PDA

View Full Version : School - Prison

Anti Federalist
10-26-2011, 03:22 PM
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/School-vs.-Prison.jpg

A period of time served in either one is called a term.

(Hat tip to LRC blog)

bluesc
10-26-2011, 03:23 PM
+rep

Schools are factories to produce sheep.

Sola_Fide
10-26-2011, 03:24 PM
Yep. Also, the brainwashing of statism and the socialization of your entire worldview occurs in both.

Sola_Fide
10-26-2011, 03:32 PM
Actually, state-schools are worse than prisons, because at least at prisons there is not minute-by-minute instructional statist brainwashing. Also, schools propagandize children, the most impressionable, and dumb them down for the purpose of the elite to use them as slaves for war and revenue.

School is where prison begins. Most people's minds never escape it.

Travlyr
10-26-2011, 03:38 PM
They are also both fenced.

BattleFlag1776
10-26-2011, 03:46 PM
Actually, state-schools are worse than prisons, because at least at prisons there is not minute-by-minute instructional statist brainwashing. Also, schools propagandize children, the most impressionable, and dumb them down for the purpose of the elite to use them as slaves for war and revenue.

School is where prison begins. Most people's minds never escape it.

I'll take that one step further. The middle school I attended was designed by an architect that also designed...state prisons. His plan was so efficient that it actually, with minimal alterations, could have been converted into a prison (Hint, hint!). It was, without a doubt, the only school I have ever entered that was designed and run in a manner to crush those who ask questions. God only knows how many children were ruined by the place.

Danke
10-26-2011, 03:46 PM
You can smoke in most prisons.

Travlyr
10-26-2011, 03:48 PM
You can smoke in most prisons.
But drugs are against the rules

Anti Federalist
10-26-2011, 03:49 PM
I'll take that one step further. The middle school I attended was designed by an architect that also designed...state prisons. His plan was so efficient that it actually, with minimal alterations, could have been converted into a prison (Hint, hint!). It was, without a doubt, the only school I have ever entered that was designed and run in a manner to crush those who ask questions. God only knows how many children were ruined by the place.

I see this more and more across the country.

You have to look closely to see what the building actually is, prison or school.

KCIndy
10-26-2011, 03:52 PM

...And can still be easily acquired.

Sola_Fide
10-26-2011, 03:55 PM
You know what's funny? The same two or three people neg rep me here whenever I say something bad about state-schools. I am totally perplexed by it...

KCIndy
10-26-2011, 03:56 PM
Hm.

Both have guards.

Both will search you at random times, for no reason.

Both punish via solitary isolation.

Both offer educational degrees.

Hmmm.

donnay
10-26-2011, 04:07 PM
They are also both fenced.

Both have surveillance and also have drills for lock-down.

DamianTV
10-26-2011, 04:12 PM

Even Aspirin is prohibited in Schools. Dont even get me started on the Toxic Food they serve in Schools. But at the same time, the Food is just as important because of the Rules prohibiting the use of knives or forks, they use plastic sporks, which leads to the enviornmental damage from plastics, but the other Rule is that some schools prohibit bringing your lunch to school. You cant leave campus (even high schools) during Lunch, you need a License to ride a Bike to school, the school gets paid when the students show up, hence Truancy Laws are there for Money Generation (IE take blackmailed money from the Federal Govt).

Schools today are not Educational Facilities, they are Indoctrination Centers. They are there much like the Police, to serve their Own Interests and not the interests of the Public. Teachers go to teach for a paycheck that wont last until their next paycheck, and they cant afford the time to be interested in the students that occupy their Overcrowded Classrooms. Oh, theres another similarity. Prisons are Overpolulated with ordinary people due to the Laws they have broken which have consisted of many more Non Crimes than Actual Crimes (Crimes require a Victim, and smoking pot is NOT a Crime), Schools are Overcrowded with many of the Scholastic Inmates not even speaking the same language.

The Schools of today are pieces of shit.

