PDA

View Full Version : Levin taking calls from Paul supporters

Havax
10-28-2011, 04:32 PM
Right now. 3rd party run hype. I can't get through but someone needs to get through and tell him Ron didn't bring this up and doesn't want to be pressured into an answer. Also, sore loser laws point to him most likely not running at all. Hopefully someone can get through.

sailingaway
10-28-2011, 04:41 PM
Evil. Ron Paul is not going to run 3d party and Levin is trying to drive a wedge, clearly.

bluesc
10-28-2011, 04:42 PM
Apparently a memo was sent out today about this 3rd party bullshit. Even Lou Dobbs asked Ron.

jasonxe
10-28-2011, 04:43 PM
Don't call.

maxoutco
10-28-2011, 04:46 PM
You guys need to understand that Ron cannot win on a 3rd party ticket. I'm probably preaching to the chior, but this is a 2 party system for presidency. This IS the whole reason why he went to side with the Republican party, because it is his only chance of making this happen. The media want to push him down to 3rd party, and if he chooses to then the media, republicans, and democrats win.

Let's keep the pressure on...

maxoutco
10-28-2011, 04:48 PM
Btw, Levin is a close minded scumbag. nuff said...

Brett85
10-28-2011, 04:55 PM
Evil. Ron Paul is not going to run 3d party and Levin is trying to drive a wedge, clearly.

Then Ron needs to say that clearly. Ron should put the issue to rest if there's no chance at all that he'll run as a 3rd party candidate. The fact that he won't give a firm answer on this simply hurts him even more among GOP primary voters.

LisaNY
10-28-2011, 04:57 PM
Ron didn't "pledge" allegiance to the republican party in front of the fox clowns so now they are creating all of this drama, in typical fox fashion. Ron doesn't owe those bastards anything and I'm glad he's messing with their heads!

ronpaulyourmom
10-28-2011, 04:59 PM
If he doesn't get the nomination, I hope he runs third party. Maybe he can win, maybe he can't, I would still consider the endeavor worthwhile.

Uriah
10-28-2011, 05:00 PM
Then Ron needs to say that clearly. Ron should put the issue to rest if there's no chance at all that he'll run as a 3rd party candidate. The fact that he won't give a firm answer on this simply hurts him even more among GOP primary voters.

He has said he has no intention and no plans to run as a 3rd party candidate. That is all the clarity you will get from Ron on this issue. If he rules it out and changes his mind latter then he will be nailed as a flip-flopper/flaky etc. Ron always says what he means and means what he says. You won't get him to go against his character. Don't even try, it's a complete waste of time.

MJU1983
10-28-2011, 05:00 PM
The only positive about Mark Levin...if an asshat like that can be successful in America, anyone can!

Keep up the good fight Liberty lovers! :)

civusamericanus
10-28-2011, 05:01 PM
Ron Paul didn't run 3rd party last time around, and I'm sure he won't run 3rd party again. But most of us can agree on one thing

"No One But Paul!"

JK/SEA
10-28-2011, 05:04 PM
Romney, Cain, Gingrich, Bachmann, Perry, to run 3rd party. Details later.

theczar1776
10-28-2011, 05:04 PM
I haven't really been following this issue but Ron is smart. He knows what he is doing. Maybe he was saying to the establishment, "Look I am in third place. I am a legitimate contender. And if you don't start paying me some respect..."

Maybe we should use the press interest on this issue to talk about the other pressing issues. Something like, "You can talk about this issue but the most important issue confronting America is not whether Ron Paul will run third party it is the potential sovereign debt crisis, the dollar collapse, and how we are going to handle it. Ron Paul, Republican or not, is the only one that understands this issue and can guide us out of the financial nightmare that we are now in. He has studied the monetary issue and is an expert. There is no bigger issue not even the issue of national defense because with a shattered dollar all bets are off. You in the press didn't listen to Ron Paul in 2007 when he was warning of this and quite frankly I hold all of you partially responsible for our present situation. If you had given him the respect he deserved and debated his ideas instead of scoffing at him...Apparently you didn't learn your lesson."

Brett85
10-28-2011, 05:12 PM
If he rules it out and changes his mind latter then he will be nailed as a flip-flopper/flaky etc.

But if that's the case, then Ron hasn't completely ruled out a 3rd party run, and it's not really accurate to say that there's no chance that he'll run as a 3rd party candidate.

