PDA

View Full Version : Back to the basics

Pride
11-06-2007, 04:54 AM
November the 5th will be a day I will never forget. It has shown us that we definitely have the support out there to put Ron Paul at the front of the pact. With this being said, we must not get ahead of ourselves. It's time to pull our heads in and focus again on the grassroots efforts.

To be successful, it is imperative that we return to the basics. If everybody could get just one person to join the revolution, we would double in size and double in the amount of donations given to the campaign. We must realize that many people here are either reaching the $2300 limit or can not afford to keep on giving any more money. While advertising via television and radio will be a great benefit to this campaign, it did not get us to where we are today. It has been the grassroots efforts that have lifted the campaign.

Now is not the time to slack off. This 4 million dollar boost has drastically increased our morale, and we must use this morale to bring more people in on board. Never forget that money is no object. It is the grassroots effort that is most important, and this must be prioritized. A one on one conversation is much more persuasive then a television add ever will be. It is important that we get back to the basics now.

Talk to people, put up a sign, attend rallies, spread the word, vote in the polls and organize with the meet up groups. This is just as important as fund raising! Money bombs aren't everything.

Libertarian
11-06-2007, 05:08 AM
Darn skippy! The momentum is in our favor...We've got to keep it going. Talk to people. Strike up a conversation at work...Plant a seed of curiosity in someone's mind. Every individual makes a difference.

Signs, rallies, meet-ups, radio advertising and call-ins, etc are the best way to reach a larger number of people...but if you already know someone who is either apathetic or "on the fence" politically, I highly recommend you simply send them a few speeches made by Paul on the house floor. This one converted my brother instantly ;)

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul388.html

reaver
11-06-2007, 05:11 AM
Did I hear right? a slimjim pledge drive for 11/11? I'm in for 500slimjims because I'm.. not... wealthy. :)

Pride
11-06-2007, 05:59 AM
Did I hear right? a slimjim pledge drive for 11/11? I'm in for 500slimjims because I'm.. not... wealthy. :)

That actually isn't a bad idea. A huge drive on one day to hand out campaign material :D