PDA

View Full Version : Brutal: Cain couldn't GIVE away Iowa straw poll tickets

undergroundrr
10-29-2011, 04:37 PM
hxxp://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/10/29/8539644-paul-wins-yet-another-straw-poll

----
Cain, whose Iowa campaign also bought tickets for supporters but distributed fewer than the Paul campaign, placed second in the straw poll. Cain received 14% of the Iowan-only vote. NBC’s Anthony Terrell reports the Cain campaign bought 250 tickets and were selling them at the cost of $20, according to an email obtained by NBC News.

But Cain's campaign appeared unable to distribute all of the tickets. During the straw poll, an aide held an envelope with a large amount of free tickets.
----

Sola_Fide
10-29-2011, 04:40 PM
Hehe. Nice.

bluesc
10-29-2011, 04:41 PM
Hahahahaha. His campaign is one big joke.

specsaregood
10-29-2011, 04:43 PM

Joke or not, he is #1 or #2 in the polls, and that is no laughing matter.

Chainspell
10-29-2011, 04:44 PM
your face is one big joke!

hehe just kidding <3

yeah hopefully it reflects how voters feel about cain

bluesc
10-29-2011, 04:44 PM

Is for me. No way he lasts, no way he can compete in Iowa, not like he's trying anyway :rolleyes:

pauliticalfan
10-29-2011, 04:47 PM

This.

Tina
10-29-2011, 04:49 PM
This is why I'm so distrustful over the polling numbers he's been getting. It just smells.

Bern
10-29-2011, 04:55 PM
Those polling numbers won't hold once real voting starts.

r3volution
10-29-2011, 04:58 PM
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg810/scaled.php?server=810&filename=victimcainsm.jpg&res=medium

eleganz
10-29-2011, 05:11 PM
Good, keep wasting that money Cain! we can now call him the DRAIN TRAIN!

They should pass out those tickets and say they're vouchers for Cain's new book :D

Someone Else
10-29-2011, 05:29 PM
See the Cain Forum is really humming. Not.

America would miss seeing Herman Cain one more time like it would miss a sore ass.

Maximus
10-29-2011, 06:29 PM
I think we are seeing the Cain train derailing. Seems like people aren't really excited about him anymore like they were 3 weeks ago.

3 weeks ago he would have sold out those tickets.

Xenophage
10-29-2011, 06:37 PM
Flash in the pan. We're here for the long haul.

And by that I mean America will feel the rippling influence of Ron Paul's presidential campaigns for decades.

Tod
10-29-2011, 07:28 PM
I've been spreading the word. A nearby town just got word that their post office, an area hub, will be shutting down its processing facility and about 100 good-paying jobs will be lost. Another former major employer will also be closing up the remaining skeleton crew and closing for good, with another 32 jobs lost.

These stories get a lot of readership locally, so I've been adding comments supporting Ron Paul....

There is only ONE candidate running for President who understands the economy, and that is Ron Paul. Housing Bubble? Ron Paul saw it from years away but none of the other candidates saw it until it smacked them between the eyes.

A very interesting interview with the Nashua, NH Telegraph: http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/primary/nh2012/ron-paul

Iowans are seeing the light in a BIG WAY! Ron Paul won a whopping 82% of the vote in the latest straw poll there: http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/10/29/ron-paul-wins-both-tallies-at-gop-pres-straw-poll-in-iowa/

DO NOT FEAR the CUTS to the federal budget. The DOCTOR knows what he's doing! If we elect the doctor, our PROGNOSIS is VERY GOOD!

Ron Paul 2012......C'mon, Mansfield, stand up and be included in the movement to SAVE OUR NATION.

Yeah, baby!!!!!!

JohnGalt1225
10-29-2011, 07:28 PM
To be expected. An intellectual light weight in way over his head is now fading. Totally anticipated.

Crickett
10-29-2011, 07:56 PM
I think we are seeing the Cain train derailing. Seems like people aren't really excited about him anymore like they were 3 weeks ago.