Anti Federalist
10-26-2011, 09:21 PM
Re: Freedom and the Occupy Movement

Posted by Wilton Alston on October 26, 2011 01:16 PM

Bill, your musings are absolutely, positively right on-point. This statement from your post is particularly accurate:

Since the Progressive Era of 100 years ago, virtually ALL education, both government and private, has undertaken to destroy the idea of all the aspects of liberty and especially the fundamental point that the State is oppressive and needs to be restrained.

I recently attended a fascinating talk by a professor back at my alma mater. The key premise of her talk fits very comfortably into one of the undercurrents of your post: Public schooling was created to control information exchange. The industrial-education complex—another term she used—was developed and deployed to create citizenry who were happy installing bumpers all day, not independent thinkers who longed of making their own decisions and running their own businesses. Making one's own decisions (and dealing with the consequences) is part-and-parcel with private property ownership, personal responsibility, and other buzz words that we associate with liberty.

Much, if not all, of what we associate with compulsory public education, dating back to its roots between 1852–1918, including everything from multiple-choice tests to punch clocks to required courses to sitting in rows, was developed with the goals of removing habitual independent thinking from the citizenry. OWS is simply an example of what happens when a beast of burden gets a stone in the wrong place, but has no idea what do to about it. Sure, asking the person who saddled you up to remove it—or add some padding to the saddle—will probably make you feel better, but in the end, you'll still be pulling his cart, and eating his hay.

Anti Federalist
10-26-2011, 11:21 PM
http://www.dollarvigilante.com/storage/2011/2011-11-november/Travel%20School%20Prison.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVE RSION=1319572920963

Warrior_of_Freedom
10-26-2011, 11:22 PM
I'm glad I finished my state education before things got absurd (metal detectors, cameras everywhere, being searched, etc) Even prisoners are allowed to take a piss. I mean, they live next to the toilet.

donnay
10-26-2011, 11:53 PM
I served my time...but of course, I was not your average go along to get along student. I was a rebel before I truly wide awake, now I am a renegade. :cool:

heavenlyboy34
10-27-2011, 12:02 AM
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/School-vs.-Prison.jpg

A period of time served in either one is called a term.

(Hat tip to LRC blog)
qft and +rep. That was my experience in the government "schools" as well. Except prisoners are allowed to smoke and don't have to ask permission to use the bathroom, IIRC. I got a week of suspension for smoking on campus once.

heavenlyboy34
10-27-2011, 12:13 AM
I see this more and more across the country.

You have to look closely to see what the building actually is, prison or school.
well, ya gotta be able to lock down on the little buggers in case some rascals try to pull a Columbine. /sarcasm

WarNoMore
10-27-2011, 01:10 AM
the poor education is bad enough, but I also think that schools turn kids off from learning. It makes learning so rigid and boring. set routines and constant grading puts unnecessary pressure on kids rather than letting them learn in a way they're more comfortable with.

I think the prison comparison also extends to your fellow inmates, or rather classmates. The social dynamic is similar, with kids feeling pressured to fit in or be a target of abuse.

AlexAmore
10-27-2011, 01:21 AM
--

AlexAmore
10-27-2011, 01:23 AM
Thankfully my mom didn't like the public schools and eventually took me out while still in middle school. Family and mom's friends were all concerned and gave my mom a lot of shit for it. Now their jealous and have actually apologized because I'm way smarter and way more successful than their children.

I think a natural desire to constantly learn, grow, and challenge yourself intellectually is an inherent human attribute but through the great destruction called public school and TV it gets extremely suppressed.

By the way, my mom didn't teach me anything or buy anything to cater to my learning "needs". I was totally left to my own devices. I did find some philosophy books laying around and reading those was like steroids for my mind. It was like my mind turned into a crack addict for information. No wonder law school prefers philosophy majors more than anything else. You come out smart afterwards.

DamianTV
10-27-2011, 01:56 AM
We havent even talked about the worst thing that happens in Public Schools yet. We all know they dont support teaching the information that they are expected to, we know that what is taught in Schools is Conformity and Authority, but what we dont talk about is how they fail to teach anyone, including Teachers, to think for themselves. A society of fully awake citizens capable of Critical Thinking is the most dangerous thing that could happen to the Status Quo.

It is more important to understand HOW to Think rather than WHAT to Think, IMHO.

