PDA

View Full Version : Herman Cain: Ron Paul Supporters, Be Respectful (Herman Cain Heckled)

FrankRep
10-30-2011, 10:37 AM
Being rude won't win you votes.

Herman Cain Heckled by Ron Paul Supporters During Campaign Speech (http://www.theblaze.com/stories/herman-cain-heckled-by-ron-paul-supporters-during-campaign-speech/)

The Blaze
October 30, 2011

Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain had a bit of tough time on the campaign stump Saturday — supporters of rival candidate Ron Paul repeatedly shouted him down and heckled him, such that Cain cut in and told them to “be respectful.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Rj2bZpyQXXw

AGRP
10-30-2011, 10:44 AM
Why hasn't Beck called out Cain for being rude? It appears to me that Cain is the instigator.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nrpu-uGsCuQ

specsaregood
10-30-2011, 10:52 AM
Seems to me that Dr. Paul has been booed plenty of times on stage, he doesn't lose his nerve or temper though.

Bruno
10-30-2011, 10:56 AM
I remember how the media said it was rude for Romney supporters to boo Ron Paul when he won the CPAC straw poll in 2010. Oh, wait...

Sola_Fide
10-30-2011, 10:57 AM
Seems to me that Dr. Paul has been booed plenty of times on stage, he doesn't lose his nerve or temper though.

Good point. Ron has had a life of adversity in politics and you don't see him complaining or begging for respect.

PreDeadMan
10-30-2011, 10:59 AM
I say who gives a shit? you're not going to stop all ron paul supporters because people are individuals and act on their own volition. Let people boo the nein nein nein plan and his pizza shit politics. Some of the things that pepperoni pizza advocates, heckling is the least concerning thing lol....

specsaregood
10-30-2011, 11:00 AM
I say who gives a shit? you're not going to stop all ron paul supporters because people are individuals and act on their own volition. Let people boo the nein nein nein plan and his pizza shit politics. Some of the things that pepperoni pizza advocates heckling is the least concerning thing lol....

I used to be against it; but now I embrace it. Hell, yell, boo, heckle, screw those guys cuz sure enough they are trying to screw all of us. Bring politics back for the mundanes; if the stuffed shirts don't like it then let them isolate themselves. We out number them.

PreDeadMan
10-30-2011, 11:02 AM
I'd also like to add YOU HAVE TO EARN YOUR RESPECT that lying scumbag doesn't get any respect in my book.

FrankRep
10-30-2011, 11:02 AM
Have you guys stopped caring about winning the election?

If you have just let me know so I'll stop wasting my time.

PreDeadMan
10-30-2011, 11:03 AM
I used to be against it; but now I embrace it. Hell, yell, boo, heckle, screw those guys cuz sure enough they are trying to screw all of us. Bring politics back for the mundanes; if the stuffed shirts don't like it then let them isolate themselves. We out number them.

amen brother

pcosmar
10-30-2011, 11:04 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riding_the_rail

I am still confused as to why he is allowed to speak. in the first place.

http://montanawithkids.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Run-Out-Of-Town-On-A-Rail.jpg

specsaregood
10-30-2011, 11:06 AM

Why do you care? You bow at the feet of the UN.

FrankRep
10-30-2011, 11:08 AM
Why do you care? You bow at the feet of the UN.

You're a liar.

I want to abolish the United Nations. I'm anti-UN.

specsaregood
10-30-2011, 11:09 AM
You're a liar.
I want to abolish the United Nations. I'm anti-UN.

You love the UN and live by their decree.

Guitarzan
10-30-2011, 11:11 AM

How can you suggest that people have given up on winning the election when there were so many Ron Paul supporters in attendance?

If they'd given up, wouldn't they have stayed home?

Sola_Fide
10-30-2011, 11:12 AM

Yep. I'm the same way. I used to be against it but now if I was in the same position, I can't say that I wouldn't start yelling too.

