wonder who Dave Ramsey would endorse? Anyone heard him say anything about the topic?

In the GOP primary he'll endorse anyone but Paul. If Paul wins the nomination, then he'll endorse Obama.

ZanZibar
10-31-2011, 06:23 PM
He has made some bad endorsements in the past, including a guy who voted for TARP and the bailouts and a unionizer.

ZanZibar
10-31-2011, 06:24 PM
Dave Ramsey and Herman Cain look a lot a like.

sparebulb
10-31-2011, 06:25 PM
Dave Ramsey has long ago abandoned any connection with reality. His coziness with neocons and celebrities has gone to his head. I haven't heard him for a long while, but the last I heard, he was still singing the praises of cult leader Rick Warren. He has been quoted on saying that Ron Paul is "creepy". I think that it is safe to speculate that Ramsey would support the most neo-conish candidate in the field.

Esoteric
10-31-2011, 06:27 PM
Who will Matt Collins endorse?

captain
10-31-2011, 06:33 PM
How about Clark Howard?

steph3n
10-31-2011, 06:36 PM
Why do people care what other people think is best?

Verrater
10-31-2011, 06:38 PM
What about batman?

ONUV
10-31-2011, 06:38 PM
Why do people care what other people think is best?

their listeners blindly follow them.

Liberty74
10-31-2011, 06:49 PM
I have been listening to Dave for years...

- Libertarian thinking, doesn't really like Reps or Dems much
- Against buying gold, prefers stocks for long term investments because of history
- Calls the IRS the KGB, favors consumption tax instead
- Believes in Jesus and concept of giving 10% of your income to charity once debt free
- Doesn't believe in subsidizing bad behavior
- Government is too big

He might not endorse RP but I bet Dave agrees with him on many philosophical points.

Sola_Fide
10-31-2011, 06:51 PM
I have been listening to Dave for years...

- Libertarian thinking, doesn't really like Reps or Dems much
- Against buying gold, prefers stocks for long term investments because of history
- Calls the IRS the KGB, favors consumption tax instead
- Believes in Jesus and concept of giving 10% of your income to charity once debt free
- Doesn't believe in subsidizing bad behavior
- Government is too big

He might not endorse RP but I bet Dave agrees with him on many philosophical points.

You forgot-

-being called out and embarrassed by Peter Schiff for being wrong.

erowe1
10-31-2011, 06:56 PM
doesn't really like Reps or Dems much

Like a lot of establishment Republicans he tries to paint himself as not one. But he is.

KCIndy
10-31-2011, 06:57 PM

As sparebulb pointed out above, Ramsey has described Ron Paul as "creepy." He also has a record of mocking anyone who invests in gold or silver. It's too bad, too, because it would be nice to have more of Ramsey's followers aboard as Ron Paul supporters. Sadly, I just don't think it's gonna happen.

Matt Collins
10-31-2011, 07:02 PM
Who will Matt Collins endorse?http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/4318393788_141674c675_b.jpg

bwlibertyman
10-31-2011, 07:34 PM
I listen to Ramsey often. His concept of sound money is whatever people have confidence in. Of course this makes sense. If people had no confidence in gold they wouldn't buy it but obviously people do have confidence in it so they buy it. I disagree that gold is a bad investment.

Yeah, I don't know if he would support Paul. He talks about people cutting spending and talks bad about Washington. You would think Paul would be a good fit. He is a christian and if he researched Ron Paul he would know what ron Paul fits right in.

As we know many christians want to defend Israel (I have no problem with this as long as they don't steal from people to do it). Some christians don't make my caveat. It's sad. Oh well.

I listen to Ramsey for his getting out of debt talk. I think it's nice. Debt is bad. Anyone that helps people get out of debt is okay in my book.

sparebulb
10-31-2011, 08:21 PM
Arguably, Dave Ramsey is not a christian when he supports the ideas and doctrine of Rick Warren. Anyone who is deluded by the likes of Rick Warren most likely cannot perceive the goodness of the likes of Ron Paul.

opinionatedfool
10-31-2011, 10:12 PM
I've heard him say he knows Rick Perry and that he is a good guy. He also had Herman cain on his show.