PDA

View Full Version : GOP Calls For 2Trillion in Cuts! (from proposed INCREASES)

evadmurd
10-27-2011, 02:06 PM
Republicans in the U.S. Congress are calling for $2.2 trillion in deficit-reduction cuts, including significant cuts to healthcare programs for the elderly and poor, along with tax changes that they argue would boost the economy, congressional aides said Thursday.

Boehner said he wanted to avoid the automatic spending cuts, which would fall heavily on the defense sector, traditionally favored by Republicans.

They just don't get it.

htt p://www.cnbc.com/id/45063296

bluesc
10-27-2011, 02:07 PM
Over 10 years or immediately? I'll bet you every penny I have none of it will come from militarism. All from entitlements.

edit: misread it as $1T. Not good enough.

evadmurd
10-27-2011, 02:10 PM
"Let's assault our sick and elderly that we have forced to become dependent upon us so we can continue our imperialistic foreign policy" --- GOP

"Let's immediately put to an end our imperialistic foreign policy so we can save the sick and elderly we have made dependent upon us" --- Ron Paul

AuH20
10-27-2011, 02:12 PM
You have to end the campaigns first, before you make any cuts. Utilize common sense.

hazek
10-27-2011, 02:21 PM
This is for the next 10 years and it's only of the proposed increases.

Not a real cut at all.

Lucille
10-27-2011, 02:29 PM
Boehner said he wanted to avoid the automatic spending cuts, which would fall heavily on the defense sector, traditionally favored by Republicans.

Waging endless theocracy-building wars all over the ME and Africa is not "defense."

The American people are sick of wars, and it's getting harder and harder out there for the poor, the elderly on fixed incomes, and the middle class, but they just won't budge on their glorious Wilsonian interventionism.

Are they trying to lose?

Oh how I hate them.

AuH20
10-27-2011, 02:36 PM
Waging endless theocracy-building wars all over the ME and Africa is not "defense."

The American people are sick of wars, and it's getting harder and harder out there for the poor, the elderly on fixed incomes, and the middle class, but they just won't budge on their glorious Wilsonian interventionism.

Are they trying to lose?

Oh how I hate them.

There isn't anything theocratic about these wars. It's purely about establishing regional dominance and perpetrating resource exploitation.

Zippyjuan
10-27-2011, 02:38 PM
This is for the next 10 years and it's only of the proposed increases.

Not a real cut at all.
You are right. Instead of spending say $500 billion more next year, they will spend $300 billion more ($220 billion a year for ten years on average). Though I do note they refer to it as "deficit reductions" and not "budget cuts".

erowe1
10-27-2011, 02:39 PM
There isn't anyhting theocratic about the wars. It's purely about regional dominance and resource exploitation.

Tell that to all the Christians who have had to flee Iraq ever since the secular regime that used to be there got replaced by an Islamic one.

Liberty74
10-27-2011, 02:41 PM
Nothing is being cut. This is a freaking JOKE. Boehner is a JOKE. These are the mind games that the left and right play with words for mass tools, sheep, and cattle out there in la la land.

$2 trillion over 10 years is chump change considering over the same period they will be spending about $40-50 trillion. When was the last time anyone in government predicted a budget correct 5 years out much less 10? Exactly, it a budgeting joke and a play with words.

Keith and stuff
10-27-2011, 02:54 PM
So a tiny drop in the increases to spending is about to happen and Boehner is tripping all over himself to push that cut in increased spending off to the future. His plan to do it is to say, let's cut even more at some future date. It sounds like Boehner is very serious, serious in that he wants to see spending go higher and higher and is willing to play tricks to help that happen.

HOLLYWOOD
10-27-2011, 05:22 PM
BASELINE BUDGETING..."Government is Cutting some of the "Projected/Hypothetical Budget Increases We HAD Planed" :rolleyes:

These clowns inside the Washington DC beltway don't care. They're almost all owned by Lobbyists, Special Interest, and Campaign donations.

I wonder if any of the lobbyists starting strong-arming this Super Coward Committee of Cowards by... "If you cut us off... we will fund the opposition in your district game.

Kodaddy
10-27-2011, 05:39 PM
What makes you think Americans are tired of war?
From everything I have been seeing, we have become blood-lusting war mongers, the constitution be damned.
I fear all is lost....

Kodaddy
10-27-2011, 05:40 PM
What makes you think Americans are tired of war?
From everything I have been seeing, we have become blood-lusting war mongers, the constitution be damned.
I fear all is lost....

Invi
10-27-2011, 05:43 PM
WTB spending cap + cuts.

asurfaholic
10-27-2011, 05:43 PM
Nothing is being cut. This is a freaking JOKE. Boehner is a JOKE. These are the mind games that the left and right play with words for mass tools, sheep, and cattle out there in la la land.

$2 trillion over 10 years is chump change considering over the same period they will be spending about $40-50 trillion. When was the last time anyone in government predicted a budget correct 5 years out much less 10? Exactly, it a budgeting joke and a play with words.

And who is to say that a future congress won't increase the rate of increase of spending due to some "crisis" or other humanitarian reason..... most likely before the spending is even starting to get gone....

Even still, I look at this as somewhat positive news. I am glad they are considering this as opposed to leaving spending alone, or increasing it. Also I want to see spending cut, not taxes raised.

satchelmcqueen
10-27-2011, 05:48 PM
they are trying to make pauls proposal look less stellar. most people will just see the amount and not look into what it really means.

Tod
10-27-2011, 06:07 PM
"Let's assault our sick and elderly that we have forced to become dependent upon us so we can continue our imperialistic foreign policy" --- GOP

"Let's immediately put to an end our imperialistic foreign policy so we can save the sick and elderly we have made dependent upon us" --- Ron Paul

I can not re sis t must st ea l this most excellent post.