FrankRep
10-30-2011, 11:12 AM
Again, you're lying. What the hell is your problem?

Sola_Fide
10-30-2011, 11:13 AM

What is this debate about?

specsaregood
10-30-2011, 11:16 AM
Again, you're lying. What the hell is your problem?
Just wondering why you are worried about elections here; when you support world government in the form of the U.N.

specsaregood
10-30-2011, 11:18 AM
Yep. I'm the same way. I used to be against it but now if I was in the same position, I can't say that I wouldn't start yelling too.

I read that one of portions where it started was when he was talking about foreign policy. Well if the guy was up their promoting wars of aggression, unconstitutional wars, murders of innocents or citizens; well he damn well sure deserves to be called out for it immediately, then and there. We can't be pussy-footing around these issues anymore and let these people have their say there is too much at stake to let it be said unchecked.

Miss Annie
10-30-2011, 11:20 AM

Love this and totally agree! If he is signing up to be President, he needs to be tough and if a little criticism can ruffle his feathers...... makes one think!
Although I have to admit, I have been completely disgusted by the racism that I have seen come out of MSNBC. That is disgusting!

civusamericanus
10-30-2011, 11:27 AM
Cain's right, Paul supporters are out to sabotage his campaign. The funny thing is, we're simply exposing his flip flopping and outright lies. Pawlenty we barely tried, Bachmann undid herself, and Perry undid himslef and we help drive the nail in the coffin. So now there's Cain who the more more we peel away, the more rotten he turns out to be. I'm surprised Cain isn't screaming about how Ron Paul is going to run third party and his stupid supporters are going to get Obama reelected. It's all rather predictable, I just hope we can knock Cain out of the race, so Conservatives are left with a real choice, Romney-Obama Light, or Ron Paul a true Constitutional Conservative.

We are running out of time and we're battling the media talking heads, so keep the pressure on Cain, make sure everyone you talk to know's Cain has never worked for a small business, he's been in bed with Mega-Corp-Pillsbury all his life, who has received a tremendous amount of money from the US government over the years. It's companies like Pillsbury, which lobby for tougher regulations, so the small and mid size companies can't compete. Cain isn't some small business man, he's a corporate crony with quasi governmental experience with the Federal reserve, how can he possibly call himself an insider. Every time the man opens his mouth lies or changes his principles and positions.

Read everything you can on Herman Cain, he's right Paulites are out there to take him down, and if he was truly honest and sincere he'd have our support like Gary Johnson... But he's a phony like the rest of the GOP, it's too bad, we'd love another TRUE LIBERTY MINDED CANDIDATE, but Herman Cain ain't it!

Visit this link and find out everything you can on Herman Cain, once we remove Cain Ron Paul will rise to 2nd place!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?313-Opposing-Candidates&prefixid=herman

steph3n
10-30-2011, 11:30 AM

it is already lost. The media has selected, it won't be Paul.

You are wasting your time even voting. I won't be voting, it is useless.
It no longer matters what the people want, we don't have representatives, we have corporate lobbyist in govt.
Politics are a sham and a waste of time in general.

sparebulb
10-30-2011, 11:35 AM

It no longer matters what the people want, we don't have representatives, we have corporate lobbyist in govt.

I won't say that you are wrong. I continue to vote at every election for self-amusement and to have complete bitching rights.

PreDeadMan
10-30-2011, 11:37 AM

hm yeah i'm very apathetic also but i convinced my dad to vote for ron paul hell.... in the last election he thought ron paul was out to lunch then as he saw how he was ignored in the debates and saw some interviews with him he is now a big fan of him and he told me the reason he probably wont get elected is because people are mostly sheep who don't understand freedom lol but even though i may be a free market anarchist i may be caving in and voting but at least i got my pops on board lol in the last election he voted mccain i told him to vote for chuck baldwin but now he's on board with the REVOLution.

