PDA

View Full Version : 14-yr-old Boy Has a Fight at School Bus Stop; Cop Responds by Executing Boy

libertyjam
10-31-2011, 12:45 PM
http://www.courthousenews.com/2011/09/13/39729.htm

SAN ANTONIO (CN) - A 14-year-old boy got into a fight at a school bus stop and the school district's police officer responded by shooting him to death, the boy's mother says. She says the cop had been reprimanded 16 times in the previous 4 years, suspended without pay 5 times, and "recommended for termination for insubordination," but the school kept him on the force "without remedial training."
Denys Lopez Moreno sued the Northside Independent School District, of San Antonio, the district's Chief of Police John Page and the alleged shooter, Daniel Alvarado, in Federal Court.
Lopez says her son, Derek, got into a fight with another boy at a school bus stop and punched the other boy once, in November 2010.
"Defendant, Alvarado, having responded to a call regarding a bus with a flat tire, witnessed Derek strike the other boy. He ordered Derek to 'freeze.' Derek hesitated and then ran from defendant Alvarado," according to the complaint.
"In his patrol car, Alvarado began chasing Derek in the neighborhood across the street from the high school. Alvarado lost sight of the boy in the neighborhood and returned to the location of the school boy fight. At that time, he called dispatch. Dispatch recordings reflect that his supervisor directed Alvarado to stay with the other boy and to 'not do any big search over there.'
"Ignoring his supervisor's orders to 'stay with the victim and get the information from him,' Alvarado placed the second boy into the patrol car and sped into the neighborhood to search for Derek."
Lopez says her son jumped over a fence and hid in a shed in the back yard of a house. The homeowner saw him, called 911, and alerted a neighbor, who pointed Alvarado in Derek's direction. Lopez says her son never left the shed, never approached the house or threatened the homeowner or her daughters, and posed no threat to anyone.
Nonetheless, she says: "In violation of NISD police department procedures, Alvarado drew his weapon immediately after exiting the patrol car. With his gun drawn, he rushed through the gate and into the back yard. Within seconds from arriving at the residence, Alvarado shot and killed the unarmed boy hiding in the shed."
A neighbor, who is an EMT, called an ambulance, which arrived in 20 minutes, during which time the EMT was trying to save Derek's life, his mom says. But she says her son died in the ambulance about 50 minutes after Alvarado shot him.
Lopez says the district acted with "deliberate indifference" in keeping Alvarado on the force despite his poor disciplinary record.
"In approximately a four (4) year period leading up to the shooting, defendant Alvarado had been reprimanded sixteen (16) times," the complaint states. "Specifically, he had been reprimanded for insubordination and failure to follow supervisors' directives seven (7) times. Due to his poor service record, Alvarado was suspended without pay on five (5) occasions. On May 21, 2008, Alvarado was recommended for termination by Page. Despite being recommended for termination for insubordination and for refusal to follow supervisor directives, Alvarado remained on the force without remedial training."
Rather than fire Alvarado, the district transferred him to patrol, "an area of duty with less supervision," according to the complaint.
Lopez claims the district, which has about 70 police officers, failed to train its officers on procedures regarding off-campus criminal activity, use of weapons, use of force, and communication with other law enforcement agencies.
"Even after the tragedy of Nov. 12, 2010," Lopez says, "NISD has not trained its officers on its procedures relating to actions officers should take when witnessing an offense occurring off campus."
She seeks punitive damages for civil rights violations, supervisory liability and negligence. She is represented by Wallace Brylak.

CCTelander
10-31-2011, 12:49 PM
Once again ...

...the police have NO DUTY to protect an innocent individual's rights and property. The courts in every jurisdiction throughout the US have universally upheld this position. Here's a whole thread on the topic:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=228509

Professional police forces do NOT exist to protect the rights and property of innocent individuals. They were NEVER intended for such a purpose. They exist solely and completely for the purpose of enforcing the will of the power elites, and protecting those power elites against YOU.

In other words they are, in effect, an occupational army whose sole purpose is to oppress YOU. Period.

They violate the rights of innocent individuals every day. They routinely taze, beat and kill innocent people. They destroy their property, bust down their doors, toss their premises and all this without even an apology. They throw innocent people in cages to be abused and raped. They regularly destroy the lives of innocents. They make false charges and then lie in court. The list of police abuses and usurpations goes on, and on, and on.

The cops ARE NOT your friends, EVER.

I'll bump the Myth of Police Protection thread yet again too.

aGameOfThrones
10-31-2011, 12:52 PM
:mad:

brushfire
10-31-2011, 12:54 PM
Tragic

fisharmor
10-31-2011, 01:01 PM
Tragic

I agree.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tragedy
"Tragedy (Ancient Greek: τραγῳδία, tragōidia, "the-goat-song") is a form of art based on human suffering that offers its audience pleasure.
Scholars suspect this may be traced to a time when a goat was either the prize in a competition of choral dancing or was that around which a chorus danced prior to the animal's ritual sacrifice.
Tragedy is, then, an enactment of a deed that is important and complete, and of [a certain] magnitude, by means of language enriched [with ornaments], each used separately in the different parts [of the play]: it is enacted, not [merely] recited, and through pity and fear it effects relief (catharsis) to such [and similar] emotions. (Aristotle)
"

Yep, I agree: it's their job to perform actions for us that, through our pity and fear, bring us to the catharsis that the state is our master.

TheDunk
10-31-2011, 01:02 PM
FTA: "but the school kept him on the force"

The school? I don't understand. Did they mean "the city" or "the town"?

CaptainAmerica
10-31-2011, 01:03 PM
1st degree murder.

Sola_Fide
10-31-2011, 01:03 PM
No words... that family must be going through hell.

libertyjam
10-31-2011, 01:17 PM
FTA: "but the school kept him on the force"

The school? I don't understand. Did they mean "the city" or "the town"?

They probably meant the PD, but said school as this was the School Resource Officer.

hazek
10-31-2011, 01:27 PM
1st degree murder.

Disgusting.

Bordillo
10-31-2011, 02:10 PM
stay classy pigs

flightlesskiwi
10-31-2011, 02:19 PM
I agree.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tragedy
"Tragedy (Ancient Greek: τραγῳδία, tragōidia, "the-goat-song") is a form of art based on human suffering that offers its audience pleasure.
Scholars suspect this may be traced to a time when a goat was either the prize in a competition of choral dancing or was that around which a chorus danced prior to the animal's ritual sacrifice.
Tragedy is, then, an enactment of a deed that is important and complete, and of [a certain] magnitude, by means of language enriched [with ornaments], each used separately in the different parts [of the play]: it is enacted, not [merely] recited, and through pity and fear it effects relief (catharsis) to such [and similar] emotions. (Aristotle)
"

Yep, I agree: it's their job to perform actions for us that, through our pity and fear, bring us to the catharsis that the state is our master.

a culture enamored with killing but afraid of death is one that protects and cherishes the State-approved killers.

i remember this boy's story well. i will not soon forget it.

123tim
10-31-2011, 02:27 PM
Rather than fire Alvarado, the district transferred him to patrol, "an area of duty with less supervision,"

So this is what happens to the ones who don't follow orders???? They turned loose on us?

I can't imagine what that family must be going through.

Kylie
10-31-2011, 02:43 PM
This just makes me sick to my stomach.

Anti Federalist
10-31-2011, 02:45 PM
I recall posting about this horror when it happened.

I hope the family is successful in suing both the city and the cop responsible, fucking blind.