PDA

View Full Version : Stocks: Will the DJIA and other major stock indices set new highs before the bear rally ends?

Original_Intent
10-27-2011, 11:48 AM
With the DJIA going crazy today, I am wondering if this is the last gasp of the bear market rally, or do you think that it will continue on to reach new all time highs before the crash? Or do you think we are in recovery? BWAHAHA! OK just kidding on that last one...but I will include it in the poll just to see if anyone thinks so.

Seraphim
10-27-2011, 12:11 PM
Truth be told, I view things not per index but per SECTOR.

Zippyjuan
10-27-2011, 12:53 PM
Today is probably just a brief euphoria. It may reverse course as soon as later today or even tomorrow as investors try to lock in profits from the move. Long term fundamentals of the companies the stocks represent didn't change significantly so things should probably settle back under 11000 again. Exactly how soon, can't say. Just my opinion. US economy still only very slowly moving along.

Shinerxx
10-27-2011, 08:11 PM
The next 30 year BOND auction is on November 10.
http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/data-chart-center/quarterly-refunding/documents/auctions.pdf

Remember what happened last time?
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/horrible-30-year-bond-auction-prices-11-unprecedented-bps-tail

what today's auction has proven is that going forward the Fed will be forced to crash the market every day that there is a Treasury auction, while ramping stocks on days when Treasury does not need to fund its borrowing binge.

cubical
10-27-2011, 10:53 PM
Lots of money is on the sidelines, with the aid of the fed, more money will pour into the system driving up the stock market. I think we have a ways to go before the bull market ends.

Seraphim
10-28-2011, 04:31 AM
I agree. Many funds are sitting 60-100% cash right now...it's quite obvious that once the velocity of money increases even only a bit, the price structure of the world is going to go up significantly.

Lots of money is on the sidelines, with the aid of the fed, more money will pour into the system driving up the stock market. I think we have a ways to go before the bull market ends.