Philhelm
10-30-2011, 11:39 AM
Oh look...a noble telling the peasants to be polite. Don't expect the same treatment in return.

steph3n
10-30-2011, 11:40 AM
I won't say that you are wrong. I continue to vote at every election for self-amusement and to have complete bitching rights.

At one time several months ago and before, I believed every vote counted, opinions mattered, all that goodie stuff. It is all a pile of crap.
I am here for myself, and my family, and will do what is best for them, laws and govt are meaningless to me now. If a law is immoral or corrupt, ignore it. I am weary to even have a family of my own and subject children to this current environment, but if i don't there may not be a future for this world since so many thing the govt provides all. Someone needs to actually be able to sustain themselves and a few around them.

No I am not a survivalist extremist person, but I can do a bit of everything, something many cannot. These forums probably have a very high percentage that can, and would if required, which is why I like it here :D

And oh yes, I have complete rights to complain, but I don't, why complain when there is living to do, wasting time complaining is a loss of productivity, just like posting here is now ;)

steph3n
10-30-2011, 11:41 AM
hm yeah i'm very apathetic also but i convinced my dad to vote for ron paul hell.... in the last election he thought ron paul was out to lunch then as he saw how he was ignored in the debates and saw some interviews with him he is now a big fan of him and he told me the reason he probably wont get elected is because people are mostly sheep who don't understand freedom lol but even though i may be a free market anarchist i may be caving in and voting but at least i got my pops on board lol in the last election he voted mccain i told him to vote for chuck baldwin but now he's on board with the REVOLution.

I am to the point I just don't think it matters, a single vote, or 50 million votes, if they aren't for the 'right' person they will disappear.

pcosmar
10-30-2011, 11:42 AM

Perhaps, But I will continue the fight BY ALL peaceful means. That includes shouting at the devil.

The alternative is ugly, but I have seen it in my dreams.

steph3n
10-30-2011, 11:44 AM
Perhaps, But I will continue the fight BY ALL peaceful means. That includes shouting at the devil.

Shout, shout loud. Throw truth at the lies. I am all for it, I am not discouraging at all. I am saying that our cause is not going to win in the end, it won't be allowed, so do whatever you have to do to make it known.

Lothario
10-30-2011, 11:47 AM
well the heckling will probably accomplish very little, but it gives people the feeling that they're being active and 'doing something,' so anyone that needs a release or an illusion, knock yourself out.

steph3n
10-30-2011, 11:52 AM
well the heckling will probably accomplish very little, but it gives people the feeling that they're being active and 'doing something,' so anyone that needs a release or an illusion, knock yourself out.

Replace heckling with voting and it is equally true.

Miss Annie

AMEN BROTHER!

AGRP
I'm all for being "rude" if it brings attention to the Federal Reserve.

Matter of fact, our founders called for it.

civusamericanus
10-30-2011, 11:53 AM

If we successfully knock Cain out of teh race, Ron Paul has a real shot at winning, but it's up to us grassroots supporters to expose Cain!

Rothbardian Girl
10-30-2011, 11:54 AM
He was NOT heckled. I was there. There were a few boos when he was talking about foreign aid to Israel (which I cringed at, admittedly), and a few boos when he said "We need to fix the Fed". That was it.

pcosmar
10-30-2011, 11:56 AM
I'm all for being "rude" if it brings attention to the Federal Reserve.

Matter of fact, our founders called for it.

He needs to be confronted on the lies he is spewing,,
Perhaps he will "lose his cool" and be seen for what he really is.

A full mental breakdown on stage in front of cameras will end the charade.

pcosmar
10-30-2011, 11:58 AM
He was NOT heckled. I was there. There were a few boos when he was talking about foreign aid to Israel (which I cringed at, admittedly), and a few boos when he said "We need to fix the Fed". That was it.

