PDA

View Full Version : Paul camp responds to Cain's story--by hitting him on bailouts, the Fed-(Politico)

IndianaPolitico
10-30-2011, 07:10 PM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1011/67199.html

"Ron Paul's presidential campaign is the first to respond to POLITICO's story this evening detailing accusations of inappropriate behavior made against Herman Cain when he headed the National Restaurant Association.

Paul campaign chairman Jesse Benton criticized Cain in an email for being soft on the Fed and supporting the 2008 bank bailouts — but didn't comment directly on the allegations against Cain.

Continue Reading

"We plan to beat Herman Cain on the issues, like his support for TARP and his cozy relationship with the Federal Reserve, not by assaulting his character," Benton told POLITICO.

Each of Cain's rivals has to decide whether to go after him for the allegations of personal misconduct, or to let the story take its toll without any help from them. Paul is apparently choosing Door No. 2."

Our campaign again, takes the high road.

bluesc
10-30-2011, 07:11 PM
So they should :)

Good job Jesse.

Kords21
10-30-2011, 07:12 PM
Glad they're taking the high road on this. I can see Perry sinking his teeth into this

JohnGalt23g
10-30-2011, 07:12 PM
So they should :)

Good job Jesse.

Absolutely...

They should leave that job to us :eek:

IDefendThePlatform
10-30-2011, 07:15 PM
Great move by the campaign.

Tweeted.

smartguy911
10-30-2011, 07:16 PM
I like

jkob
10-30-2011, 07:18 PM
Good move staying above it. Let someone like Perry or Santorum do the dirty work.

TexMac
10-30-2011, 07:21 PM
Best answer they could have given.

PaulConventionWV
10-30-2011, 07:24 PM
I definitely feel these accusations are relevant to whether or not Cain should be president. Accusations of inappropriate behavior say a lot about a person, even if they aren't true. In this case, I am almost certain they are, just because I've known this type of person too long. The power-hungry sex maniac that knows he can cover anything up.

Even though these accusations are not trivial and are definitely relevant to the campaign, I commend the Paul campaign for not getting involved in the kind of mud-slinging that usually happens over this type of stuff. It ends up making the whole thing into a drama contest.

IndianaPolitico
10-30-2011, 07:27 PM
I am glad that the campaign is sticking to the issues.
Also interesting to see that they were the first ones to respond to Politico, and with a very nice quote! Good job Benton!

ItsTime
10-30-2011, 07:28 PM
Another Truth bomb booooooom!

sailingaway
10-30-2011, 07:31 PM
I definitely feel these accusations are relevant to whether or not Cain should be president. Accusations of inappropriate behavior say a lot about a person, even if they aren't true. In this case, I am almost certain they are, just because I've known this type of person too long. The power-hungry sex maniac that knows he can cover anything up.

Even though these accusations are not trivial and are definitely relevant to the campaign, I commend the Paul campaign for not getting involved in the kind of mud-slinging that usually happens over this type of stuff. It ends up making the whole thing into a drama contest.

So do I but until they know the facts, they wouldn't want to just smear someone. It sure sounds bad with all those people losing their pensions though. And hardly fiscally responsible.

Dianne
10-30-2011, 07:35 PM
Paul must get tough !!!!!! The man has got to get tough !!!!! I saw him on CNN this morning with Crowell and asked about Romney flip flopping, Paul was just too damn nice about it. Sure Paul said Romney does change his positions and he is smooth about it.. but in order for Paul to grab headlines, he MUST hit hard.. and hope his comment is the headliner on every newspaper in the morning. Paul should have said "Romney is a flip flopper.. his opinions change on an hourly basis, depending on which lobbyists hand him money on a particular day".

Paul has a very good chance at this moment, and he needs to be more of a politician and less of a gentleman.. GOOD GUYS ALWAYS FINISH LAST !! He needs to take the gloves off .

wgadget
10-30-2011, 07:38 PM
AMERICA IS SICK AND TIRED OF THE POLITICIANS.

Just sayin.

Feelgood
10-30-2011, 07:41 PM
Off topic a bit. Do you think THIS story will make the headlines of Drudge? :)

Never mind. I see its already on Drudge!

IndianaPolitico
10-30-2011, 07:42 PM
Paul must get tough !!!!!! The man has got to get tough !!!!! I saw him on CNN this morning with Crowell and asked about Romney flip flopping, Paul was just too damn nice about it. Sure Paul said Romney does change his positions and he is smooth about it.. but in order for Paul to grab headlines, he MUST hit hard.. and hope his comment is the headliner on every newspaper in the morning. Paul should have said "Romney is a flip flopper.. his opinions change on an hourly basis, depending on which lobbyists hand him money on a particular day".

