PDA

View Full Version : How did we survive without these for all those years?

Sematary
10-27-2011, 07:24 AM
Department of Education - 1979 (President Jimmy Carter)

Department of Energy - 1977 (President Jimmy Carter)

Food and Drug Administration - 1938 (President Franklin D. Roosevelt) I consider the FDA possibly THE most onerous of all the government departments and agencies, responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands or millions because they are owned by Big Pharma

Department of Homeland Security - 2002 (President George Bush Jr.)

Department of Commerce - 1903 (President Theodore Roosevelt)

Department of Health, Education and Welfare - 1953 (President Eisenhower)

Department of Housing and Urban Development - 1965 (President Johnson)

Other interesting stuff:

United States Commission on International Religious Freedom - Created in 1998 (President Bill Clinton)
This commission is just retarded

Committee for the Implementation of Textile Agreements - 1972 (Richard Nixon) - Just a thought but I believe this one failed. There are no textiles left, at least in New England. EVERY textile mill here is gone now.

A couple things of note - virtually ALL of these came about in the last 40 or so years.
From what I can tell, none of them are constitutional.
ALL of them are wasting our money
Some of them are downright dangerous to the people and the economy
I'm certain that you all could add a ton more if you wanted, and it might be good, for arguments sake

Sola_Fide
10-27-2011, 07:33 AM
Pfft. You're crazy. We didn't have energy before the department of energy.

Sematary
10-27-2011, 07:35 AM

lmao

brushfire
10-27-2011, 07:36 AM

..and we must not have had children before no child left behind.

V3n
10-27-2011, 07:37 AM
Good data to have at hand for settling arguments. Thanks for compiling this!

Sematary
10-27-2011, 07:40 AM
Good data to have at hand for settling arguments. Thanks for compiling this!

There's a lot more but it would take weeks to cover it all. I'm willing to bet you could eliminate most of the major departments and half or more of the commissions, etc... and not even notice they were gone except for breath of fresh air that would be breathed into our lives.

LibertyEagle
10-27-2011, 07:52 AM
This is a great idea, Sematary.

Sematary
10-27-2011, 07:55 AM
This is a great idea, Sematary.

Thanks. :-)

The Goat
10-27-2011, 08:01 AM
Upstate SC was know as the textile capital of the world, theirs hardly any textiles left now. the ones that are left are barely making it and don't pay much at all.

Committee for the Implementation of Textile Agreements - 1972 (Richard Nixon) - Just a thought but I believe this one failed. There are no textiles left, at least in New England. EVERY textile mill here is gone now.

IDefendThePlatform
10-27-2011, 08:03 AM
Yeah, this is a great list, thanks for compiling it. And I think the best part of this is to emphasize that these departments have added bureaucratic red tape and central economic planning, making things actually worse.

The example Ron used the other night of how expensive and rare cell phones would be if we had a department of cell phones was a really good one IMO.

eduardo89
10-27-2011, 08:26 AM
I'm pretty sure all Americans were uneducated, living in flee and rat infested shanty towns, dying by the millions from common illnesses, poisoned by toxic fumes and radiation before the government stopped it all in the 1970s.

bluesc
10-27-2011, 08:28 AM
But the children!

What would we do without education, housing and energy? Ron Paul wants us back in the stone age.

CaptUSA
10-27-2011, 08:41 AM
Good idea... Here are some more:

Federal Trade Commission (FTC)- 1914
Government Accounting Office (GAO)- 1921
Office of Management and Budget (OMB)- 1921
Federal Communications Commission (FCC)- 1934
National Labor Relations Board (NLRB)- 1934
Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)- 1934
Federal National Mortgage Association (FNMA)- 1938 (Fannie Mae)
Council of Economic Advisors - 1946
National Security Council - 1947
Small Business Administration (SBA)- 1953
Economic Development Administration - 1965
National Endowment for the Arts (NEA)- 1965
Department of Transportation (DOT)- 1966
National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB)- 1967
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)- 1971
Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC)- 1972
Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (FHLMC)- 1970 (Freddie Mac)
Congressional Budget Office (CBO)- 1974

Thank God government is there for us... How could we possible get along without them?

dean.engelhardt
10-27-2011, 08:50 AM
Playing poker the other night. Guy says Ron Paul is crazy. He wants to eliminate FEMA. He says, Do you realize that in 1913, Texas had a hurricane that killed hundreds of people? Ended his argument right there.

