PDA

View Full Version : On Those Syrian 'Protestors' and Turkey: War is Coming Soon

Anti Federalist
10-27-2011, 07:15 PM
On Those Syrian 'Protestors' and Turkey: War is Coming Soon

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/97639.html

Posted by Daniel McAdams on October 27, 2011 03:47 PM

Hundreds of Syrian army and police forces have been killed by the much-vaunted "unarmed democracy protestors," a fact almost completely ignored by the US press. Instead, US media outlets, even some alternative and antiwar sites, focus exclusively on uncorroborated atrocity reports from the rebels themselves (exactly as they did in Libya), which logically should be considered suspect. We now see that those reports coming out of Libya were out and out lies.

Turkey, the US and Israel's best friend in the Middle East, has been for months nurturing and arming the forces seeking to overthrow the Syrian regime. Now Turkey has virtually declared war on Syria by agreeing to house and protect the "Free Syrian Army" on Turkish soil. Some may tire of these analogies, but how would the Obama administration -- or any administration -- react if Mexico were harboring armed insurgents crossing the border to murder federal agents in Texas?

The US has recalled Robert Ford, its ambassador to Damascus, citing fears for his safety. His open assistance to those seeking to overthrow the Syrian government has infuriated the local population. Last month he was pelted by citizens on the street with tomatoes as he left yet another meeting with the insurgents. A US overthrow is not wanted.

It is clear that the US and NATO means to overthrow the Syrian regime, which is the last speed bump on the road to Tehran and a general Mideast war. That means Israel as well. Does it mean nuclear war? Can anyone halt this runaway train?

BattleFlag1776
10-27-2011, 07:34 PM
Sounds to me like Turkey still remembers what it was like to rule that part of the world (Ottoman Turks, anyone?). It has been, after all, less than a century since that happened.

Sjmfury
10-27-2011, 08:50 PM
**** Syria, I hope Turkey wipes the Floor with them.

bluesc
10-27-2011, 08:53 PM

Dude, you should want the war to be avoided.

The US has recalled Robert Ford, its ambassador to Damascus, citing fears for his safety. His open assistance to those seeking to overthrow the Syrian government has infuriated the local population. Last month he was pelted by citizens on the street with tomatoes as he left yet another meeting with the insurgents. A US overthrow is not wanted.

Stinks of blowback waiting to happen.

Sjmfury
10-27-2011, 08:55 PM
When did I say US? I said Turkey.

bluesc
10-27-2011, 08:59 PM

You think the US had nothing to do with every single previous war the in the Middle East? You think the citizens of those Countries didn't know? Why do you think the US is so hated?

The US has been trying to overthrow the Government, the US is and has been backing Turkey, the US has been supporting Turkey through the EU. If this breaks out, do not doubt for a second that the US will be hated even further.

phill4paul
10-27-2011, 09:14 PM
Only one more of the seven. Go to 2:37. There's a few more to predict with absolute certainty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha1rEhovONU

pcosmar
10-27-2011, 09:33 PM

I hope Syria shoves Kurds up their ass.

The US screwed the Kurds so badly I hope they remember who their friends aren't.

juleswin
10-27-2011, 10:11 PM

Turkey = US proxy. US have their puppet colonies around the world ready to cause havoc on command. Dont be a fool now

moderate libertarian
10-27-2011, 10:16 PM
War lobbies/Obama masters would have succeeded in starting that new war but Russia and China put their foot down, it is less likely now.

BattleFlag1776
10-27-2011, 10:23 PM
You think the US had nothing to do with every single previous war the in the Middle East? You think the citizens of those Countries didn't know? Why do you think the US is so hated?

The US has been trying to overthrow the Government, the US is and has been backing Turkey, the US has been supporting Turkey through the EU. If this breaks out, do not doubt for a second that the US will be hated even further.

Actually this part of the world exists largely due to the British (British Mandate for Palestine) and the French (French Mandate of Syria and Lebanon) as a result of the Allies victory over the Turks (Ottoman Empire) during WWI. The US had little to do with it at all. While I don’t disagree that the whole mess stinks, I’m not so naïve as to think that the Turks have any notion of rebuilding their empire by taking a back seat to America. Remember their view of history:

1. What was the Allies’ (Brits via Arab Revolt) final objective that broke the Ottoman Empire’s hold on Arabia? Damascus.
2. What city did T. E. Lawrence want to be the capital of the new “Arab State?” Damascus.
3. Which city did the Brits resent having to leave at the end of WWI in accordance with the partitioning of the Ottoman Empire? Damascus.
4. During WWII, what city did the Brits throw the French out of to keep it from being sacked by the same French? Damascus.

