PDA

View Full Version : Website opinion

lucent
10-26-2011, 10:31 PM
Anyone else think the design is a little too sickly sweet patriotic? I see enough red, white, and blue during the campaign season.

Also this isn't Ron Paul's moneybomb, it is the Grassroots' moneybomb. Calling it Ron Paul's Moneybomb looks as if it is associating it with the official campaign which is a bad idea.

The pledge needs to be set for $100 at least and there needs to be a goal. I say the amount the campaign has asked for.

dannno
10-26-2011, 10:43 PM
Go to the bottom left of the page, click on '-- Ron Paul 2012 Default Forum Theme'

Click on -- vB4 Default Style

lucent
10-26-2011, 10:46 PM
Go to the bottom left of the page, click on '-- Ron Paul 2012 Default Forum Theme'

Click on -- vB4 Default Style

I am not talking about the forum.

Sentinelrv
10-26-2011, 11:03 PM
I am not talking about the forum.

lol

PursuePeace
10-28-2011, 06:51 PM
Also this isn't Ron Paul's moneybomb, it is the Grassroots' moneybomb. Calling it Ron Paul's Moneybomb looks as if it is associating it with the official campaign which is a bad idea.

This I definitely agree with.

You know, when we had the BTO I didn't like how it ended up seeming like it was the campaign's idea.
I think it's a lot more powerful when people see that this type of stuff is coming from his grassroots supporters.

Hmm, I'm still kind of looking at the website.
It looks good, but there is something weird about it that I can't quite put my finger on right now.
Be back when I figure it out.

PursuePeace
10-28-2011, 07:19 PM
Sorry, I'm coming in late to all of this. So if this has been discussed, I'm sorry. I'm trying to read through all the threads here.
Are there going to be any videos of Ron Paul giving his views about the troops (and bringing them home) on the website?
And what about videos of veterans who support Ron Paul?
I like the BTO website with all of the videos regarding the blackout.

PursuePeace
10-28-2011, 07:49 PM
I'm back again. I know time is running out.

I always try to view things like this as if I know nothing about it so I can see what kind of impression I get.
I feel like I don't understand what exactly I'm donating TO.
Is this money going directly to the troops or to to Ron Paul's campaign??
And why exactly (besides viewing the campaign video and some graphs about military donations) should I beleive Ron is really the one who is in support of the troops?
Why would him becoming President support the troops? Why should I donate to his campaign?

It almost seems a little misleading.
I hope someone understands what I'm talking about here.

D.A.S.
10-28-2011, 08:18 PM
I'm back again. I know time is running out.

I always try to view things like this as if I know nothing about it so I can see what kind of impression I get.
I feel like I don't understand what exactly I'm donating TO.
Is this money going directly to the troops or to to Ron Paul's campaign??
And why exactly (besides viewing the campaign video and some graphs about military donations) should I beleive Ron is really the one who is in support of the troops?
Why would him becoming President support the troops? Why should I donate to his campaign?

It almost seems a little misleading.
I hope someone understands what I'm talking about here.

I am with you 100%. I also don't like "Support Them Now" slogan - it is ambiguous.

Maybe something like "Bring Them Home", "Support 'Em, Bring 'Em Home", "Troops Support Ron Paul", "Veterans' Best Friend" moneybomb.

I kinda like "Veterans' Best Friend" moneybomb.

PursuePeace
10-28-2011, 08:33 PM
I kinda like "Veterans' Best Friend" moneybomb.

I love it!! The slogan was bothering me but I figured it was too late to change it.

If this thing can be changed to Veteran's Best Friend, I think that would make a pretty sizable difference.
"Support Them Now" can be percieved as demanding. And people don't like to be told what to do.

"Veteran's Best Friend" monebomb on Veteran's Day?
Suits the cause perfectly, I think.