PDA

View Full Version : What Would Really Happen If Ron Paul Were To Be Elected President?

bobbyw24
10-31-2011, 06:51 AM
So what would really happen if Ron Paul were as elected President?

President Paul would immediately push for $1 trillion cut in federal spending (per year, not the $3 trillion that Democrats proposed over 10 years with half of that from increased taxes).

President Paul would have the authority as commander-and-chief towithdraw troops from overseas, within limits of treaty commitments which must be honored (US supplies defense for Saudi Arabia, many other nations). To the extent possible, the US would cease being the world's policeman and plunderer of foreign economies (Iraq, Libya). The US would cease being a war economy. President Paul would also push to eradicate foreign aid which essentially is bribery, often to foreign despots who the US quietly supports because they hold a strong hand over their masses.

President Paul would have some empty chairs in his Cabinet – the Department of Commerce, Department of Education and other Cabinet positions would be eliminated. Civil service employees would be ushered into other government jobs.

President Paul would likely demand, using his bully-pulpit, a regular audit of the Federal Reserve (recall the FED pushed $13 trillion of short-term loans out the door in the world financial crisis without any oversight, which resulted in worldwide inflation and the unrest we now see in foreign countries – Egypt, Libya, etc – as a result of rising food prices.).

You probably don't know that the Federal Reserve bank takes a 6% cut off the top of all interest it collects as middleman between the US Treasury Dept and local banks. (President John F Kennedy realized this, recognized it would result in huge federal debts in the future, which have now materialized, and cut the Federal Reserve entirely out of the equation in 1963 by directly issuing US Notes, not Federal Reserve currency, into the economy. Of course, shots fired in Dallas ceased that practice and all those US Notes were quietly withdrawn from circulation.) That cut for the central bankers would be eliminated in a Ron Paul Presidency.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/sardi/sardi192.html

fisharmor
10-31-2011, 07:03 AM
Without the ever-watchful and beneficent state holding the reigns, society would collapse!
He wants to eliminate the department of commerce, and as we all know the US president has power words in secret tomes, the utterance of which will immediately fire thousands of employees and liquidate property. He needs only speak, and this entire department would disappear!

And how can we as a society expect to survive without COMMERCE??!!!?? As we're all aware, these things don't just exist. Eliminating the federal department of a thing eliminates the thing - how can we expect these things to exist in society without their state totem? How will we buy toothpaste without this vital service?
Simple insanity. We can't attack commerce and claim to be capitalists!

And HHS? Seriously, he wants to eliminate HEALTH? This is simply one of the primary benchmarks of civilization! Why doesn't he go after the Agriculture and Food departments while he's at it, and then we can all just be starving, homeless, disease-ridden wretches!

Don't even get me started on Education - though I guess it makes sense in the twisted mind of a libertarian... who needs an education when you're starving on the street?

10-31-2011, 07:05 AM
I think I see were you are going with this. I'm not a conspiracy theorist. I don't read infowars etc. But Ron would need private security as President, I wouldn't trust the government to protect him. I'd suggest ex-special forces supporters or something similar. Sadly I'm not kidding.

fisharmor
10-31-2011, 07:08 AM
Yeah well he still has to fight against at least several months of arguments like I posted before he even gets anywhere.
What would happen is that he'd veto any budget that didn't include his plan, and eventually congress would band together and get the votes to overrule his veto.
End of story.

ross11988
10-31-2011, 07:53 AM
I think I see were you are going with this. I'm not a conspiracy theorist. I don't read infowars etc. But Ron would need private security as President, I wouldn't trust the government to protect him. I'd suggest ex-special forces supporters or something similar. Sadly I'm not kidding.

+1. Also he needs to made sure that his VP and Sec-Def are top of the line. God forbid that Boehner becomes POTUS under something horrible happening.

Tunink
10-31-2011, 07:57 AM
I would run down my street naked/drunk, go home and make crazy love to my wife, then rinse and repeat for the next 4 years.

10-31-2011, 08:03 AM
Ron Paul probably wouldn't get much done as president... but that's exactly the idea. He would start reversing the tide of big government.

freeforall
10-31-2011, 08:46 AM
I would run down my street naked/drunk, go home and make crazy love to my wife, then rinse and repeat for the next 4 years.

If you're not already doing this, you're not having enough fun yet!

Philosophy_of_Politics
10-31-2011, 09:21 AM
All I know is...if Ron Paul gets targeted the same way JFK did (the conspiracy is that it was due to JFK's push on the fed). I'll be returning the favor.

kd7one
10-31-2011, 09:34 AM
What would really happen would be the same thing as the last 100 years. He would be surrounded and controlled by the globalists or might end up like JFK.

Plague-of-Locutus
10-31-2011, 09:57 AM
I've inferred from what Ron has said and indirectly said that if elected and he ran into a stonewall defiant congress he would issue executive order to undo a lot of the damage done. The tool is there, might as well use it to fix everything, then relinquish that Presidential power to let the country work the way it was supposed to.

milo10
10-31-2011, 09:59 AM
I would suggest that Ron get Jesse Ventura somewhere in the govt, perhaps as part of an investigative or sunlight committee, where he has the ability to make tens of thousands of confidential documents available to the general public. We would actually be able to see the real history of the past few decades as it concerns the American govt.

This is not only valuable in and of itself, but will make him incredibly popular.

Btw, I'm completely serious on all of this.