PDA

View Full Version : Herman Cain Cain denies Palestinian people exist, prays at Western Wall Jerusalem

Agorism
10-28-2011, 10:35 AM
http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/cainwesternwall1.jpg

http://www.judiciaryreport.com/images/John-McCain-Western-Wall.jpg

http://thinkprogress.org/security/2011/10/28/355722/cain-so-called-palestinian-people/

Former pizza company CEO and GOP candidate Herman Cain started his presidential campaign — quite by accident, it seems — as an advocate for a cherished Palestinian ideal to return to their homelands throughout historic Palestine by endorsing the “right of return.” But he’s come a long way since then. Cain’s not “foreign policy dumb,” he says, and now he’s challenging reporters to take on his expertise in global affairs. He’s come so far on the Palestinian issue that he is even hedging about whether or not Palestinians have a national identity at all.
In an interview with the free Israeli daily newspaper Israel Hayom (or Israel Today), Cain, in attempt to show how President Obama’s “lack of a firm stand regarding Israel has emboldened Israel’s enemies,” made his most disparaging comments yet about Palestinians, verging on denying their existence as a people:

I think that the so-called Palestinian people have this urge for unilateral recognition because they see this president as weak.

In reality, the Palestinian national movement is decades old, if not more — and certainly older than Obama. But the most shocking part of Cain’s statement was his equivocation on the existence of the Palestinian people. As Center for American Progress analyst Matt Duss wrote last year:

Despite the fact that scholars such as Rashid Khalidi have established the emergence of a distinct Palestinian national consciousness in the 19th century, the offensive idea that the Palestinians don’t exist — or the equally offensive idea that they only exist as a negative reaction to the creation of Israel — is unfortunately still a fairly common belief among Israel hawks. [...]
As Peter Beinart noted in his recent piece in the New York Review of Books, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu himself made the claim in his 1993 book A Place Among the Nations.

With regard to Duss’s last point, it seems Israel Hayom is the perfect place for Cain to make his statement. In a 2008 New Yorker profile of the daily paper’s owner, American right-wing billionaire Sheldon Adelson, Connie Bruck wrote:

In the Israeli media world, Israel Hayom is referred to as Bibi-ton, because many believe that it serves as a mouthpiece for Netanyahu, whose nickname is Bibi, and who has long received extraordinarily negative press coverage in Israel.

Cain’s latest comments about the “so-called Palestinian people” and his bogus interpretation of their national movement should give us an idea of what kind of progress (or lack thereof) a Cain presidency would make in the Israeli-Palestinian peace process.

dannno
10-28-2011, 10:42 AM
Palestinian denier?

Agorism
10-28-2011, 10:44 AM
This stuff is why Thinkprogress is so good even though some here hate that website. I enjoy at least 80% of there blog posts.

brushfire
10-28-2011, 10:46 AM
He's just keeping consistent with rejecting reality.

Imagine there's no pizza...

ShaneEnochs
10-28-2011, 11:32 AM
I don't understand... that's like saying Jewish people don't exist.

I tried to write something after that, but nothing seemed appropriate to express how baffled I am.

FrankRep
10-28-2011, 11:32 AM
Herman Cain is Right. He's rejecting the "Palestinian" label. ThinkProgress is being silly.

Wikipedia: Palestine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestine)

Palestine was a conventional name, among others, used between 450 BC and 1948 AD to describe the geographic region between the Mediterranean Sea and the Jordan River, and various adjoining lands.

ShaneEnochs
10-28-2011, 11:41 AM
Herman Cain is Right. He's rejecting the "Palestinian" label. ThinkProgress is being silly.

Palestine was a conventional name, among others, used between 450 BC and 1948 AD to describe the geographic region between the Mediterranean Sea and the Jordan River, and various adjoining lands.

Palestine is a state. The people there are called Palestinians. I'm not sure how you're saying he's right.

Agorism
10-28-2011, 11:54 AM
Frankrep gave me negative rep and gave my thread one star again as he always does.

hillertexas
10-28-2011, 12:00 PM
If a group of people refer to themselves as Palestinian, then Palestinians exist. Right? Am I missing something?

