PDA

View Full Version : Splitting The Donations Will Not Give Us Any Media Coverage!

qwerty
11-06-2007, 03:42 AM
OMG!

I have to write this, cause i donīt understand why some of you still fail to see what NOV 5th did to the campaign. It has given and will give A TON OF FREE MEDIA COVERAGE!

Why MEDIA gives coverage, cause the amount of money RAISED ON ONE DAY! ONE DAY ONE DAY ONE DAY ONE DAY, the splitted donations will give us media coverage only in the end of the quarter...

Why we need to have only one fundraising day and not split the donations to several fundraising days, to get TON OF FREE MEDIA COVERAGE. Thatīs what campaign needs, media coverage!

If we would beat the Hillaryīs record on DEC 16th it would shake the whole WORLD! Why you fail to see it ?

Donate EVERY day if can afford, but save something for DEC 16TH to make it bigger than NOV 5TH...

hard@work
11-06-2007, 03:44 AM
People donate what they can in cycles. Our donators haven't maxed out, the other candidates have. The next bump on the 11th will be a small but generous bump. The Tea Party will be mammoth in size. I don't want to go into the entire reasoning here but if you think about what people can afford and how many of us have maxed out along with how many of us did not have an opportunity to donate this time around you will see that we will achieve a maximum donation amount by having at least 2-3 more bump days within the next few months.

Aside from that, stop trying to herd cats.

hard@work
11-06-2007, 03:45 AM
Also, what you are doing is discouraging donations. Seriously, stop that.

qwerty
11-06-2007, 03:46 AM
People donate what they can in cycles. Our donators haven't maxed out, the other candidates have. The next bump will be a small but generous bump. The Tea Party will be mammoth in size. I don't want to go into the entire reasoning here but if you think about what people can afford and how many of us have maxed out along with how many of us did not have an opportunity to donate this time around you will see that we will achieve a maximum donation amount by having at least 2-3 more bump days within the next few months.

Aside from that, stop trying to herd cats.

Donate as much as you can all the time, but save a big amount to the DEC 16TH also.

Thatīs my message...

austin356
11-06-2007, 03:47 AM
:confused::(

qwerty
11-06-2007, 03:47 AM
Also, what you are doing is discouraging donations. Seriously, stop that.

OMG!!!

Can you read ?

:mad:

qwerty
11-06-2007, 03:48 AM
:confused::(

what ? :rolleyes:

qwerty
11-06-2007, 03:49 AM
Do you really fail to see my message!

DONATE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN ALL THE TIME BUT SAVE A BIG AMOUNT TO DEC 16TH

:D

rs3515
11-06-2007, 03:49 AM
While I like the idea of a big donation on the 16th, do remember Ron Paul needs as much money as possible in advance of December. The month of December is going to be very very important for getting voter's attention in places like NH and Iowa. The more money available before December, the more advertising can be done.

qwerty
11-06-2007, 03:51 AM
While I like the idea of a big donation on the 16th, do remember Ron Paul needs as much money as possible in advance of December. The month of December is going to be very very important for getting voter's attention in places like NH and Iowa. The more money available before December, the more advertising can be done.

ANd wouldnīt the HUGE FREE MEDIA COVERAGE, cause of the dec 16th help on that ?

qwerty
11-06-2007, 03:54 AM
OMG, Ron is getting more MEDIA COVERAGE than ever before and now some of you start backing up.... :rolleyes:

Richandler
11-06-2007, 03:56 AM
We haven't gotten much decent media coverage yet and we don't know if we will. If we get a ton, the second time isn't going to get nearly the same coverage period. However what really matter is that we raise money for the official campaign to works its magic. Grassroots is great but we need the official campaign to turn this into a real election. That's why we donated to it.

I think posing a competition is a great idea. Splitting the donations over two days creates competition. If we believe in this wonderful idea in economics there is chance that the two days could compete. You have to remember that Obama got head lines for raising 1.8 million over 3 days. If we raised 6 million over two days it will still have a big impact. I think two competing grassroots campaigns should see how many new donators they can get to raise money with.

The main reason I say this is that if the media wants to kill us they can point out how Ron will have next to zero donations on the Bill of Rights day. The very platform he is running on. Rudy could easily pick as a "money bomb" to overshadow Ron. I think it's all open to discussion.

But lets focus on being humble for November and getting and extra 2 million before the end of the month. The 11th can help that.

austin356
11-06-2007, 03:59 AM
OMG, Ron is getting more MEDIA COVERAGE than ever before and now some of you start backing up.... :rolleyes:

you keep fighting and fighting with this. Very few seem to agree w/ you. Dont be so aggressive, just put the thoughts out there and people can make their own decision, you need not make it for them.

