PDA

View Full Version : Chairman's Conspiracy Against a Ron Paul Supporter?

knarf
10-27-2011, 07:22 PM
At 1:44 PM Wednesday October 26th I, Brian Frank, received a forwarded email from a member of the Cherokee County GOP letting me know about the Nov. 12, 2011 debate at Wofford College. This email was sent to this person at 12:55 PM. The tickets are given out on a first come, first serve basis. The email originally came from the Cherokee County Chairman, Steven Blanton. I thought is was pretty weird that I wasn't included in this email that he sent out, as I am included on every other email he sends out because I am a paid member of the county GOP. The email had directions on how to request tickets to the debate. I immediately clicked the link and requested my 4 tickets. I then copied the email and sent it out to my contact list of like minded people.
I finally received an email from Steven Blanton at 4:50 PM, 4 hours 5 minutes later that day. Now I was pretty upset! It seemed to me that I was purposely being excluded from his email because I am a known Ron Paul supporter, and also because he knew I would let all my fellow like minded Ron Paul supporters know about this. I called Steven about this at 5:30 PM and asked him why I was excluded in the mass email. He told me that the email addresses he sent out at 12:55 was from memory and the email he sent me came from a list. I don't buy that crap! I think that he is either controlled by people with large pockets or he hates liberty minded people that support Ron Paul. This is all just my opinion. The email is below and I would like your thoughts. Is Steven Blanton against Ron Paul, Liberty, or his dog ate my email address?

Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2011 12:55 PM
Subject: GET FREE TICKETS TODAY: Republican Presidential Debate at WOFFORD COLLEGE

As a proud Wofford Graduate, I write with excitement that Wofford College will host a debate aired live on CBS, November 12 at 8:00pm ET. I hope you will consider attending this local and historical event.

There are a limited number of seats available, so please act now to ensure that you get tickets to this debate! Follow the link below to place your order. The preference for ticketing is first-come, first-served.
http://www.scgop.com/debate/

If you have any questions, please contact me directly.

Thanks,
Steven C. Blanton, Jr.
Chairman
Cherokee County Republican Party
Post Office Box 2282
Gaffney, SC 29342

www.cherokeegop.org

http://www.wofford.edu/debate/

Brian Frank

864-425-1161
Save 30%-75% on Prescription drugs, to Print your savings card, goto http://Drugsreduced.com
"For peace of mind in hard economic times"
http://PatriotsHelpingPatriots.com
I was talking to my Stock Broker on Friday. I asked him "What should I buy?" He told me "Efoods Global and ammo" Well, there you have it. Maybe you should too!

bluesc
10-27-2011, 07:27 PM
Wouldn't be surprised. This is CBS, arguably the most openly biased against Ron, and it's a foreign policy debate. It will be a huge hit piece against Ron. We need to fill the place one way or another.

knarf
10-27-2011, 08:01 PM
Wouldn't be surprised. This is CBS, arguably the most openly biased against Ron, and it's a foreign policy debate. It will be a huge hit piece against Ron. We need to fill the place one way or another.
WE WILL, I think I helped make sure of that!

knarf
10-28-2011, 02:21 AM
crazy, huh?

FrankRep
10-28-2011, 02:27 AM
Do you know any Ron Paul supporters who did get the first email?

knarf
10-28-2011, 02:48 PM
Do you know any Ron Paul supporters who did get the first email?

not one

Bosco Warden
10-28-2011, 02:57 PM
This was typical in 08

georgiaboy
10-28-2011, 03:20 PM
Be careful with how you treat this situation. In general, give people the benefit of the doubt when they tell you that it was a mere oversight. No need to get a bunch of feathers ruffled if the guy is telling you his true motivation for his actions.

That said, do you have any reason to suspect his excuse? Any actions he's taken in the past that reflect similar games? Unless there's a previous pattern that's been made public to the county officers, I'd tread lightly and be forgiving about it, but also make sure to make it known that in the future you expect better.

Definitely you should respectfully let the county executive committee know about this so it gets documented and kept for future reference if similar things happen. It's vitally important for all paying members to get equal treatment for these kinds of opportunities. The guy could've waited until he had the official list before sending out the first email so as to avoid this, no matter if he was trying to get the ball rolling quickly. He and the other committee members need to know this and understand the subtle message they may be inadvertently sending to upstanding Republicans.

Especially since this is first come first serve, giving everyone an equal chance to know about this at the same time only seems fair. Letting some know ahead of others could obviously be painted as preferential to put it mildly, downright sinister, especially for an event of this magnitude, and especially given the general treatment that RP supporters have been given in the GOP nationwide. Nonetheless, you should stick to your specific experience with these specific folks.

Lastly, be sure and let other counties in the state know about this so they can get tix also (from your posts it looks like you're way ahead of me on this one).

gerryb
10-28-2011, 03:49 PM
His explanation is reasonable.

If he wanted to exclude you, why did you get it at all? I would not have sent it and said the interwebs ate it...