For example: Mathematics. The Easy Way. One Hundred Eleven Million One Hundred Eleven Thousand One Hundred Eleven SQUARED is Twelve Quadrillion Three Hundred Forty Five Trillion Six Hundred Seventy Eight Billion Nine Hundred Eighty Seven Million Six Hundred Fifty Four Thousand Three Hundred Twenty One. Wow! That's a mouthful! And my fingers are tired. Go punch it in on a calculator. Or the Button formely known as Start, Run, calc, hit enter. Punch in the numbers. It is dead accurate. I'll explain how to do it in your head in a sec...

Schools fail to teach Critical Thinking and how to think for yourself. They fail to teach people to recognize PATTERNS. Most things we recognize as useful comes from there being a pattern. Cows bear offspring. Pattern. When animals get preggers, they produce milk. Milk that can be harvested and sold. Pattern. Wheels are round. Pattern. Mathematics is ALL Patterns. Here is another one. The "Elevens" Trick. Whats Forty Two times Eleven? Four Hundred Sixty Two. Dont do the long math or the way you were taught in school, look for the Pattern. If you simply add the two numbers together and put the sum in the middle, you get the Right Answer. Four plus Two is Six, thus its Four Six Two. I'll just go back to typing in actual numbers now instead of spelling them out. 25 x 11 = 2 + 5 which is 7, put it in between the 2 and the 5 and you have 2 7 5, 275. How much money do you have if you have 11 quarters? Make sense?

Numbers with 1 in them are usually the easiest to do in your head. And its all about patterns. But if we dont teach patterns, you'll never know what you missed. So we've already had the "Elevens Trick". The SQUARES of whole numbers consisting of ALL ONES is also extremely easy. Again, dont do the Long Math the way you were taught in school, and this isnt some of that New Math Bullshit. Try this one 111 Squared. That means 111 x 111. The EASY way to do it is to count the total number of numbers in the string itself. There are THREE numbers in the string. Thus, count to THREE, then back down to ONE. 1 2 3 2 1. Or with correct comma placement, 12,321. Check it on your Calculator. Easy Peasy right? How about this one? 11,111 Squared? Five digits, count from ONE to FIVE, then back down to ONE. 1 2 3 4 5 4 3 2 1. Or with correct comma placement: 123,454,321 Thats a one hundred million figure number that you can pull effortlessly out of your head in less than a second. So lets go back to the biggest number this trick works for, total of NINE numbers: 111,111,111 Squared, or 111,111,111 Times 111,111,111 has a solution of 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1. See the Pattern? 12,345,678,987,654,321, or like I said earlier, Twelve Quadrillion. Most people dont even know what follows a Trillion. Most peole dont even know what a Trillion. Well, lets break it down. Trillion. Tri. Tri means 3. Triangle. Billion. Bi. Bi means 2. Million. Mil means 1. Thus after 3, you go to 4. 4 is Quad. Its just Latin. After Quad its Quin, which means 5, Sex is Latin for Six not to put your peepee in her hoohaa. Septillion Sep, like September because September used to be the Seventh Month. Sep is 7. So on and so forth. This is BASIC MATH. Nothing hard about it. But we teach it like it takes someone elses approval of you for you to be able to perform two plus two.

Critical Thinking is the most important thing that we have failed to teach. Critical Thinking allows us to recognize the patterns and ask the pertinent useful questions. And its pretty clear why it was one of the first classes to get cut when School Budgets got cut.

So what is the solution to the whole problem? People need to quit expecting someone else to actually give a shit about their lives and their childrens lives and grow a pair and do something to improve their own lives. The Home Schoolers are the best example. They take responsibility for educating their children where the Government has failed to live up to its empty promises. Home Schoolers teach their children what is relevant, how to think, and do a much better job than any free service. Have you ever gotten anything for free? Yeah, its fucking crap. Sign up for our "Free Newsletter". Crap. They just sell your email address. Someone gives away free food? Yeah, its crap. Its part of a promotion. Usually promoting the cheapest garbage they can so their cost is probably less than running a commercial. FREE IS SHIT. Free Education is not excluded from that statement. Nothing is Free. Anything offered as Free can be just as easily accomplished by a little effort on the persons part, or it is given in exchange for some measure of control, influence, or coersion. And I am using the word Free to mean "Without Cost", as the definition of the word changes when used in statements like "Free Market" which means without control, but not without value. The cost of Free when it comes to Schools is that it costs us our children's minds and their futures. The costs of Free are too high for me to ever reasonably think that Public Education has any value. I'd spend the rest of my life trying to undo the damage that a Public Indoctrination Center would and could do to my child in a single day. Let alone a Lifetime. And Free usually attracts those desprate enough that eventually they are taught exactly what is expected to be learnt, Dependancy. Dependancy on the System. Dependancy on the System for the Control they were not taught to have over themselves, their minds, or their futures.