Paul has a very good chance at this moment, and he needs to be more of a politician and less of a gentleman.. GOOD GUYS ALWAYS FINISH LAST !! He needs to take the gloves off .

I think this is the right approach. We don't know all of the facts yet, and making an accusation quickly could get us in big trouble.

Cap
10-30-2011, 07:44 PM
Off topic a bit. Do you think THIS story will make the headlines of Drudge? :)

Never mind. I see its already on Drudge! Paul takes the High Road. Got a good ring to it. Drudged.

10-30-2011, 07:53 PM
I hope this is finally something to take Cain down.

I kinda hope frothy smears Cain badly with this.

musicmax
10-30-2011, 08:05 PM

Eww.

10-30-2011, 08:08 PM
Eww.

;) Yeah santorum is hard to clean off

FSP-Rebel
10-30-2011, 08:11 PM
If they're going here, next up Aquila. Saving the best for last, going for the kill so to speak.

SpicyTurkey
10-30-2011, 08:13 PM
The first to respond means the most exposure, and the response was great.

eleganz
10-30-2011, 08:15 PM
Us RP'ers should also stick to the issues as well. We know his weakness is his past at the federal reserve and director at Aquila, although this 'sexual harassment' ordeal is good for all the other candidates, we should take the high road and never play the 'low game'.

10-30-2011, 08:18 PM
Us RP'ers should also stick to the issues as well. We know his weakness is his past at the federal reserve and director at Aquila, although this 'sexual harassment' ordeal is good for all the other candidates, we should take the high road and never play the 'low game'.

Eh, we can be happy he's finally going down. This has to stick to teflon. Plus it exposes him to the GP as the head of a lobbying group if nothing else.

walt
10-30-2011, 08:33 PM
Hmmm...we've been here before...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSDAXGXGiEw&feature=youtube_gdata

Oddone
10-30-2011, 08:37 PM
I actully thought the Clinton thing was damn funny.. I loved what he said in court, I have to give it to him for questioning how you define 'is', and 'is' versus 'was'. IE past tense verses present tense.

Clinton told the grand jury (according to footnote 1,128 in Starr's report):"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."

JohnGalt23g
10-30-2011, 08:40 PM

Hey-hey-hey...

That's Senator Frothy to you, mister ;)

10-30-2011, 08:43 PM
Hey-hey-hey...

That's Senator Frothy to you, mister ;)

I didn't vote for him. We got rid of him in PA.

So say this story is proven and Cain has to drop out. Where are we? #2? Where does Cain's support go? back to Perry?

Kords21
10-30-2011, 08:45 PM
Newt's debate with Cain in the Lincoln-Dougless thing just got more interesting.

Oddone
10-30-2011, 08:57 PM
Newt's debate with Cain in the Lincoln-Dougless thing just got more interesting.

Haha it might get postponed forever now...

FSP-Rebel
10-30-2011, 08:59 PM
Perhaps this is where Snewt nails Cain to the wall. And with very little exposure, I predict Fox or somebodies picking up this just because. Even if Ron was invited/showed up it would not give us any headlines. Fact is, Ron would do well here cause it would force him to get rowdy on the others. Break the cherry Ron cuz I said so since you are too nice to do it on ure own.

Ah, we'll see how it goes...

limequat
10-30-2011, 09:05 PM
Eww.

Oh my god, first time I've actually L'd OL for real.

Oddone
10-30-2011, 09:08 PM
Perhaps this is where Snewt nails Cain to the wall.

I am not sure if Newt will be able to use it against Cain. If he does, his past cheating and multiple wives will come out again... The GOP doesn't like that...

FSP-Rebel
10-30-2011, 09:32 PM
I am not sure if Newt will be able to use it against Cain. If he does, his past cheating and multiple wives will come out again... The GOP doesn't like that...
go on..

sailingaway
10-30-2011, 09:52 PM
When I first responded I hadn't see the politico article. I assumed it was that pension thing where all those employees of the company he was on the board for were supposedly encouraged to invest pensions in co stock after it was taking a tail dive and lost their pensions. Something like that, it is in opposing candidates. I think that would be more problematic if it became widely known, actually. The problem is, we don't know the facts, just the court allegations.

low preference guy
10-30-2011, 09:57 PM
Could the charges by any weaker (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/10/30/coulter_on_politicos_smear_of_cain_liberals_terrif ied_of_strong_conservative_black_men.html)?

There were also descriptions of physical gestures that were not overtly sexual but that made women who experienced or witnessed them uncomfortable and that they regarded as improper in a professional relationship.