Thank You.
I have suspected this was being blown out of proportion.

bu the usual suspects as well,,

Theocrat
10-30-2011, 11:59 AM
Some Ron Paul supporters get really angry with Cain for his work and support of the Federal Reserve, and I think that's why he gets attacked by those Ron Paul supporters. However, they should definitely be tactful and courteous towards him, seeing that he could be a potential supporter of Ron Paul, should he drop out of the race (Yes, it could happen.).

Feelgood
10-30-2011, 12:00 PM
If you cant stand the heat, get out of the kitchen and stop baking pizzas!

http://news.yahoo.com/police-fla-pizza-workers-burned-down-rival-store-235723310.html

steph3n
10-30-2011, 12:03 PM
..seeing that he could be a potential supporter of Ron Paul, should he drop out of the race (Yes, it could happen.).

I see you found the potent stash today.

Kords21
10-30-2011, 12:31 PM
There is no way Herman Cain endorses Ron Paul. Just not going to happen. Herman Cain is a banskter stooge and happily does as he's told.

FrankRep
10-30-2011, 12:36 PM
There is no way Herman Cain endorses Ron Paul. Just not going to happen. Herman Cain is a banskter stooge and happily does as he's told.
Ron Paul's supporters are rude to Herman Cain, therefore, why would Herman Cain support Ron Paul?

moderate libertarian
10-30-2011, 12:39 PM
I don't support rude conduct by anyone but Cain has been very rude to Iraqi civilians. His conduct has been disgusting.

Kords21
10-30-2011, 12:42 PM
Ron Paul's supporters are rude to Herman Cain, therefore, why would Herman Cain support Ron Paul?

I think Herman Cain drew first blood with his comments towards Paul supporters as being stupid and saying everybody else is smarter than us. Cain getting heckled/booed by us is just a form of blowback. We didn't pick this fight, he did. As I side, Cain will never support/endorse Ron Paul. When Dr. Paul wins the nomination, Cain will say that Dr. Paul is not conservative enough for him and he just can't endorse him in the first episode of his new fox gig.

FrankRep
10-30-2011, 12:46 PM
I think Herman Cain drew first blood with his comments towards Paul supporters as being stupid and saying everybody else is smarter than us. Cain getting heckled/booed by us is just a form of blowback. We didn't pick this fight, he did. As I side, Cain will never support/endorse Ron Paul. When Dr. Paul wins the nomination, Cain will say that Dr. Paul is not conservative enough for him and he just can't endorse him in the first episode of his new fox gig.

Herman Cain gets sympathy and free publicity while millions of people see how rude Ron Paul supporters are. That's real BLOWBACK.

Lothario
10-30-2011, 12:52 PM

You are the actor, and the media is the editor. The editor can make a horrible actor brilliant...and a brilliant actor horrible. It doesn't matter how right you are, you don't have the power. The only recourse you have, is to choose which productions you take part in more wisely.

steph3n
10-30-2011, 12:55 PM
Herman Cain gets sympathy and free publicity while millions of people see how rude Ron Paul supporters are. That's real BLOWBACK.

It is a false story anyway, so it is all a lie, and you believe it. Hence Paul WILL NOT WIN and if you care about supporting a winner only, go elsewhere with the herd.

Miss Annie
10-30-2011, 01:04 PM

He should support Ron Paul based solely on his policies and not the behavior of others who claim to support him! That is foolish for him to think otherwise!
That so sounds like what people say when they don't want anything to do with Jesus based on the behavior of his believers!

pcosmar
10-30-2011, 01:05 PM
It is a false story anyway, so it is all a lie, and you believe it. Hence Paul WILL NOT WIN and if you care about supporting a winner only, go elsewhere with the herd.

Frank wants everyone to go sit on their hands in a corner and shut up.
Don't protest , don't yell, just go along with the game and and quietly wring your hands while the NWO continues it's progress.

I don't EXPECT Herman Cain to support Ron Paul.
Cain Is a NWO lapdog. I don't expect many in the GOP to support Ron Paul.
I expect them to support Trotsky just as they have been.