FrankRep
10-28-2011, 12:30 PM
Palestine is a state. The people there are called Palestinians. I'm not sure how you're saying he's right.
Palestine is not exist anymore.

specsaregood
10-28-2011, 12:35 PM

So it WAS until the UN said it wasn't...

FrankRep takes his marching orders from the United Nations!

dannno
10-28-2011, 12:39 PM

I think FrankRep is the biggest mix of pro and anti-establishment I've ever witnessed.

ctiger2
10-28-2011, 12:39 PM
http://outtajo.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/rabbi.jpg

heavenlyboy34
10-28-2011, 12:41 PM
Frankrep gave me negative rep and gave my thread one star again as he always does.
Fear not. I +repped you to counter Frank's -rep and general douchebaggery.

heavenlyboy34
10-28-2011, 12:43 PM

qft and +rep. :cool: ;)

amy31416
10-28-2011, 12:54 PM

Uhhh...yes it does, and so do Palestinians.

You're one degree away from being in the same class as holocaust-deniers, Frank. I don't expect you to understand that though.

FrankRep
10-28-2011, 01:02 PM
Uhhh...yes it does, and so do Palestinians.

Where is Palestine again?

http://www.wordtravels.com/images/map/Israel_map.jpg

ExPatPaki
10-28-2011, 01:07 PM
FrankRep hates Palestinians because they have a darker skin color than he does. He's also a pussified coward who runs away from threads.

FrankRep
10-28-2011, 01:09 PM
FrankRep hates Palestinians because they have a darker skin color than he does. He's also a pussified coward who runs away from threads.
Don't Jews have dark skin too? Where is Palestine on the map again?

hillertexas
10-28-2011, 01:10 PM
Where is Palestine on the map again?

It doesn't matter. If a group of people refer to themselves as Palestinian, then Palestinians exist.

If a group started calling themselves libertarians, paulites, or smurfs.....that in and of itself is existence.

You are trying to answer the broader "Does Palestine exist?" question.

ExPatPaki
10-28-2011, 01:10 PM

Aww, the pussdickified cowardly troll known as FrankRep is obsessed with maps now.

FrankRep
10-28-2011, 01:12 PM
It doesn't matter. If a group of people refer to themselves as Palestinian, then Palestinians exist.
My point is that Herman Cain is not wrong, Palestine is gone.

specsaregood
10-28-2011, 01:17 PM
Don't Jews have dark skin too?
Uhm, no. at least not the majority of them in Israel who hail from europe. They are as white as you and I.

"Bow down before the UN authority!" -- FrankRep.

FrankRep
10-28-2011, 01:20 PM
"Bow down before the UN authority!" -- FrankRep.

My point is that Herman Cain is not wrong, Palestine is gone. I'm not praising the actions of the United Nations.

specsaregood
10-28-2011, 01:22 PM
My point is that Herman Cain is not wrong, Palestine is gone. I'm not praising the actions of the United Nations.

So if the UN decrees that Ohio no longer exists and forever more be known as "the land of douches", you'll start saying ohio is gone and only douches live there now?

Cowlesy
10-28-2011, 01:24 PM
Aww, the pussified cowardly troll known as FrankRep is obsessed with maps now.

If you can't help but resort to personal insults then you are not long for this forum.

BattleFlag1776
10-28-2011, 01:27 PM
So if the UN decrees that Ohio no longer exists and forever more be known as "the land of douches", you'll start saying ohio is gone and only douches live there now?

i was going to use the same analogy except mine was the "land of the scurvy dogs." :)

ExPatPaki
10-28-2011, 01:27 PM
If you can't help but resort to personal insults then you are not long for this forum.

Perfectly okay to deny a people exist and hate them because they have a different skin color than you. ibaghdadi is a Palestinian. I guess in FrankRep's world, he doesn't exist either.

amy31416
10-28-2011, 01:29 PM
Where is Palestine again?

http://www.wordtravels.com/images/map/Israel_map.jpg

What is the West Bank and Gaza?

Who are these Palestinians?

I know the answers, according to extremist settlers--just curious how yours match up.

low preference guy
10-28-2011, 01:30 PM
Does FrankRep exist or is he a John Birth Society bot?