InTradePro
10-28-2011, 05:22 PM
Right now. 3rd party run hype. I can't get through but someone needs to get through and tell him Ron didn't bring this up and doesn't want to be pressured into an answer. Also, sore loser laws point to him most likely not running at all. Hopefully someone can get through.

So does Levin want a 3rd party run? Just raising the question makes it more likely.
They(the maistream media) need to be asked do they want a 3rd party run, and if they don't why are they asking the question!

Join The Paul Side
10-28-2011, 05:28 PM
Ron doesn't owe those bastards anything and I'm glad he's messing with their heads!

^ This. It's the same crap they pulled last time. "Ron, are you going to run third party if you don't get the Republican nomination?"

I'm sure Dr. Paul and the campaign knows what media pundits and the establishment know: clearly he can sink their battleship with an Indy run.

Whether he does it or not nobody but Dr. Paul knows. But I'm sure he is having a great time mind fucking them. :D

Uriah
10-28-2011, 05:38 PM
But if that's the case, then Ron hasn't completely ruled out a 3rd party run, and it's not really accurate to say that there's no chance that he'll run as a 3rd party candidate.

I didn't say there was no chance. Let's just all call ourselves Ron Paul Republicans so this nonsense of 3rd party disappears.

sailingaway
10-28-2011, 05:40 PM

why? They treat him like dirt, or try to. They should give him something for it, something meaningful.

they don't ask anyone else. He makes it a point not to forclose future decisions, because you never know. What if it turned out he thought the nominee was going to loot the country? Not saying it would happen, but how does he know it won't? It's not like they've been so fair to him he should feel any obligation at all, now is it?

He didn't last time, and the Libertarian party and Constitution party were practically fighting over him. He won't unless things are extraordinary.

RonPaulCult
10-28-2011, 05:52 PM
A Ron Paul supporter just got on air. He mentioned that he is self-sufficient and that he likes Ron Paul because he breaks down the false left/right paradigm. Levin clearly had no clue what he was talking about, so he hung up on the guy and made fun of his lifestyle for about five minutes and then likened the guy to the OWS protesters, as people always asking for handouts - even though the guy made clear that he was SELF-sufficient.

Then Levin said that after the show he's going to get into his car and drive to a restaurant and get some food. He said, see - I'm self-sufficient too.

Ahahaha can't wait to see this fat loser should society break down. He'll be the first to starve to death. Wait a second - he has a lot of body fat so I guess he'll stick around for a little while.

R3volutionJedi
10-28-2011, 05:55 PM
If he doesn't get the nomination, I hope he runs third party. Maybe he can win, maybe he can't, I would still consider the endeavor worthwhile.

This! Yes!

outspoken
10-28-2011, 05:59 PM
If he doesn't win the GOP then he should run 3rd party which will really cause conservatives and a few liberals to do some soul searching. We can no longer afford to be a country of moderates without an understanding of our values and the Constitution. I'd rather see Obama win re-election which will only expedite the total collapse of America so we can forge ahead with establishing a society that truly free than perpetuate the false left-right paradigm any further.

sparebulb
10-28-2011, 06:01 PM
After reading this thread, I decided that I would make a clever post that compares Mark Levin with a picture of a chancre or an anal wart. After perusing many google images, I realized how unfair it was to a chancre or anal wart to be compared with Mark Levin.

Feelgood
10-28-2011, 06:05 PM
I am so sick of the third party/indie run threads.

Even last election when this came up, he said flat out NO he was not going to run third party, and the peeps in this forum continued to push it. Makes me sick! This is how it is people, get it through your thick SKULLS! Either Ron Paul is nominated as the GOP candidate for POTUS, OR Ron Paul is going into retirement.

That's it! Its either or. Nothing more. PLEASE stop with all the third party hoopla!!

Karsten
10-28-2011, 06:07 PM
Why would the GOP establishment be so anti-paul, and yet almost begging him to run third party.
If Ron Paul wins the nomination, the GOP wins.
If Ron Paul goes third party, Obama wins.
Simple as that.

brushfire
10-28-2011, 06:08 PM
This 3rd party claim by fox seems to have been carefully orchestrated. Nobody made any mention about the recent news talking about other candidates running 3rd party.

