PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone confirm or deny backlog of 19,000 transactions?

Tidewise
11-06-2007, 12:56 AM
Got this from my Meetup group:

Ronpaulradio.com just had someone on there explaining that Ron Paul's online credit card processing company was only setup to handle up to 750 transactions per hour. Supposedly there is huge backlog and at least 19,000 transactions have not been processed yet.

They were estimating it will take another day and a half to process all the donations from the Nov. 5th money bomb. They were estimating that the total actual donation figure maybe actually closer to 8.6 to 8.7 Million dollars. Anyone have anymore info on this...?

Anyone? Aside from pure speculation?

conner_condor
11-06-2007, 01:00 AM

Ronpaulradio.com just had someone on there explaining that Ron Paul's online credit card processing company was only setup to handle up to 750 transactions per hour. Supposedly there is huge backlog and at least 19,000 transactions have not been processed yet.

They were estimating it will take another day and a half to process all the donations from the Nov. 5th money bomb. They were estimating that the total actual donation figure maybe actually closer to 8.6 to 8.7 Million dollars. Anyone have anymore info on this...?

When this first started at midnight within the first 10 minutes it was up to 100k.
I don't think that is correct about 750 an hr... You can see the donations are slowing down now..

Bryan
11-06-2007, 01:01 AM
My question is what about RonPaul2008store.com? Has that money been added? We know that the names don't show up- does it stand to reason that the dollars don't either?

BIG_J
11-06-2007, 01:02 AM
Deny.

Roxi
92,466 since midnight... i don't know about slowing down :)

Lord Xar
hmmm.. sounds suspect because the campaign manager for fundraising would say " we have raised 4.2 millioin dollars and we still have a backlog of 19,000 transactions!!! So we are expecting upwards of 7 million raised! etc..."

but he didn't...so, I don't know.

andrewgreve
11-06-2007, 01:04 AM
Official FEC filings don't come out till the end of the quarter...

I'm hoping we'll get some inside info in the justin.tv event tomorrow though.

Justin.tv/ronpaul
8:00 PM ET/ 5:00 PM PT
11/6

Bradley in DC
11-06-2007, 01:04 AM
My brother donated at 11.58 pm, and it showed up on yesterday's total.

Perry
11-06-2007, 01:05 AM
I don't think so. Donations have dwindled now.

ksuguy
11-06-2007, 01:05 AM
Yeah I think it was just just speculation and rumors. I don't think we have any backlog.

James R
11-06-2007, 01:06 AM

Considering how much donations have slowed down, and considering there is nothing about a backlog of transactions on the Ron Paul home page, its almost guaranteed false.

curiousobserver
11-06-2007, 01:06 AM
I don't think there are that many unprocessed transactions. The donation rate has definitely slowed down

Ron Paul Fan
11-06-2007, 01:07 AM
Do you think Dr. Paul will get called for some interviews tomorrow? He doesn't appear to be campaigning anywhere tomorrow so he could use this to help spread the word!

PINN4CL3
11-06-2007, 01:10 AM
Well, I don't know about any backlogs, but I donated twice today and haven't received confirmation e-mails for either transaction. I've been receiving other e-mails from the same account all day.

DeadheadForPaul
11-06-2007, 01:14 AM
100% speculation. I'd say that the facts suggest that there is no backlog. My donation appeared almost immediately

derdy
11-06-2007, 01:43 AM
I am giddy over tonight! I donated $500 myself and here's how I donated:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Monday, November 5, 2007 3:04 PM
To: dennyderda@charter.net
Subject: Thank you for your generous donation

Mr. Denny Derda,

Thank you very much for your donation of $100.00 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

Your donation will allow us to expand and grow our campaign.

We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paul’s candidacy.

Thanks for being a part of the campaign!

Your confirmation number:
T100635-100050099
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That was my first donation, I subsequently made donations at 9:49pm CST and 10:40 CST; $200 on each one. I was going to do $1K, but I couldn't afford it; I will however max out before the end of the quarter. I'm up to $800 now.

The fact that this story, if true as I haven't seen it verified by the campaign, is a rumor and has a negative impact on funds, that would not only be way too ironic, but also the greatest problem that you ever had. What we did tonight was amazing!:)

The power of the Internet and, thusly, the power of individuals, who believe strongly in the ideas of liberty and freedom; understand the proper role of government and why our Constitution was crafted such that it is: to shackle the reigns of tyranny and give the power to that of the People; coming together for a common cause is absoultely umatched by that of any other force.

It combines real time communication and coordination to make for a lean mean liberty-breeding machine.

So long as we have a free-market Internet we have a free-market of great ideas: like that of a great business-model in a free-market, great ideas can be VERY economically beneficial. When the government gets involved in the free market, you have Enron, and all the other skeletons in the closets of Wall Street; when the government gets involved in the free-market of ideas, you get Neo-Conservatism and other hideous ideas lurking in the closest with a sign on it that says, "Kill 'Em All - Let God Sort 'Em Out, While You Eat A Free Lunch in Here!"

Please keep the free-flow of ideas coming everyone! :D

Congratulate yourself, we just made history baby! Where's the dude that came up with this idea?! I feel like a crowd of supporters need to carry him around a football field or something?! I think he'll be crowd surfing at the Philly Rally~!

I jokingly told my father, that Ron Paul was on the front page of MSNBC and by association, I was famous and everyone thought I was awesome! lol

In Liberty,
Denny

Danny Molina
11-06-2007, 02:08 AM
I've only received 1 email confirmation though I've donated twice today.

saahmed
11-06-2007, 02:30 AM
I donated at about 9PM CST with a credit card and received my email confirmation right away. My name also scrolled across the screen right away.

PINN4CL3
11-06-2007, 02:39 AM
I donated at about 9PM CST with a credit card and received my email confirmation right away. My name also scrolled across the screen right away.

Oh yeah, that reminds me I never saw my name either. The second time my girlfriend was with me watching the main page on our laptop as I donated on our PC, and neither of us ever saw my name. So backlog or not, something was definitely screwy for some of us.