PDA

View Full Version : Warning: IA Caucus less then 70 days away.....

jeremiahj13
10-26-2011, 04:38 PM
Just a heads up because the caucus season is sneaking more closely on us then most years, that the Iowa Caucus is less then 70 days away. Stay tuned... and make plans to help out.

R3volutionJedi
10-26-2011, 05:27 PM
ORGANIZE! ORGANIZE! ORGANIZE! WE MUST WIN. LET'S SHAKE THE ESTABLISHMENT AND RESTORE AMERICA NOW!

RDM
10-26-2011, 05:31 PM
ORGANIZE! ORGANIZE! ORGANIZE! WE MUST WIN. LET'S SHAKE THE ESTABLISHMENT AND RESTORE AMERICA NOW!

Having only 19 active members in the Iowa meet-up group needs to improve.

GeorgiaAvenger
10-26-2011, 05:33 PM
As I said in another thread.

It is ESSENTIAL
For Paul supporters in Iowa
To write letters to their local newspapers!

harikaried
10-26-2011, 05:34 PM
Talk to FriedChicken about calling Iowa through http://rp2012.org/ We're trying to find supporters and make sure they bring other people to the caucus and that they're ready to give a short speech to convince people at the precinct votes.

R3volutionJedi
10-26-2011, 05:35 PM
Having only 19 active members in the Iowa meet-up group needs to improve.
Yea! I wish I could help there, haha. I'm from the constitution state tho.

bluesc
10-26-2011, 05:41 PM
Even Ron said 3rd is pretty much unacceptable. He has little doubt he can win.

harikaried
10-26-2011, 08:14 PM
People need to be making phone calls and there's 2 main options:

1) http://rp2012.org/ is making calls to Iowa Ron Paul supporters to get them ready for the caucus
2) http://phone.ronpaul2012.com/ is making calls to New Hampshire to do voter identification

Making phone calls might be something new or sound scary, but it's not that bad, and it's fun talking to Ron Paul people. But mainly, it's how Ron Paul can win 1st in Iowa.

If you want Ron Paul to win, this is what you should be doing. It will directly get actual votes on the day of the caucus/primary.

Steve-in-NY
10-26-2011, 08:16 PM
I concur, start calling now. It's our best chance to win.

thehighwaymanq
10-26-2011, 09:10 PM
CALL CALL CALL

rideurlightning
10-26-2011, 09:28 PM
There should probably be some kind of official thread for Iowans to discuss this in. That would really help a lot with organization for meet-ups and such.

Lord Xar
10-26-2011, 09:31 PM
I agree, waiting a week prior does NOT CUT IT!

People are burnt out with all the ads and calls, if we get to them early we can make a stronger impression.

We need to start now..

bluesc
10-26-2011, 09:32 PM
There should probably be some kind of official thread for Iowans to discuss this in. That would really help a lot with organization for meet-ups and such.

Yep. We have by far the biggest grassroots movement of any candidate. We should be organizing now to get them out canvassing to compliment the campaigns efforts in Iowa. A huge resource pool being wasted currently.

They need to get mobilized. We have quite a few Iowans here that can help lead it.

Badger Paul
10-26-2011, 10:10 PM
Bump to call

Xelaetaks
10-26-2011, 10:16 PM
Don't live in Iowa but definetely agree this is our biggest shot. If we win this it could make all the difference and send a huge blow to the establishment!!!! Don't forget the other candidates are gonna try to win too so we gotta be on top of our game!!!!

bolidew
10-26-2011, 10:45 PM
He needs to rise to 20% in late November polls.

D.A.S.
10-26-2011, 10:50 PM
Those who are worried about Iowa - and every Ron Paul supporter should be - consider supporting our Iowa project geared specifically toward organizing grassroots efforts:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?323238-The-Iowa-College-Ad-Project-and-Grassroots-Web-Portal-Chip-in-Included

harikaried
10-26-2011, 10:53 PM
He needs to rise to 20% in late November polls.This can be done by mobilizing the existing Ron Paul supporters in Iowa to prepare for the caucus by finding other supporters to canvass. It's all about the numbers. We have the numbers outside of Iowa, but if we can focus it all into reaching people that can and will vote on January 3, that will multiply even easier the earlier we reach them.

harikaried
10-26-2011, 10:55 PM
Those who are worried about Iowa...If anybody wants Ron Paul to win, they should be involved in Iowa in some way. If Ron Paul places 3rd, it's going to be very difficult going forwards. 2nd is good, but 1st is totally doable.

If you don't/can't help with money, you can still leverage your time by directly calling people in Iowa.

harikaried
10-26-2011, 10:59 PM
Don't live in Iowa but definetely agree this is our biggest shot.What do you mean by "Don't live in Iowa but..."? Anybody in Iowa or out of Iowa or even out of the US could help rally the troops in Iowa.

Xelaetaks
10-26-2011, 11:11 PM

D.A.S.
10-26-2011, 11:12 PM
If anybody wants Ron Paul to win, they should be involved in Iowa in some way.

Agreed. I corrected the wording in my post to make that more obvious ;-)

parocks
10-27-2011, 02:50 AM
This can be done by mobilizing the existing Ron Paul supporters in Iowa to prepare for the caucus by finding other supporters to canvass. It's all about the numbers. We have the numbers outside of Iowa, but if we can focus it all into reaching people that can and will vote on January 3, that will multiply even easier the earlier we reach them.

How does "finding other supporters to canvass" work?

If you're talking about
a) meetup groups building up their meetup group, I'm in favor.
or
b) doing door to door canvassing independent of the official campaign, I'm not.

I don't know that you're suggesting an independent door to door operation, but I'm just saying that doesn't seem like the way to go.

At some point the campaign will be going door to door. They may have started doing this already. They'll need volunteers for that.

John F Kennedy III
10-27-2011, 03:13 AM
A win in Iowa is the ONLY acceptable outcome.

harikaried
10-27-2011, 09:35 AM
How does "finding other supporters to canvass" work?The same process anyone outside of Iowa would be helping to find/motivate existing Ron Paul supporters. Except they'll be in Iowa and hopefully even more motivated (or realize the urgency) to get things done earlier.

V3n
10-27-2011, 09:39 AM
There's a poll this Saturday and Ron Paul is speaking!

harikaried
10-28-2011, 12:10 PM
I keep reading articles from this week saying "Ron Paul is right, but.. " or "Ron Paul's Plan to Restore America is breathtaking, but.." from news outlets around the country that aren't early in the primary process. This sets things up perfectly for a big Ron Paul win in Iowa, so people who agree with Ron Paul or like his plan won't need much more convincing!

harikaried
10-30-2011, 11:47 AM
It's sunday, so time to call Iowa through http://rp2012.org instead of New Hampshire through the campaign!

PauliticsPolitics
10-30-2011, 12:00 PM
There is a whole sub-forum dedicated to the Iowa Caucus. Sadly, most people just hang out here in Grassroots Central. I'll use this to remind people that there are dozens of other sub-forums. See: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forum.php