And the capital of Syria is…Damascus, which I’m confident Turkey wants all for itself. After all, he who controls Damascus controls Lebanon and after that, with a little ambition, and the skirting of Israel: Aqaba. And it begins again.

bluesc
10-27-2011, 10:30 PM
Actually this part of the world exists largely due to the British (British Mandate for Palestine) and the French (French Mandate of Syria and Lebanon) as a result of the Allies victory over the Turks (Ottoman Empire) during WWI. The US had little to do with it at all. While I don’t disagree that the whole mess stinks, I’m not so naïve as to think that the Turks have any notion of rebuilding their empire by taking a back seat to America. Remember their view of history:

1. What was the Allies’ (Brits via Arab Revolt) final objective that broke the Ottoman Empire’s hold on Arabia? Damascus.
2. What city did T. E. Lawrence want to be the capital of the new “Arab State?” Damascus.
3. Which city did the Brits resent having to leave at the end of WWI in accordance with the partitioning of the Ottoman Empire? Damascus.
4. During WWII, what city did the Brits throw the French out of to keep it from being sacked by the same French? Damascus.

And the capital of Syria is…Damascus, which I’m confident Turkey wants all for itself. After all, he who controls Damascus controls Lebanon and after that, with a little ambition, and the skirting of Israel: Aqaba. And it begins again.

Oh you know I was talking about recent history. European interests have always been in the Middle East, but the US controls it now. Wars have been raging in the Middle East since before the Europeans first settled in the New World.

There always has been and always will be war there, the only difference is that since the 50's it has primarily been fueled by the US.

pcosmar
10-27-2011, 10:41 PM
but the US controls it now.

Correction. The Banking Cartel that owns the US controls it now.
You don't really believe that any of the functionaries in Wash DC act on their own accord do you?

cindy25
10-27-2011, 10:41 PM
Turkey is the country that invented genocide (against its Armenian population) ; Turkey was the inspiration for the Holocaust according to Hitler himself.

bluesc
10-27-2011, 10:49 PM
Correction. The Banking Cartel that owns the US controls it now.
You don't really believe that any of the functionaries in Wash DC act on their own accord do you?

I prefer keeping it short as opposed to typing out "the banking cartel that owns Washington DC and by extension the entire US"

BattleFlag1776
10-27-2011, 10:56 PM
Oh you know I was talking about recent history. European interests have always been in the Middle East, but the US controls it now. Wars have been raging in the Middle East since before the Europeans first settled in the New World.

There always has been and always will be war there, the only difference is that since the 50's it has primarily been fueled by the US.

Touché. I know that you know. Just trying to shed a little light for the others. :)

Warrior_of_Freedom
10-28-2011, 12:58 AM
Dude, you should want the war to be avoided.

Stinks of blowback waiting to happen.
Oh no, Killer Tomatoes!

Demigod
10-28-2011, 01:41 AM

There is no such thing as ONE Europe and there newer will be.

There will be an imperialistic,back stabbing,genocidal Europe aka Western Europe and everyone else :D .
You will newer see Polish or Czech or Austrian planes bombing for NATO or being attacked by terrorists.

Its not in Europe`s interest to be in the Middle East its France and the UK who want to be there.They still think that they are colonial powers and are big players in the world scene.

Half of the EU countries dont even want to be in the EU,there is simply no choice.

ibaghdadi
10-28-2011, 01:56 AM
Sorry, really sorry, but some of you guys at RPF have been absolutely terrible on the Arab Spring.

According to official figures, at least 3000 Syrians have been killed by their government so far. Our private sources are sure the figure is 5000 at least. And here's an article, on LewRockwell.com too, that swallows the official Syrian regime version, hook, line, and sinker.

Is it so hard to understand that revolution is actually possible? I've lost many friends this year, and I regularly have to check if someone who stopped talking has stopped talking because he's dead. They didn't give up their lives for Turkey or Russia or the United States or the big banks. They did it for liberty.

Before passing judgement half a globe away, try to imagine how it is to live under a real tyranny.