I came to play poker not argue that FEMA cannot stop hurricanes or prevent hurricanes from killing people. I just said I support RP and only he can defeat Obama in the general election because the 10% of the republican party that supports RP would not consider voting for any of the other candidates except maybe Gary Johnson. The guys says Gary Johnson is a good candidate.

What a weird conversation.

mczerone
10-27-2011, 08:51 AM
20th century solutions: force our vision of the world on all people, consequences be damned!

sygr772003
10-27-2011, 08:53 AM
http://www.usa.gov/directory/federal/index.shtml

This is a "complete" list of government agencies.

mczerone
10-27-2011, 08:55 AM
Playing poker the other night. Guy says Ron Paul is crazy. He wants to eliminate FEMA. He says, Do you realize that in 1913, Texas had a hurricane that killed hundreds of people? Ended his argument right there.

I came to play poker not argue that FEMA cannot stop hurricanes or prevent hurricanes from killing people. I just said I support RP and only he can defeat Obama in the general election because the 10% of the republican party that supports RP would not consider voting for any of the other candidates except maybe Gary Johnson. The guys says Gary Johnson is a good candidate.

If it comes up again, ask whether in the "emergency response" service industry, he'd rather have Red Cross and mutual aid societies take the lead, or if he really trusts Mike Brown or whoever heads the unaccountable bureaucracy to provide these services. Ask if he really thinks that FEMA can provide aid that isn't politically influenced.

And finally, Ron Paul might be "crazy", but at least he's not a ego-maniacal sociopath like the others.

Cleaner44
10-27-2011, 08:56 AM

We have to destroy the energy before we can create it. Only the federal government can do this, it can't be trusted to the free market. Keep in mind that the terrorists hate us for our energy and that is why we must fight them over there, so we don't have to fight them here.

sygr772003
10-27-2011, 09:13 AM
I counted 472 from above list.

donnay
10-27-2011, 09:19 AM
Department of Education - 1979 (President Jimmy Carter)

Department of Energy - 1977 (President Jimmy Carter)

Food and Drug Administration - 1938 (President Franklin D. Roosevelt) I consider the FDA possibly THE most onerous of all the government departments and agencies, responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands or millions because they are owned by Big Pharma

Department of Homeland Security - 2002 (President George Bush Jr.)

Department of Commerce - 1903 (President Theodore Roosevelt)

Department of Health, Education and Welfare - 1953 (President Eisenhower)

Department of Housing and Urban Development - 1965 (President Johnson)

Other interesting stuff:

United States Commission on International Religious Freedom - Created in 1998 (President Bill Clinton)
This commission is just retarded

A couple things of note - virtually ALL of these came about in the last 40 or so years.
From what I can tell, none of them are constitutional.
ALL of them are wasting our money
Some of them are downright dangerous to the people and the economy
I'm certain that you all could add a ton more if you wanted, and it might be good, for arguments sake

Yep the Textiles failed big time, thanks to NAFTA, GATT, CAFTA, WTO and all the other so-called trade agreements, that push slave labor in foreign lands! And, those agreements were set up to bring down America into third world status.

Everyone one of these alphabet agencies need to go, they have nothing to do with liberty!! Expansion of government is all about control!!

donnay
10-27-2011, 09:22 AM

If that conversation comes up again tell him to look into REX84 and the Continuity of Government (CoG). FEMA was set up not to help the people, but to secure the tyranny!!

Sematary
10-27-2011, 11:26 AM
i am not saying that we don't need *some* government but most of the stuff people want to whine about getting rid of didn't even exist until relatively recently and is unconstitutional anyway