PDA

View Full Version : It Sickens Me How The Media / Government Has Us Hating Other Cultures / Groups of People

AGRP
10-27-2011, 09:01 PM
If someone didnt go outside and listened to gov/corporate news such as Fox News all day they would think every Muslim they run into wants to kill them. They would think that every Chinese person is liable to go to war with them. They would think that every Mexican will steal their job. I have never met any person from the aforementioned groups who wanted to do me harm. If anything they are very nice people. People are not the enemy. These people are just like you and I. It sickens me how our governments and not the people are responsible for so much harm.

ibaghdadi
10-28-2011, 02:51 AM
I have at least one person freaking out on me on Twitter every day, due to the generous groundwork laid by Fox and their ilk.

Far-right people believe that I'm a minion of the Antichrist (or an Alqaeda operative), and that if they enter a discussion with me, I'll lie my ass off, and somehow cast a spell on them to make them not hate my guts.

Far-left people believe that I'm a minion of the Antichrist (or an Alqaeda operative implementing a CIA plan) and that everything I mention about liberty is a clever ruse because I'm actually a hypocrite.

And between the two extremes there's a troll at each stop who looks at me as a bunch of media-fed stereotypes.

It's tough being a libertarian Muslim.

Imaginos
10-28-2011, 04:44 AM
Tyrants/rulers throughout the history always needed 'DRAGONS' to slay.
And throughout the history, media always play the role of propaganda outlet for those tyrants/rulers.
Targeting/focusing hate/phobia for one group of people has been always a great tool to unite the sheeple under the banner such as 'patriotism' 'holy religious conquest' and etc. etc.
The sheeple would do many stupid things if they were served the package/plate in the name of 'patriotism', 'holy religious conquest', blah blah blah ***ism, etc. etc.
I say, let's just cut to the chase.
Our masters should stop wasting our time and just start war with China, Russia, Iran, Japan, France, India, Canada, and 100+ other countries.
The bottom line is, we the sheeple, need World War III to serve our masters in the Military Industrial Complex.

asurfaholic
10-28-2011, 04:51 AM
If someone didnt go outside and listened to gov/corporate news such as Fox News all day they would think every Muslim they run into wants to kill them. They would think that every Chinese person is liable to go to war with them. They would think that every Mexican will steal their job. I have never met any person from the aforementioned groups who wanted to do me harm. If anything they are very nice people. People are not the enemy. These people are just like you and I. It sickens me how our governments and not the people are responsible for so much harm.

I totally agreel Great post. it is sickening and depressing. Some people (fortunate enough to still have a conscious after all the bloodshed) HATE to see people die and suffer. Being a citizen of this nation makes me feel like I am just as guilty as those who are operating our drones, flying our jets, giving the orders. I want the wars to stop. That is my issue. What gets me is where I have learned about WHY the wars continue, I am disappointed because of the deep root of tyranny. Those with money and power are the absolute kings, and I don't think there is anything that I can do that will significantly change things. I pray for Ron Paul daily, but I also remember that Ron Paul is just a man. I am certain God has a plan for him, maybe he has already done his job. I need to remember to trust that God is in control in the end, and only HE can "save" us from the evil that is on this earth. It is still my prayer that God puts a decent man like Ron Paul in the presidency so people can have another chance to see where good and evil contrast.

Imaginos
10-28-2011, 05:12 AM
I had a conversation with a christian the other day.
To make a long story short, regarding our foreign policy, he said something along the line of, "I know it's not a good thing to bomb/fight wars over there but we have to do that to preserve our power".
That sounds like morally wrong to the ears of this 'not so religious' sinner, but what do I know?
I don't support bombing or killing yet since I don't belong to religious majority (i.e. Christianity) I must be morally inferior to those holier than thou crowd.
Ladies and gentlemen, that's what it counts as 'morality'.
Bombing is ok.
Killing is ok.
But having doubt about mainstream religious hegemony is NOT ok and morally suspicious.
I guess I will forever remain as morally suspicious one/sinner although I live a life style that is more conservative than 99.99% of population.

