PDA

View Full Version : We need a ChipIn for advertising

lucent
10-27-2011, 06:48 PM
Anyone with standing on the forum want to volunteer?

LibertyAirwaves
10-28-2011, 09:54 AM
What type of advertising? Do we have an ad?

I offered to run a 30 second tv ad promoting the moneybomb if someone with a video background could build a :30 ad and coordinate the ad with me. The offer still stands and has gone unanswered.

RonPaul101.com
10-28-2011, 12:29 PM
We need some ads first, right?

TexMac
10-28-2011, 12:34 PM
What's involved? Just managing the money? I guess I can do that. Who is doing the ads and where? ItsTime volunteered to create and manage some ads as long as he didn't have to run the chipin.

lucent
10-28-2011, 01:54 PM
What's involved? Just managing the money? I guess I can do that. Who is doing the ads and where? ItsTime volunteered to create and manage some ads as long as he didn't have to run the chipin.

Managing the money and buying the ads.

sailingaway
10-28-2011, 02:47 PM
Do you have a graphic that looks like the pledge counter? Because I would add it to my signature. And I think a chip in for web ads with that graphic would be great (but 'Ron Paul' might need to be on it if it is to strangers who don't know the picture).

TexMac
10-28-2011, 02:54 PM
Do you have a graphic that looks like the pledge counter? Because I would add it to my signature. And I think a chip in for web ads with that graphic would be great (but 'Ron Paul' might need to be on it if it is to strangers who don't know the picture).

We don't have anything, not even a chipin. We don't have any ads to run even if we had the chipin going. Everyone who ran ads for BTO appears to be on vacation or siesta or something.

Gage
10-28-2011, 02:55 PM
The banners on the website have now been updated to reflect the new name.

http://supportthemnow.com/banners

TexMac
10-28-2011, 03:02 PM

http://supportthemnow.com/bannersThey all still say Vet's Day on them. And, honestly, they need to have a modern day soldier on them. No one knows that's Ron Paul but us. It looks like something out of the 50's. Everything about it looks kind of retro, but not in a good way.

Gage
10-28-2011, 03:03 PM
They all still say Vet's Day on them. And, honestly, they need to have a modern day soldier on them. No one knows that's Ron Paul but us. It looks like something out of the 50's. Everything about it looks kind of retro, but not in a good way.
Refresh your cache.

TexMac
10-28-2011, 03:10 PM
OK, most of them say Support Them Now. I still argue that people who look at that website are thinking support WHO? Nothing about it says bring them home or indicates that we're talking about soldiers. No explanation of the reason behind the moneybomb, which is that the military supports Ron with their donations. No chart explaining how much more he gets compared to the warmonger candidates. I wrote all this on the other thread.

Gage
10-28-2011, 03:12 PM
OK, most of them say Support Them Now. I still argue that people who look at that website are thinking support WHO? Nothing about it says bring them home or indicates that we're talking about soldiers. No explanation of the reason behind the moneybomb, which is that the military supports Ron with their donations. No chart explaining how much more he gets compared to the warmonger candidates. I wrote all this on the other thread.

Everything you just mentioned is on the homepage of the moneybomb.

lucent
10-28-2011, 03:12 PM

I've brought up just that concern.

TexMac
10-28-2011, 03:19 PM
Everything you just mentioned is on the homepage of the moneybomb.

No it is not. We need something like this:

http://www.ronpaulronpaul.com/img/2012-Q3-graph-top-tier.jpg

TexMac
10-28-2011, 03:26 PM
Or, this:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-PQNUTaqpc3U/Tqsdqp_FEQI/AAAAAAAAAUA/XjKMSy5Tq-0/s640/Fullscreen%2520capture%252010282011%252052407%2520 PM.jpg

http://www.blackthisout.com/extras/military-ad-outlined.pdf

sailingaway
10-28-2011, 03:41 PM

http://supportthemnow.com/banners

thanks Gage!!

adding it now....

Gage
10-28-2011, 03:45 PM
No it is not.

Please stop lying, and look past the page title and pledge box. There has been a graph there since the beginning of the website. I will add the two you just posted, but please stop attempting to lie and deceive people.

