PDA

View Full Version : [Video] Michael Scheuer: "Better to assassinate Alawki, than catch and interrogate him"

Aden
10-29-2011, 09:07 PM
Epic Fail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJYwReDmgZI

fj45lvr
10-29-2011, 10:24 PM
isn't this the same guy that supports torture?? He gets some stuff right but he's just a tool when it comes down to it.

Andrew Ryan
10-29-2011, 11:49 PM
Come on Michael, what are you playin at?

PreDeadMan
10-30-2011, 10:55 AM
what an asshole people need to stop nit picking with people if they are for something immoral then oh well they are an epic fail lol

Feeding the Abscess
10-30-2011, 11:21 AM
This is why I wouldn't want him as director of the CIA, Secretary of State, or as Secretary of Defense.

bluesc
10-30-2011, 11:24 AM
Do we have Rand's position on this? How about Amash? No one has the balls to stand up. I do believe that Scheuer believes what he is saying though.

I hope The Judge runs in 2016.

ctiger2
10-30-2011, 11:32 AM
Someone must have pointed a gun in Mike's direction.

bluesc
10-30-2011, 11:36 AM
Someone must have pointed a gun in Mike's direction.

He would disarm him and break his neck within a second. He was a secret agent spy assassin :cool:.

Diurdi
10-30-2011, 11:36 AM
This guy just tells it how he feels about it from a pure national security perspective. If you watch some of what he says, he's not any sort of human rights guy.

He had no problem telling the audience that their snatch operations in various European countries was one of the more successful schemes against terrorists. (The one where they would kidnap a terror-suspect in the middle of the night from an European nation and just ship him to a gitmo or similar places without a trial). And he's probably correct in saying that, but due to the nature of the scheme I couldn't support it.

jmdrake
10-30-2011, 11:41 AM
You have to understand the benefit/risk of a Michael Scheuer. The benefit is that he has "Jack Bauer" cred with the neocons, so when he says we should look at our foreign policy they can't come out and say "He's being an bleeding heart liberal". The risk is that some of his comments which are based solely on pragmatism undercut Ron's which are based on principle. Use M.S. where principle and pragmatism intersect. Oh yeah, and Scheuer thinks we Israel's security should mean nothing to us. He's right on that. He's not politically correct, but he's right.

bluesc
10-30-2011, 11:42 AM
This guy just tells it how he feels about it from a pure national security perspective. If you watch some of what he says, he's not any sort of human rights guy.

This is correct.

jmdrake
10-30-2011, 11:53 AM
Hold the presses! The OP is focusing on the wrong part of the video! At 1:00 in Michael Scheuer says the FBI was running Al Alawki as an agent and they "facilitated his removal from the country! That is the real story here! Scheuer has all but come out and said 9/11 was an inside job! Yeah, yeah M.S. saves his "Jack Bauer cred" at the end by saying "kill Al Alawki because was a traitor", but if you read between the lines the real reason to kill Al Alawki was because he was a potential embarrassment to the U.S. government. Imagine if he was captured alive and then started talking about who his FBI handlers were and how he was just "following orders" like this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXBmmf9F4rw

specsaregood
10-30-2011, 11:57 AM
Hold the presses! The OP is focusing on the wrong part of the video! At 1:00 in Michael Scheuer says the FBI was running Al Alawki as an agent and they "facilitated his removal from the country! That is the real story here!

That is exactly what I was thinking and is the title of the youtube.

wannaberocker
10-30-2011, 12:01 PM
Well most of what he said i agree with. I also agree that a Dead Al Alawki is better for the world. But what i disagree with is how he was killed because he wasnt an immediate threat.

jmdrake
10-30-2011, 12:06 PM
Well most of what he said i agree with. I also agree that a Dead Al Alawki is better for the world. But what i disagree with is how he was killed because he wasnt an immediate threat.

I'm concerned about the FBI agents that were running him as a double agent and helped him escape the country and continued to cover up what was happening. They are still out there and are still a threat to this nation. It's time for us to wake up. Even if we go with the "It's just incompetence" nonsense, sometime incompetence rises to the level of criminal negligence. Why is there no accountability in our government? Why can the FBI be caught repeatedly facilitating terrorism, whether through incompetence or malice, and nothing is done about it?

QuickZ06
10-30-2011, 12:30 PM
This video scares the hell out of me in so many ways. Cells here they say, well I guess its time we lose all our rights since people just love to give them up to find out who the terrorist are. And I could go on but I would just be preaching to the choir here. People just need to wake up in America and see all this BS is just BS.

ZanZibar
10-30-2011, 12:39 PM
Did Mike just advocate the US President being able to assassinate a US citizen and no trial?

jmdrake
10-30-2011, 06:55 PM
Did Mike just advocate the US President being able to assassinate a US citizen and no trial?

That's the message put out to keep Mike's "Jack Bauer cred". The message for those listening between the lines is that the FBI was running Al Alawki and thus is in part responsible for everything he did.

pcosmar
10-30-2011, 07:01 PM
That's the message put out to keep Mike's "Jack Bauer cred". The message for those listening between the lines is that the FBI was running Al Alawki and thus is in part responsible for everything he did.

Dead guys don't testify against their bosses.