Miss Annie
10-28-2011, 05:28 AM
I totally agreel Great post. it is sickening and depressing. Some people (fortunate enough to still have a conscious after all the bloodshed) HATE to see people die and suffer. Being a citizen of this nation makes me feel like I am just as guilty as those who are operating our drones, flying our jets, giving the orders. I want the wars to stop. That is my issue. What gets me is where I have learned about WHY the wars continue, I am disappointed because of the deep root of tyranny. Those with money and power are the absolute kings, and I don't think there is anything that I can do that will significantly change things. I pray for Ron Paul daily, but I also remember that Ron Paul is just a man. I am certain God has a plan for him, maybe he has already done his job. I need to remember to trust that God is in control in the end, and only HE can "save" us from the evil that is on this earth. It is still my prayer that God puts a decent man like Ron Paul in the presidency so people can have another chance to see where good and evil contrast.

Thank you, that was so well said! I pray for Ron Paul daily too. I also pray that I don't succumb to the hate and fear that is all around us. I don't get the warm and fuzzies when I see a picture of the current president. I have to try very hard not to let fear take me over every day because I have 3 children and I don't want them under the 4th Reich. But like you said, I MUST remember that God is in control and whatever happens is in His hands. Can you imagine though, for a minute, the power that would be behind the people if we were all united? But they know that, so they is why they seek to divide and conquer. The current class warfare that is being pushed by propaganda right now is a perfect example.

moostraks
10-28-2011, 07:53 AM
I had a conversation with a christian the other day.
To make a long story short, regarding our foreign policy, he said something along the line of, "I know it's not a good thing to bomb/fight wars over there but we have to do that to preserve our power".
That sounds like morally wrong to the ears of this 'not so religious' sinner, but what do I know?
I don't support bombing or killing yet since I don't belong to religious majority (i.e. Christianity) I must be morally inferior to those holier than thou crowd.
Ladies and gentlemen, that's what it counts as 'morality'.
Bombing is ok.
Killing is ok.
But having doubt about mainstream religious hegemony is NOT ok and morally suspicious.
I guess I will forever remain as morally suspicious one/sinner although I live a life style that is more conservative than 99.99% of population.

Sorry about your experience. Sounds like you had a conversation with a person who claims to be Christian. I could call myself a horse but that doesn't make me one. If we were to agree that the title Christian applies to someone who embodies the values of Jesus, then it would stand to reason that this time of mentality does not validate the claim by this person they are indeed a Christian. I find there are often more true followers of Jesus outside the religion.

Johnny Appleseed
10-28-2011, 07:59 AM
The cure for all your media problems is to unplug your tv.

georgiaboy
10-28-2011, 08:26 AM
agree. Maybe I'm overly sensitive because I are one, but the media also tends to portray us Christians as unenlightened hicks living in a fairytale land, stuck in the 14th century, or the chief child molesters and adulterers of our time, or all of the above.

In fact, I remember thinking that's exactly what Christians were for years until I started looking around a bit beyond my media-filled preconceptions.

The RP campaign showed me a whole new side to the media I didn't really think existed, an overtly sinister side.

I'm sure there's a good proverb about being careful who you listen to and who you allow to influence you. yep.

AGRP
10-28-2011, 09:15 AM
I have at least one person freaking out on me on Twitter every day, due to the generous groundwork laid by Fox and their ilk.

Far-right people believe that I'm a minion of the Antichrist (or an Alqaeda operative), and that if they enter a discussion with me, I'll lie my ass off, and somehow cast a spell on them to make them not hate my guts.

Far-left people believe that I'm a minion of the Antichrist (or an Alqaeda operative implementing a CIA plan) and that everything I mention about liberty is a clever ruse because I'm actually a hypocrite.

And between the two extremes there's a troll at each stop who looks at me as a bunch of media-fed stereotypes.

It's tough being a libertarian Muslim.

Thats exactly what corporate/state news wants. A FB person was ranting about having Halal meat available at various supermarkets the other day and she mentioned how theres Muslims at her Walmart and said something to the tone that it made her uncomfortable. Im not making this up. People are being brainwashed to think this way. Im not asking to worship or honor everyone who is from another culture (like progressives do), but can we not respect others who are different as fellow human beings?