PDA

View Full Version : [video] Geraldo: Cain Accused Of Sexual Misconduct By 2 Women In 1990's

Immortal Technique
10-30-2011, 09:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNrECuZHdbk

Airing Date Oct.30, 2011 Link below for more

2 women accused Herman Cain of inappropriate behavior

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1011/67194.html#ixzz1cKHNZMix

MikeStanart
10-30-2011, 09:38 PM
Rises like a Star, falls like a Meteor.

Happened to Perry, Cain is next on the list.

bluesc
10-30-2011, 09:42 PM
Wow that was horrible.

XPhobic76
Herman Cain has guaranteed that the media is going to push this by saying that the story is not true when Politico says it has seen documents describing the allegations and the settlements.

WarNoMore
Hahaha, trainwreck.

FrankRep
10-30-2011, 09:43 PM
Sexual Harassment Claim Against Herman Cain Based on Anonymous Sources
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?327012-Sexual-Harassment-Claim-Against-Herman-Cain-Based-on-Anonymous-Sources

zerosdontcount
10-30-2011, 09:51 PM
Wow, I hope this gets replayed a million times on fox.

FrankRep
10-30-2011, 09:52 PM
Wow, I hope this gets replayed a million times on fox.
This will help Cain.

Immortal Technique
10-30-2011, 09:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp8_RScAjf4

WarNoMore
10-30-2011, 09:58 PM
This will help Cain.

It'll help him get his tv show, certainly. Spitzer etc.. Seems a prerequisite before you get a show these days is to have a sex scandal pop up.

Kords21
10-30-2011, 10:00 PM
The Cain campagin set itself up for a most epic fail here. :D

Major props to Geraldo here.

FrankRep
10-30-2011, 10:03 PM
The Cain campagin set itself up for a most epic fail here. :D

Major props to Geraldo here.
Willing to put money on that? I bet Cain will come out ahead.

bluesc
10-30-2011, 10:08 PM
Willing to put money on that? I bet Cain will come out ahead.

9 fuckin' lives.

pauliticalfan
10-30-2011, 10:09 PM
Not really on topic, but I'm a grammar nazi so I gotta say it...

For fuck's sake Fox, it's 1990s not 1990's. Please find an editor who actually knows what he's doing.

Kords21
10-30-2011, 10:09 PM
Did you even listen to that video of Geraldo giving the campaign plenty of chances to outright deny this? This is going to hurt Cain's campaign one way or another. Yeah, that's partially wishful thinking. Media sites like Politico don't run these typs of stories unless their ducks are in a row. Otherwie, the Cain campaign could sue them for libel. I don't bet on political matters. I only gamble in Vegas.

sparebulb
10-30-2011, 10:12 PM
After his collapse Fox can set Hermie up on a newsfomerical with a couple of go-to political hacks.....Client number 9 and the toe sucker.

WarNoMore
10-30-2011, 10:14 PM
It's not only the harassment, it's the pay offs to the women. That make it look bad, and the denials are the cherry on top.

FrankRep
10-30-2011, 10:17 PM
It's not only the harassment, it's the pay offs to the women. That make it look bad, and the denials are the cherry on top.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?327012-Sexual-Harassment-Claim-Against-Herman-Cain-Based-on-Anonymous-Sources

ZanZibar
10-30-2011, 10:19 PM
It's not only the harassment, it's the pay offs to the women. That make it look bad, and the denials are the cherry on top.In politics the lie or coverup is usually worse than the original incident.

amy31416
10-30-2011, 10:25 PM

For fuck's sake Fox, it's 1990s not 1990's. Please find an editor who actually knows what he's doing.

Thanks. I didn't know that...I'll try to remember when I type stuff out in the future.

+rep.

low preference guy
10-30-2011, 10:27 PM
Thanks. I didn't know that...I'll try to remember when I type stuff out in the future.

+rep.

I love grammar nazis as well. Except MelissaWV, of course.

guitarlifter
10-30-2011, 10:35 PM

+rep.