EBounding
10-28-2011, 06:09 PM
I love how the media always brings up the "third-party run" with Paul, but they never actually do a poll on that scenario. C'mon media, let's see the results of a Obama-Romney-Paul poll.

bluesc
10-28-2011, 06:09 PM
Why would the GOP establishment be so anti-paul, and yet almost begging him to run third party.
Simple as that.

Because Republican voters will see him as trying to ruin the Republican party by going 3rd party and reelecting Obama, just by these talk show hosts asking if he will. They don't care if he does. Obama = Romney.

bluesc
10-28-2011, 06:10 PM
I love how the media always brings up the "third-party run" with Paul, but they never actually do a poll on that scenario. C'mon media, let's see the results of a Obama-Romney-Paul poll.

There was one. I think Ron got 15-20%. Obama wins.

Bruno
10-28-2011, 06:14 PM

Very good point! Let's see that match up!

heavenlyboy34
10-28-2011, 06:14 PM
If RP doesn't get the nomination, just write him in on the general election ballot. No big deal. :cool:

wgadget
10-28-2011, 06:17 PM
LOL...He's calling it Ron's "ego trip."

LOL.

LOL.

wgadget
10-28-2011, 06:18 PM
There was one. I think Ron got 15-20%. Obama wins.

Linky?

Feeding the Abscess
10-28-2011, 06:50 PM
I'm not convinced that Mark Levin isn't actually Ben Bernanke.

K466
10-28-2011, 06:51 PM
Ron Paul might run if the dollar crashes or we see something major that makes Obama and Romney (likely GOP nominee) vulnerable. There's not a huge chance that will happen, necessarily, but Paul is wise to not lock himself out of that. It's nice to see Paul hater Levin get all worried about nothing. Paul isn't going to hand the election to Obama.

ShaneEnochs
10-28-2011, 06:58 PM
I attempted to read Mark Levin's book. The man cannot write at all. It was so thick full of crap that I couldn't get ten pages into it. I'm glad I didn't pay for it.

acptulsa
10-28-2011, 06:59 PM
Simple as that.

Levin isn't the G.O.P. establishment. Levin speaks for The Establishment. He speaks to Republicans, but he's there to keep them in line. His job is not to get rid of Obama. The Establishment is perfectly happy with Obama and his three more wars. Levin doesn't care if the G.O.P. candidate can win or not against Obama, he's just paid to ensure that the G.O.P. candidate is as safe for The Establishment as Obama. Period.

klamath
10-28-2011, 07:03 PM
I can see how this will go. Take 200 calls from RP supporters then filter out the sane ones while putting the froathing , Chemtrail, no moonlanding conspiracists, violent revolution now and vitriolic Antiamerican RP supporters. Pure setup when someone as anti RP as levin says he want to take RP callers.

wgadget
10-28-2011, 07:09 PM
I listened the last hour and a half and I don't think I heard even ONE Paul supporter. I heard lots of anti-Paul supporters. That's it.

Probably just as well.

specsaregood
10-28-2011, 07:13 PM

There is always an offchance, say if he wins the majority of caucus/primaries and they steal it from him at the convention. Then I could see him doing it.

wgadget
10-28-2011, 07:14 PM
There is always an offchance, say if he wins the majority of caucus/primaries and they steal it from him at the convention. Then I could see him doing it.

NAW, they would never do that....would they?

The Free Hornet
10-28-2011, 07:26 PM
The so-called "forth estate" (media) and Republican power brokers have shown an almost criminal (if not in fact) level of contempt for Ron Paul and his campaign. Those fuckers deserve to go down hard and by any means. Cancel your cable/dish and do not reward the perpetual selection of lessor evils (which usually end up to be worse). I'll vote for Ron Paul or 3rd party.

Just tonight on Hannity with some guest host, they said regarding Iowa, 'and don't forget to keep an eye on Bachmann and Santorum'. No mention of Ron Paul as having an opportunity to rise up there.

There are no words too harsh for these assholes.

specsaregood
10-28-2011, 07:27 PM
NAW, they would never do that....would they?

its a private organization, they can and might. hell i almost expect it.

specsaregood
10-28-2011, 07:28 PM
//

Athan
10-28-2011, 07:31 PM
Don't waste time on levin. Promote other radio show hosts. Boycott levin sponsors and etc.

speciallyblend
10-28-2011, 07:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccenFp_3kq8&ob=av2n
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccenFp_3kq8&ob=av2n

FSP-Rebel
10-28-2011, 07:44 PM
Just tonight on Hannity with some guest host, they said regarding Iowa, 'and don't forget to keep an eye on Bachmann and Santorum'. No mention of Ron Paul as having an opportunity to rise up there.