The Failures of the Public School System to teach our children how to function in a world enslaved to the rules of the Elite is a burden to be beared by all of Society for Generations to come.

WarNoMore
10-27-2011, 03:14 AM
By the way, my mom didn't teach me anything or buy anything to cater to my learning "needs". I was totally left to my own devices. I did find some philosophy books laying around and reading those was like steroids for my mind. It was like my mind turned into a crack addict for information. No wonder law school prefers philosophy majors more than anything else. You come out smart afterwards.

Good stuff. Philosophy would go a long way to rectifying the many wrongs of the education system. Even if Catholic schools focused more on the philosophical side of Christianity rather than the sky god stuff it would be of immense benefit.

We havent even talked about the worst thing that happens in Public Schools yet. We all know they dont support teaching the information that they are expected to, we know that what is taught in Schools is Conformity and Authority, but what we dont talk about is how they fail to teach anyone, including Teachers, to think for themselves. A society of fully awake citizens capable of Critical Thinking is the most dangerous thing that could happen to the Status Quo.

Definitely. One of the first philosophers I encountered was George Carlin, and he talked about the ruling class not being interested in critical thinkers. Obedience and achievement are what the system encourages rather than learning. I know where I went to school cheating was rampant, and I went to Catholic and prep schools. So that undermines obedience, achievement, and learning when the kids are cheating to pass tests.

Kids learn a very unfortunate moral lesson when cheating is so rampant in schools. They don't learn a respect for the law because the rules they have to follow are oppressive and are constantly broken by fellow classmates. They learn that the law is either something you just have to put up with or something that you can break, both ways of thinking are very useful to the state. They need obedient workers/taxpayers and they also need prisoners.

DamianTV
10-27-2011, 04:31 AM
I think you nailed it on the head. Obedient people is the Product that Schools produce, and those that are not obedient are profited from in other ways. Privately owned and Government Funded Prisons.

Obedience is the Real Foundation for Misplaced power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NcLNoxiPBk

Someone else pointed out this video on the Chain of Obedience, and I think it definitely nails the consequences of Obedience. Short and sweet, only like two minutes. BTW, whats 43 x 11? No cheating!

Madly_Sane
10-27-2011, 05:20 AM
I'm not in favor of gov't schools or anything, but the rules are there for a reason. I keep up with news on anything that goes on in schools local to me. Recently, there was a 15 year old girl shot in the neck and another incident (less than a week later) where a rifle was involved on campus (allegedly gang-related) an both incidents happened in the same area. I know how adolescents are, they're naive and short-tempered, even over small things like bumping shoulders on the stairs. These strict rules wouldn't need to be there if parents (YES, I blame the parents) disciplined their children correctly, or atleast effectively.
Public schools of today, educationally speaking, are a joke and not a funny one either.

donnay
10-27-2011, 09:02 AM

It is more important to understand HOW to Think rather than WHAT to Think, IMHO.

For example: Mathematics. The Easy Way. One Hundred Eleven Million One Hundred Eleven Thousand One Hundred Eleven SQUARED is Twelve Quadrillion Three Hundred Forty Five Trillion Six Hundred Seventy Eight Billion Nine Hundred Eighty Seven Million Six Hundred Fifty Four Thousand Three Hundred Twenty One. Wow! That's a mouthful! And my fingers are tired. Go punch it in on a calculator. Or the Button formely known as Start, Run, calc, hit enter. Punch in the numbers. It is dead accurate. I'll explain how to do it in your head in a sec...