Just for further clarification, any acronym, number or anything shortened doesn't use a comma after it unless it is to show ownership. Ex: I am sick and tired of these UFOs. Example of ownership: This appears to be the UFO's leader.

Danke
10-30-2011, 10:43 PM

Does that apply for every decade?

AGRP
10-30-2011, 10:44 PM
Surely, Coulter would be equally passionate about defending Paul if he somehow did the same thing :rolleyes:

FrankRep
10-30-2011, 10:45 PM
Does that apply for every decade?

http://i.imgur.com/FV9ZC.gif

Uriah
10-30-2011, 10:45 PM
The alleged incident(s) could be very minor. But the payout and lack of confirmation either way from Cain's campaign will hurt him. The media loves to talk about sex, scandals, and violence. We've got two in this topic. Does not bode well for Herman Cain.

amy31416
10-30-2011, 10:46 PM
I love grammar nazis as well. Except MelissaWV, of course.

Everybody's gotta have a nemesis, eh?

Just for further clarification, any acronym, number or anything shortened doesn't use a comma after it unless it is to show ownership. Ex: I am sick and tired of these UFOs. Example of ownership: This appears to be the UFO's leader.

I can't think of any statement off the top of my head where it'd be correct to use "1990's" if that's the case, so that simplifies things, I think. I absolutely hated grammar classes, so everything I know I picked up from reading. Leaves a few gaps, that's for sure.

wannaberocker
10-30-2011, 10:46 PM
Sounds more like a repeat of Clarence Thomas from the leftist. I remember the last election the NYT said McCain had an affair. Truth is, I don’t like Cain and I don’t like McCain now or in 08. But, this stuff is just getting ridiculous. What’s next if RP becomes the front runner, they will say he had an affair too?

Oh, I forgot in the South Carolina race the media claimed Nikki Haley also had an affair. So I guess this is how almost every person that has an (R) next to their name is to be treated by the media. Just keep posting stories they sexually harassed women or had an affair. Don’t have to prove a thing, just say Anonymous Sources say it happened.

bluesc
10-30-2011, 10:47 PM
http://i.imgur.com/FV9ZC.gif

That would have been a fucking hilarious response by pauliticalfan. You just didn't give him time.

amy31416
10-30-2011, 10:52 PM
Sounds more like a repeat of Clerance Thomas from the leftist. I remember the last election the NYT said MCcain had an affair. Truth is i dont like Cain and i dont like Mccain now or in 08. But, this stuff is just getting ridiculous. Whats next if RP becomes the front runner, they will say he had an affair too?

Oh i forgot in the South Carolina race the media claimed Nikki Haley also had an affair. So i guess this is how almost every person that has an (R) next to their name is to be treated by the media. Just keep posting stories they sexually harrassed women or had an affair. Dont have to prove a thing, just say Anonymous Sources say it happened.

Both sides regularly use this as an attack because politicians on both sides are usually guilty of it at one point in their life, or as an ongoing "issue."

AGRP
10-30-2011, 10:55 PM
He will be sunk if his answer will resemble anything like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nrpu-uGsCuQ

wannaberocker
10-30-2011, 11:00 PM
Both sides regularly use this as an attack because politicians on both sides are usually guilty of it at one point in their life, or as an ongoing "issue."

I’m not talking about the incidents that were true. I’m talking about the allegations that had no bases, but were used to smear Republicans. In recent memory untrue and unproven allegations have only been used against republican candidates. In that regard its only one side doing the dirty work.

Oh and Sarah Palin also comes to mind. Didn’t they say she had sex with some basketball guy.

kylejack
10-30-2011, 11:07 PM
I’m not talking about the incidents that were true. I’m talking about the allegations that had no bases, but were used to smear Republicans. In recent memory untrue and unproven allegations have only been used against republican candidates. In that regard its only one side doing the dirty work.