FrankRep
10-28-2011, 01:30 PM
Perfectly okay to deny a people exist though. ibaghdadi is a Palestinian. I guess in FrankRep's world, he doesn't exist either.
Herman Cain said "so-called Palestinian people." That pretty means that they call themselves Palestinian, but Palestine doesn't exist.

Herman Cain is factually correct.

low preference guy
10-28-2011, 01:31 PM

...says the United Nations

specsaregood
10-28-2011, 01:32 PM
I've met dozens of JBS members (including a number of their leadership) and none of them are anything like FrankRep; he gives them a bad name.

dannno
10-28-2011, 01:32 PM
Herman Cain said "so-called Palestinian people." That pretty means that they call themselves Palestinian, but Palestine doesn't exist.

Who decides your "so-called facts"?

low preference guy
10-28-2011, 01:33 PM
I've met dozens of JBS members (including a number of their leadership) and none of them are anything like FrankRep; he gives them a bad name.

more evidence for my conjecture

specsaregood
10-28-2011, 01:35 PM
more evidence for my conjecture

From the way this thread is going it appears that he is a NWO UN-worshipping bot.

James Madison
10-28-2011, 01:37 PM
Wow. Talk about de-railing a thread.

Anyways, why don't we ask the question of why Herman Cain is praying at the Western Wall?

specsaregood
10-28-2011, 01:38 PM
Anyways, why don't we ask the question of why Herman Cain is praying at the Western Wall?

Better yet, compare his poll numbers before his israel trip and then 2 weeks after.

FrankRep
10-28-2011, 01:43 PM
I represent myself. I never claimed to be a representative for anyone else.

heavenlyboy34
10-28-2011, 01:47 PM
http://www.palestineremembered.com/Maps/New/JewishOwnedLandInPalestineAsOf1947.gif

FrankRep
10-28-2011, 01:49 PM
Land In Palestine As Of 1947

The current year is 2011, FYI.

heavenlyboy34
10-28-2011, 01:49 PM
Who decides your "so-called facts"?
It seems to be some conglomeration of JBS, corporate media, and zionist propaganda.

Dr.3D
10-28-2011, 01:50 PM
Wow. Talk about de-railing a thread.

Is there something wrong with praying at the Western Wall? I know plenty of Christians who do that.

heavenlyboy34
10-28-2011, 01:51 PM
The current year is 2011, FYI.
Yes, but the land has been stolen from them since then. You asked where it is, and I showed you. Same as the Indian reservations here. They aren't on many maps, but they are legal entities and exist.

BucksforPaul
10-28-2011, 01:52 PM
Palestine does not exist! :rolleyes:

http://blog.chron.com/thepeacepastor/files/2011/06/Israel-Palestine_maps.jpg

low preference guy
10-28-2011, 01:53 PM
Is there something wrong with praying at the Western Wall? I know plenty of Christians who do that.

Do they do it for political purposes?

FrankRep
10-28-2011, 01:53 PM
+1 Herman Cain for being factually correct.

I'll give him that.

James Madison
10-28-2011, 01:55 PM

The body is now God's Temple. What's left in Jerusalem no longer has any significance to YHWH.

LawnWake
10-28-2011, 01:56 PM
Christians don't exist, there is no Christland.

>.>

specsaregood
10-28-2011, 01:57 PM
//

BucksforPaul
10-28-2011, 01:58 PM
Palestinians are Semites and denying them their right to exist is anti-Semitic.

Diurdi
10-28-2011, 02:00 PM
+1 Herman Cain for being factually correct.

I'll give him that.

Persians don't exist, there's no Persian Empire anymore.

(Persians are a group of people living in modern Iran)

heavenlyboy34
10-28-2011, 02:01 PM
Palestinians are Semites and denying them their right to exist is anti-Semitic.qft

Lafayette
10-28-2011, 02:04 PM
Why are Cain and McCain wearing yamikas? Did they convert to Judaism? No? Are they going to start wearing the star of David around their neck like Sarah Palin?