Schools fail to teach Critical Thinking and how to think for yourself. They fail to teach people to recognize PATTERNS. Most things we recognize as useful comes from there being a pattern. Cows bear offspring. Pattern. When animals get preggers, they produce milk. Milk that can be harvested and sold. Pattern. Wheels are round. Pattern. Mathematics is ALL Patterns. Here is another one. The "Elevens" Trick. Whats Forty Two times Eleven? Four Hundred Sixty Two. Dont do the long math or the way you were taught in school, look for the Pattern. If you simply add the two numbers together and put the sum in the middle, you get the Right Answer. Four plus Two is Six, thus its Four Six Two. I'll just go back to typing in actual numbers now instead of spelling them out. 25 x 11 = 2 + 5 which is 7, put it in between the 2 and the 5 and you have 2 7 5, 275. How much money do you have if you have 11 quarters? Make sense?

Numbers with 1 in them are usually the easiest to do in your head. And its all about patterns. But if we dont teach patterns, you'll never know what you missed. So we've already had the "Elevens Trick". The SQUARES of whole numbers consisting of ALL ONES is also extremely easy. Again, dont do the Long Math the way you were taught in school, and this isnt some of that New Math Bullshit. Try this one 111 Squared. That means 111 x 111. The EASY way to do it is to count the total number of numbers in the string itself. There are THREE numbers in the string. Thus, count to THREE, then back down to ONE. 1 2 3 2 1. Or with correct comma placement, 12,321. Check it on your Calculator. Easy Peasy right? How about this one? 11,111 Squared? Five digits, count from ONE to FIVE, then back down to ONE. 1 2 3 4 5 4 3 2 1. Or with correct comma placement: 123,454,321 Thats a one hundred million figure number that you can pull effortlessly out of your head in less than a second. So lets go back to the biggest number this trick works for, total of NINE numbers: 111,111,111 Squared, or 111,111,111 Times 111,111,111 has a solution of 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1. See the Pattern? 12,345,678,987,654,321, or like I said earlier, Twelve Quadrillion. Most people dont even know what follows a Trillion. Most peole dont even know what a Trillion. Well, lets break it down. Trillion. Tri. Tri means 3. Triangle. Billion. Bi. Bi means 2. Million. Mil means 1. Thus after 3, you go to 4. 4 is Quad. Its just Latin. After Quad its Quin, which means 5, Sex is Latin for Six not to put your peepee in her hoohaa. Septillion Sep, like September because September used to be the Seventh Month. Sep is 7. So on and so forth. This is BASIC MATH. Nothing hard about it. But we teach it like it takes someone elses approval of you for you to be able to perform two plus two.

Critical Thinking is the most important thing that we have failed to teach. Critical Thinking allows us to recognize the patterns and ask the pertinent useful questions. And its pretty clear why it was one of the first classes to get cut when School Budgets got cut.

So what is the solution to the whole problem? People need to quit expecting someone else to actually give a shit about their lives and their childrens lives and grow a pair and do something to improve their own lives. The Home Schoolers are the best example. They take responsibility for educating their children where the Government has failed to live up to its empty promises. Home Schoolers teach their children what is relevant, how to think, and do a much better job than any free service. Have you ever gotten anything for free? Yeah, its fucking crap. Sign up for our "Free Newsletter". Crap. They just sell your email address. Someone gives away free food? Yeah, its crap. Its part of a promotion. Usually promoting the cheapest garbage they can so their cost is probably less than running a commercial. FREE IS SHIT. Free Education is not excluded from that statement. Nothing is Free. Anything offered as Free can be just as easily accomplished by a little effort on the persons part, or it is given in exchange for some measure of control, influence, or coersion. And I am using the word Free to mean "Without Cost", as the definition of the word changes when used in statements like "Free Market" which means without control, but not without value. The cost of Free when it comes to Schools is that it costs us our children's minds and their futures. The costs of Free are too high for me to ever reasonably think that Public Education has any value. I'd spend the rest of my life trying to undo the damage that a Public Indoctrination Center would and could do to my child in a single day. Let alone a Lifetime. And Free usually attracts those desprate enough that eventually they are taught exactly what is expected to be learnt, Dependancy. Dependancy on the System. Dependancy on the System for the Control they were not taught to have over themselves, their minds, or their futures.