TexMac
10-28-2011, 03:48 PM
Please stop lying, and look past the page title and pledge box. There has been a graph there since the beginning of the website. I will add the two you just posted, but please stop attempting to lie and deceive people.

All right, I'm out. This is what I figured happened.

Gage
10-28-2011, 04:14 PM
I also moved the graphs up above the Facebook like box, since I guess it causes people to think that it isn't even there.

Sentinelrv
10-28-2011, 10:40 PM

That was a little uncalled for. TexMac isn't trying to lie or deceive people. I believe his criticisms of the website are valid. I know you're doing the best you can and we appreciate everything, but with a website like this, you only have a couple seconds to capture people's attention. If it's not immediately clear to them the purpose of the website, you just lost a potential pledge whether you like it or not. You need to catch people's attention. If you make them think, then you lose.

He brought up a question about the title "Support Them Now". Newcomers visiting the website might ask the question "Support who"? If people are required to read the description first in order to understand the event is about supporting the troops, then you've already lost. Reading should not be required in order to understand what the event is about. It needs to pop out at you visually. For example, if you were to take the title "Support Them Now" and combine it with a soldier instead of that old picture of Ron Paul, they would immediately connect the dots. With the current setup, if given only a couple seconds glance at the website, it's much harder for a person to connect the dots.

PursuePeace
10-28-2011, 11:00 PM
hey guys, I think the name is throwing this thing off and making it confusing.
D.A.S. had the idea of changing it to "Veteran's Best Friend"

I realize it may be too late to make that much of a change, but if its not, it really might help make this moneybomb a little more clear.

Plus it sounds great. Very positive sounding.
I would definitely look into something named "Veteran's Best Friend"
Piques interest, you wouldn't have to explain so much,
a lot of the videos etc, graphs would really pop out and make sense immediately.

just a thought.

The website itself looks great. nice design.

Sentinelrv
10-28-2011, 11:25 PM
I'm working on a concept image to show off how we can fix this situation. I'll post it when I'm done.

mikeforliberty
11-01-2011, 05:29 PM
Mentioned this in the original thread about this moneybomb. I've got a Facebook ad campaign going at present. Facebook has a convenient export report feature that shows how your ads are doing, I'll include that daily on the Chipin page and on here if you guys want.

The Chipin page is here: http://mikezentz.chipin.com/ron-paul-facebook-ads
The first report is here: http://mikezentz.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Ad-Report-November-1.csv

I've got 7 different ads running at present on the campaign. They focus on these target groups: Ron Paul Supporters, Military, Barack Obama Supporters, Mitt Romney Supporters, Hermain Cain Supporters, General Activists, and one Unfocused ad.

The ads link to my Support Them Now event page which is here: https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=141241559309349
On the 10th I will send out a reminder message encouraging everyone to donate the next day.
On the 11th I will send out 2 messages, 1 in the morning and 1 around noon Hawaii time reminding everyone to go donate.

The neat thing about using Pay-Per-Click advertising is it costs nothing to display an ad so we can use the different categories to measure Ron Paul support. The ad campaigns were started at different times and the oldest one is still only 2 days old, so the results are not conclusive By the 11th they should provide some good statistics.

If you guys have any suggestions for ads please let me know.

iGGz
11-01-2011, 05:40 PM
Anything you can do, I can do better.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/79/232413904_e68c5c6f81.jpg

I can do anything better than you.

iGGz
11-01-2011, 05:45 PM
You need to catch people's attention.

Um, honestly, I think it's pretty obvious. The huge picture of the soldier combined with the words Support Them Now is pretty straight forward. And if someone visits the page and doesn't understand it they are probably Cain supporters anyway.

freakout9903
11-01-2011, 10:24 PM
If anyone wants me to run any YouTube ad's again, I think they were successful for bto - Let me know what video and I'll see what I can pull off and put up a chip-in again if anyone wants to help out.

Sentinelrv
11-01-2011, 11:26 PM
Um, honestly, I think it's pretty obvious. The huge picture of the soldier combined with the words Support Them Now is pretty straight forward. And if someone visits the page and doesn't understand it they are probably Cain supporters anyway.

When I made that post I was talking about the old website design. I designed the new version with the soldier in it.

iGGz
11-02-2011, 04:12 PM
When I made that post I was talking about the old website design. I designed the new version with the soldier in it.