Oh and Sarah Palin also comes to mind. Didn’t they say she had sex with some basketball guy.
She did. Glen Rice confirmed that it happened. It is relevant because Palin is pushing bogus abstinence-only sex education that she and her daughters aren't capable of practicing.

Oddone
10-30-2011, 11:09 PM
Going to have to say from what I can see here with all the information given by Politico and the way Cains campaign is handling it... It is very true, and Cain is running scared trying to figure out what to say.

I don't think this is going to be one of those; he had an affair so we think, or they told us, or well we don't really have proof kinda deals.

kylejack
10-30-2011, 11:12 PM
Notice that they are saying the claims are "unsubstantiated", not that they're false. They're giving themselves room to retreat when it's proven to have happened.

wannaberocker
10-30-2011, 11:14 PM
She did. Glen Rice confirmed that it happened. It is relevant because Palin is pushing bogus abstinence-only sex education that she and her daughters aren't capable of practicing.

And the Palin family denies the claim.

FrankRep
10-30-2011, 11:14 PM
Notice that they are saying the claims are "unsubstantiated", not that they're false. They're giving themselves room to retreat when it's proven to have happened.

The report was based on anonymous sources and, in one case, what the publication said was a review of documentation that described the allegations and the resolution.

Cain's campaign told the AP that the allegations were not true, and amounted to unfair attacks.

kylejack
10-30-2011, 11:18 PM

The report was based on anonymous sources and, in one case, what the publication said was a review of documentation that described the allegations and the resolution.

Cain's campaign told the AP that the allegations were not true, and amounted to unfair attacks.
I'm talking about the paying women off incident. It seems the campaign is going to eventually go with denying that the underlying incident took place, and that yes, two women were paid off to drop it.

FrankRep
10-30-2011, 11:19 PM
I'm talking about the paying women off incident. It seems the campaign is going to eventually go with denying that the underlying incident took place, and that yes, two women were paid off to drop it.
anonymous sources.

kylejack
10-30-2011, 11:20 PM
anonymous sources.
It is probably the actual women, who are prevented from talking publicly about it because of the deal they signed.

FrankRep
10-30-2011, 11:24 PM
It is probably the actual women, who are prevented from talking publicly about it because of the deal they signed.
This will be great for the Cain campaign because he's being attacked with non-credible information. "The leftist plot against Cain."

kylejack
10-30-2011, 11:25 PM
This will be great for the Cain campaign because he's being attacked with non-credible information.

Cain spokesman J.D. Gordon told POLITICO the candidate indicated to campaign officials that he was “vaguely familiar” with the charges and that the restaurant association’s general counsel had resolved the matter.
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1011/67194.html#ixzz1cKlmmXR6

So it sure seems to me they're going to go with admitting women were paid off. Why pay someone off for a baseless claim?

low preference guy
10-30-2011, 11:26 PM

So it sure seems to me they're going to go with admitting women were paid off. Why pay someone off for a baseless claim?

because the judicial system is fucked up and sometimes innocent people go to jail, especially if you're black.

FrankRep
10-30-2011, 11:28 PM

Herman Cain denies report of sexual harassment (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_CAIN_HARASSMENT?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2011-10-30-20-54-16)

Associated Press
Oct 30, 2011

In a statement to The Associated Press, his campaign disputed a Politico report that said Cain had been accused of sexually suggestive behavior toward at least two female employees.

The report said the women signed agreements with the restaurant group that gave them five-figure financial payouts to leave the association and barred them from discussing their departures. Neither woman was identified.

"Inside-the-Beltway media have begun to launch unsubstantiated personal attacks on Cain," spokesman J.D. Gordon said in a written statement. "Dredging up thinly sourced allegations stemming from Mr. Cain's tenure as the Chief Executive Officer at the National Restaurant Association in the 1990s, political trade press are now casting aspersions on his character and spreading rumors that never stood up to the facts."