3 weeks ago he would have sold out those tickets.
I don't know. Someone said they were watching FOX in the background and every 25 mins they mentioned Cain, things he won and showed pictures of his bus at least 6 different times. They are giving him free national ads all the time.

SpicyTurkey
10-29-2011, 08:13 PM
Those polling numbers won't hold once real voting starts.

Have you ever heard of Fraud? He screwed Ron Paul in '08, and he can do it again. That bastard.

pen_thief
10-29-2011, 08:22 PM
See the Cain Forum is really humming. Not.

America would miss seeing Herman Cain one more time like it would miss a sore ass.

http://paulitifact.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/ron-paul-2008-thumbs-up2.jpg

helmuth_hubener
10-29-2011, 08:38 PM
See the Cain Forum is really humming. Not.And whose fault is that? Hmm? Come on, if any of you guys has some free time, please come join in! The joke really only works with a bunch of people involved. hermancainforums.com

FSP-Rebel
10-29-2011, 09:19 PM
To be expected. An intellectual light weight in way over his head is now fading. Totally anticipated.
O.o for reals? He won't get breakfast til tommars.

jmdrake
10-30-2011, 05:54 AM

Yeah. But out of all of those supporters he supposedly has in Iowa he couldn't win a straw poll there and couldn't give away all his tickets? Really? I remember Howard Dean was leading the democratic primary....until he wasn't. We still have to work our butts off, but come January we'll see how much support Herman Cain really has.

Cap
10-30-2011, 09:28 AM
And whose fault is that? Hmm? Come on, if any of you guys has some free time, please come join in! The joke really only works with a bunch of people involved. hermancainforums.com
I just signed up.

ZanZibar
10-30-2011, 09:51 AM
Joke or not, he is #1 or #2 in the polls, and that is no laughing matter.Yes of course, but he'll go down. And even if he doesn't it won't matter because he has zero ground game in any state. He has no GOTV effort more than likely. Has anyone seen any direct mail from the guy, or ads on TV? What about robocalls? I don't think so.

JohnGalt23g
10-30-2011, 09:53 AM

His campaign is running first or second, and banked $5 million this month.

We should be such a joke.

However, this is an overwhelming sign of a glaring lack of campaign organization in a critical state. This bodes well for us in Iowa.

bluesc
10-30-2011, 09:55 AM
His campaign is running first or second, and banked $5 million this month.

We should be such a joke.

However, this is an overwhelming sign of a glaring lack of campaign organization in a critical state. This bodes well for us in Iowa.

He is a joke. He will not win a single state.

Guiliani had money and great polling numbers.

JohnGalt23g
10-30-2011, 09:58 AM
He is a joke. He will not win a single state.

Guiliani had money and great polling numbers.

From your lips to God's ears...

As for me and mine, we will play like it is halftime, and the score is 0-0.

Lafayette
10-30-2011, 09:59 AM
I've been spreading the word. A nearby town just got word that their post office, an area hub, will be shutting down its processing facility and about 100 good-paying jobs will be lost. Another former major employer will also be closing up the remaining skeleton crew and closing for good, with another 32 jobs lost.

These stories get a lot of readership locally, so I've been adding comments supporting Ron Paul....

Not that i think the bureaucrats at the postal service can run it to be profitable, they have proven that. Its sad though, one of the only constitutional things the federal government does and they are closing them down to fund all the other unconstitutional crap.

bluesc
10-30-2011, 10:00 AM
From your lips to God's ears...

As for me and mine, we will play like it is halftime, and the score is 0-0.

I never said it will be easy, but I've always said Romney is the target. Not Bachmann, not Perry, not Cain.

JohnGalt23g
10-30-2011, 10:10 AM
I never said it will be easy, but I've always said Romney is the target. Not Bachmann, not Perry, not Cain.

You're mistaken.

Romney isn't the target... not yet at least. We'll never be able to take Romney on in a multi-candidate field. He has the money, he has the establishment backing, he has the organization. He has everything, save the right-wing grassroots.

