PDA

View Full Version : Is This the 'Age of Ron Paul'?

bobbyw24
10-28-2011, 04:54 AM
This is a rush transcript from "Special Report," October 26, 2011. This copy may not be in its final form and may be updated.

BRET BAIER, ANCHOR: Joining us tonight in our "Center Seat" feature, Republican presidential candidate and Texas congressman Ron Paul. Congressman, thanks for being here.

RON PAUL, R - PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE: Thank you for having me.

BAIER: We have started this, looking at the position of our "Center Seat" guest. We have a new Fox News poll out today. And you take a look at this. You are at nine percent in this new national poll. And you see Cain, Romney, Gingrich, and Perry there. A new CNN/Time poll in New Hampshire has you in third, at 12 percent. And the same organizations in Iowa have you at third in 12 percent. What do you see as your path to the Republican nomination? What do you have to do in these early states?

PAUL: Well, you know, a lot of individuals come and go in these polls, up and down. And my support has been pretty steady and continues to grow. So I have to continue to do what I'm doing, moreso. And we're very pleased with it. We raised the money that we need. I need to be out there campaigning. We do our television.

But we have to do well. We have directed most of our attention to New Hampshire and Iowa and Nevada, you know, the early states. But I would say that come January it will be make or break for us. There's no doubt.

BAIER: You have just raised $2.5 million on this money bomb and you have done this a few times. But this one specifically points to what organizations that are tied to your campaign black this out say is unfair media coverage. And the quote is "You are trying to control the outcome of this election" -- "directed towards the media -- and will never cover in a fair, reasonable, and journalistic manner, the only candidate to beat Obama. So we have resolved to counter your efforts." And you raised a lot of money. Do you believe you are getting unfair treatment in the media?

PAUL: I don't know, I think at times it's distorted. But I don't know if I want to use the word "unfair," because I know how the media works. I mean there's one thing when I essentially tied, you know, in Iowa for the Ames straw vote. I mean it was barely mentioned. Sometimes it would be mentioned, oh they know who is in, first, and third and fourth. So the supporters don't have anything to go by on that.

BAIER: Tell me about it.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/special-report/2011/10/27/age-ron-paul#ixzz1c4Zr0lJO

frag4yourlife
10-28-2011, 06:22 AM
so RP just said we'll know by January on whether he is going to win or not