John F Kennedy III
10-28-2011, 02:20 PM
http://www.palestineremembered.com/Maps/New/JewishOwnedLandInPalestineAsOf1947.gif

/thread

John F Kennedy III
10-28-2011, 02:24 PM

This.

specsaregood
10-28-2011, 02:26 PM
Why are Cain and McCain wearing yamikas? Did they convert to Judaism? No? Are they going to start wearing the star of David around their neck like Sarah Palin?
You dont' have to be jewish to wear one. It is a sign of respect towards God, and pretty much customary to wear at jewish events.

John F Kennedy III
10-28-2011, 02:42 PM
I hereby request that we be allowed to +rep or -rep each individual post. Some people string together several +rep worthy posts and vice versa.

georgiaboy
10-28-2011, 02:52 PM
if they are not Palestinians, then what are they to be called? Israelis?

KingRobbStark
10-28-2011, 02:53 PM

FrankNegRep

Dr.3D
10-28-2011, 02:54 PM
The body is now God's Temple. What's left in Jerusalem no longer has any significance to YHWH.
Oh I agree, but what business do we have telling other "Christians" where they are supposed to pray? There are as many ways to worship God as there are denominations. I doubt any of them actually have a sound understanding of exactly how to philosophically interpret the scriptures.

Some say Sola Scriptura while others believe man can add his own traditions and customs to worshiping God. I for one won't attempt to argue with any of them because how I worship is between God and myself, as it should be for them as well.

Maybe they are right and I am incorrect when it comes to worshiping God, but that is a personal thing and not something others should try to regulate.

puppetmaster
10-28-2011, 02:57 PM

by your logic you say Americans don't exist either...?

Simple
10-28-2011, 04:01 PM
Palestine was a Roman province formerly known as Philistine. Biblical Philistine is modern day Gaza, but the Philistines were European so who are we talking about today?

James Madison
10-28-2011, 04:12 PM
Oh I agree, but what business do we have telling other "Christians" where they are supposed to pray? There are as many ways to worship God as there are denominations. I doubt any of them actually have a sound understanding of exactly how to philosophically interpret the scriptures.

Some say Sola Scriptura while others believe man can add his own traditions and customs to worshiping God. I for one won't attempt to argue with any of them because how I worship is between God and myself, as it should be for them as well.

Maybe they are right and I am incorrect when it comes to worshiping God, but that is a personal thing and not something others should try to regulate.

I'm not telling them how to pray. I just find it odd that Christians would choose to do so in this manner.

heavenlyboy34
10-28-2011, 04:28 PM
Don't know, but he/it likes to give -reps to people who simply disagree with him, as well as insult them. :P

heavenlyboy34
10-28-2011, 04:31 PM
qft

PierzStyx
10-28-2011, 04:32 PM

Incorrect. In 1947 the same act that made Israel a nation also recognized the parallel state of Palestine. Palestine is a state.

eduardo89
10-28-2011, 04:42 PM
Incorrect. In 1947 the same act that made Israel a nation also recognized the parallel state of Palestine. Palestine is a state.

This. Palestine does exist, but it is occupied by Israel.

eduardo89
10-28-2011, 04:46 PM
Only a political class harboring the illusion it can run the world obsesses over the aspirations of a tiny population on a tiny piece of land thousands of miles away. Remember, the UN initiated this persistent conflict with its 1947 Partition Plan.

-Ron Paul

COpatriot
10-28-2011, 05:15 PM
According to FrankRep and Herman Cain, None of the people to the left of the gun in this picture exist:
http://estrip.org/content/users/paul/0104/palestinian1.jpg
You didn't see that.

robert68
10-28-2011, 05:28 PM
Only a political class harboring the illusion it can run the world obsesses over the aspirations of a tiny population on a tiny piece of land thousands of miles away. Remember, the UN initiated this persistent conflict with its 1947 Partition Plan.

-Ron Paul

The “persistent conflict” was initiated long before 1947, most significantly after the British took over Palestine during WWI and then actively supported Zionist colonization with the policy of the Balfour Declaration of 1917.