In order to win in the GOP field, Ron Paul has to position himself as the anti-Romney, the candidate that the Right looks to and says, "Yes, this man is conservatve enough and electable enough that we will stand behind him rather than turn our party over to the GOP Dukakis." The only way you do that is beat back, or have someone else beat back, the other grassroots/conservative candidates. We've done it to Bachmann. We're in the process of doing it to Perry. We need to do it to Cain. And then, when Iowa/NH/NV come, Ron Paul is the only man with the money, organization, and ideas poised to attack Romney from the right.

bluesc
10-30-2011, 10:13 AM
You're mistaken.

Romney isn't the target... not yet at least. We'll never be able to take Romney on in a multi-candidate field. He has the money, he has the establishment backing, he has the organization. He has everything, save the right-wing grassroots.

In order to win in the GOP field, Ron Paul has to position himself as the anti-Romney, the candidate that the Right looks to and says, "Yes, this man is conservatve enough and electable enough that we will stand behind him rather than turn our party over to the GOP Dukakis." The only way you do that is beat back, or have someone else beat back, the other grassroots/conservative candidates. We've done it to Bachmann. We're in the process of doing it to Perry. We need to do it to Cain. And then, when Iowa/NH/NV come, Ron Paul is the only man with the money, organization, and ideas poised to attack Romney from the right.

I'm not mistaken. I know we need to be the anti-Romney. We do that by winning Iowa. We didn't eliminate Bachmann, she will be in it for Iowa and I'm guessing Cain will. He won't win it though. He has no organization. He is not visiting.

We win Iowa and place strongly in other early states and we become the anti-Romney by default. No need to waste time on Cain. If he drops out, he endorses Romney.

JohnGalt23g
10-30-2011, 10:18 AM
I'm not mistaken. I know we need to be the anti-Romney. We do that by winning Iowa. We didn't eliminate Bachmann, she will be in it for Iowa and I'm guessing Cain will. He won't win it though. He has no organization. He is not visiting.

We win Iowa and place strongly in other early states and we become the anti-Romney by default. No need to waste time on Cain. If he drops out, he endorses Romney.

I'm not certain Bachmann will be in it until Iowa. The departure of her NH staff notwithstanding, she still has a mighty big monthly nut to meet, and I suspect her monthly fundraising is running mighty low now. If she can't afford the air fare, at some point her campaign collapses.

JohnGalt23g
10-30-2011, 10:19 AM

Except we aren't the anti-Romney right now... Herman Cain is. Come walk with me through the right-wing blogosphere if you have any doubt about that.

bluesc
10-30-2011, 10:23 AM
I'm not certain Bachmann will be in it until Iowa. The departure of her NH staff notwithstanding, she still has a mighty big monthly nut to meet, and I suspect her monthly fundraising is running mighty low now. If she can't afford the air fare, at some point her campaign collapses.

She just hired some key Huckabee staffers from Iowa from '07, including his chief of staff. Her entire campaign relies on Iowa.

Except we aren't the anti-Romney right now... Herman Cain is. Come walk with me through the right-wing blogosphere if you have any doubt about that.

So? Perry was the anti-Romney a month ago. Just as he joined the race and was in Cain's position, I was saying the same thing I am now saying about Cain, and people weren't so sure about that either. You didn't read my post. I said when we win Iowa (which Cain can't) and win other early states (when Cain drops out after losing Iowa), we will become the anti-Romney.

CaptainAmerica
10-30-2011, 10:27 AM
it should be a laughing matter but Cain has been riding the MSM coat tails

ChrisDixon
10-30-2011, 10:28 AM
Should've given away free slices of pizza with the tickets.

JohnGalt23g
10-30-2011, 10:29 AM
She just hired some key Huckabee staffers from Iowa from '07, including his chief of staff. Her entire campaign relies on Iowa.

No.

Her campaign, like all other serious presidential campaigns, relies on money.

Which she is running out of very quickly.

bluesc
10-30-2011, 10:31 AM
No.

Her campaign, like all other serious presidential campaigns, relies on money.

Which she is running out of very quickly.

See Huckabee '07. See McCain '07.

Then see Giuliani and Fred Thompson '07.

Why would his chief of staff join Bachmann if she was so close to dropping out?

