PDA

View Full Version : The rƎVO˩utionaries ($1 per day)

Buckeye Seabee
10-26-2011, 04:40 PM
My first post, (thanks for accepting).

I have an idea that could help the Ron Paul Campaign raise several million dollars per month. I want to build a website called “TheRevolutionaries.com” (I checked the domain, it redirects), where members would join and pledge $1 per day to Ron Paul’s campaign. The Revolutionaries would be the foot soldiers of the Ron Paul Campaign, and foot soldiers don’t have a lot of money. One dollar per member per day would be the goal, but members who don’t feel they can afford it and might be willing to pledge a lesser amount would be encouraged to do so. The $1 per day per member goal would be graphed on the side (like the moneybomb goal chart), so that if the goal falls below $1 per person, those who are willing and able to contribute more might be motivated to pick up the slack to get us to our goal. This site would not collect the money, but direct its members to RonPaul2012.com to make their donations at the end of each month. I choose the end of the month as a matter of ethics; at the end of the month when the bills have been paid, the kids have been fed…if they can afford to meet their pledge, they should do so, and if they have enough to give more, they will be encouraged to.

What I would need from the campaign to make this happen; webhosting and the domain, promotion and advertising, and I might need some web design help. On the last day of each month I would need RonPaul2012.com to host The Revolutionary’s Pledge Drive, so that the members can make good on their pledge. If I am provided with the webhosting and domain free of charge, I will not sell space for third party advertising, I am not an opportunist, I am volunteering my time and am not interested in profiting.

I’m shooting for a target around 200,000 members. Ron Paul’s Facebook page alone has more than 550,000 “likes”. If we can get 200,000 of them to pledge $1 per day to Ron Paul’s campaign, that’s $6 million per month. If you agree that this is a realistic goal, then you have to agree that it is worth pursuing? Certainly I would raise my marks if I should overachieve this goal, but even if I only manage to hit it by 25%, I’d still be bringing in $1.5 million monthly to the campaign. I could live with that.

I am open to ideas and suggestions. I’ve been tossing a “sponsorship” idea around in my head for people who can’t afford to contribute money, they can get people to send them fliers, cards, signs…and contribute in other ways. But I’m taking it one step at a time.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/307214_236557209735083_100001424188617_667014_3078 97961_n.jpg

BuddyRey
10-26-2011, 05:08 PM
Seems like a great idea to me! A lot of folks (myself included) get a bit hesitant when you ask them to donate big money all at once, but when you only talk in terms of small periodic contributions, that seems to go down a lot easier.

sailingaway
10-26-2011, 06:58 PM
the transaction costs would eat up a $1 donation, they should be made in batches, imho, if you go forward with this. Some people already do $5 Fridays...

Buckeye Seabee
10-26-2011, 07:16 PM
The idea is to hold the drive at the end of each month, so it would be $30 monthly.

ItsTime
10-26-2011, 07:19 PM
We have $5 Fridays For Ron Paul 2012. Where you can donate $5 or more dollars every Friday. For those who don't know we did this in 2007 as well.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=164429353651344

I have not started to push this yet but will starting either tomorrow or Friday.