There are no words too harsh for these assholes.
Rand should call up his buddy Sean and ask what the deal is. I'd love to hear Sean's excuse for not stating the obvious in relation to Ron in IA. Since Hanny is such a genius talk host he surely has to see that we got the money and the ground game to duke it out in IA unlike the other two he mentioned.

anaconda
10-28-2011, 08:06 PM

I disagree. I prefer the way he is handling it currently. The last thing in the world that the republican establishment wants is a Ron Paul 3rd Party run. Ron needs to say what he has been: that it's not something he's considered and leave it at that, even when pressed. A promise to not run is only a huge win for the status quo establishment.

Levin was trying to imply today that Ron did not fit the traditions of the Republican Party. LOL. And that this was the reason that Rush Limbaugh, for example, had not endorsed him.

freshjiva
10-28-2011, 09:49 PM
Just today, a coworker who knows I'm a big RP supporter (and he himself likes RP as well) asked me if Ron Paul is still in the race. I'm like yes, absolutely he is, and he's doing quite well in fundraising and in the polls. He's like "Oh, that's odd. It almost seems like he's not in the race anymore because you never hear about him."

Corporate media is an agent of the hardcore Establishment. They are seriously doing everything they can to keep RP lightyears away from the WH, including starting these rumors about 3rd party runs. Utter disgrace.

Brian4Liberty
10-28-2011, 10:29 PM
Just got off the phone with a mainstream Republican who was a potential Ron Paul supporter. They wanted to know why Ron Paul was going to run third party. The damage is done.

Join The Paul Side
10-28-2011, 10:51 PM
I am so sick of the third party/indie run threads.

Either Ron Paul is nominated as the GOP candidate for POTUS, OR Ron Paul is going into retirement.

That's it! Its either or. Nothing more. PLEASE stop with all the third party hoopla!!

First of all, if you're sick of third party threads you may want to stop reading them, much less post on them, before you give yourself a heart attack. :cool:

Secondly, if Ron plans to retire if he doesn't win the GOP nomination, then it's all the more reason to run Indy or third party if he feels the mood of the country and the support for it is there. He will owe the GOP nothing. It would be a grand middle finger to the bastards that treated him so unfairly during his career.

He could have ended the speculation by the media by simply saying NO. But he didn't do that, did he? He kept the door open. Now the Establishment is getting scared. I think Ron is one step ahead of all of us and his non-answer to Bret Baier plays into his strategy because it has them talking.... about him.

Anti Federalist
10-28-2011, 11:04 PM
I could care less, third party, GOP, no party, AmericansElect, whatever.

Just so the GOP knows one thing:

No One But Paul.

No Paul and I walk or write in or vote third party.

I will not be fooled again, and will not support, vote for, campaign or in any other way attach myself to any of the current crop of GOP system candidates.

Right now it's looking like Romney, the worst of the bunch, and, on the issues that matter to me, either Romney or Obama are awful.

In fact, for a couple of personal reasons, Romney might be worse.

No One But Paul

And there are enough people in the GOP base now that think the same way.

Get behind Ron, the only man of consistent principles and adherence to the Constitution, come on in for the big win and save the Republic before it's too fucking late.

Or take four years more of Obama.

Your choice, GOP rank and file.

sparebulb
10-28-2011, 11:14 PM

No One But Paul.

I will not be fooled again, and will not support, vote for, campaign or in any other way attach myself to any of the current crop of GOP system candidates.

Right now it's looking like Romney, the worst of the bunch, and, on the issues that matter to me, either Romney or Obama are awful.

No One But Paul

Get behind Ron, the only man of consistent principles and adherence to the Constitution, come on in for the big win and save the Republic before it's too fucking late.

Count me in as well.

I've never lost a minute of sleep in the nearly four years since I voted for RP and then Chuck Baldwin.

