PDA

View Full Version : http://www.teaparty07.com/, NO OTHERS, WE NEED TO FOCUS ON ONE DAY!

qwerty
11-06-2007, 02:55 AM
We need to focus on one day to beat CLINTON´S 6,2 million record!

Start spreading while the IRON IS HOT!

James R
11-06-2007, 02:58 AM
You realize how insulting this is to the November 11th fundraising campaign, who's campaign came first, right?

qwerty
11-06-2007, 03:00 AM
You realize how insulting this is to the November 11th fundraising campaign, who's campaign came first, right?

Insulting ? OMG!

Do you care how much we will shake America if we will break the all time fundraising record ?

This is not about insulting individuals, the key thing is WHAT´S BEST FOR THE CAMPAIGN!

literatim
11-06-2007, 03:02 AM
November 11th is kind of too close to really give it the kind of push we need. It also isn't enough time for previous donors to recharge.

qwerty
11-06-2007, 03:04 AM
It seems that several people are putting up now fundraising days, maybe only to get credit for themselves. This is all about the CAMPAIGN not the individuals!

We need to think, we need a month to promote next fundraising day to beat the Hillarys record!

rrcamp
11-06-2007, 03:04 AM

This is a free market for ideas. If the Nov 11th idea is better, it will win. Is it insulting to Motorola when the iPhone comes out later and does well?

Who cares, we're all on the same team.

Lord Xar
11-06-2007, 03:07 AM
perhaps coordination is best. Instead of coming up with "this day or else..." ideas, its probably a good idea to coordinate with the respective 'donation drive' coordinators and decide what is best... Not too much planing mind you, but is probably a good idea to at least get some nods...

This is the SAME atmosphere that was going on with the Nov5th... campaign, people started coming out and saying "DON'T wait DONATE NOW!!" etc.. and sorta, derailing things.

I ain't saying its bad.. I am saying, coordinate with the various efforst to some degree. My 2 cents.

Madison
11-06-2007, 03:10 AM
The Tea Party idea is the best, much better than Nov. 5 because it is an American event. Save up for December 16!

Ozwest
11-06-2007, 03:10 AM
I agree that the Boston tea party should be the focus of everyones attention. The Nov. 11th campaign follows too closely on the heels of everyone's recent effort. Also, justified or not, the Nov.11 campaign has the "aura" of being suggested as an alternative to the Nov. 5 effort... It would be a bonus if Trevor was involved with the Boston tea party drive, should he be interested, as he "has the runs on the board".

Richandler
11-06-2007, 03:11 AM
I think it's important that we focus on getting $1.8 million for at least the remainder of November! We can't give the media and excuse for one day wonder. $1.8 million for the rest of November puts us as $9 million before December and the tea party. If we can brew $6 million dollars with that date well have double the need for $12 Million and put us at $15 million

qwerty
11-06-2007, 03:13 AM
I think it's important that we focus on getting 1.8 for at least the remainder of November! We can't give the media and excuse for one day wonder. 1.8 million for the rest of November puts us as 9 million before December and the tea party.

I wouldn´t worry about it.

I´m sure that the news about 5th of nov will encourage new donors... ;)

Taco John
11-06-2007, 03:14 AM
Let's not piss on November 11th or others... We didn't like it when others were pissing on November 5th.

Besides, here's something to note... I put together a formula that accurately predicted how much money November 5th would bring in... Check it out if you don't believe me... I nailed it (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=31098). I've plugged the preliminary November 11th numbers into the formula, and right now we're looking at a $200k+ day.

That's not a bad haul at all.

Taco John
11-06-2007, 03:16 AM
Oh yeah, here's the "money post"

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=346680&postcount=43

qwerty
11-06-2007, 03:23 AM
Let's not piss on November 11th or others... We didn't like it when others were pissing on November 5th.

Besides, here's something to note... I put together a formula that accurately predicted how much money November 5th would bring in... Check it out if you don't believe me... I nailed it (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=31098). I've plugged the preliminary November 11th numbers into the formula, and right now we're looking at a $200k+ day.

