PDA

View Full Version : WA - Ex Army Airborne vet gets SWAT raided for his MM plants - Nothing illegal was found

Anti Federalist
10-27-2011, 01:49 PM
As others have already noted, can we finally dispense with the bullshit and stop even pretending that we live in any kind of free society?

When the federal Chief Executive can exterminate you, based on his say so alone, and heavily armed, militarized police squads are hut hutting around all across the country and kicking people's doors in left and right, to suggest that we are somehow still the "land of the free" is nothing but a sick fucking joke, a hollow cruel mockery.

:mad:

Submachine Guns Drawn, Seattle Police Break Down Door of Medical Marijuana Patient, Push Him to the Floor, and Raid His Home—for Two Tiny Pot Plants

Posted by Dominic Holden on Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 10:39 AM

Posted last night and moved up. More details coming later today.

http://slog.thestranger.com/slog/archives/2010/10/26/submachine-guns-drawn-seattle-police-break-down-door-of-medical-marijuana-patient-push-him-to-the-floor-and-raid-his-homefor-two-tin

The Seattle Police Department and the mayor's office have repeatedly insisted that marijuana possession, per city law, is the lowest law enforcement priority. They also adhere, they say, to a state law that makes it legal for authorized patients to use and grow marijuana.

But last night provided evidence that Seattle police are willing to invest tremendous resources in the smallest of pot cases—even cases where the pot is legal—and the mayor’s office will remain silent.

Just before 9:00 p.m., officers at SPD’s East Precinct held a briefing about the complaint of marijuana at a four-unit apartment building in the Leschi neighborhood. One week earlier, officers applied for a search warrant from King County Superior Court, sent an officer with a K9 to sniff at the door, confirmed the scent of marijuana, and were in the process last night of planning a raid. “Once the briefing was completed, officers donned their raid equipment clearly marked ‘Police’ on all sides,” according to a draft incident report filed by police.

A cadre of between six and nine officers ran up the stairs; some carried MP5 submachine guns, others held pistols, and at least one held the battering ram. They pounded on the apartment door and said it was the police.

“I was tying my robe,” says resident Will Laudanski, 50, who had just stepped out of the bathroom. “I said, ‘I am opening the door,’ but before I could get my hand to door, they busted it open and then rushed me. I was trying to comply. Then they pushed me down to the ground and just basically got me positioned in a corner of the kitchen with my face on the floor.”

A veteran Airborne Ranger who served in Desert Shield and was disabled from his service, Laudanski told The Stranger his door now “has cracks running right down the middle. I can’t really bolt it.”

“During the entry to this apartment, the locking mechanism to the front door was possibly damaged,” the official report says.

Officers began to search the apartment. Face down on the floor, Laudanski told police that he was an authorized medical marijuana patient, complying with a 1998 state law that allows people with certain medical conditions to possess and cultivate marijuana with a physician’s authorization. Laudanski directed officers to his physician's authorization in the other room. “Do you want to see it?” he told the officers. The Department of Health decided recently that a patient could grow up to 15 plants.

He “had paperwork in this room declaring his marijuana grow was for medical purposes,” police acknowledge in the report. Then in the bedroom, “officers observed two marijuana plants that were each growing in pots.”

“They were able to see the full extent of my pathetic grow,” Laudanski continues. “There were four little nuggets of bud the size of your pinkie on one and five on the other. They’re about 12 inches high.”

The police department's response after the jump.

Police didn’t take the pot plants.

“Clearly, in this case, there was no law violation that was discovered,” says Seattle Police spokesman Sean Whitcomb.

Laudanski uses medical marijuana to treat intractable pain resulting from being hit by a car in 2005 while walking down East Pine Street in front of Hot Mama’s Pizza. The car slammed him into a tree, he recounts, suffering damage to his shoulder, knees, and worst of all, his head—which resulted in severe migraines. “They started coming every day. The severe ones can last three days. I can’t eat. I vomit to the point of puking up blood. And several times I’ve been taken to hospital.” Standard pharmaceuticals don’t work, cost $100 a pill, or are “antipsychotics that leave you there drooling,” he says. But at a doctor’s suggestion, he says he started smoking marijuana occasionally. “I was able to drop the migraines down to one or two a month” and sometimes marijuana “can stop a migraine in its tracks with no side effects.”

But Whitcomb says, “Our mission is to enforce the law. We do that by gathering information of any evidence of any criminal violation. And I’d go on to say that had the officers known that, they would have spent their time doing something else. However, unfortunately, we don’t always have that luxury.”

Officers also ransacked the apartment, Laudanski says. "They tore up my place." Boxes from moving in about a month ago and other possessions were strewn across the floor by police. "They basically opened everything up and tossed everything out," he explains. "It’s hard to walk around my place right now."