The Failures of the Public School System to teach our children how to function in a world enslaved to the rules of the Elite is a burden to be beared by all of Society for Generations to come.

Outstanding! I just learned math the easy way!! Been out of school 27 years!! Thank you!
+rep

I would encourage anyone who has children to watch this powerful interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1wVB8gBkD8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTheJe8Yw2I&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5Ogb2zBWJw&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noIgNClNWHU&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDKradIHqtU&feature=related

It will be the best learning experience you have ever seen!!

oyarde
10-27-2011, 10:57 AM
I'll take that one step further. The middle school I attended was designed by an architect that also designed...state prisons. His plan was so efficient that it actually, with minimal alterations, could have been converted into a prison (Hint, hint!). It was, without a doubt, the only school I have ever entered that was designed and run in a manner to crush those who ask questions. God only knows how many children were ruined by the place. My middle school looks exactly like a prison without the fence . It is an elementary school now .

oyarde
10-27-2011, 10:59 AM
You know what's funny? The same two or three people neg rep me here whenever I say something bad about state-schools. I am totally perplexed by it... Well , it was not me , I would never do that to you . How many neg reps have you gotten today ?

Anti Federalist
10-27-2011, 11:24 AM
////

affa
10-27-2011, 11:37 AM
I remember back in public school in the 1980's I was forced to watch multiple viewings of Nostradamus videos (usually one per year, kids saw it as a 'break' from class) that both implied and suggested Qaddafi was the anti-christ.

No joke. This was in NJ.

Anti Federalist
11-10-2011, 02:03 PM
////

noxagol
11-10-2011, 04:30 PM
My dad's old high school is now a county prison and has been for quite some time.

donnay
11-10-2011, 04:54 PM
My dad's old high school is now a county prison and has been for quite some time.

It was a prison then...just more modernized.

ShaneEnochs
11-10-2011, 05:16 PM
You know, besides basic math and reading/writing skills, I don't believe I learned anything worth retaining in school. Most of the "history" they taught was nonsense (see Lincoln). I've learned more from the Science Channel / Discovery channel / History channel than I ever learned at school. I've learned more from the INTERNET than I've learned from anywhere.

donnay
11-10-2011, 05:19 PM
You know, besides basic math and reading/writing skills, I don't believe I learned anything worth retaining in school. Most of the "history" they taught was nonsense (see Lincoln). I've learned more from the Science Channel / Discovery channel / History channel than I ever learned at school. I've learned more from the INTERNET than I've learned from anywhere.

I totally agree. I learned more on my own then I EVER learned in the re-education institutes.

The Free Hornet
11-10-2011, 07:09 PM
I'm not in favor of gov't schools or anything, but the rules are there for a reason. I keep up with news on anything that goes on in schools local to me. Recently, there was a 15 year old girl shot in the neck and another incident (less than a week later) where a rifle was involved on campus (allegedly gang-related) an both incidents happened in the same area. I know how adolescents are, they're naive and short-tempered, even over small things like bumping shoulders on the stairs. These strict rules wouldn't need to be there if parents (YES, I blame the parents) disciplined their children correctly, or atleast effectively.
Public schools of today, educationally speaking, are a joke and not a funny one either.

The government has engaged in several domestic wars. Of most significance as pertains to schools is the War on Drugs. The nature of schools and this war ensures that schools will be in the center of this war. I don't doubt there is a failure on the part of parents but their is absolutely ZERO FUCKING AUTHORITY on the part of the government or any citizen of the United States to hold them the least bit accountable for this bullshit.

If parents disciplined their children appropriately, there would be lots of congress critters getting spanked by their elderly parents. It is not going to happen until we get to the root of the problem. I hope you understand how shameful and immoral these wars are. The consequences are inevitable. It is so apparent that the only "reason" for the war on drugs is people addicted to the police state it engenders. They like the "jobs" program and their little statist minds can't grapple with "What do we do with millions of non-violent prisoners?". Like, why do anything at all?

