PDA

View Full Version : Set a goal of $4.2 Million, have them pledge $100, e-mail harvest is key!

afwjam
10-27-2011, 08:43 AM
We need to follow this very simple formula to successfully promote this moneybomb.
Our goal is $4.2 Million.
We need people to go to www.supportthemnow.com and pledge $100 with their e-mail.
The e-mail pledge is way to complicated right now using the feedburner. You have to go through a capcha and then click on a link in a confirmation e-mail. People should be able to just type in their e-mail and click pledge to donate $100 on 11-11-11. Simple. It would be great if we could get a pledge banner like the BTO one, skip the zip code field. We need to push hard to get e-mail pledges, not just people attending the Facebook event. We need to move fast, Gage I hope you read this and can work on the e-mail pledge.

Gage
10-27-2011, 09:24 AM
The BTO moneybomb also had a confirmation step.

afwjam
10-27-2011, 09:43 AM
The BTO moneybomb also had a confirmation step.
Get rid of it. It will be better and easier without.

trey4sports
10-27-2011, 09:46 AM
We need to follow this very simple formula to successfully promote this moneybomb.
Our goal is $4.2 Million.
We need people to go to www.supportthemnow.com and pledge $100 with their e-mail.
The e-mail pledge is way to complicated right now using the feedburner. You have to go through a capcha and then click on a link in a confirmation e-mail. People should be able to just type in their e-mail and click pledge to donate $100 on 11-11-11. Simple. It would be great if we could get a pledge banner like the BTO one, skip the zip code field. We need to push hard to get e-mail pledges, not just people attending the Facebook event. We need to move fast, Gage I hope you read this and can work on the e-mail pledge.

double opt in keeps mail deliverability high. Quite frankly, anything but double opt-in is pretty amateur.

TexMac
10-27-2011, 09:52 AM
Agree, the double opt-in keeps us from getting as many fake emails and fake pledges.

TexMac
10-27-2011, 09:53 AM
BTW, Feedburner was used for the big 2007 moneybombs.

afwjam
10-27-2011, 09:55 AM
double opt in keeps mail deliverability high. Quite frankly, anything but double opt-in is pretty amateur.
Seems to me as if the amateur method might end up with more e-mail addresses.

trey4sports
10-27-2011, 10:06 AM
Seems to me as if the amateur method might end up with more e-mail addresses.

It would.

With a single opt-in you'll get a decent amount of fake email addy's. A lot of times genuine supporters will enter parents, grandparents, counselors, or whoever's email address, and then when you email the list and that person receives an email and marks it as "spam" because he didn't sign up for the list or might not even like Ron Paul and the list owner ends up losing access to the list. Trust me this happens more than you'd think.

Not only that, but most of the big autoresponders like aweber, getresponse, constant contact do not even have an option for single opt-in anymore. When is the last time that you have been able to join a list without a double opt-in? They do that for a reason.