LibertyEagle
10-30-2011, 01:21 PM

I agree with Frank that, if those were indeed Ron Paul supporters, it was rude as all hell to go to Cain's speech, interrupt it, and wave Ron Paul signs around. In addition, it likely pissed off a number of Republican VOTERS who came to this event to hear Cain speak.

Not a smooth move at all.

LibertyEagle
10-30-2011, 01:22 PM
Frank wants everyone to go sit on their hands in a corner and shut up.
Don't protest , don't yell, just go along with the game and and quietly wring your hands while the NWO continues it's progress.

I don't EXPECT Herman Cain to support Ron Paul.
Cain Is a NWO lapdog. I don't expect many in the GOP to support Ron Paul.
I expect them to support Trotsky just as they have been.

Ok, Pcosmar, do you think it's fair to ask those of like mind not to go out of their way to drive away Republican voters, as long as Paul is in this contest?

Miss Annie
10-30-2011, 01:25 PM
I wonder if it's not because Ron Paul is getting ALOT of young supporters. One thing I see among the youth these days is that many of them do not have a great understanding of manners, couth, and etiquette.

LibertyEagle
10-30-2011, 01:26 PM

Whether that particular story is true or not, it is not the first time Paul supporters have gone to speeches by another candidate and heckled them. It happened quite frequently in '07/'08.

So, yeah, some supporters really are that childish and rude. Most aren't of course, but unfortunately, there are enough out there that it has caused more than a few to turn their backs to Paul because of it. I've heard all about it from quite a few VOTERS that I have talked to.

pcosmar
10-30-2011, 01:27 PM
Ok, Pcosmar, do you think it's fair to ask those of like mind not to go out of their way to drive away Republican voters, as long as Paul is in this contest?

I think it is fair to expose those that are not true to "Republican Principles" and run them OUT OF THE PARTY, if necessary.
Expose them for what they are.
If it is truly the Trotsky wing of the socialist party then Ron Paul needs a new home.

LibertyEagle
10-30-2011, 01:32 PM
Just wondering why you are worried about elections here; when you support world government in the form of the U.N.

Since FrankRep is most assuredly anti-UN and anti-world government, are you trying to give him an example of what happens when someone keeps repeating a lie?

LibertyEagle
10-30-2011, 01:35 PM

Ok. Great. Could you tell me why Ron Paul supporters attended a Herman Cain speech with Ron Paul signs and then proceeded to wave them while Cain was speaking?

They provided the perfect stage for a photo-op and that is exactly what happened.

LibertyEagle
10-30-2011, 01:36 PM
I think it is fair to expose those that are not true to "Republican Principles" and run them OUT OF THE PARTY, if necessary.
If it is truly the Trotsky wing of the socialist party then Ron Paul needs a new home.

I agree with you about the neoconservatives. However, rude Paul supporters drive away far more than just the neoconservatives.

Miss Annie
10-30-2011, 01:37 PM
Maybe it was NOT Ron Paul supporters? But some trying to give him a bad name.

pcosmar
10-30-2011, 01:39 PM
Ok. Great. Could you tell me why Ron Paul supporters attended a Herman Cain speech with Ron Paul signs and then proceeded to wave them while Cain was speaking?

They provided the perfect stage for a photo-op and that is exactly what happened.

Because they are Americans, They have freedom of speech , and the MSM and TPTB are not going to expose Cain for the fraud that he is.

FrankRep
10-30-2011, 01:40 PM

I agree with you about the neoconservatives. However, rude Paul supporters drive away far more than just the neoconservatives.

The Trotsky (Neocon) wing of the Republican party loves when Ron Paul supporters look rude and make fools of themselves. And yes, they will exploit the situation to benefit themselves. Welcome to hardball politics.