I don't even know what they're talking about. Could the more enlightened among us give me an example of a "physical gesture that is not 'overtly' sexual but improper in a professional relationship"?

kylejack
10-30-2011, 10:45 PM
edit nm

limequat
10-31-2011, 06:42 AM
Scratchin your nuggets?

Cabal
10-31-2011, 06:44 AM
Could the charges by any weaker (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/10/30/coulter_on_politicos_smear_of_cain_liberals_terrif ied_of_strong_conservative_black_men.html)?

I don't even know what they're talking about. Could the more enlightened among us give me an example of a "physical gesture that is not 'overtly' sexual but improper in a professional relationship"?

Inappropriate physical contact?

kylejack
10-31-2011, 08:34 AM
Physical gesture that is not overtly sexual but improper might be coming up behind someone and rubbing their shoulders, for example.

low preference guy
10-31-2011, 02:13 PM
Physical gesture that is not overtly sexual but improper might be coming up behind someone and rubbing their shoulders, for example.

Of course. How could I not remember?

http://www.pensitoreview.com/images/photo-bush-harasses-merkel.jpg

TexMac
10-31-2011, 02:15 PM
Ugh, I remember Shrub doing that to Merkel. What a creep.

pacelli
10-31-2011, 02:35 PM
I think the main issue with this Cain situation is that he doesn't know very much about deals that his organization made, allegations that were made against the organization, nor legal issues pertaining to those allegations. He ran it... yet he knows nothing? Sounds like someone unfit to run the country to me.

Liberty74
10-31-2011, 02:46 PM
Hopefully RP will stick to the issues and keep pounding away that the other top 3 tier people - Cain, Romney, Perry - all supported the bank and union bailouts (don't refer to it as TARP as most voters don't understand what that really means).

And for those who think this "scandal" will take Cain down, think again. It will only make his people rally around him as the Cain supporters at my employment are doing. All I am saying is don't get your hopes up as many have already done prior to this story thinking Cain would have collapsed by now i.e. flavor of the month.

Liberty74
10-31-2011, 02:50 PM

Funny about that. Our IT guy did such thing to another female employee with her permission. Another female in the same department reported it as sexual harassment. Sometimes this shit is just taken way overboard...

Chieppa1
10-31-2011, 02:51 PM
sure is lonely on the high road.

Brett85
10-31-2011, 02:54 PM

Yes, that certainly is not sexual harrasment. The radical feminists in this country have basically made it a crime to look at a woman in the wrong way.

Matthew5
10-31-2011, 03:10 PM
Yes, that certainly is not sexual harrasment. The radical feminists in this country have basically made it a crime to look at a woman in the wrong way.

That isn't? Would you want some guy coming up behind you at work and rubbing your shoulders without permission? Or doing that to your wife/gf/bf?

ghengis86
10-31-2011, 03:22 PM
That isn't? Would you want some guy coming up behind you at work and rubbing your shoulders without permission? Or doing that to your wife/gf/bf?

^^this should just be called harrasment. If it's not overtly sexual why label it as such?

Matthew5
10-31-2011, 03:29 PM
^^this should just be called harrasment. If it's not overtly sexual why label it as such?

Guess it depends on what an unlicensed masseuses usually gives shoulder rubs for. :p

KramerDSP
10-31-2011, 03:29 PM
I think the main issue with this Cain situation is that he doesn't know very much about deals that his organization made, allegations that were made against the organization, nor legal issues pertaining to those allegations. He ran it... yet he knows nothing? Sounds like someone unfit to run the country to me.

Devil's advocate - Use your argument on Ron Paul and the racist newsletters.

kylejack
10-31-2011, 03:30 PM
Touching people at work is totally inappropriate. Maybe there might be some touches that should be okay (maybe like a nudge to get someone's attention), but anything like rubbing someone's shoulders should only be done between people who have already clearly said they're okay with that. My personal policy is to never invade someone's personal space in a professional setting.

Brian4Liberty
10-31-2011, 03:30 PM

OMG! I could have filed multiple lawsuits in the past!

Of course. How could I not remember?

Lol! Classic.

Brian4Liberty
10-31-2011, 03:40 PM
Touching people at work is totally inappropriate. Maybe there might be some touches that should be okay (maybe like a nudge to get someone's attention), but anything like rubbing someone's shoulders should only be done between people who have already clearly said they're okay with that. My personal policy is to never invade someone's personal space in a professional setting.

Probably a good policy to have.

There was a guy at work that used to walk up and give a lot of people the shoulder rub/massage (both sexes). We figured it was cover so that he could do it to the girls and get away with it by claiming he did it to everyone.