JohnGalt23g
10-30-2011, 10:33 AM
So? Perry was the anti-Romney a month ago. Just as he joined the race and was in Cain's position, I was saying the same thing I am now saying about Cain, and people weren't so sure about that either. You didn't read my post. I said when we win Iowa (which Cain can't) and win other early states (when Cain drops out after losing Iowa), we will become the anti-Romney.

Cain doesn't drop out after Iowa. Cain is counting on the South, most notably SC, where we are unlikely to be able to compete with him if he decides to seriously wage a contest there. And if he continues riding high in the polls, he will continue to raise money. Which, as noted above, is the number one factor in a presidential campaign, and would in fact, allow HC to run competitively in SC.

He needs to go, and we need to get rid of him quickly.

JohnGalt23g
10-30-2011, 10:36 AM
See Huckabee '07. See McCain '07.

Then see Giuliani and Fred Thompson '07.

Why would his chief of staff join Bachmann if she was so close to dropping out?

Yeah. And Huckabee lost, after McCain spent far more money than him overall.

Let's not forget that John McCain, despite Autumnal money woes, raised far more than most campaigns, both before the autumn, and afterwards.

And if you are going to compare Rudy Giuliani, a pro-choice, pro-gun contol, Northeast liberal to Herman Cain, a conservative Southerner... then you really ought to prepare yourself for some serious disappointment.

bluesc
10-30-2011, 10:38 AM
Cain doesn't drop out after Iowa. Cain is counting on the South, most notably SC, where we are unlikely to be able to compete with him if he decides to seriously wage a contest there. And if he continues riding high in the polls, he will continue to raise money. Which, as noted above, is the number one factor in a presidential campaign, and would in fact, allow HC to run competitively in SC.

He needs to go, and we need to get rid of him quickly.

He is not visiting the early states, not even S.C or Florida. He is not building organization there. He is not serious. Stop fear mongering over a non-serious candidate.

Giuliani had all the money in '07. Ron had all the money in Q4 '07. It's not all about money. Cain is only serious if he wins both IA and S.C., which he wont.

bluesc
10-30-2011, 10:39 AM

Let's not forget that John McCain, despite Autumnal money woes, raised far more than most campaigns, both before the autumn, and afterwards.

And if you are going to compare Rudy Giuliani, a pro-choice, pro-gun contol, Northeast liberal to Herman Cain, a conservative Southerner... then you really ought to prepare yourself for some serious disappointment.

Cain the conservative?

You mean pro-choice, pro-gun control Cain?

Look into his positions dude.

And no, I wasn't comparing Cain to Giuliani. I was pointing out the biggest fundraisers aren't the ones who won.

JohnGalt23g
10-30-2011, 10:42 AM
He is not visiting the early states, not even S.C or Florida. He is not building organization there. He is not serious. Stop fear mongering over a non-serious candidate.

Really? I seem to remember him winning a FLA straw poll. He must have something going on there.

And organization helps in a closed-party primary like SC, but it is nowhere near as important as it is in NH or IA. So please, take off the rose-colored glasses, and stop encoutraging others to ignore what is an obvious threat to this campaign.

JohnGalt23g
10-30-2011, 10:45 AM
Cain the conservative?

You mean pro-choice, pro-gun control Cain?

Look into his positions dude.

And no, I wasn't comparing Cain to Giuliani. I was pointing out the biggest fundraisers aren't the ones who won.

First of all, yes you were. Cain is raising money, big-time now.

Secondly, look at the polls. Do you really think he is running where he is because the electorate thinks he is pro-choice and pro-gun control? Is it your professional advice that the campaign strategy should be to tell the GOP electorate to "Look into it"? While simultaneously counting on him to crash and burn on his own? Is that the plan?

Because if it is, start working on Plan B, like yesterday...

bluesc
10-30-2011, 10:46 AM
Really? I seem to remember him winning a FLA straw poll. He must have something going on there.

And organization helps in a closed-party primary like SC, but it is nowhere near as important as it is in NH or IA. So please, take off the rose-colored glasses, and stop encoutraging others to ignore what is an obvious threat to this campaign.