Join The Paul Side
10-28-2011, 11:34 PM

He doesn't need to tell them anything. If he rules out a third party run then that will almost guarantee a full scale blackout and/or a barrage of hit pieces against him. They are ignoring Ron to the best of their ability, but not enough to not piss him off yet. If he commits to not running third party I believe the media will dismiss him more so than they do now.

low preference guy
10-28-2011, 11:34 PM
He doesn't need to tell them anything. If he rules out a third party run then that will almost guarantee a full scale blackout and/or a barrage of hit pieces against him. They are ignoring Ron to the best of their ability, but not enough to not piss him off yet. If he commits to not running third party I believe the media will dismiss him more so than they do now.

excellent point

thehungarian
10-29-2011, 12:13 AM

No One But Paul.

No One But Paul

Fuck yeah, SON

anaconda
10-29-2011, 12:18 AM

Thank you! Ding Ding! Correct analysis!

Carehn
10-29-2011, 12:21 AM

No One But Paul.

No One But Paul

+1

F the republicrat party. I don't vote for the lesser of 2 dumb evil bastards any more. I only did that once. Im not falling for the not as bad line ever again.

Xenophage
10-29-2011, 01:08 AM
Ron Paul didn't run 3rd party last time around, and I'm sure he won't run 3rd party again. But most of us can agree on one thing

"No One But Paul!"

You forget that he isn't running for re-election in Texas. This may be Paul's last hoorah, and if he fails to secure the nomination I think there is a very good chance he will run 3rd party. He has nothing to lose.

sorianofan
10-29-2011, 02:20 AM
A Ron Paul supporter just got on air. He mentioned that he is self-sufficient and that he likes Ron Paul because he breaks down the false left/right paradigm. Levin clearly had no clue what he was talking about, so he hung up on the guy and made fun of his lifestyle for about five minutes and then likened the guy to the OWS protesters, as people always asking for handouts - even though the guy made clear that he was SELF-sufficient.

Then Levin said that after the show he's going to get into his car and drive to a restaurant and get some food. He said, see - I'm self-sufficient too.

Ahahaha can't wait to see this fat loser should society break down. He'll be the first to starve to death. Wait a second - he has a lot of body fat so I guess he'll stick around for a little while.

lawlz

GetTech
10-29-2011, 03:12 AM
Right On! Why do they even keep talking about him running 3rd party....is the GOP worried? If Paul is not there, I'll vote Obama again. The Country has woken up. It's time for the neocon's to get on board here or fall again for another 4 years.......

Cap
10-29-2011, 05:48 AM

No One But Paul.

No One But Paul

The grass roots should make a "no one but Ron Paul commercial". Lots of different people, different ages, different careers, different sexes...etc.

scrosnoe
10-29-2011, 06:18 AM
First I must say that it is almost all I can do to get through a thread here anymore. Is there any way everyone could work together to clean up the language? I don't want to read foul language in order to participate here. Should I leave and give up? I understand the concept of 'free speech', so I am asking everyone to clean it up of their own accord and letting you know I am not a happy camper. I may give up on this 'free association' if it continues. I am near my limit of tolerance.

Now on the topic of Ron Paul and the third party question. I thought Dr. Paul handled it perfectly. He did not give credence to it but he did not close the door either. Our relationship with the Republican party must be built on a relationship of mutual respect and one of core principles. I tell them what I expect and I know what the rules are and I see if I can generate enough people to insist on them doing it my way. If I don't have enough people to get my way, then they will do something else and I will decide if I help or not, stay or not.

If Ron Paul is not the nominee for President, he might be offered oh say the VP slot -- if we have the numbers to insist on it. We might even prefer Secretary of the Treasury or some other slot than VP, but that would be a little trickier and less likely. Easier probably to just win the thing and make all the appointments. :)

The point being Ron Paul is very astute about these matters and he will insist that the party treat him AND his people properly. He knows the leverage he has and we must show the Republican party both the numbers and the money to gain and keep their respect. We also have to take and control the party slots and do the work of the ongoing party structure. But we are already doing that to some degree this cycle with the fundraising efforts.

Can we sustain it? Will we do the hard work at the precinct level and in the phone banks on an ongoing basis for people up and down the ticket?

Not easy but it has already started and the endorsements will grow as our numbers and our commitment and resolve continues.

I hope so! The future of the country depends on it. This may be our last chance...

ps A Ron Paul presidency will only be successful if we have built a firm foundation that can be mobilized repetitively to implement policy -- reducing the size and scope of government will not be easy throughout the process -- we must insist on it!

Dary
10-29-2011, 06:18 AM
I love how Ron and us supporters piss off Mark Levine. It's just priceless.

