PDA

View Full Version : PPP Poll - Wisconsin General Election / Ron Paul leads with Independents

tsai3904
10-28-2011, 12:43 PM
Wisconsin (http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2011/10/obama-struggling-in-wisconsin.html)
10/20 - 10/23
1,170 voters
+/-2.9%

General Election Matchups:

Obama 46%
Romney 43%

Obama 49%
Cain 42%

Obama 48%
Paul 39%

Obama 51%
Bachmann 40%

Obama 50%
Perry 39%

Obama 52%
Gingrich 38%

Among Independents:

Paul 43%
Obama 39%

Romney 42%
Obama 38%

Obama 43%
Cain 42%

Obama 46%
Bachmann 37%

Obama 46%
Perry 35%

Obama 50%
Gingrich 35%

Among 18 to 29:

Obama 58%
Cain 37%

Obama 58%
Paul 33%

Obama 56%
Romney 30%

Obama 61%
Perry 33%

Obama 60%
Bachmann 30%

Obama 61%
Gingrich 25%

Ron Paul Crosstabs:

18 to 29:

Obama 58%
Paul 33%

30 to 45:

Paul 50%
Obama 42%

46 to 65:

Obama 47%
Paul 38%

Older than 65:

Obama 50%
Paul 33%

Man:

Paul 46%
Obama 40%

Woman:

Obama 54%
Paul 33%

bluesc
10-28-2011, 12:47 PM
Women again. Cain has more 18-29 support than Ron?

ShaneEnochs
10-28-2011, 12:48 PM
Edit - Neeeeeeeeeeeevermind. Disregard this post.

Austrian Econ Disciple
10-28-2011, 03:56 PM
Women are absolutely killing us. :/

cero
10-28-2011, 03:58 PM
in on women rage thread

helmuth_hubener
10-28-2011, 04:04 PM
19th Amendment: bad idea.

bluesc
10-28-2011, 04:04 PM

Fuck my children's future, give me a man with good hair and a chiseled jawline and I'll vote for him.

Seriously, people need to stop dismissing the biological factor in decision making for women. Are they capable of supporting Ron? Absolutely. Is it impressive when they do? Absolutely. Will they support Ron like they support the Mittster? No.

The others are trained to appear as alpha males for a reason.

IterTemporis
10-28-2011, 05:55 PM
Fuck my children's future, give me a man with good hair and a chiseled jawline and I'll vote for him.

Seriously, people need to stop dismissing the biological factor in decision making for women. Are they capable of supporting Ron? Absolutely. Is it impressive when they do? Absolutely. Will they support Ron like they support the Mittster? No.

The others are trained to appear as alpha males for a reason.

Some women are very shallow.. I remember I saw some comments from when he first entered the race, presumably women wrote them, that Perry is hot and that they were going to vote for him.

Maybe since they do not think that Ron is an 'alpha male', perhaps Carol could sway them..? Women like cute elderly ladies, like Betty White for example.

bluesc
10-28-2011, 06:02 PM
Some women are very shallow.. I remember I saw some comments from when he first entered the race, presumably women wrote them, that Perry is hot and that they were going to vote for him.

Maybe since they do not think that Ron is an 'alpha male', perhaps Carol could sway them..? Women like cute elderly ladies, like Betty White for example.

It's not them being shallow. It's not something you can blame them for, it's just human nature. Apparently women here have no problem blaming men for human nature though :rolleyes:

Sure there will be a few women that will vote for Perry because they think he is hot, but that's not why most would.

Ron needs to stand straight, not look down, speak with authority, ect. Most communication is through body language, tone of voice, gestures, posture, ect. I understand he had his knees replaced though, so it can't be comfortable for him to stand for hours. I'm sure Doug Wead is advising on it. Ron isn't concerned with those things though, he just wants the truth out and wants people to understand.

I'm gonna be neg repped into oblivion for saying such things :rolleyes:.

badger4RP
10-28-2011, 06:07 PM
my woman is voting Paul.

klamath
10-28-2011, 06:10 PM
Maybe we should change the theme from women bashing to young people bashing. It is the stupid young people voting for Obama. God help this country if this is the new generation and what they intend to bring for this country. The young people like to bash the older generation as leaving a horrible mess for them yet they are setting up to leave an even worse mess for the generations that follow them.

bluesc
10-28-2011, 06:11 PM
There is no woman bashing.

IterTemporis
10-28-2011, 06:14 PM
It's not them being shallow. It's not something you can blame them for, it's just human nature. Apparently women here have no problem blaming men for human nature though :rolleyes:

Sure there will be a few women that will vote for Perry because they think he is hot, but that's not why most would.

Ron needs to stand straight, not look down, speak with authority, ect. Most communication is through body language, tone of voice, gestures, posture, ect. I understand he had his knees replaced though, so it can't be comfortable for him to stand for hours. I'm sure Doug Wead is advising on it. Ron isn't concerned with those things though, he just wants the truth out and wants people to understand.

I'm gonna be neg repped into oblivion for saying such things :rolleyes:.

This is precisely why I used the word some in my post. I never once said all or most women are shallow.. Some =/= most.

klamath
10-28-2011, 06:15 PM
There is no woman bashing.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

bluesc
10-28-2011, 06:18 PM
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Show me the woman bashing.

bluesc
10-28-2011, 06:19 PM
This is precisely why I used the word some in my post. I never once said all or most women are shallow.. Some =/= most.