Funny, people were telling me the same thing about Perry. He was going to dominate and win the nomination. Organization is huge in Iowa.

Voting was closed early are the FL Straw Poll, and apparently Romney's people voted for Cain. Don't be so sure Cain winning a Straw Poll means he is going to win the nomination. If that was the case, Ron would be emperor of the world by now.

The Magic Hoof
10-30-2011, 10:50 AM
This might be a touchy post/subject. I promise that I'm not posting this to stir up trouble. It has to do with a race/ethnicity issue, and I'm genuinely curious as to this hypothetical...

Herman Cain and Barack Obama are black. In some states, the white guy automatically wins. That's how McCain won at least one state last time around. The hypothetical is that Cain gets the GOP nomination, so it's Cain Vs. Obama, but Ron Paul runs 3rd party.

I'm going to imagine that Paul could actually win some states as a 3rd party if that were to happen. Thoughts?

bluesc
10-30-2011, 10:50 AM
First of all, yes you were. Cain is raising money, big-time now.

Secondly, look at the polls. Do you really think he is running where he is because the electorate thinks he is pro-choice and pro-gun control? Is it your professional advice that the campaign strategy should be to tell the GOP electorate to "Look into it"? While simultaneously counting on him to crash and burn on his own? Is that the plan?

Because if it is, start working on Plan B, like yesterday...

No I wasn't. I was comparing Bachmann to Huckabee and comparing Huckabee to Giuliani and McCain.

Cain is still raising less than Ron. He has raised less than middle tier Perry who has crashed, and is now below Ron in almost all polls. You were the one saying he can win because he is raising loads of money.

The message is out in Iowa that he is pro-choice and pro-gun control. Everyone else is hearing about it. He will not win.

milo10
10-30-2011, 10:51 AM
You two seem to be debating for the sake of debating. I don't see any point to it.

JohnGalt23g
10-30-2011, 10:53 AM
Funny, people were telling me the same thing about Perry. He was going to dominate and win the nomination. Organization is huge in Iowa.

Voting was closed early are the FL Straw Poll, and apparently Romney's people voted for Cain. Don't be so sure Cain winning a Straw Poll means he is going to win the nomination. If that was the case, Ron would be emperor of the world by now.

I have absolutely no surety that Herman Cain will get the nomination. In fact, I'm rather sure he won't.

We're not talking about getting the nomination... we're talking about being the anti-Romney. Right now, the conservative grassroots is behind Herman Cain. He is raising serious money. Those are two big criteria for him making the argument that he is the anti-Romney.

And it sounds like your plan is that Herman Cain is going to collapse like Rick Perry, a collapse that in fact Ron Paul had no small part in instigating.

As I say, I hope there's a Plan B in there somewhere...

JohnGalt23g
10-30-2011, 10:54 AM
No I wasn't. I was comparing Bachmann to Huckabee and comparing Huckabee to Giuliani and McCain.

Cain is still raising less than Ron. He has raised less than middle tier Perry who has crashed, and is now below Ron in almost all polls. You were the one saying he can win because he is raising loads of money.

The message is out in Iowa that he is pro-choice and pro-gun control. Everyone else is hearing about it. He will not win.

Really? The evidence indicates otherwise.

SchleckBros
10-30-2011, 10:55 AM

Cain is pro-choice AND pro-gun control. How is he a conservative southerner if he has the same exact views as the "northeast liberal" Rudy Giuliani on these issues. Please explain.

bluesc
10-30-2011, 10:55 AM

What evidence? His word. Haha, yeah, that's worth a lot.

JohnGalt23g
10-30-2011, 10:57 AM
What evidence? His word. Haha, yeah, that's worth a lot.

You have evidence he is lying about his fundraising totals? Press outlets feel comfortable enough reporting his totals. Do you really think that come Jan 15, he would want to risk being called a liar?

bluesc
10-30-2011, 10:58 AM
I have absolutely no surety that Herman Cain will get the nomination. In fact, I'm rather sure he won't.