That's not a bad haul at all.

I don´t piss on anyone.

I just want to give the GOP a lesson and beat HILLARYS RECORD on Dec 16th...

James R
11-06-2007, 03:24 AM
Insulting ? OMG!

Do you care how much we will shake America if we will break the all time fundraising record ?

This is not about insulting individuals, the key thing is WHAT´S BEST FOR THE CAMPAIGN!

The only thing you'll accomplish by saying "don't donate to Nov 11th", which is what you indirectly say when you say "no others", is get people angry. If you want to say "lets focus on Dec 16" then that is great and does not cause problems. If you want to say "don't donate money on Nov 11" then you are just causing problems.

You are just doing the negative advertising thing that politicians like to do. Sure it works, and it also turns people off and causes them to be apathetic, and simply not vote, or in this case, NOT DONATE. People can donate on Nov 11th if they want and you shouldn't try and stop them.

qwerty
11-06-2007, 03:26 AM
The only thing you'll accomplish by saying "don't donate to Nov 11th", which is what you indirectly say when you say "no others", is get people angry. If you want to say "lets focus on Dec 16" then that is great and does not cause problems. If you want to say "don't donate money on Nov 11" then you are just causing problems.

You are just doing the negative advertising thing that politicians like to do. Sure it works, and it also turns people off and causes them to be apathetic, and simply not vote, or in this case, NOT DONATE. People can donate on Nov 11th if they want and you shouldn't try and stop them.

I DON`T SAY THAT, DON`T DONATE!

I SAY DON`T START CREATING NEW DONATION DAY EFFORTS!

HUH ? :mad:

Pride
11-06-2007, 03:26 AM
What is this Boston tea party that everyone is talking about?
(I'm not American, so my history isn't the best!)

purplechoe
11-06-2007, 03:31 AM
What would be really cool is if just mostly the military people would donate on 11/11. That would make the neocons choke! It would make headlines and would be hard for the mmm to spin and smear since it would involve those in the military.

hard@work
11-06-2007, 03:34 AM
Insulting ? OMG!

I think this means "no I do not understand how insulted these people will be and I wouldn't care anyways".

:-/

Aside from basic psychology the economics behind 2 more boost days says we should do 2 more. Sorry.

qwerty
11-06-2007, 03:37 AM
I think this means "no I do not understand how insulted these people will be and I wouldn't care anyways".

:-/

Aside from basic psychology the economics behind 2 more boost days says we should do 2 more. Sorry.

Why you fail to see what NOV 5th meant to the campaing ?

Why you fail to see what would it mean if he actualy would beat Hillarys record on DEC 16th?

SPLITTING THE DONATIONS WILL NOT GIVE US ANY MEDIA COVERAGE!

:rolleyes:

Nefertiti
11-06-2007, 04:58 AM
What is this Boston tea party that everyone is talking about?
(I'm not American, so my history isn't the best!)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_Tea_Party

livinglegend
11-06-2007, 05:33 AM
I completely agree that we SHOULD choose one official moneybomb day in December. The campaign gets FREE PUBLICITY when we create one large day of donations.

The campaign has plenty of cash for immediate needs. Now what Dr. Paul really needs is name recognition and to be taken seriously. A planned moneybomb may cause some people to delay donating until December 16th, but it more than makes up for it because of the free press and respect the campaign gains.

Note, I am NOT saying the following:
- November 11th should be abandoned.
- Nobody should donate anything until December 16th.
- TeaParty07.com should be the official HQ of this effort.

But I do think an official day and website should be chosen for a December 16th effort. Particularly important in any website is the ability to collect peoples' email who pledge.

This is just my worthless two cents

qwerty
11-06-2007, 05:35 AM
I completely agree that we SHOULD choose one official moneybomb day in December. The campaign gets FREE PUBLICITY when we create one large day of donations.

The campaign has plenty of cash for immediate needs. Now what Dr. Paul really needs is name recognition and to be taken seriously. A planned moneybomb may cause some people to delay donating until December 16th, but it more than makes up for it because of the free press and respect the campaign gains.

