PDA

View Full Version : Herman Cain Cain spokesman: Cain has learned more about abortion, and is changing his positions now

Agorism
10-29-2011, 12:41 PM
Awesome to be pondering these sorts of basic questions two months before the Iowa caucus.
http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/28/politics/cain-abortion/index.html

Cain Spokesman: Cain Has Now Learned More About The Issue of Abortion and Supports Exceptions for Rape, Incest, or Life of the Mother

The campaign of Herman Cain again worked to clarify his stance on abortion Thursday night after the GOP presidential candidate raised new questions at a Texas campaign stop when he said he was "pro-life, no exceptions."
The "no exceptions" phrase seemed to contradict statements Cain recently made, suggesting abortion rights should be a family's decision when it came to cases of rape, incest or when the life of the mother was in danger.

The campaign attempted to spell out his views Thursday in a statement obtained by CNN, but did not address any exceptions.

"I am pro-life, and believe in advancing the culture of life. My record as a pro-life candidate speaks for itself," Cain said in a statement. "Anyone who says differently is simply not telling the truth. Next question."

When pressed by CNN on his position, however, a campaign adviser said Cain follows the same policy used by the George W. Bush administration, which said abortions should be allowed in the instances of rape, incest and when the life of the mother is at stake.

"He has learned more about the issue," including the number of women affected in those instances, the adviser told CNN, explaining Cain's view.

Kords21
10-29-2011, 12:44 PM
Just wait an hour, it'll change

acptulsa
10-29-2011, 12:57 PM
After watching him flip flop on 9-9-9, why would this surprise anyone?

You know, at this rate, he might just have bothered to learn enough to be president by 2027 or so...

Kords21
10-29-2011, 12:58 PM
New Cain campaign slogan "Don't like my posistion on the issues? Wait an hour, it'll change"

Restore America Now
10-29-2011, 12:59 PM
Learned more about the issue? Is it really that difficult to understand?

Sola_Fide
10-29-2011, 01:03 PM
How can you have a record as "a pro-life candidate"? Candidates have records?

bluesc
10-29-2011, 01:03 PM
"I am pro-life, and believe in advancing the culture of life. My record as a pro-life candidate speaks for itself," Cain said in a statement. "Anyone who says differently is simply not telling the truth. Next question."

When pressed by CNN on his position, however, a campaign adviser said Cain follows the same policy used by the George W. Bush administration, which said abortions should be allowed in the instances of rape, incest and when the life of the mother is at stake.

http://troll.me/images/jackie-chan-whut/jackie-chan-whut.jpg

roversaurus
10-29-2011, 01:07 PM
Don't get too insulting. We will need those people who like or liked Cain.

giovannile07
10-29-2011, 01:31 PM
Urm... say what? You just started learning more about abortion when it has been a pressing issue for quite a while now and you knew you were running for president?

Haha reminds me of the Colbert Report and the electric fences.

I'm kidding about the pro-choice issue unless you like it, if not then I'm kidding. I'm not ruling out pro-abortion, I was just saying I did as a joke in that matter, unless you're into it then I wasn't joking at all.

Bet it will turn into that like the electric fences haha.

Edit: Here it is...

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/400077/october-18-2011/indecision-2012---herman-cain-s-electrified-fence

acptulsa
10-29-2011, 01:34 PM
Bet it will turn into that like the electric fences haha.

One thing's for sure--Romney's experience shows in how much better he is at talking out of both sides of his mouth in a slick manner. Of course, his flip flop on 9-9-9 is just impossible to do slickly, after saying just about nothing else but 9-9-9 for a couple of months straight.

KingRobbStark
10-29-2011, 01:41 PM
I guess Cain likes to refer to his flip-flopping as "learning".

giovannile07
10-29-2011, 01:42 PM
One thing's for sure--Romney's experience shows in how much better he is at talking out of both sides of his mouth in a slick manner. Of course, his flip flop on 9-9-9 is just impossible to do slickly, after saying just about nothing else but 9-9-9 for a couple of months straight.
That's true, I can't believe people still are deciding to vote for him when it is so obvious how two sided he is. Haha that is true, he seriously has been spewing 9-9-9 since forever, although honestly never giving any real substance about it, especially in the last debate I think? All he said was to go look at his website to learn more about it... There are reasons for debates, so you can tell people what's it about duh!

matt0611
10-29-2011, 01:49 PM
Cain is really giving Romney a run for his money on changing his positions.

giovannile07
10-29-2011, 01:57 PM
Cain is really giving Romney a run for his money on changing his positions.
It's the new fad! Everyone is doing nowadays, it's the only way to get elected!