That alone is worth the price of admission.

Ron Paul winning the nomination would be icing on the cake.

If Ron doesn't get the nomination, and after Obama wins the election (cuz of No One But Paul) it's gonna be pure bliss hearing assholes like Levine farting out their rage in the form of blame towards us; Blaming us for Obama's win instead of the rank and file's own ignorance and apathy.

I wish there were some way I could get Levine to bad mouth me personally. That would be the best. The ultimate compliment. A true badge of honor.

jmdrake
10-29-2011, 06:23 AM
why? They treat him like dirt, or try to. They should give him something for it, something meaningful.

they don't ask anyone else. He makes it a point not to forclose future decisions, because you never know. What if it turned out he thought the nominee was going to loot the country? Not saying it would happen, but how does he know it won't? It's not like they've been so fair to him he should feel any obligation at all, now is it?

He didn't last time, and the Libertarian party and Constitution party were practically fighting over him. He won't unless things are extraordinary.

+rep. I seriously doubt there are more than 10 potential GOP voters in this country that are thinking "Hmmmmm.....I would consider voting for Ron Paul, but he might run third party if he loses". :rolleyes: Ron's already been as definite as he can without signing a blood oath not to run third party. And if he did that the Levin's of the world would just jump back to their typical hate Ron Paul talking points.

jmdrake
10-29-2011, 06:25 AM

+rep

Travlyr
10-29-2011, 06:42 AM
If Ron Paul wins the GOP nomination will Romney run 3rd party? :D

Czolgosz
10-29-2011, 06:48 AM
Ignore the attempt to push a third party message. Go forward with supporting Ron's candidacy in the Republican primaries. Do not be swayed.

GunnyFreedom
10-29-2011, 07:17 AM

literally the perfect response.

acptulsa
10-29-2011, 07:28 AM

This is indeed literally the perfect response.

And the answer is no, of course not, because the only thing he has going for him whatsoever is that he's the whitebread establishment G.O.P. flavor of the cycle, and if he ran independent and he and his wife and thirty-two children were too busy to vote for him, he'd get literally no votes whatsoever.

But even though they ask this question of Ron Paul and never ask it of Mitt Romney, we're to believe this isn't media spin. Oh, nosiree, perfectly legitimate inquiry that all the voters need to know to make an intelligent decision.

freejack
10-29-2011, 07:36 AM

This is how Ron should reply to the question from now.

acptulsa
10-29-2011, 07:45 AM
This is how Ron should reply to the question from now.

I'd be fun to see this be Ron's question 'to the other candidate of your choice' during the next debate. That could get quite the epic reaction from the crowd. Especially since everyone would instantly think about what an epic fail a Flip Flopney candidacy would be without the blessing of the G.O.P. behind it.

wgadget
10-29-2011, 08:39 AM
So did anyone hear any Paul supporters on Levin's show?

I didn't.

acptulsa
10-29-2011, 08:42 AM
I'd be fun to see this be Ron's question 'to the other candidate of your choice' during the next debate. That could get quite the epic reaction from the crowd. Especially since everyone would instantly think about what an epic fail a Flip Flopney candidacy would be without the blessing of the G.O.P. behind it.

He could even, after the laughter dies down, say, 'I know you didn't do it in 2008. I didn't either, but I keep getting the same question over and over and over, and it occurred to me that no one had bothered to ask you, so I just thought I'd ask lest you feel left out.

RoyalShock
10-29-2011, 09:38 AM
Ron does need to come out and say he's not going to run 3rd party.

Ron and the movement have made a lot of progress since 2007. If Ron doesn't completely rule out a 3rd-party run and especially if he does run 3rd party, that progress will stall for the foreseeable future. And any chance of Rand getting a future nomination is greatly harmed.

wgadget
10-29-2011, 09:51 AM
Ron does need to come out and say he's not going to run 3rd party.

Ron and the movement have made a lot of progress since 2007. If Ron doesn't completely rule out a 3rd-party run and especially if he does run 3rd party, that progress will stall for the foreseeable future. And any chance of Rand getting a future nomination is greatly harmed.

How will that progress continue if he loses the GOP nomination?

And are you equating Ron with Rand? It seems that even as of now, the GOP does not equate them.

Voluntary Man
10-29-2011, 09:51 AM
LEVIN & CO: "Dr Paul, it's been rumored that you're considering hitting me."

