PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a hosting service with ssh shell access and allows java

Elwar
10-30-2011, 08:20 AM
My current hosting service MochaHost is coming up for renewal and before I renew I figured I would check around for a better hosting service.

Ideally I would like a hosting service where I could just log into a linux machine with ssh and set everything up that way. I would also like to set up web pages that can use a java backend such as JBOSS or something along those lines.

Every system I uses is in php and I am a Java developer so my website customization is limited.

And of course, cost is an issue. I am currently paying $80 for my hosting service.

Any suggestions?

2ndfor1st
10-31-2011, 02:57 PM
My current hosting service MochaHost is coming up for renewal and before I renew I figured I would check around for a better hosting service.

Ideally I would like a hosting service where I could just log into a linux machine with ssh and set everything up that way. I would also like to set up web pages that can use a java backend such as JBOSS or something along those lines.

Every system I uses is in php and I am a Java developer so my website customization is limited.

And of course, cost is an issue. I am currently paying $80 for my hosting service.

Any suggestions?

Check out Beyond Hosting
http://beyondhosting.net/

I friend of mine recommended them but I haven't tried them.