PDA

View Full Version : It's Official!!!

CaptUSA
10-31-2011, 09:10 AM
I am now a Ron Paul Republican!

I got my new voter registration card in the mail today. While it feels weird to have an "R" next to my name, I've never been so proud to belong to a political party. My vote in the primary probably won't amount to much since I'm in PA, but when Paul wins, I'll be able to make sure he wins PA in the general!!!

LisaNY
10-31-2011, 09:11 AM
Awesome!! I was thrilled when I got my card last week, I hadn't voted in years and had to re-register so I can vote for Ron.

sailingaway
10-31-2011, 09:18 AM
Think of it as 'R' for 'R'on Paul, if you have to...

Good for you!

I was always Republican, I just figured all politicians were a waste of time and didn't bother with primaries, before 2007.

Krugerrand
10-31-2011, 09:22 AM
I am now a Ron Paul Republican!

I got my new voter registration card in the mail today. While it feels weird to have an "R" next to my name, I've never been so proud to belong to a political party. My vote in the primary probably won't amount to much since I'm in PA, but when Paul wins, I'll be able to make sure he wins PA in the general!!!

The PA subforum will have more information ... but from what I remember, the PA presidential primary is meaningless - not because it's late, but because its the delegate ballot that matters. You vote for delegates - and I don't' think they're in any way bound to vote for who wins the primary ballot. Somebody who knows more can certainly add or correct that.

Philosophy_of_Politics
10-31-2011, 09:30 AM
There is nothing wrong with being a Republican. The founding fathers favored Republicanism for very good reason.

sailingaway
10-31-2011, 09:31 AM
The PA subforum will have more information ... but from what I remember, the PA presidential primary is meaningless - not because it's late, but because its the delegate ballot that matters. You vote for delegates - and I don't' think they're in any way bound to vote for who wins the primary ballot. Somebody who knows more can certainly add or correct that.

Last time PA got in a full slate of Ron Paul delegates and they were like us -- highly unlikely to ever vote for anyone else. Ron also got 16% of the vote in the primary.

Krugerrand
10-31-2011, 09:34 AM
Last time PA got in a full slate of Ron Paul delegates and they were like us -- highly unlikely to ever vote for anyone else. Ron also got 16% of the vote in the primary.

It's amazing to me that the 16% didn't reported as the huge slap in the face to McCain that it was.

Jingles
10-31-2011, 09:46 AM

I have been trying to figure out how to explain our state's politics for years, but I still haven't managed to understand it. I think we will do very well in PA, but I can't figure out why other than I know how PA is. We aren't a liberal state as Santorum proclaims, but we aren't really conservative either. I always thought the libertarian message would work well in PA. I find we tend to have more apathy than ideology. We have terrible politicians regardless of party. When was the last time we actually had a "good" governor, or "good" senators and congressmen? I can say their are some that are better than others, but it just falls back into "well the R is better than the D sometimes and vice versa".

I wonder if a governor could win on the platform of privatizing roads and abolishing PENNDOT. Is there anyone in PA that doesn't hate PENNDOT? I have never met anyone that doesn't... Even PENNDOT workers I have known.

Regarding party registration, I've been registered Republican since I've been 18. I thought about changing (well pretty much right after I registered), but I figured it would better to be able to vote in primaries. I always will know where the libertarian candidate will stand (for the most part) so I don't really need to vote in their primaries.

garyallen59
10-31-2011, 09:59 AM
Wait a minute. Is this the Official It's Official Thread? I want to make sure I'm posting in only Official threads.

Congrats, anyway! It is quite a privilege to get to vote for the good doctor. I've had 4 family members get registered so far this year to vote for Ron Paul, one is my 82 year old grandmother who has never voted in her life, she wants to vote for Ron!

10-31-2011, 10:01 AM
Yep PA delegates are unbound. We are going to give PA to Ron.

Carole
10-31-2011, 10:20 AM
Congratulations, well done. :)