Dr Paul: "I have no intention of hitting you."

LEVIN & CO: "Will you make a blood oath, right here and now, that no matter what I may do to you in the future, you will never hit me, under any circumstances?"

Dr Paul: "Now, you're just being ridiculous. Next question, please."

Anti Federalist
10-29-2011, 10:37 AM
The grass roots should make a "no one but Ron Paul commercial". Lots of different people, different ages, different careers, different sexes...etc.

I'd donate to this, specifically.

milo10
10-29-2011, 11:16 AM

Great, great post.

I don't understand party politics enough to know all the pluses-and-minuses of running third party. But, imho, if Cain should get the nomination somehow, then Ron should run. The voter remorse will be HUGE. He is in some sort of weird bubble right now, but if he actually takes the nomination, then I think Cain would be the most loathed and least-respected major-party candidate in American history. Cain is inconsistent, evasive, and at times genuinely creepy. He is the type of candidate that destroys parties, and that has happened throughout our history.

In those circumstances, Ron may not be able to win 3rd party, but he could very possibly beat Cain. The Republican party being buried like that is huge, and really changes the course of politics and policy-making in this country. To me, that would be the next best thing to Ron winning.

I don't think a third-party run makes sense with Romney as the nominee, as he is simply not the train wreck that Cain is.

Anti Federalist
10-29-2011, 01:02 PM
I don't think a third-party run makes sense with Romney as the nominee, as he is simply not the train wreck that Cain is.

Why?

Flip Flopney is just as disingenuous as Cain, even more so.

He just masks it better with smooth speech patterns and good hair.

Which to my mind, makes him even more dangerous.

He packages everything that Obama is doing, (which is to say what the globalists running the show want) in a nice, shiny, Red Republican package, so that the other half of the country will eat the poison as well.

Oh and for you Rand fans, a Romney victory will mean Rand won't have a reasonable shot until 2028.

Eight years of Romney, followed by eight years of "the other guys".

anaconda
10-29-2011, 01:16 PM

This would be a good move by Mittens and the GOP establishment.

milo10
10-29-2011, 06:29 PM
Why?

Flip Flopney is just as disingenuous as Cain, even more so.

He just masks it better with smooth speech patterns and good hair.

Which to my mind, makes him even more dangerous.

He packages everything that Obama is doing, (which is to say what the globalists running the show want) in a nice, shiny, Red Republican package, so that the other half of the country will eat the poison as well.

An independent run with Romney as the nominee would have nowhere near the impact. Romney is simply a very bland, unprincipled candidate, and I'd say no worse than McCain, who Ron chose not to go independent again. Cain is a complete embarrassment.

I do think it's an interesting point that Romney would be a worse president than Cain, as he would actually have the normal sway and authority granted a president. Cain would have a very low regard from the get-go. But, while I think there is some possibility of Cain getting the nomination, I think there is almost none for him winning the general election.

If Ron wants to run independent against Romney should he win the nomination, I am fine with that. But, I don't think it would have anywhere near the same measure of tactical success that a run against Cain would have. If Cain gets the nomination, expect the full force of the media to swing against him, and deservedly so. Like I said, Ron running as a Libertarian could potentially outdo Cain in the general election. That would be huge. I mean, really huge.

Oh and for you Rand fans, a Romney victory will mean Rand won't have a reasonable shot until 2028.

Eight years of Romney, followed by eight years of "the other guys".

I honestly don't think so. IMHO, we will see a financial collapse of the United States this decade that will surpass the Great Depression. Only Ron Paul winning in 2012 could potentially to some extent bypass it. But in any case, after that there will be no more business as usual among the electorate.

wgadget
10-29-2011, 07:07 PM
The author Brent Budowsky's latest comment at his article "Ron Paul should run third-party":

The truth is that most Democrats I know would be thrilled if Obama did not run, and very few Republicans believe
Romney stands for anything, he is the worst weather
vane and shape shifter. The grassroots of both parties
are going to be trapped with nominees they do not
believe in. It is a bizarre situation, which is why I made
this suggestion about Ron running as a third party.

We basically have two parties dominated by lobbyists,
big donors and insiders. Wall Street cheers the latest
giant bailout. Romney and Obama are racing to see
who can raise the most money and be most dominated
by lobbyists and special interests. The whole situation
is ridiculous, in both parties.
BY BRENT on 10/29/2011 at 11:10