PDA

View Full Version : OH-Family gets SWAT raid over neighborhood dispute, cops kill family dog.

Anti Federalist
10-29-2011, 11:56 AM
Heavily armed government agents kicking your door in at Oh Dark Thirty, opening fire and killing your pets or your family, after being reported by the neighborhood government monitors, might be an indicator of living in a police state tyranny.

You think?

SWAT Officers Shoot, Kill Family Pet While Serving Warrant

Saturday October 29, 2011 8:22 AM
UPDATED: Saturday October 29, 2011 8:23 AM

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2011/10/29/columbus-swat-team-forced-to-shoot-and-kill-family-pet.html

COLUMBUS, Ohio - A Columbus SWAT team was forced to shoot a family pet while serving an arrest warrant Friday night.

Two officers were given a key to a home on Tinker's Creek Lane on the south side. When they opened the door, the dog came charging at them, 10TV's Ashleigh Barry reported.

The officers were forced to shoot and kill the dog, Columbus police Lt. Dave Hughes said.

The officers retreated and set up a perimeter around the home, which is what led to the barricade situation, Barry reported.

The original assault warrant the officers were serving stemmed from a neighborly dispute last weekend, Barry reported. Justin Payne, 24, was accused of assaulting his neighbor and causing numerous disturbances in the Tinker's Creek Lane neighborhood.

"The block watch in this area has been very vocal about this house being a problem, so they contacted our community liaison officers about this house," Hughes said.

Payne was taken into custody after the SWAT team used tear gas in the home, Barry reported.

Payne was not armed, but now faces charges, including obstructing official business.

The officers on duty were not harmed, and were not expecting the dog to become vicious, Barry reported.

CCTelander
10-29-2011, 11:58 AM
Once again ...

...the police have NO DUTY to protect an innocent individual's rights and property. The courts in every jurisdiction throughout the US have universally upheld this position. Here's a whole thread on the topic:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=228509

Professional police forces do NOT exist to protect the rights and property of innocent individuals. They were NEVER intended for such a purpose. They exist solely and completely for the purpose of enforcing the will of the power elites, and protecting those power elites against YOU.

In other words they are, in effect, an occupational army whose sole purpose is to oppress YOU. Period.

They violate the rights of innocent individuals every day. They routinely taze, beat and kill innocent people. They destroy their property, bust down their doors, toss their premises and all this without even an apology. They throw innocent people in cages to be abused and raped. They regularly destroy the lives of innocents. They make false charges and then lie in court. The list of police abuses and usurpations goes on, and on, and on.

The cops ARE NOT your friends, EVER.

I'll bump the Myth of Police Protection thread yet again too.

acptulsa
10-29-2011, 12:05 PM
I'm beginning to get the idea that stands for Special Warfare Against Terriers.

Philhelm
10-29-2011, 12:15 PM
Sociopathic warriors always terrorize.

Johnny Appleseed
10-29-2011, 12:28 PM
Thats a bubble buster neighborhood. People are already pissed that they are paying more for a home than what it is worth. This guys house probably has an old washing machine sitting on the porch and oil stains on the drive.
If you buy a cookie cutter home in a cookie cutter neighborhood you should expect cookie cutter mentality

Cops love to "suit up" its like a knight going off to battle. The thing you may want to look at is the judges that issue the warrants. A judge is the one that flips your rights switch off.

I don't understand why they don't just mace dogs? I mean the dog is just like them...just doing its job.
I think it may be S.O.P. to shoot dogs as you are only liable for the cost of the dog...and thats if you have a receipt.

Anti Federalist
10-29-2011, 12:31 PM
Thats a bubble buster neighborhood. People are already pissed that they are paying more for a home than what it is worth. This guys house probably has an old washing machine sitting on the porch and oil stains on the drive.
If you buy a cookie cutter home in a cookie cutter neighborhood you should expect cookie cutter mentality

Cops love to "suit up" its like a knight going off to battle. The thing you may want to look at is the judges that issue the warrants. A judge is the one that flips your rights switch off.

To a certain extent, yes, this is true, about the judges.

But it's not a judge that will show up in your bedroom in the middle of the night, shoving an MP5 subgun in your face.

pcosmar
10-29-2011, 12:42 PM
Wow, Just watched the video too.

Several things don't add up at all.
Police had the Key,, given to them by the suspects girlfriend and homeowner.
Guy was unarmed.
They opened the door and shot the dog,, and then retreated????

And fired tear gas through the windows.

Sounds like a lame excuse to use an even lamer SWAT team.

Anti Federalist
10-29-2011, 05:08 PM
///

123tim
10-29-2011, 05:47 PM
Wow, Just watched the video too.

Several things don't add up at all.
Police had the Key,, given to them by the suspects girlfriend and homeowner.
Guy was unarmed.
They opened the door and shot the dog,, and then retreated????

And fired tear gas through the windows.

Sounds like a lame excuse to use an even lamer SWAT team.

Someone posted something on the forum a while back about swat operations on homes "for practice". Certainly seems like these guys need some sort of practice.....or maybe just a disbandment.

Johnny Appleseed
10-29-2011, 06:23 PM
Yeah I'm thinking they all didn't meet up afterwards at Dennys and exchange war stories over this one.

Anti Federalist
10-30-2011, 07:33 PM
///

AFPVet
10-30-2011, 09:19 PM
Let me guess... War on Drugs related warrant? This shit has got to stop!

Anti Federalist
10-30-2011, 10:11 PM
Let me guess... War on Drugs related warrant? This shit has got to stop!

Nope, not this time.

Neighbors being assholes to each other.

30 years ago, that shit would have got settled with a punch in the nose.

Now it warrants SWAT raids.

VoluntaryAmerican
10-30-2011, 10:26 PM
Nope, not this time.

Why fight each other when Big Brother SWAT can tear gas your foe?

This sort of SWAT revenge has happened before and will continue.

Krugerrand
10-31-2011, 05:56 AM
Nope, not this time.

I'm sure now that the guy's dog was killed he'll be far more agreeable with his neighbors. :rolleyes:

Occam's Banana
10-31-2011, 09:34 AM
What? All this for some panty-waist, namby-pamby disturber of the peace? This is clearly just practice for when the SHTF & SWAT teams have to deal with the real hard cases. (I am referring, of course, to people who have a backlog of unpaid parking tickets.)

What's next? Sending out APVs mounted w/.50-cals to deal with litter-bugs?

Coming soon to a neighborhood near you ...

The original assault warrant the officers were serving stemmed from a neighborly dispute last weekend, Barry reported. Justin Payne, 24, was accused of assaulting his neighbor and causing numerous disturbances in the Tinker's Creek Lane neighborhood.
neg-rep to 10tv.com for copy-edit fail - "neighborly" ... jeezus!