PDA

View Full Version : Despite media blackout & distortions, Ron Paul is legitimately in 2nd place

Taco John
10-27-2011, 11:28 AM
Here are the RCP numbers that show President Obama vs. Republican Candidates. As you'll see, they include a spread on the right hand side, and in yellow, they highlight the averages of the spread.

Right now, Obama is winning against every candidate but losing to generic Republican. Here is the score board in top order:

Romney: Obama +1.2
Paul: Obama +6.2
Cain: Obama +8.2
Huntsman: Obama +8.7
Perry: Obama +11.0
Santorum: Obama +12.5
Gingrich: Obama +13.0
Bachmann: Obama +14.2

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/president_obama_vs_republican_candidates.html

It's easy to get discouraged in the toxic environment that we are in, but this should be a ray of hope for people. Sometimes it doesn't seem like Paul has a shot to break through the fog of the media and establishment Republican party. While the odds are definitely against us due to the way the deck is stacked, there's reason for hope. The wild card will be the conservatives in this nation. People like Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity are the battered wives of the Republican establishment. We'll see if they continue to carry water for them, or move in a direction that would bridle the party for the conservatives.

Banksy
10-27-2011, 11:35 AM
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

MJU1983
10-27-2011, 11:44 AM
Cool, thanks for sharing. I tweeted this info: http://twitter.com/#!/mju1983/status/129614290931032066

:)

JamesButabi
10-27-2011, 12:01 PM
Headline on a RETeaParty email I got. Not sure how I got on this list, but there has been an influx of pro paul articles lately.

Ron Paul Challenges Herman Cain for 2nd in CNN/Time Poll of NH Republicans
http://www.reteaparty.com/2011/10/27/ron-paul-challenges-herman-cain-for-2nd-in-cnntime-poll-of-nh-republicans/

PaulConventionWV
10-27-2011, 12:14 PM
I'm more concerned with winning the primaries. These hypothetical general election matchups mean very little in terms of figuring out who's actually going to be the nominee. I am not encouraged by this news in the least.

PastaRocket848
10-27-2011, 12:25 PM
yeah... i understand people trying to keep their head up and all.. but seriously if we spent half the time canvassing and making calls that we do surfing the internet looking for "proof" that our guy is somehow "winning" when he's a distant 3rd in the polls, voting in meaningless unreported online contests, rebutting online comments a handful of people will read, etc.. we'd have something to cheer about.

stuntman stoll
10-27-2011, 12:41 PM
I'm more concerned with winning the primaries. These hypothetical general election matchups mean very little in terms of figuring out who's actually going to be the nominee. I am not encouraged by this news in the least.
You're partly right but missing the fact that most people only support candidates who they think can win. Most voting republicans will look at the field right now and figure that the only electable candidates are Cain and Romney (maybe Newt). Then they vote for one of the two based on soundbites; 999, romnycare, most experience, etc.