Few =/= some.

Couple < Few < Some < Many < Most < All

Trying to be careful here, someone might accuse me of woman bashing :rolleyes:.

TheTexan
10-28-2011, 06:24 PM
PPP is generally way off when you compare it to other polls. I disregard anything coming from PPP based on their past inaccuracies...

Lafayette
10-28-2011, 06:26 PM
Damn women and kids, jump on the liberty train already!

James Madison
10-28-2011, 06:27 PM
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

How is it woman bashing if every scientific poll shows Ron struggling with female voters? Are we to just pretend this doesn't exist?

Maybe we should ask ourselves why Ron struggles with women and how we can better package our message to appeal to them. Because like it or not, the good doctor WILL NOT win the nomination without their support.

klamath
10-28-2011, 07:21 PM
How is it woman bashing if every scientific poll shows Ron struggling with female voters? Are we to just pretend this doesn't exist?

Maybe we should ask ourselves why Ron struggles with women and how we can better package our message to appeal to them. Because like it or not, the good doctor WILL NOT win the nomination without their support.
Maybe we should try and better package our message to appeal to young people?? RP is getting stomped by the young people by 25 points and by women by by only 21 points yet that was ignored by most and the women were singled out to complain about. Ignoring the elephant in the room of the young people voter gap and sigaling out women voter gap reaks of women bashing in my book. Yet very shortly someone will start a thread about the horrible old people and how the young people are the RP supporters. Those are some real filtered glasses people are using around here.

bluesc
10-28-2011, 07:24 PM
Maybe we should try and better package our message to appear to young people?? RP is getting stomped by the young people by 25 points and by women by by only 21 points yet that was ignored by most and the women were singled out to complain about. Ignoring the elephant in the room of the young people voter gap and sigaling out women voter gap reaks of women bashing in my book. Yet very shortly someone will start a thread about the horrible old people and
and how the young people are the RP supporters. Thore are some real filtered glasses people are using around here.

Ron has a problem with women in the primary polls too, and is almost always leading with the young people. The majority of young people are Dem, while women are split.

The female vote is consistently the one that Ron is having problems with.

klamath
10-28-2011, 07:33 PM
Ron has a problem with women in the primary polls too, and is almost always leading with the young people. The majority of young people are Dem, while women are split.

The female vote is consistently the one that Ron is having problems with.RP does not consistantly lead with the FEW young people that are republicans. He may not lose as badly as he does with the over 65 crowd. The demographic RP leads with is the middle age demographic.

bluesc
10-28-2011, 07:38 PM
RP does not consistantly lead with the FEW young people that are republicans. He may not lose as badly as he does with the over 65 crowd. The demographic RP leads with is the middle age demographic.

Latest poll, from Fox News of all companies, shows Ron 1st nationally with the 18-29 voters. Over 65 are the other ones we have a problem with, but that is because they get their news from talk radio and Fox News.

HeyArchie
10-28-2011, 07:54 PM
Converted my girlfriend right before she broke up with me.

http://i41.tinypic.com/mbppmx.jpg

klamath
10-28-2011, 08:01 PM
Latest poll, from Fox News of all companies, shows Ron 1st nationally with the 18-29 voters. Over 65 are the other ones we have a problem with, but that is because they get their news from talk radio and Fox News.
There are more than fox news polls.

low preference guy
10-28-2011, 08:04 PM
Converted my girlfriend right before she broke up with me.

http://i41.tinypic.com/mbppmx.jpg

wow. that relationship was definitely worth it.

bluesc
10-28-2011, 08:04 PM
There are more than fox news polls.

That's the latest one. The other latest one doesn't have age breakdown.

James Madison
10-28-2011, 08:14 PM
Maybe we should try and better package our message to appeal to young people?? RP is getting stomped by the young people by 25 points and by women by by only 21 points yet that was ignored by most and the women were singled out to complain about. Ignoring the elephant in the room of the young people voter gap and sigaling out women voter gap reaks of women bashing in my book. Yet very shortly someone will start a thread about the horrible old people and how the young people are the RP supporters. Those are some real filtered glasses people are using around here.

Apples to oranges. Young people make up a very small portion of the overall electorate, while female voters represent more than half. Big difference.

klamath
10-28-2011, 08:27 PM
Apples to oranges. Young people make up a very small portion of the overall electorate, while female voters represent more than half. Big difference.
Ok Cain.

James Madison
10-28-2011, 08:49 PM
Ok Cain.

Unlike Mr. Cain, I understand my ethanobotanical similes and metaphores. :p

parocks
10-28-2011, 09:16 PM

The major reason for this is that Obama is the Democrat and Paul is the Republican.

Same ol "gender gap"

helmuth_hubener
10-29-2011, 08:32 PM
RP does not consistantly lead with the FEW young people that are republicans. He may not lose as badly as he does with the over 65 crowd. The demographic RP leads with is the middle age demographic. Young people don't vote. The only people who vote are those over 50.

The very few young people who do vote are all Ron Paul supporters or Obama supporters. But again, young people don't vote. Only old people vote. If you want to win a Republican primary election with good turnout, your only job is to convince old people. A caucus is different, Ron Paul young people can conceivably win that for you.