PDA

View Full Version : To the "Maine"land! (Primary/Caucus Strategy)

jeremiahj13
10-29-2011, 02:43 PM
This is my .02,

We should focus more on Maine. Paul got 18.3% in the Maine caucus, coming in 3rd, which wasn't too bad for the 2008 run.
Maine is the 6th caucus, just after Nevada. Paul also did very well in NV in 2008. So if Paul can win the NV caucus, and the Maine caucus (which comes just after the NV Caucus), this would be a 2 state momentum victory, and I think it could do wonders for Ron Paul.

Here is the schedule for primaries and caucuses:

http://www.2012presidentialelectionnews.com/2012-republican-primary-schedule/

I think doing well is essential in Iowa and New Hampshire, however, call me Eeyore, I don't think Paul will do well in SC, or FL. However, just after the FL/SC primaries, Nevada and Maine come, which Paul has done well in both states :)

The Dark Knight
10-29-2011, 02:49 PM
Dont forget about Colorado and Minnesota. They are Two Important Caucus States right after Nevada. If we do well in Nevada, Colorado, Minnesota and Maine we might start to get some momentum going into Super Tuesday.

bluesc
10-29-2011, 02:57 PM
Dont forget about Colorado and Minnesota. They are Two Important Caucus States right after Nevada. If we do well in Nevada, Colorado, Minnesota and Maine we might start to get some momentum going into Super Tuesday.

And Washington state :)

gerryb
10-29-2011, 02:59 PM
Ok, whose going to be the first to Dean Scream?

samsung1
10-29-2011, 03:06 PM
Montana, Montana, Montana!

10-29-2011, 03:12 PM
The problem with focusing on Maine is that the population is small so not many delegates. That said a win is a win and it builds momentum. I think Ron will do very well in Maine, I visit there often and people in general there are very independent, self reliant and liberty minded.

gerryb
10-29-2011, 03:21 PM
We def. need a win in Maine, to help blunt a potential loss in SC and FL if the Iowa and NH results don't give a boost in those states

realtonygoodwin
10-29-2011, 03:50 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?318415-Let-s-talk-about-Maine&

:)

Napolitanic Wars
10-29-2011, 03:51 PM
I was a state delegate for Maine, and I have a question that demands answering: why did we get 38% of the delegates (something the campaign bragged about on their website) yet we got ZERO national delegates? Who were the idiots in charge who let that happen?

FSP-Rebel
10-29-2011, 04:42 PM
I know it was only one poll but we did take 3rd in SC, so I don't necessarily think we're gonna get mashed on there esp with continual ad displays and good #s coming from IA & NH.

rich34
10-29-2011, 05:49 PM
Big or small, a win is a win.

tsai3904
10-29-2011, 05:59 PM
I was a state delegate for Maine, and I have a question that demands answering: why did we get 38% of the delegates (something the campaign bragged about on their website) yet we got ZERO national delegates? Who were the idiots in charge who let that happen?

In most caucus states, to move on to the next step, a delegate has to gather 50%+1 vote. If no candidate gets that amount, then they drop the candidate with the lowest amount and vote again in successive rounds until it happens or until there are two delegates left. This makes it extremely hard for Ron Paul because as each delegate drops out, most people usually vote for someone else other than Ron Paul.