But I do think an official day and website should be chosen for a December 16th effort. Particularly important in any website is the ability to collect peoples' email who pledge.

EXACTLY!

tfelice
11-06-2007, 05:53 AM
You know the old phrase "too many cooks in the kitchen spoil the broth"? I see that happening over here now. Since 11/5 was a success, everyone and their mother now has their own ideas for the next money bomb.

Someone came up with the teaparty07 idea a couple of weeks ago, people seemed to like it, so the groundwork was done. While others can come up with their thoughts and take on the workload, the best means to decide where the efforts should be placed is to put it to a vote and see what the majority thinks. If it's teaparty then so be it.

Remember this is about fundraising for Ron Paul, not about being able to pat yourself on the back because you came up with an idea. This is the hub of activities, pick and idea, reach a consensus, pick some people to manage the project and run with it. 100 people playing Sim Campaign Manager each with their own little project is pointless.

Edit: Looks like a poll has been done. 70+% for teaparty so just get it done and don't fret because your idea wasn't popular.

qwerty
11-06-2007, 05:54 AM
You know the old phrase "too many cooks in the kitchen spoil the broth"? I see that happening over here now. Since 11/5 was a success, everyone and their mother now has their own ideas for the next money bomb.

Someone came up with the teaparty07 idea a couple of weeks ago, people seemed to like it, so the groundwork was done. While others can come up with their thoughts and take on the workload, the best means to decide where the efforts should be placed is to put it to a vote and see what the majority thinks. If it's teaparty then so be it.

Remember this is about fundraising for Ron Paul, not about being able to pat yourself on the back because you came up with an idea. This is the hub of activities, pick and idea, reach a consensus, pick some people to manage the project and run with it. 100 people playing Sim Campaign Manager each with their own little project is pointless.

EXACTLY!

LibertyRevolution
11-06-2007, 08:10 AM
Personally I wont be donating on nov 11th. I cant afford it, its too close, and my money will be invested in my trip to the Philly rally this weekend. I hope that all the Vets pull out there $100 for the 11th to make up for my shortfall. On a brighter note, by Dec 16th I will have my $100+ no problem.

USAFCapt
11-06-2007, 08:16 AM
I'm in for December 16th!

wsc321
11-06-2007, 08:17 AM
I'm all for the Dec 16th Tea Party Money Bomb. I believe we might even be able to double what we did on the 5th...

The timing sounds good, the theme is great, etc, etc.

werdd
11-06-2007, 08:18 AM
i signed up for the teaparty, i think its a much more powerful date than even november 5th.

Ron Paul Fan
11-06-2007, 08:19 AM
Another great idea. People can donate on the 11th if they choose. I think another mini bomb would be great on that day if people can afford it after yesterday. But this Tea Party idea is one that we can all save up for so I'm on board, no pun intended! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Anyway, let's go for $5 million in one day!!!!!!!

LBT
11-06-2007, 08:21 AM
All credit to the Nov 11 guys. I hope it is a good money bomb, but the timing is a bit out and the message does not seem to have the inspiration that Nov5th has or the Boston tea paty date has.

I think we can get tens of millions in publicity from a mega Boston Tea Party bomb. So that is where I think our main energies should be targeted.

LBT
11-06-2007, 08:25 AM
Another great idea. People can donate on the 11th if they choose. I think another mini bomb would be great on that day if people can afford it after yesterday. But this Tea Party idea is one that we can all save up for so I'm on board, no pun intended! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Anyway, let's go for $5 million in one day!!!!!!!
I've cringed at over estimates in the past, but the Boston Tea Party will surpass $10 mill I am confident. It will break all short term fundraising records.

We've learned a lot from the Nov5 campaign. The Boston Tea Party will be bigger and better and with a doubled, if not tripled supporter base pumping it along.

Update Edit: We are likely to get Ron Paul on 3+ major national TV programs, plus 10+ major media mentions of this bomb before the Boston Tea Party Bomb promoting the event before it happens. At least 5 times the exposure this Nov5 bomb had is a conservative estimate.