Asked if Cain's campaign was denying the report, Gordon said, "Yes."

kylejack
10-30-2011, 11:33 PM
Herman Cain denies report of sexual harassment (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_CAIN_HARASSMENT?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2011-10-30-20-54-16)

Associated Press
Oct 30, 2011

In a statement to The Associated Press, his campaign disputed a Politico report that said Cain had been accused of sexually suggestive behavior toward at least two female employees.

The report said the women signed agreements with the restaurant group that gave them five-figure financial payouts to leave the association and barred them from discussing their departures. Neither woman was identified.

"Inside-the-Beltway media have begun to launch unsubstantiated personal attacks on Cain," spokesman J.D. Gordon said in a written statement. "Dredging up thinly sourced allegations stemming from Mr. Cain's tenure as the Chief Executive Officer at the National Restaurant Association in the 1990s, political trade press are now casting aspersions on his character and spreading rumors that never stood up to the facts."

Asked if Cain's campaign was denying the report, Gordon said, "Yes."
Not sure why you keep posting it, but journalists often use anonymous sources!

FrankRep
10-30-2011, 11:41 PM
Not sure why you keep posting it, but journalists often use anonymous sources!
Yeah, it's called Yellow journalism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_journalism).

kylejack
10-30-2011, 11:42 PM
Yeah, it's called Yellow journalism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_journalism).
Except that clearly there was some sort of allegation, because Cain confirmed it by saying he was vaguely familiar with it. If you want an on-the-record source, Herman Cain is that source!

FrankRep
10-30-2011, 11:53 PM
Except that clearly there was some sort of allegation, because Cain confirmed it by saying he was vaguely familiar with it. If you want an on-the-record source, Herman Cain is that source!
Herman Cain admitted to nothing. "Vaguely familiar" is NOT an admission to guilt.

kylejack
10-31-2011, 12:00 AM
Herman Cain admitted to nothing. "Vaguely familiar" is NOT an admission to guilt.
Right. It's an admission that there was an allegation from someone, and that it was resolved by counsel. The women were paid off, and that itself might be bad for him, even if he didn't harass anyone.

emazur
10-31-2011, 12:04 AM
That's nothin. But if anonymous sources reveal he also made these women bow down before Aqua Buddha, the shit's really gonna hit the fan.

kylejack
10-31-2011, 12:04 AM
Hey dongkong, Palin had sex with that guy, and giving me negative rep for "pushing falsehoods" isn't going to change that. I also did some digging, and you're full of crap. Palin never denied having sex with Glen Rice.

But why would it even be shocking? We know Palin has had premarital sex before. She was pregnant when she married Todd.

cindy25
10-31-2011, 12:05 AM
this has both religious and racial problems (if the women were white) for Cain. most GOP primary voters will be very upset with this.

FrankRep
10-31-2011, 12:07 AM
this has both religious and racial problems (if the women were white) for Cain. most GOP primary voters will be very upset with this.
I bet most GOP voters will think it's a leftist plot against Cain.

BucksforPaul
10-31-2011, 12:34 AM
I see that the two Herman "the adulterer" Cain supporters are very active in this thread.

wannaberocker
10-31-2011, 10:14 AM
Hey dongkong, Palin had sex with that guy, and giving me negative rep for "pushing falsehoods" isn't going to change that. I also did some digging, and you're full of crap. Palin never denied having sex with Glen Rice.

But why would it even be shocking? We know Palin has had premarital sex before. She was pregnant when she married Todd.
If one day you should amount to a position of prominance and someone dude comes and says "kylejack" and i had sex and did coke together. But you deny anything happened, whos should i believe?

Id suggest you do some more research.

Your logic about premerital sex is foolish at best. This is the same sort of mindless argument people make when a sexually active woman says rape.

specsaregood
10-31-2011, 10:22 AM
Once again we see the knowledgeable foresight in Dr. Paul, what with his being old-school and not ever being alone with unrelated women.

kylejack
10-31-2011, 10:40 AM
If one day you should amount to a position of prominance and someone dude comes and says "kylejack" and i had sex and did coke together. But you deny anything happened, whos should i believe?
Palin didn't deny it (you made that up), and there is nothing even wrong with having sex with someone, even a black guy. It's totally normal. It isn't even scandalous, except for the fact that Palin harps on no pre-marital sex, an ineffective method of birth control (because few stick to it).