Rothbardian Girl
10-30-2011, 01:57 PM

It mainly happened after Cain would finish with a portion of his speech. There were a few people waving signs while he was speaking; one person in particular held up his "Herman Cain = Fed Insider" sign while Cain was talking, he was kindly asked to not hold the sign while Cain was in the middle of his speech, and there were no more problems. A few people in the front were holding their signs at probably chest level while Cain was speaking, but the holding-the-signs-over-their-heads part only came as Cain was finished speaking, in those large pauses. If you notice in that photo that was posted earlier, Cain is not speaking as those signs are up in the background.

Besides, I saw quite a few Herman Cain supporters getting up and leaving in the middle of the speech from the person who came to support Ron Paul, and as the Ron Paul campaign videos were being played. So there was rudeness from both sides. I am not saying either side was perfectly well-behaved, but it is a FAR cry from the heckling that we are being accused of here.

pcosmar
10-30-2011, 02:01 PM
A lot of angst over nothing. I just was checking news stories. Fox did a hit piece on it (big surprise) and a few blogs,, but really nothing.

Some online news about Ron's latest win of a straw poll.
lots of stories about Cain and his drivel. Even some praising his creepy Ad.

LibertyEagle
10-30-2011, 02:13 PM
Because they are Americans, They have freedom of speech , and the MSM and TPTB are not going to expose Cain for the fraud that he is.

Sure, yeah, let's talk about this hypothetical.

When Paul supporters chased Hannity and threw snowballs at him, do you believe it was successful in exposing Hannity? When it was shown over and over on TV, do you think viewers wondered why Paul's supporters were doing that, or do you think it more likely that they thought those supporters were a bunch of ill-mannered hooligans? Do you believe this helped or hindered Ron Paul in the eyes of likely Republican VOTERS?

When Paul supporters attend another candidate's speech and interrupt the speaker and wave Paul signs, do you think it exposes the speaker? More likely, the taste left in the mouths of those attending is negative towards Paul. I doubt they even remember the question asked.

Here's what I don't understand. If supporters want to go to another candidate's speech for the purpose of "exposing" him, why on earth do they have to drag Ron Paul into it? Surely, they don't believe their behavior is going to attract people to Paul. If they do, they are delusional.

However, I am not under the delusion that anything I say is going to have one little effect on anyone who wants to do this.

So much for the idea that the first rule of the grassroots must be to do no harm to Ron Paul's campaign, eh?

wgadget
10-30-2011, 02:30 PM
It was a STRAW POLL...Which explains the Ron Paul signs. It wasn't just a random "Let's heckle Herman Cain" event.

WEIRD that the story doesn't even mention that.

pcosmar
10-30-2011, 02:46 PM
It was a STRAW POLL...Which explains the Ron Paul signs. It wasn't just a random "Let's heckle Herman Cain" event.

WEIRD that the story doesn't even mention that.

It is a hit piece. Nothing more, an does not deserve the attention it's getting here.
It does not matter what Paul supporters do or don't do..
there will be hit pieces written until all Paul supporters go away and SHUT UP.

wgadget
10-30-2011, 02:59 PM
It is a hit piece. Nothing more, an does not deserve the attention it's getting here.
It does not matter what Paul supporters do or don't do..
there will be hit pieces written until all Paul supporters go away and SHUT UP.

Yes, you're exactly right.

Our goal should be to expose the damn Federal Reserve for what it is. Ironic that the "frontrunner" just "happened" to be an African-American of Federal Reserve descent, huh?

Tonewah
10-31-2011, 07:49 AM
With all due respect, I was there and no one 'heckled' him until he singled out and attacked one of the MANY people who were participating in his call and response style speech simply because he didn't agree with what she said. I know the woman personally... she's my very quiet and reserved girlfriend. When he said, "The reason this economy is on life support..." she said, "federal reserve", which really mad him mad. He didn't call out anyone else for saying 'get Obama out' or any of the other call and response answers from the crowd. The crowd turned on him for a few seconds after he smarted off. HE was the one being disrespectful... ironically after he just commented on how he enjoyed hearing the many different views of the people he spoke to across the country. Honestly, after his behavior, I wanted to boo him out of the room.