We're not talking about getting the nomination... we're talking about being the anti-Romney. Right now, the conservative grassroots is behind Herman Cain. He is raising serious money. Those are two big criteria for him making the argument that he is the anti-Romney.

And it sounds like your plan is that Herman Cain is going to collapse like Rick Perry, a collapse that in fact Ron Paul had no small part in instigating.

As I say, I hope there's a Plan B in there somewhere...

It's simple. Win Iowa, place strongly in other early states. If Cain drops out, he endorses Romney and Romney may win Iowa. If Romney wins Iowa, he wins the nomination. If Cain doesn't win Iowa, he will be forgotten by the time it gets to Super Tuesday.

RDM
10-30-2011, 10:58 AM
You people better wake up!!! This crap of comparing last election data with this election data, comparing this poll to that poll, comparing campaign funds with others campaign funds, comparing whose visiting the state and who's not is full of shit.

This election is being controlled by the media, whether you want to accept that or not, so you might as throw out all of your half-ass predictions and projections out the freakin' window. You better start treating this as if Ron Paul has ZERO supporters and we have to begin to reach every voter in the state as if we got to win everyone over. This includes the young, the old, man, woman, republican, democrat and independent. Just stop all this over analyzing and start grassrooting like your life depends on it. If Ron Paul does not win Iowa, its done, its over period!!!! That's the attitude everyone from here on out has got to take.

bluesc
10-30-2011, 10:59 AM
You have evidence he is lying about his fundraising totals? Press outlets feel comfortable enough reporting his totals. Do you really think that come Jan 15, he would want to risk being called a liar?

They feel comfortable reporting what he and his campaign say. They said they had raised a few million. So has Ron. Perry raised $17M in less than 2 months, where is he now?

SchleckBros
10-30-2011, 11:00 AM

Ron Paul raised over 2.5 million in the span of three days. Cain said he raised more than 3 million for the entire month.

ShaneEnochs
10-30-2011, 11:00 AM
it should be a laughing matter but Cain has been riding the MSM coat tails

I really, really don't think they can keep it up forever. He's screwing up too badly and too often. Didn't he just say he's going to cut back on his appearances because he's "tired"? Cancer's gotta be a bitch, and without him making appearances, he's going to look even weaker.

hillertexas
10-30-2011, 11:01 AM

There will be no evidence until January 15th. Convenient, isn't it?

JohnGalt23g
10-30-2011, 11:02 AM
It's simple. Win Iowa, place strongly in other early states. If Cain drops out, he endorses Romney and Romney may win Iowa. If Romney wins Iowa, he wins the nomination. If Cain doesn't win Iowa, he will be forgotten by the time it gets to Super Tuesday.

How do you know Cain endorses Romney? He might endorse Perry or Gingrich.

And Cain doesn't need to win Iowa. We need to win Iowa. He can lose in Iowa big-time, and still win SC.

JohnGalt23g
10-30-2011, 11:03 AM
There will be no evidence until January 15th. Convenient, isn't it?

His spending has increased dramatically. He is hiring staff. He is airing radio. That is evidence.

bluesc
10-30-2011, 11:03 AM
How do you know Cain endorses Romney? He might endorse Perry or Gingrich.

And Cain doesn't need to win Iowa. We need to win Iowa. He can lose in Iowa big-time, and still win SC.

He is running as Romney's VP. He has been bashing Perry non-stop.

I agree that we need to watch Gingrich.

Cain will not win a single state.

bluesc
10-30-2011, 11:05 AM
His spending has increased dramatically. He is hiring staff. He is airing radio. That is evidence.

Evidence that it has increased dramatically?

Bachmann is hiring staff in Iowa, yet you are so quick to dismiss her. How can her spending be increasing so dramatically if she has no money?

JohnGalt23g
10-30-2011, 11:06 AM
Ron Paul raised over 2.5 million in the span of three days. Cain said he raised more than 3 million for the entire month.