AdamT
10-28-2011, 07:08 PM
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff189/adamtro/cainpizzawall.jpg

eduardo89
10-28-2011, 07:10 PM
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff189/adamtro/cainpizzawall.jpg

hahahah +1

COpatriot
10-28-2011, 08:10 PM
I wonder if ol' Herm ran into this guy while he was over there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX9Tk2TMA6Q&feature=related

Agorism
10-29-2011, 09:32 AM
Did Cain take the oath?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsWDcFiPo2s

Brett85
10-29-2011, 10:09 AM
I don't really see any problem with what Herman Cain said here. He was basically just saying that there shouldn't be a Palestinian state, and I tend to agree with him. With that said, I don't really believe that it's an issue that the United States government should be involved in. If Israel wants to give up more of their land to the Palestinians, they should be allowed to. If Israel doesn't want to give up any of their land, neither the United States nor the UN should try to force them or pressure them into giving up more of their land to the Palestinians.

SpiritOf1776_J4
10-29-2011, 12:42 PM
Joh 4:21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father. Joh 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
Joh 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

Joh 2:15 And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables;
Joh 2:16 And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise.
Joh 2:17 And his disciples remembered that it was written, The zeal of thine house hath eaten me up.
Joh 2:18 Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What sign shewest thou unto us, seeing that thou doest these things?
Joh 2:19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
Joh 2:20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
Joh 2:21 But he spake of the temple of his body.

Mat 24:1 And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.
Mat 24:2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
Mat 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

1Co 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

Eph 2:17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
Eph 2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
Eph 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
Eph 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
Eph 2:21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
Eph 2:22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

1Pe 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
1Pe 2:6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
1Pe 2:7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
1Pe 2:8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
1Pe 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
1Pe 2:10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

SpiritOf1776_J4
10-29-2011, 12:45 PM
Friend, it doesn't take but a smattering of Bible knowledge to see that some hate the brotherly love that has been given equally to ALL men through Christ Jesus, as the above verses attest. Some men do not like God's salvation plan.

To the church of Philadelphia, namesake of the city at the founding of our country and which means "brotherly love" when translated from the Greek.

Rev 3:7 And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth; Rev 3:8 I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.

Rev 3:9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

Rev 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth. Rev 3:11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

Rev 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.
Rev 3:13 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

COpatriot
10-29-2011, 01:22 PM
Thomas Jefferson

TO GENERAL ALEXANDER SMYTH MONTICELLO
January 17 1825

DEAR SIR,
I have duly received four proof sheets of your explanation of the Apocalypse with your letters of December 29th and January 8th; in the last of which you request that so soon as I shall be of opinion that the explanation you have given is correct I would express it in a letter to you. From this you must be so good as to excuse me because I make it an invariable rule to decline ever giving opinions on new publications in any case whatever. No man on earth has less taste or talent for criticism than myself and least and last of all should I undertake to criticise works on the Apocalypse. It is between fifty and sixty years since I read it and I then considered it as merely the ravings of a maniac no more worthy nor capable of explanation than the incoherences of our own nightly dreams. I was therefore well pleased to see in your first proof sheet that it was said to be not the production of St John but of Cerinthus a century after the death of that apostle. Yet the change of the author's name does not lessen the extravagances of the composition and come they from whomsoever they may I cannot so far respect them as to consider them as an allegorical narrative of events past or subsequent. There is not coherence enough in them to countenance any suite of rational ideas. You will judge therefore from this how impossible I think it that either your explanation or that of any man in the heavens above or on the earth beneath can be a correct one. What has no meaning admits no explanation and pardon me if I say with the candor of friendship that I think your time too valuable and your understanding of too high an order to be wasted on these paralogisms. You will perceive I hope also that I do not consider them as revelations of the Supreme Being whom I would not so far blaspheme as to impute to Him a pretension of revelation couched at the same time in terms which He would know were never to be understood by those to whom they were addressed. In the candor of these observations I hope you will see proofs of the confidence esteem and which I entertain for you.

The Writings of Thomas Jefferson By Thomas Jefferson, Andrew Adgate Lipscomb, Albert Ellery Bergh, Richard Holland Johnston, Thomas Jefferson memorial association of the United States

Johnny Appleseed
10-29-2011, 01:29 PM
I don't even think Jesus would kiss that wall...He tried to teach them how to live without them.

Voluntary Man
10-29-2011, 02:03 PM
doesn't this make Cain an anti-Semite?