Why didn’t police simply knock on the door and talk to him, instead of wearing raid gear, bearing pistols and submachine guns, and breaking the door with a battering ram? So-called knock-and-talks aren’t the protocol for drug cases—even small pot cases—Whitcomb explains. He adds there was a neighborhood complaint. But neither the police nor the King County Superior Court that issued the warrant could provide a copy of the affidavit by police used to get the warrant—which would provide the basis of probable cause.

Laudanski says he’s done nothing to draw the attention of law enforcement. And he’s puzzled why police used so much force.

“I came from a perspective that was pro-police,” says Laudanski, citing his work with the military and past service in New York as a paramedic. “But I still think this was very, very wrong what they did. I feel that higher-up people who ordered this, they are wasting our time and our money and they are putting innocent people in danger.”

The mayor's office has declined to comment.

AGRP
10-27-2011, 01:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlAh-WnAoSE

phill4paul
10-27-2011, 01:54 PM
“I came from a perspective that was pro-police,” says Laudanski, citing his work with the military and past service in New York as a paramedic. “But I still think this was very, very wrong what they did. I feel that higher-up people who ordered this, they are wasting our time and our money and they are putting innocent people in danger.”

Most people generally are. Until, shit like this happens to THEM.

mrsat_98
10-27-2011, 02:48 PM
Please take the time to review each article in the first link and a few of the videos in the second link. They will open your eyes to the reality that the Drug War is just as previously described "SHIT". I would love to see someone refute Al's conclusions but I doubt there is anyone that can. Face it we have been declared mere animals by an act of genocide upon the americian people. Its all written right in your states code. Isn't this disgusting ?

http://adask.wordpress.com/category/man-or-other-animals/
http://www.google.com/search?q=man+and+other+animals+al+adask&tbo=p&tbm=vid&source=vgc&hl=en&aq=f

specsaregood
10-27-2011, 02:54 PM
//

phill4paul
10-27-2011, 02:58 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s320x320/294001_222789611122354_217514361649879_624294_1971 823722_n.jpg

Schiff_FTW
10-27-2011, 03:06 PM
This bit is confusing:

It sounds like he was disabled in the military and then there was a separate incident that lead to him getting the prescription.

Between this and that homeless guy who was nonsensically murdered point blank last year, the SPD sure comes across bad.

Johnny Appleseed
10-27-2011, 03:19 PM
First fail was the snitch...probably an Iranian subversive...

Why can't people just be cool anymore?

Cops spend a lot of money on their gear, they aint just gonna let it hang in the closet

Sounds like S.O.P. to me.

I woulda just been happy as [censored]that they left the plants.

Pericles
10-27-2011, 03:20 PM
Most people generally are. Until, shit like this happens to THEM.

That ^ right there. Or, stated differently, most people can't see the future until it happens and becomes the past.

aGameOfThrones
10-27-2011, 03:49 PM
"Though the police are honest and their aims worthy, history shows they are not appropriate guardians of the privacy which the Fourth Amendment protects."~Jones v. United States, 362 U.S. 257, 273(1959)

Danke
10-27-2011, 03:55 PM
Please take the time to review each article in the first link and a few of the videos in the second link. They will open your eyes to the reality that the Drug War is just as previously described "SHIT". I would love to see someone refute Al's conclusions but I doubt there is anyone that can. Face it we have been declared mere animals by an act of genocide upon the americian people. Its all written right in your states code. Isn't this disgusting ?

http://adask.wordpress.com/category/man-or-other-animals/
http://www.google.com/search?q=man+and+other+animals+al+adask&tbo=p&tbm=vid&source=vgc&hl=en&aq=f

My experience with taxation and citizenship topics here is that few on this forum are ready for the varsity discussions.

Anti Federalist
10-27-2011, 04:08 PM
"Though the police are honest and their aims worthy, history shows they are not appropriate guardians of the privacy which the Fourth Amendment protects."~Jones v. United States, 362 U.S. 257, 273(1959)

The obvious contradiction there, damn near made my head explode.

specsaregood
10-27-2011, 04:11 PM
My experience with taxation and citizenship topics here is that few on this forum are ready for the varsity discussions.

elitist. reported.

aGameOfThrones
10-27-2011, 04:17 PM
The obvious contradiction there, damn near made my head explode.

Yes, I'm always tempted to edit that quote.

Anti Federalist
10-27-2011, 04:18 PM
elitist. reported.

Hah Hah!!

Danke
10-27-2011, 04:21 PM
elitist. reported.

Haha, I didn't necessarily include you. Just giving less a fuck every day that passes.

People are gonna believe what they want to believe.

Anti Federalist
10-27-2011, 04:34 PM
Haha, I didn't necessarily include you. Just giving less a fuck every day that passes.

People are gonna believe what they want to believe.

Sick and tired of what to say,

No one listens anyway,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2W1Y5hxR40

Here's a big hug to make you feel better (((((())))))

LoL

Danke
10-27-2011, 06:14 PM
Sick and tired of what to say,

No one listens anyway,

Here's a big hug to make you feel better (((((())))))

LoL

:rolleyes: