PDA

View Full Version : Herman Cain Americans for Life Attack Cain

ZanZibar
10-27-2011, 10:30 AM
http://www.americans4life.org/images/afl_em_header.jpg

It's easy for a candidate to say their pro-life, isn't it.

"I'm pro-life, trust me."

But it's something else altogether when a candidate just doesn't get what being pro-life means.

You see, I believe that a baby deserves a shot at life, no matter the circumstances, with no exceptions.

And when candidate says, "I can have an opinion on an issue without it being a directive on the nation. The government shouldn't be trying to tell people everything to do, especially when it comes to a social decision that they need to make." I have a hard time believing they are pro-life.

The above quote was from Herman Cain, a professed pro-life candidate.

And it's apparent he just doesn't get it.

Being pro-life isn't about your "opinion" on the unborn.

It's about fighting to save babies. Period.

Thousands of babies are put to death every day in this country and Herman Cain, a "pro-life" Republican, won't be willing to use the most powerful position in the world to try and save them.

That doesn't cut it for me.

We need a pro-life warrior in the presidency who will use every ounce of power they have to fight to save the unborn.

Republicans for too long have believed that a mere statement is enough get the pro-life vote.

Well I say enough.

It has to end now.

If you haven't yet, please sign the Pro-Life Presidential Directive by clicking here (http://paracom.paramountcommunication.com/ct/6972529:10195080053:m:1:214216429:94D1147BC36FBA4A 0C7C9AE204CDE633:r).

Let the candidates know that they must pledge to fight for a Life at Conception Act if they want your vote.

And if you can, please consider chipping in with a donation of $10 or more after signing the directive.

Dianne
10-27-2011, 10:34 AM
It's about damn time.

jmdrake
10-27-2011, 10:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J6-3l3hCm0

Dianne
10-27-2011, 11:21 AM
"I am so f*cking sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these f*cking people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

LMAO

ShaneEnochs
10-27-2011, 12:06 PM
I love me some Ron Paul.

jmdrake
10-27-2011, 12:17 PM
Technically, Ron Paul is only a little bit more effective than Cain. Cain wants to leave it up to the families, where Paul wants to leave it up to the states, right?

Ummm....you realize that prior to Roe v Wade it was left up to the states right? For most of my life I've understood the "pro life" movement to be all about overturning Roe v. Wade. It's only recently that now that there's a prominent candidate with a real plan to do that that I'm hearing the "that's not good enough" argument from fringe pro lifers. Right now abortion is legal in all 50 states. If it gets "left up to the states" is will very quickly be made illegal in many of them. Those in the pro life movement who insist on keeping abortion a federal issue are condemning millions of babies to die just so that they can have a political football to continue to kick around.

tfurrh
10-27-2011, 12:23 PM
Ummm....you realize that prior to Roe v Wade it was left up to the states right? For most of my life I've understood the "pro life" movement to be all about overturning Roe v. Wade. It's only recently that now that there's a prominent candidate with a real plan to do that that I'm hearing the "that's not good enough" argument from fringe pro lifers. Right now abortion is legal in all 50 states. If it gets "left up to the states" is will very quickly be made illegal in many of them. Those in the pro life movement who insist on keeping abortion a federal issue are condemning millions of babies to die just so that they can have a political football to continue to kick around.

+rep

ShaneEnochs
10-27-2011, 12:39 PM

I actually didn't know much about it at all, which is why I asked. Thank you for explaining it to me though.

jmdrake
10-27-2011, 12:55 PM
I actually didn't know much about it at all, which is why I asked. Thank you for explaining it to me though.

You're welcome. I hope I didn't come across to rough. :o I just got irritated during Rand's campaign when radical pro lifer's tried to paint him (and by extension Ron) as "pro choice" when they are merely pushing what was once to my understanding the universal pro life position.

low preference guy
10-27-2011, 01:36 PM
Technically, Ron Paul is only a little bit more effective than Cain. Cain wants to leave it up to the families, where Paul wants to leave it up to the states, right?

Paul's is the most effective plan anyone ever proposed.

Lymeade-Lady
10-27-2011, 04:26 PM
We need to write some of the pro-life groups like this one and talk them over to making it a state issue instead of a federal issue. I don't think they understand and just think it's a compromise. If we can get these groups to back the idea and then the man, we can get a lot of the Christian vote. Anybody want to write up a sample letter? I'd contact, but I'm not sure I'm good at what all to say, ya know?