Well why didn't you say so?

mikeforliberty
11-02-2011, 09:14 PM
November 2nd Facebook Ad Report (http://mikezentz.chipin.com/ron-paul-facebook-ads)

mikeforliberty
11-02-2011, 09:30 PM
Oh also I changed the chipin from $300 to $100. I'll explain why.

I contributed an initial $100 and 2 people have chipped in for a total of $170. In two days worth of advertising the ad cost has only been about $20. I think we probably already have enough to last through the 11th. If we have anything left at the end do you guys want to save it for the next Facebook ad campaign or just donate it in the moneybomb?

Our Facebook ad has been viewed over 200,000 times and clicked 35. Because it links to a Facebook event Facebook is able to tell us how many times it was re-shared or spread through someone's wall. According to that metric it has spread 27 times via social networking. The most successful specific ad so far has been the one that targets people interested in various forms of activism. The second most successful is from the ad that targets people who have "liked" Obama.

wstrucke
11-03-2011, 08:05 AM
You just made a payment of
$30.00 USD
Paid to
mike@mikezentz.com

HTH

mikeforliberty
11-03-2011, 10:46 AM
Awesome! Facebook will be covered through the 11th. Thanks so much to the people who helped out with this!

mikeforliberty
11-03-2011, 03:12 PM
November 3 Facebook Summary Update:

Impressions

Clicks

$50.80
Spent

iGGz
11-03-2011, 04:01 PM
November 3 Facebook Summary Update:

Impressions

Clicks

$50.80
Spent

It cost $50 for 84 clicks? Is that the most reasonable way to do this?

mikeforliberty
11-03-2011, 04:11 PM
Depends I guess. It can be anywhere from $0.30-$2.00 for a click. I intentionally set the bid price for clicks high $3.00 currently. This does not mean you pay that much for clicks it just means you are willing to pay that much in the electronic auction going on behind the scenes. I think the most expensive click so far was like $1.73. If we had more time we could set the click price really low, but then Facebook will give us low priority and we get less impressions. I set it high because we have so few days.

On the other hand 84 clicks is spectacular! If only 1 in 4 donated only $10, thats over $200. So it's $50 for $200. I suspect though that more than 1 in 4 will give on the 11th and I also suspect they'll give more than $10.

That is only a track of clicks on the ad though. Once someone "attends" the event or "likes" it, it is shared on their wall. Also have to consider how much word of mouth is generated after it spreads electronically. I think though that the 220,056 impressions are actually the most important statistic. That is reminding people everyday that the event is coming whether they click it or not. We could switch to paying for impressions, which is much cheaper, instead of paying for clicks. But I like paying for clicks because then the impressions are free.

Thoughts?

TexMac
11-03-2011, 04:21 PM
It sounds reasonable to me, but I'm totally inexperienced when it comes to advertising.

wstrucke
11-03-2011, 06:03 PM
I'd say at least you're doing something tangible. If you get one new donor from this campaign I'd say it's worth it simply for the conversion and additional supporter.

wstrucke
11-04-2011, 10:43 PM
November 4th results?

mikeforliberty
11-04-2011, 11:59 PM
http://mikezentz.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Ad-Report.csv

mikeforliberty
11-06-2011, 01:06 AM
November 5th: http://mikezentz.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Ad-Report-November-5.csv

wstrucke
11-10-2011, 02:39 PM
So it looks like you spent $68.96 on 11/04 and $81.59 on 11/05. What happened after that?

Maybe changing the pricing model would be worth while if funds are short?

mikeforliberty
11-10-2011, 03:00 PM
Funds ran out. I added another hundred of my own so it will run through the 11th. It's gotten over a hundred clicks and over 400k impressions. It's spread for free via social sharing over 300 times. The facebook event it links to is at 50 give or take the "may be attendings". Not sure how many people clicked through to the supportthemnow.com site or the campaign site, theres really no way to tell. All in all I think its been worth it. I've seen lots of other peoples ads on facebook for the moneybomb so I think our message definitely got out via facebook. I'd like to plan the next moneybomb more in advance so I can set the bid for clicks really low. This moneybomb was such short notice I opted for higher click bids and relied on social sharing to make up the difference.