PDA

View Full Version : American Principles Project

rutgerscamdenYAL
10-31-2011, 12:03 PM
mods please delete.

CaptUSA
10-31-2011, 12:09 PM
Very much social conservatives.

“The rather arrogant treatment of social conservatives by libertarians is troubling,” said Mr. Blom. “Social conservatives are the foot soldiers of the movement. Marriage has never lost an election. Being pro-life does not lose elections. It wins elections. This is not only a serious principle mistake, it’s a serious political mistake.”

Still, I'd take a look at them, though. Social conservatives and libertarians are not mutally exclusive.

rutgerscamdenYAL
10-31-2011, 12:58 PM
I hear ya, yeah there is a lot in common between the two with the fed/gold standard and pro parent education. Thanks for your input.

PastaRocket848
10-31-2011, 01:03 PM
social conservatism is absolutely mutually exclusive to libertarian philosophy. the entire purpose of the social conservative movement is to do exactly what libertarians fight against: using the power of gov't to force people to behave a certain in a way (of their choosing, of course). there could not possibly be two more opposed ideological viewpoints. that said i'd still go for it.

CaptUSA
10-31-2011, 01:31 PM
social conservatism is absolutely mutually exclusive to libertarian philosophy. the entire purpose of the social conservative movement is to do exactly what libertarians fight against: using the power of gov't to force people to behave a certain in a way (of their choosing, of course). there could not possibly be two more opposed ideological viewpoints. that said i'd still go for it.I disagree with this. It's a matter of how you want to encourage social conservatism. If you'd use the state for these ends, I'd agree that would be the opposite of libertarianism. But that's not the only way to encourage such things.