Why is it that the Ron Paul Trillion Dollar deficit reduction program is not met with 'why we need the programs' but rather, "What will the poor overpayed DC employees do?".

The government doesn't care about the quality of our processed meats, only how many hands they can put on the process itself. As regards the educational process, they want it to produce crime and they have lots of jobs based on this.

ryanmkeisling
11-10-2011, 07:56 PM
Much, if not all, of what we associate with compulsory public education, dating back to its roots between 1852–1918, including everything from multiple-choice tests to punch clocks to required courses to sitting in rows, was developed with the goals of removing habitual independent thinking from the citizenry. OWS is simply an example of what happens when a beast of burden gets a stone in the wrong place, but has no idea what do to about it.

This^^^

The society has been dysfunctional for decades, run by unstable, sociopathic men. In fact you could say that people like Dick Cheney, Rumsfeld, etc. are psychopathic. Why is it any wonder when we are indoctrinated as youths and taught history as a timeline based entirely on WAR(s)?

Most people play the role that they have been assigned...

ryanmkeisling
11-10-2011, 07:56 PM
Much, if not all, of what we associate with compulsory public education, dating back to its roots between 1852–1918, including everything from multiple-choice tests to punch clocks to required courses to sitting in rows, was developed with the goals of removing habitual independent thinking from the citizenry. OWS is simply an example of what happens when a beast of burden gets a stone in the wrong place, but has no idea what do to about it.

This^^^

The society has been dysfunctional for decades, run by unstable, sociopathic men. In fact you could say that people like Dick Cheney, Rumsfeld, etc. are psychopathic. Why is it any wonder when we are indoctrinated as youths and taught history as a timeline based entirely on WAR(s)?

Most people play the role that they have been assigned...

ryanmkeisling
11-10-2011, 08:57 PM

This^^^

Most people play the role that they have been assigned...young people especially.

Marenco
11-11-2011, 12:13 AM
''School is the advertising agency which makes you believe you need the society as it is.'' - Marshall Mcluhan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ogCc8ObiwQ

donnay
11-11-2011, 09:25 AM
John Taylor Gatto: Schooling is not Education - Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKci3_cmlqI&feature=related

bolil
11-11-2011, 12:34 PM
Schools are propaganda producing institutions, they are good at what they do. The catch is if you don't get indoctrinated you usually end up frying chicken... sad but true... Im frying chicken tonight.

donnay
11-11-2011, 12:36 PM
Schools are propaganda producing institutions, they are good at what they do. The catch is if you don't get indoctrinated you usually end up frying chicken... sad but true... Im frying chicken tonight.

Better to fry the chicken then be the chicken! ;)

Madly_Sane
11-28-2011, 03:32 AM
The government has engaged in several domestic wars. Of most significance as pertains to schools is the War on Drugs. The nature of schools and this war ensures that schools will be in the center of this war. I don't doubt there is a failure on the part of parents but their is absolutely ZERO FUCKING AUTHORITY on the part of the government or any citizen of the United States to hold them the least bit accountable for this bullshit.

If parents disciplined their children appropriately, there would be lots of congress critters getting spanked by their elderly parents. It is not going to happen until we get to the root of the problem. I hope you understand how shameful and immoral these wars are. The consequences are inevitable. It is so apparent that the only "reason" for the war on drugs is people addicted to the police state it engenders. They like the "jobs" program and their little statist minds can't grapple with "What do we do with millions of non-violent prisoners?". Like, why do anything at all?

Why is it that the Ron Paul Trillion Dollar deficit reduction program is not met with 'why we need the programs' but rather, "What will the poor overpayed DC employees do?".

The government doesn't care about the quality of our processed meats, only how many hands they can put on the process itself. As regards the educational process, they want it to produce crime and they have lots of jobs based on this.
Concerning adolescents and the War on Drugs, it's a triangle that needs to broken. Kids are given rules, kids want to break the rules (it's natural), the drug industry and war is fueled even more creating more rules for kids and SO ON. If drugs were legal and The War on Drugs didn't exist, then everything would be fine and dandy. But, they're not. Tackle the War on Drugs and gain the freedom back for your kids.