PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul's $1 trillion in cuts

sailingaway
10-31-2011, 10:29 AM
Since the Orange County Register ran this article, I have seen it picked up several places around the country. This time it was picked up by the Belleville News Democrat.... (also the Sacramento Bee, the Deseret something etc etc)

http://www.bnd.com/2011/10/31/1922828/ron-pauls-1-trillion-in-cuts.html

sailingaway
10-31-2011, 11:12 AM
Also picked up by North Iowa Today.com

http://www.northiowatoday.com/politics.php?subaction=showfull&id=1320087163&archive=&start_from=&ucat=5&

:D

bluesc
10-31-2011, 11:14 AM
I do not read anything that has this disclaimer.

The odds of Ron Paul being nominated by Republicans and defeating President Barack Obama are, in the words of one news service, “beyond remote.”

sailingaway
10-31-2011, 11:25 AM
I do not read anything that has this disclaimer.

No , no, they are being sarcastic. Read it. They are saying that if the other candidates are so damned serious, why isn't their economic plan nearly as good...?

Look again:

But Ron Paul’s “Plan to Restore America” is breathtaking, nevertheless. Candidates whose success may be less remote would do well to adopt this plan in large measure.

It’s difficult to recall tax-and-spending reforms of this scope proposed by any previous, serious presidential candidate — and as long as the media and polls continue placing Paul among top Republicans contenders, he must be considered a serious candidate.

For years relegated to the political fringe, the libertarian physician and Texas congressman this campaign season is being treated as if what he has to say is worth hearing. We’re pleased the media are acknowledging, if grudgingly, what the Register’s Editorial Board has known for years. Paul makes much sense.

We also believe his message can resonate with voters. Indeed, were the Republican field winnowed from its current eight or more candidates to three or four, we would expect Paul to be among the survivors simply because his message is that compelling.

CaptUSA
10-31-2011, 11:26 AM
It's a good read. You can leave comments on the North Iowa one.

bluesc
10-31-2011, 11:32 AM
No , no, they are being sarcastic. Read it. They are saying that if the other candidates are so damned serious, why isn't their economic plan nearly as good...?

Look again:

Today we’re not advancing Paul’s still admittedly long-shot candidacy. We are, however, applauding his plan, which you can evaluate at http://bit.ly/rkfzqI.

They are saying Ron is a long shot, and that they like the plan and the serious candidates should steal it. That's what everyone else said too. They are all hinting that the plan is simply unbeatable, so everyone should be adopting it, which they are.

sailingaway
10-31-2011, 11:36 AM
They are saying Ron is a long shot, and that they like the plan and the serious candidates should steal it. That's what everyone else said too. They are all hinting that the plan is simply unbeatable, so everyone should be adopting it, which they are.

Argh. I think they might even have endorsed him last time. They LIKE him.

http://orangepunch.ocregister.com/tag/ron-paul/

bluesc
10-31-2011, 11:40 AM
Argh. I think they might even have endorsed him last time. They LIKE him.

Then why can't they cut the "long shot" crap? It's like someone is holding a gun to their heads. If they like him, they make it that much harder for him by continuing the meme that he can't win when scientific data shows he can.

sailingaway
10-31-2011, 11:43 AM
Then why can't they cut the "long shot" crap? It's like someone is holding a gun to their heads. If they like him, they make it that much harder for him by continuing the meme that he can't win when scientific data shows he can.

because they are trying to get people to support his budget. They left the door open that they might.... in fact I kinda read this as a challenge, if you want their endorsement, you have to do as well as this....

PastaRocket848
10-31-2011, 11:51 AM
Because he IS a long shot, and they're a news organization with credibility to protect? Just saying... We're not exactly at the top of the polls. Be realistic.

craezie
10-31-2011, 11:59 AM
I LOVE the OC Register, and it is the one paper I am happy to continue to pay money for. It is truly a bright spot in screwed up state. There are a lot of establishment type Republicans around here who still think RP is a kook, and I think they are softening the blow.

And I hate to say it, but Ron Paul still IS a long shot as long as we continue on at 10-12%. Stop complaining on the internet and get out there and convert someone. If every supporter just changed one person's mind, then we WOULD be winning.

bluesc
10-31-2011, 12:03 PM
Because he IS a long shot, and they're a news organization with credibility to protect? Just saying... We're not exactly at the top of the polls. Be realistic.

Is Cain a long shot? He has no organization, has baggage leaking out of his ass, hasn't visited Iowa since August, has no plans to do so, ect. I don't think the media should be choosing who is a long shot and who isn't, unless they factor in everything. Ron has a much better chance of winning than Cain does.

sailingaway
10-31-2011, 12:15 PM
Is Cain a long shot? He has no organization, has baggage leaking out of his ass, hasn't visited Iowa since August, has no plans to do so, ect. I don't think the media should be choosing who is a long shot and who isn't, unless they factor in everything. Ron has a much better chance of winning than Cain does.

The Orange County Register is in California. This isn't exactly Cain's wheelhouse. Orange County, California is generally the Goldwater/Reagan Republican side, when one exists.

bluesc
10-31-2011, 12:32 PM
Nvm, forget it. Every time I say anything it turns into a big debate :rolleyes:.