I personally dont think it is worth it to do it all in one day.

hard@work
11-06-2007, 04:02 AM
OMG!!!

Can you read ?

:mad:

Apparently better than you.

:rolleyes:

theseus51
11-06-2007, 04:57 AM
There is always going to be the never ending debate as to whether it's better to donate more, early, as soon as you can vs. saving up a ton of money and sending it all on one day.

People have finite resources, they can't do both. I would say the one big money bomb did get good media coverage, so you have to factor that in. Plus I doubt with a "steady stream" we would be where we are today in terms of total dollars raised. It was the excitement that got a lot of extra people to donate. In the end, even though I originally objected, I think the "moneybomb" idea is good. BUT it has to be rare. A new money bomb every week dilutes the effectiveness, and gets no media attention as total dollar amount raised diminishes each time. Once every month is about the most you can do to maintain the effectiveness (plus to give them time to save up money).

qwerty
11-06-2007, 05:22 AM
you keep fighting and fighting with this. Very few seem to agree w/ you. Dont be so aggressive, just put the thoughts out there and people can make their own decision, you need not make it for them.

What all ?

I SAID SAVE SOMETHING FOR DEC 16TH, NOT THAT SAVE ALL ? :rolleyes:

qwerty
11-06-2007, 05:23 AM
Donate EVERY day if can afford, but save something for DEC 16TH to make it bigger than NOV 5TH...[/QUOTE]

Thereīs the sentence....

:D

qwerty
11-06-2007, 05:24 AM
We haven't gotten much decent media coverage yet and we don't know if we will. If we get a ton, the second time isn't going to get nearly the same coverage period. However what really matter is that we raise money for the official campaign to works its magic. Grassroots is great but we need the official campaign to turn this into a real election. That's why we donated to it.

I think posing a competition is a great idea. Splitting the donations over two days creates competition. If we believe in this wonderful idea in economics there is chance that the two days could compete. You have to remember that Obama got head lines for raising 1.8 million over 3 days. If we raised 6 million over two days it will still have a big impact. I think two competing grassroots campaigns should see how many new donators they can get to raise money with.

The main reason I say this is that if the media wants to kill us they can point out how Ron will have next to zero donations on the Bill of Rights day. The very platform he is running on. Rudy could easily pick as a "money bomb" to overshadow Ron. I think it's all open to discussion.

But lets focus on being humble for November and getting and extra 2 million before the end of the month. The 11th can help that.

We made to the FOX FRONT PAGE...

:rolleyes:

Just go to www.news.google.fi and search for Ron Paul and start reading...

walt
11-06-2007, 05:35 AM
OMG!

I have to write this, cause i donīt understand why some of you still fail to see what NOV 5th did to the campaign. It has given and will give A TON OF FREE MEDIA COVERAGE!

Why MEDIA gives coverage, cause the amount of money RAISED ON ONE DAY! ONE DAY ONE DAY ONE DAY ONE DAY, the splitted donations will give us media coverage only in the end of the quarter...

Why we need to have only one fundraising day and not split the donations to several fundraising days, to get TON OF FREE MEDIA COVERAGE. Thatīs what campaign needs, media coverage!

If we would beat the Hillaryīs record on DEC 16th it would shake the whole WORLD! Why you fail to see it ?

Donate EVERY day if can afford, but save something for DEC 16TH to make it bigger than NOV 5TH...

MORE IMPORTANT:
Get out there and make sure Ron is on the balot with a full slate of delegates that are committed to him in all 50 states.
Then convert voters.

There is much harder and more important work ahead.

qwerty
11-06-2007, 05:55 AM

Actually many people agrees with me...Check,

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=32653

nayjevin
11-06-2007, 06:44 AM
the campaign needs the money as soon as we can give it to them. money spent now brings more money in - the sooner we get it to them the more total money will be brought in.

each dollar is an ally going out to do something for the campaign. if you hold it in your pocket, it's not doing anything for the campaign.

give as soon as you get!

Libertarian
11-06-2007, 06:49 AM
the campaign needs the money as soon as we can give it to them. money spent now brings more money in - the sooner we get it to them the more total money will be brought in.

each dollar is an ally going out to do something for the campaign. if you hold it in your pocket, it's not doing anything for the campaign.

give as soon as you get!

Dollars are good...but don't forget it all comes down to PEOPLE in the end! Do your part and introduce Paul's ideas to as many people as you can...family, friends, coworkers, whatever. This is no time to be shy. Strike up a political conversations whenever you get the chance, and encourage people to look up RP on the net. Every person you bring into the movement will likely do the same to 2-3 others...just like the movie "Pay it Forward". :)