That story was updated. http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/dpps/news/herman-cain-raises-$3-million-in-october-dpgonc-20111028-fc_15691076

Cain is now claiming over $5 million for October.

hillertexas
10-30-2011, 11:07 AM

When one declares something to be so, the burden of proof falls on them. Come Jan 15, nobody will be looking. Kinda like how Mitt said he had a $10 million dollar day, got all that juicy press....and then nobody cared that he lied when the reports came out. Seems to be a modus operandi that works.

sailingaway
10-30-2011, 11:07 AM

I was wondering about that. Is there a way to see if he in fact took in "several hundred thousand a day from the Florida straw poll on" at the end of the last quarter? Because that is what he said he did, and if true, it means he was majorly in debt at some point, given the amount of cash on hand he didn't have at the end. But if we can look it up, it may have also NOT been true, in which case, it would be a reason to disbelieve this as well.

I honestly peg Cain as an opportunist. His policy is all over and created on the fly, and while he now is getting briefings, the lack of any fixed principles is pretty obvious when you look at how he floundered all over the place earlier. I think he is selling a book and going for a sort of 'celebrity' spot and figures by the time it is all over and totals are where they can be researched, people won't bother because by then he'll have dropped out, gracefully endorsing Romney, as he endorsed him last time.

JohnGalt23g
10-30-2011, 11:09 AM
Evidence that it has increased dramatically?

Bachmann is hiring staff in Iowa, yet you are so quick to dismiss her. How can her spending be increasing so dramatically if she has no money?

Bachmann has staff in Iowa. She is cutting people loose elsewhere, and will likely be moving them to Iowa, if she doesn't drop.

Cain's campaign, OTOH, is expanding. He is really bumping up his game in Nevada, and I hear tell he is doing the same in SC.

bluesc
10-30-2011, 11:11 AM
Bachmann has staff in Iowa. She is cutting people loose elsewhere, and will likely be moving them to Iowa, if she doesn't drop.

Cain's campaign, OTOH, is expanding. He is really bumping up his game in Nevada, and I hear tell he is doing the same in SC.

Hear from where? If it's from his campaign, dismiss it.

His campaign also said he had no debt, was raising more than he did, and many other things.

JohnGalt23g
10-30-2011, 11:18 AM
Hear from where? If it's from his campaign, dismiss it.

His campaign also said he had no debt, was raising more than he did, and many other things.

In Nevada, I've seen it, up close and personal. In SC, I've heard it from locals. I haven't seen it with my own eyes, but I believe these people, especially given what I've already seen in Vegas.

bluesc
10-30-2011, 11:21 AM
In Nevada, I've seen it, up close and personal. In SC, I've heard it from locals. I haven't seen it with my own eyes, but I believe these people, especially given what I've already seen in Vegas.

He can't win Nevada.

He can't win S.C if he is no longer in the race.

sailingaway
10-30-2011, 11:30 AM

I believe you in Vegas, he always had a node there, and has been cultivating it since the campaign began, like his GA/FL/AL strategy.

I think he wants to make a big splash and get a talk show on Fox. But he doesn't CARE what his policy is. He is a vehicle for any old message, not a walking message as Ron is.

JohnGalt23g
10-30-2011, 11:30 AM
He can't win Nevada.

He can't win S.C if he is no longer in the race.

Keep chanting that mantra... I can only hope it works.

JohnGalt23g
10-30-2011, 11:32 AM
I believe you in Vegas, he always had a node there, and has been cultivating it since the campaign began, like his GA/FL/AL strategy.

I think he wants to make a big splash and get a talk show on Fox. But he doesn't CARE what his policy is.

And that is all well and good. But while he is doing so, he is in the way of Dr. Paul positioning himself as the anti-Romney. And taht is bad for us.

sailingaway
10-30-2011, 11:32 AM
And that is all well and good. But while he is doing so, he is in the way of Dr. Paul positioning himself as the anti-Romney. And taht is bad for us.

I agree. However, I think he is cherry picking what he hopes are natural fits not fighting for states you particularly need to win.

bluesc
10-30-2011, 11:34 AM

The only way that strategy hurts us is if it prevents us winning Iowa, which hopefully it wont.

He is in the race for Romney.