Brett85
10-31-2011, 10:52 AM

Glen Rice confirmed that it happened? By who? Even if he said that it happened, why should people believe his word over hers?

Brett85
10-31-2011, 10:55 AM
Did Frank Rep just get banned? With over 20,000 posts and here since 2007? Simply for defending Herman Cain against the liberal media?

kylejack
10-31-2011, 11:04 AM
Glen Rice confirmed that it happened? By who? Even if he said that it happened, why should people believe his word over hers?
A writer heard a story that Palin had been telling people about how she didn't trust black people because of a sexual encounter she had with a black athlete. The reporter started asking around and people told him the athlete was Glen Rice. He went to Rice and Rice confirmed that they had a one night stand. Palin didn't deny it. It isn't a question of his word over hers.

Besides, who cares if it is true? We already know for a fact that Palin had premarital sex with Todd. She was pregnant when they married. So if we already know Palin had premarital sex, does it really matter that there was a second guy she had sex with as well? No.

kylejack
10-31-2011, 11:07 AM
Did Frank Rep just get banned? With over 20,000 posts and here since 2007? Simply for defending Herman Cain against the liberal media?
Probably for spamming the same copy/paste over and over again in multiple threads.

wannaberocker
10-31-2011, 12:46 PM
Palin didn't deny it (you made that up), and there is nothing even wrong with having sex with someone, even a black guy. It's totally normal. It isn't even scandalous, except for the fact that Palin harps on no pre-marital sex, an ineffective method of birth control (because few stick to it).

Here is the statement the Palin's made about the Book which claims Palin was having one night stands, affairs and doing cocain etc.

A Palin spokeswoman issued this statement from Palin's husband, Todd Palin, to the Miami Herald at midnight. "This is a man who has been relentlessly stalking my family to the point of moving in right next door to us to harass us and spy on us to satisfy his creepy obsession with my wife. His book is full of disgusting lies, innuendo, and smears. Even The New York Times called this book ‘dated, petty,’ and that it ‘chases caustic, unsubstantiated gossip."

The problem is not if Palin had sex with X Y or Z. The problem is that whenever a republican gets popular enough, they same tactics are always used.

Also to the point that Palin's harps on premerital sex. So do you live in a world where people cannot learn from their mistakes? I know there are alot of mistakes iv made in life. I also know that if and when i become a parent, id sure try to make sure my kids dont make the same mistakes again. Id also hope that the kids in my community dont make those mistakes, that i made. So what am i not allowed to warn younger kids about making the same mistakes? Will a guy like you stand by and say "ohh ohhh you made these mistakes, how dare you now claim that such mistakes shouldnt be made"?

So what if palin speaks against pre-merital sex? Are you in the camp that wants more people to have babies without being married? Are you in the camp that likes the idea of single parents raising kids? Do you honestly think that its a bad thing that Palin is trying to tell folks that they should wait for sex before marriage?

kylejack
10-31-2011, 12:49 PM
So what if palin speaks against pre-merital sex? Are you in the camp that wants more people to have babies without being married? Are you in the camp that likes the idea of single parents raising kids? Do you honestly think that its a bad thing that Palin is trying to tell folks that they should wait for sex before marriage?
I'm in the camp that knows that statistically, abstinence-only education has a very bad track record of preventing pregnancy compared to sex education. Palin and her daughter are two examples of the failure of abstinence-only education.

Brett85
10-31-2011, 02:14 PM
I'm in the camp that knows that statistically, abstinence-only education has a very bad track record of preventing pregnancy compared to sex education. Palin and her daughter are two examples of the failure of abstinence-only education.

