PDA

View Full Version : Boehner: 'Great concerns' Obama is exceeding Constitution

Miss Annie
10-27-2011, 02:44 PM
My question is...... Are they completely blind to all of the ways that he has exeeded the constitution already?
I really don't know what it takes to impeach a president, but am amazed that the process has not been started.
Just the mention of "prolonged detention" should have been enough.... much less saying that he fully intended to carry that out!

Boehner: 'Great concerns' Obama is exceeding Constitution

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/190219-boehner-has-great-concerns-obama-exceeding-constitutional-authority-with-new-loan-rules

House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) said that he has "great concerns" that President Obama might be exceeding his constitutional authority in ordering his administration to adjust regulations surrounding "underwater" mortgages and student loans, saying, "this idea that you are just going to go around the Congress is ... almost laughable."

"I thought we were a nation of laws and that our country was governed by our Constitution," Boehner said Thursday on the "Laura Ingraham Show."

The Speaker went on to caution that Republicans in Congress were keeping "a very close eye on the administration to make sure they are following the law and following the Constitution."

Obama announced a series of programs this week that would enable those with mortgage or student loan debt to refinance to more favorable terms and repayment plans. The administration says such action was necessary after Republicans blocked the president's jobs plan proposal to stimulate the economy.

"We can't wait for Congress to do their job, so they won't act, I will. I told my administration, we're going to look every single day to see what we can do without Congress," Obama told students Wednesday at the University of Colorado-Denver.

But Boehner said that "committees of jurisdiction" in the House would be examining the proposals "to make sure that the president isn't exceeding his authority."

Ingraham then asked Boehner how he would respond if he believed that Obama was, in fact, acting outside what he is entitled to do under the law.

"We've got an appropriations process that's under control here where we have the ability to limit their use of funds to try to bring this administration to heel," Boehner said.

The Speaker also accused the president of "giving up" on the country, echoing the theme of Republican attacks blasting Obama for saying that the country had "gotten soft."

"There is nothing that has disappointed me more over the last eight weeks than to watch the President of the United States basically give up on the economy, and give up on the American people, decide he's going to quit governing, and spend his entire next 14 months campaigning," Boehner said.

The lead Republican went on to say that the president should try to find more areas of agreement between the two parties. That notion has been one of contention, with the president maintaining that his jobs proposal consisted entirely of ideas previously supported by Republicans.

"If the president is serious, he ought to be up here working with us to find common ground to solve the issues that the American people want us to solve," Boehner said.

Sola_Fide
10-27-2011, 02:45 PM
Boehner is guilty too.

CaptUSA
10-27-2011, 02:47 PM
Funny how it "concerns" them when the other party does it.

Miss Annie
10-27-2011, 02:48 PM
I have no doubt! That is probably why noone is pointing fingers where they should be.
Clean hands would probably be a rarity up in there.

Original_Intent
10-27-2011, 03:39 PM
Whatcha gonna do Boehner....cry?

JK/SEA
10-27-2011, 04:16 PM
Well, by golly, i'm gonna make a strongly worded sign and stand on a street corner somewhere.

klamath
10-27-2011, 04:31 PM
Well bygolly Beohner maybe you should of thought about that when Obama declared war and you let him? Maybe you should have thought about that when when you cheered him on for being the judge jury and executioner of an American citizen? Now you are going to complain because obama changed the student loan rules?Everything else is just small stuff.

speciallyblend
10-27-2011, 04:49 PM
Boehner is guilty too.

boehner and obama are 2 dingleberries in a flushing toilet!!

osan
10-27-2011, 04:52 PM
Oh no... Bammy is exceeding the Constitution. Everybody start shivering!

We need to ethnically cleanse the Congress of hypocrites and bullshitters. It isn't even funny anymore.

Liberty74
10-27-2011, 05:04 PM
Hey Boehner, do your freaking JOB and defend the Constitution.

Or better yet, do what you are good at - having golf trip laughs with the infant occupying the WH discussing how you guys are gonna raise the debt ceiling to push America off the cliff. While you're at it, pass your responsibilities off to a 13 person panel where the President gets the deciding 13th vote.

TRAITOR!

ZanZibar
10-27-2011, 06:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6kLLFJ-6BE&feature=uploademail

HOLLYWOOD
10-27-2011, 06:26 PM
Ahhhh, Bullshit Boehner... you were part of the Libya war in overthrowing a sovereign nation with your legislation to kill Dennis Kucinich's Bill to end all funding and actions against Libya.

All these political scumbags will do or say anything to gain or maintain Party power/control.

kylejack
10-27-2011, 06:33 PM
Hey look, we don't mind the extrajudicial assassination of Americans, hell, we applaud it, but modifying loan programs?!

Anti Federalist
10-27-2011, 07:22 PM
Well, by golly, i'm gonna make a strongly worded sign and stand on a street corner somewhere.

By God, that.

And I'm going to write a very strongly worded letter, possibly WITH CAPS, to express my disapproval.

LibertyEagle
10-27-2011, 07:26 PM
I'm so sick and tired of these hand-wringing pantywaists that we call Congressmen. My own Congressman is that way too. What in hell are you DOING about it, Boehner? Where in hell have you been and what have you done about all the other unconstitutional actions taken by this President, or the last one too, for that matter?

You are our representatives. We are mad as all hell, if you hadn't noticed! Get up off your sorry ass and rein Obama in. While you are at it, make sure you watch your own unconstitutional actions.

Miss Annie
10-27-2011, 07:47 PM
The blatant disregard for the law absolutely baffles me. The lack of balls baffles me. But... I did hear this a few days ago.
The lawyer Orly Taitz, (who represents several Congressmen and many military personel), who is trying to get attention brought to the fact that he is running with a stolen SSN #, brought this fact to the attention of Rick Perry a couple of weeks ago. That is what has spurred Rick Perry's interest in the birther stuff. Rick Perry responded by saying that he wanted to wait until closer to the election. Something related to how the Democrats would appoint another nominee to run ( or something along those lines). I can't say that I understood his motives for waiting, but it did dawn on me that if he was removed we would then be stuck with Biden. That might be just as frightening!! But it still does not condone the blatant disregard for the law. Sigh.

Bordillo
10-27-2011, 08:05 PM
isnt Boehner one of the Super Duper Secret people that knows the Super Duper Secret interpretation of the Patriot act?

Bordillo
10-27-2011, 08:07 PM
By God, that.

And I'm going to write a very strongly worded letter, possibly WITH CAPS, to express my disapproval.

Im going to get 300 friends with shotguns and Ak-47's to stand on the corner.....with signs

Pericles
10-27-2011, 09:08 PM
Yes, and if the keep on exceeding the Constitution, I shall have no alternative to writing a scathing letter to the editor of my local paper and making posts on the Internet.

Romulus
10-27-2011, 09:08 PM
Thank you Mr. Fucking Obvious you TSA loving , patriot Act supporting hypocrite.

Sola_Fide
10-27-2011, 09:27 PM
Yes, and if the keep on exceeding the Constitution, I shall have no alternative to writing a scathing letter to the editor of my local paper and making posts on the Internet.

LoL

pcosmar
10-27-2011, 10:18 PM

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa384/flightlesskiwi/paper.jpg

hat tip to flightlesskiwi