PDA

View Full Version : The Ron Paul Moment: November 5th 2007

specsaregood
11-06-2007, 01:35 AM
One of the pleasures of this political season is finding myself out-radicalized. I advocate a gradual process of civil disobedience and gradual de-legitimization of the central government, with an eventual goal of freedom through peaceful secession.

Apparently there are a lot of Ron Paul supporters who want to just blow the whole thing to hell. What a pleasant surprise! I didn’t think that sort of thing was a winner, and out of practical political concerns (it being the art of the possible and all that), I advocate only those things I think possible. “Possible”, I’m finding, is a moving target in light of today’s events.

More here: (I rather enjoyed the article)
http://www.tomsbigpicture.com/2007/11/05/the-ron-paul-moment-november-5th-2008/

beerista
11-06-2007, 01:50 AM
One of the pleasures of this political season is finding myself out-radicalized. I advocate a gradual process of civil disobedience and gradual de-legitimization of the central government, with an eventual goal of freedom through peaceful secession.

Apparently there are a lot of Ron Paul supporters who want to just blow the whole thing to hell. What a pleasant surprise! I didn’t think that sort of thing was a winner, and out of practical political concerns (it being the art of the possible and all that), I advocate only those things I think possible. “Possible”, I’m finding, is a moving target in light of today’s events.

More here: (I rather enjoyed the article)
http://www.tomsbigpicture.com/2007/11/05/the-ron-paul-moment-november-5th-2008/

It is refreshing to see someone who seems to remember (although he doesn't mention it specifically) that we are the heirs and beneficiaries of a "radical" act. It is in no way strange, now that the counterrevolutionaries have co-opted our experiment, that a true conservative appears a radical.

derdy
11-06-2007, 01:59 AM
I think the postive thing in all of this, is by being ignored by the polls and the LAMESTREAM MEDIA and being classified as insignificant and few; we have spoken loudly with our US fiat-worthless-dollars, to let everyone else out there know that we're here, we're pissed off, we're tired of the federal government intrusiion into our lives, our bedrooms, our free markets, and our individual liberty!!! You don't need to be afraid of seeming 'radical'!!! You are not the fringe and you can come out now! We have guns too! And... and, apparently, a few tens-of millions of US Dollars too! How many of you have already traded some worthless paper for gold or silver? :p

-Denny