Public schools should be out of the business of teaching sex education, period. That's an issue that parents should discuss with their children. That kind of garbage is why many parents choose to homeschool their kids.

Brett85
10-31-2011, 02:17 PM
Probably for spamming the same copy/paste over and over again in multiple threads.

I would think that a long time member with over 20,000 posts would at least get some kind of warning before they got banned, like a suspension. It just seemed like he had a different opinion. He wasn't profane and he didn't seem to ever personally attack anyone.

kylejack
10-31-2011, 02:18 PM
Public schools should be out of the business of teaching sex education, period. That's an issue that parents should discuss with their children. That kind of garbage is why many parents choose to homeschool their kids.
That's fine, but parents should teach their kids what sex is, and what protection is. It's fine to try and convince your kids to wait until marriage, but if they decide not to, give them the tools to make smart decisions.

CaptainAmerica
10-31-2011, 02:20 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-IHrB_SyDWdk/TcNXYLiv8PI/AAAAAAAAATE/SwzGisrDbB8/s1600/trainfail2.jpg
Cains Train

kahless
10-31-2011, 02:20 PM
I bet most GOP voters will think it's a leftist plot against Cain.

That is the narrative Neocon talk radio is using today.

Brett85
10-31-2011, 02:27 PM
How do you conduct your own poll on these forums?

ZanZibar
10-31-2011, 02:30 PM
Public schools should be out of the business of teaching sex education, period. That's an issue that parents should discuss with their children.Biology is something that should be taught however. Except that the government should be out of the education business.

pcosmar
10-31-2011, 02:31 PM
That is the narrative Neocon talk radio is using today.

Yeah,, couldn't possibly be his own indiscretions.

The paper trail should show up. If there were indeed complaints filed.

I am wondering if there are any others that weren't paid off,, and will they be coming forward.

Brett85
10-31-2011, 02:33 PM
Biology is something that should be taught however. Except that the government should be out of the education business.

Brett85
10-31-2011, 02:35 PM
Which moderator banned Frank Rep? I'd like to know what the reasoning was for that.

wizardwatson
10-31-2011, 02:35 PM
anonymous sources.

I wonder it this is Cain's AquaBuddha moment. Could be good for him.

kahless
10-31-2011, 02:49 PM
Yeah,, couldn't possibly be his own indiscretions.

The paper trail should show up. If there were indeed complaints filed.

I am wondering if there are any others that weren't paid off,, and will they be coming forward.

The coverage is irrational. It may not matter what turns up the way they are playing it. Cain is their second choice, they ultimately want Romney so they had to bring Cain down a peg. But they are being careful not to bring him down too far since they cannot allow the rise of Ron Paul and need Cain in the top tier to ensure an establishment win regardless.

wannaberocker
10-31-2011, 03:16 PM

I want the govt to be out of the Sex ed business completly.

And i dont know what sort of sexual education palin or her daughter recieved (do you) in high school? Palin was a grown ass woman when she got preg, you cant blame that on a lack of sex ed in high school.

ZanZibar
10-31-2011, 06:21 PM
A pic from the Des Moines Register:

http://caucuses.desmoinesregister.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/herman.bachmann.jpeg

MikeStanart
10-31-2011, 06:33 PM
LoL Cain is VERY grabby there.

http://i.imgur.com/WFpIc.jpg

ZanZibar
10-31-2011, 07:00 PM
LoL Cain is VERY grabby there.

The expression on his face is hilarious lulz

MikeStanart
10-31-2011, 07:02 PM
The expression on his face is hilarious lulz

Bachman's too. She's like "Ok why is this weird man fondling me?"

lucent
10-31-2011, 07:40 PM
That's fine, but parents should teach their kids what sex is, and what protection is. It's fine to try and convince your kids to wait until marriage, but if they decide not to, give them the tools to make smart decisions.

and if they believe otherwise? Going to use the government to force them?

kylejack
10-31-2011, 07:53 PM
No. I will just continue to condemn people like Palin that encourage specious sex ed lessons.