PDA

View Full Version : The Illusion of Freedom is Coming to an End

teacherone
10-27-2011, 01:17 PM
The illusion of freedom is coming to an end - peaceful people camped out on public property they are forced to fund are being rounded up by men they are forced to pay and pushed into cages they are forced to finance even as we speak.

The protected class can't stand the sight of the unwashed so close to their marble steps and have called on those men in costumes and fancy hats, with fancy helicopters and fancy weapons to do their bidding.

Whom is being protected? Whom is being served?

The American people capitulated long ago when they gave up freedom for security, when they gave up liberty for dependence.

"Keep us safe!" they demanded, and were given warrent-less wiretaps, undeclared wars, patriot acts, torture, and assassinations.

"Keep us fed!" they demanded, and were put on welfare rolls, stood in unemployment lines, handed debt and interest payments, inflated currency, worthless dollars, lower wages, longer hours.

Educated by the state, holding their worthless degrees in hand, generations unite around an unknown cause, knowing only that something is wrong...something...

They turn to their protectors, those men and women whom they have elected to run their society, run their economy, control their decisions, control their lives.

What do they find? Tear gas and screams, rubber bullets, and cold steel bars.

They actually believed in something called "the social contract" something mythical no one has ever seen, something intangible no one has ever signed.

What they found is something almost too hard to face - the contract is as follows:

We (henceforth known as POLITICIANS) own you (henceforth known as MUNDANES).

We own your income and allow you to keep a portion of it - this portion may change at whim depending how much of it we waste or abuse. We'll call this "income tax".
We own your property and allow you to rent it from us - if you fail to pay your rent (we'll call it "property tax") we will seize your property.
Should at anytime you refuse to pay or resist when one of our collectors comes around do not be surprised to wake up in a jail cell...or not to wake at all.

You MUNDANES pay without complaint. If you see us handing your money to our friends - stay quiet. If you see us using your money to kill and torture - stay quiet. If you see us flying private jets, eating with private chefs, partying with those more important than you - stay quiet.

You may register your complaints once every four years. You may choose between two options. Please do not be surprised if your piece of paper changes nothing.

In the meanwhile enjoy your "education," your unemployment check, and your home in the projects.

Again, do not get out of line - or one of our enforcers will have to deal with you shortly.

Occupy your statehouse. Do not fight with one another. Take control of your own lives. Voluntarily aid one another.

Allow others to do the same.

FrankRep
10-27-2011, 01:27 PM
The people were warned, but they didn't listen. The people created a hell for themselves.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."
- John Adams

hazek
10-27-2011, 01:44 PM
And it all has to do with the media propaganda. Without it the politicians would be powerless.

Until this is understood by every single one of us and we collectively make it our mission to figure out how to beat the media propaganda machine, we don't stand a chance in hell of change. I know Ron has no chance of getting elected simply because not all of use get this yet.

JK/SEA
10-27-2011, 01:54 PM
Frankly, these OWS people don't have the numbers. Now if it were a millions of people all bunched together....gawd what a mess that would be..but my point stands.

teacherone
10-27-2011, 02:41 PM
I wrote this for my liberal progressive family and friends - I think we do a great disservice ignoring and diminishing the OWS.

We have more in common than we think.

CaptUSA
10-27-2011, 02:48 PM
Don't worry, they will build a new matrix when this one fails.

Travlyr
10-27-2011, 02:50 PM
Occupy your State House and County House is a great idea!

Miss Annie
10-27-2011, 03:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgMx2F41XD0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLSeD19m3UE&feature=related

teacherone
10-27-2011, 03:19 PM

Yeah, I really don't understand why people angry that politicians have given their money away to corporations would want politicians to have even more money.

They've missed their mark, but I believe they'll catch on.

teacherone
10-28-2011, 11:17 AM
still no response from my liberal friends and family...think they've learned to trash my emails before opening them :sad:

teacherone
10-28-2011, 05:35 PM

Well if you have to occupy something.

I'd rather nurture my new business and build up my assets until I am immune to anything the economic pygmies throw at me.

I've given up protesting and after this election most likely politics for good.

Travlyr
10-28-2011, 05:45 PM
Well if you have to occupy something.

I'd rather nurture my new business and build up my assets until I am immune to anything the economic pygmies throw at me.

I've given up protesting and after this election most likely politics for good.
Unfortunately, the money printers will inflate faster than you can keep up.

teacherone
10-28-2011, 05:47 PM
My monetary assets are not made of paper.

They can't inflate my garden away either:)

Travlyr
10-28-2011, 05:55 PM
Good points! I stand corrected.