Ron Paul Fan
11-06-2007, 08:28 AM
I've cringed at over estimates in the past, but the Boston Tea Party will surpass $10 mill I am confident. It will break all short term fundraising records.

We've learned a lot from the Nov5 campaign. The Boston Tea Party will be bigger and better and with a doubled, if not tripled supporter base pumping it along.

Before yesterday I would have laughed at $10 million, but now I'm not so sure! I was shocked November the 5th was so big so $10 million doesn't sound like such a stretch any longer! I also think the symbolism of the day will mean more to people than November 5th and more people will get on board, no pun intended! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Yes, I used that joke twice!

Mandrik
11-06-2007, 08:29 AM
Since I only did $40 on the 5th, I plan to do $150-$200 for the 16th. That's plenty of time to raise money. People are encouraged to donate any day between now and the 16th, especially on the 11th. I know I won't be donating on the 11th, but that is only because I'll be spending that money in Philly on the 10th.

Meatwasp
11-06-2007, 08:29 AM
I will be donating to the 11th. It would be great for our service men and women. I like the 16 tea party too

Andrew76
11-06-2007, 08:34 AM
I think both days, Nov. 11th, and Dec. 16th have their advantages. Me personally, I'm leaning towards Dec. 16th, because a) I need to save up some loot, b) It's another "rebellious" holiday ;) and c) It puts some distance in between this most recent push and the next one. However, people should be encouraged to donate on whichever day they see fit, like, today for example.

K1RBY
11-06-2007, 08:51 AM
we can make the 10M happen on Dec. 16th ...i will be ready to drop another $500 by then.
TEAPARTY07!

...sounds good....

K1RBY
11-06-2007, 08:55 AM
the website needs some serious help...
if you want the teaparty07 to have max impact, the website needs to be done today, to take advantage of all the people reading the press, and that want to get onboard for the next one.

dsentell
11-06-2007, 09:03 AM

Boy, isn't that the truth! I was listening to ronpaulradio last night and someone suggested a money bomb EVERY MONDAY. Money bombs are a good thing, let's not render them meaningless.

I love the Tea Party idea and will also contribute on Nov. 11!

GHoeberX
11-06-2007, 09:10 AM
I agree with topicstarter. It's better to focus on one day and to at least break the 5th November record; the Boston Tea Party is by far the most popular.

Vote here, so we can have a consensus about this: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=32380

Thurston Howell III
11-06-2007, 09:12 AM
I thought the deal was we'd all do the 5th and all do the 11th Vererens Day. I'm sorry but, to me, I see at this as you kids welching on your deal. You didn't think 11th was a bad day when trying to get us to go along with the 5th. It's only five days away, can't you promote it before an event over a month in the future?

This is what happens to politicians too, they get all full of themselves and start getting totalitarian.

Good luck, you're going to need it.

dj191
11-06-2007, 09:12 AM

I'm with you 100%....that will also leave 2 weeks for a final surge on Dec30th.

jnpg
11-06-2007, 09:15 AM
Dec 16 is the day for the all out record breaking mother.
List your excess stuff on ebay- buy a less crap on Black Friday- do a name exchange for Christmas instead of buying something for everyone (who probably doesn't need a thing in the world anyway).

Let's do 10 mil.

dircha
11-06-2007, 09:15 AM
I think you need to consider a website URL with the date in its name such as thisnovember5th.com; consider thisdecember16th.com.

That is a big part of how people associated the importance of donating with the single day event.

dircha
11-06-2007, 09:16 AM
Also, if you start promoting it TOO soon, you risk running out of steam.

Don't start promoting it until we have a great website and 2+ great professional quality videos.

Severius
11-06-2007, 10:20 AM
I agree that we should focus on December 16th. However I'm also donating on the 11th. I'm going to save up a little every paycheck from now till 16 to donate, and I think we should really push the date. I think the Boston Tea Party theme can do even better than November 5th, we just need to focus our efforts on it. That doesn't mean "don't donate at all until December 16th" though.

rich34
11-06-2007, 10:30 AM
What about Christmas? Give a present to Ron Paul anybody? :-)

jake
11-06-2007, 10:34 AM
Dec. 16th is a good target to try to shatter records (theres enough time for people to recoup from this 5th and time to get new people on board)

Chaos Unlimited
11-06-2007, 10:38 AM
The Boston Tea Party needs to be much more than a money bomb. We need the meetup groups to organize tax revolts all over the country - with an especially huge revolt in Boston. This will take a month of organization and promo.

We need to show up in person in mass numbers. We need to show our faces. We need photos in the paper, not just numbers.

We need an organizer at every college in Boston and all the big universities across the country.

brandon
11-06-2007, 10:42 AM
Dont have time to read the whole thread, but I am 100% behind teaparty. Lets break all records on that day. 10 million in that day, for real this time.

brandon
11-06-2007, 10:44 AM
I think you need to consider a website URL with the date in its name such as thisnovember5th.com; consider thisdecember16th.com.

That is a big part of how people associated the importance of donating with the single day event.

agreed x 1000

amonasro
11-06-2007, 10:45 AM
What about Christmas? Give a present to Ron Paul anybody? :-)

I thought this was a good idea at first, but everyone's going to be visiting family and traveling. I know I probably won't get to a computer on Xmas Eve or Day. I like the 16th better. It's just enough time before everyone starts gearing up and doing last-minute shopping.

brandon
11-06-2007, 10:45 AM
remember, remember the 16th of december

jmdrake
11-06-2007, 10:48 AM
I agree that the Boston tea party should be the focus of everyones attention. The Nov. 11th campaign follows too closely on the heels of everyone's recent effort. Also, justified or not, the Nov.11 campaign has the "aura" of being suggested as an alternative to the Nov. 5 effort... It would be a bonus if Trevor was involved with the Boston tea party drive, should he be interested, as he "has the runs on the board".

So? Personally I didn't give on Nov 5 though I'm glad for the success of it. Nov 11th will take in people like me. I don't need to "recharge". Actually Nov 5th was too close to my last donation. And I'm no fan of Guy Fawkes. (Had he been successful the King James version of the Bible might have never been written.) I didn't speak out against Nov 5th because I don't want to discourage anyone's idea that will help the campaign. Also we can't take the eye of the real goal, that's raising 12 million (or more) for the quarter. I'll donate both on the 11th and the December 16th date. I like what the teaparty folks themselves are saying on the issue.

Please visit www.ronpaul2008.com

Site under construction - please check http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=28407

Can't wait for this site to go live? Join the other Money Pledges going on right now:

This November 5th - www.thisnovember5th.com

This November 11th - www.thisnovember11th.com

The Ron Paul Money Bomb - www.ronpaulmoneybomb.com

We need to be encouraging people to donate, not discouraging just because we want to support one day over the other.

Regards,

John M. Drake

reduen
11-06-2007, 10:50 AM
Teaparty is great for me also!!:)

tmg19103
11-06-2007, 10:52 AM
the website needs some serious help...
if you want the teaparty07 to have max impact, the website needs to be done today, to take advantage of all the people reading the press, and that want to get onboard for the next one.

We neeed an improved, cutting edge site. The Nov. 5th site really drew you in when you first saw it.

jrich4rpaul
11-06-2007, 10:59 AM
Even if the 11th happens, we'd have over a month to promote the Tea Party.

The Tea Party would be the record-breaker. This would be the one we go all in, and build up as much as we possibly can. If we can break every other candidate's record, we're golden. That should be our goal.

Gimme Some Truth
11-06-2007, 11:00 AM
We neeed an improved, cutting edge site. The Nov. 5th site really drew you in when you first saw it.

aye

Strom
11-06-2007, 11:28 AM
Money bombs EVERY DAY!!! :D

Actually, I think I'll donate to both the Veteran's Day and Boston Tea Party money bombs. I already pledged a donation to the first, and the second is a good idea as well. :)

hard@work
11-06-2007, 04:10 PM
Thankfully the 11th will continue and is getting a good boost despite the misguided efforts of the original poster. Man the ideas people champion sometime are mindboggling.