PDA

View Full Version : The re-branded Women for Ron Paul website is up!

justinpagewood
10-26-2011, 03:04 PM
Check it out at: http://womenforronpaul.com/

Will feature more blog posts by women about women's issues, as well as more photo galleries.

http://womenforronpaul.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/women-for-ron-paul.jpg (http://www.womenforronpaul.com)

harikaried
10-26-2011, 03:06 PM
There's also a 28-page lookbook:

http://lookbook.ronpauldesigns.com/

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-8eGhTmQJDhQ/TqhL6coVfbI/AAAAAAAABJw/VZHekyN2Bpg/s1600/lookbook2.jpeg (http://lookbook.ronpauldesigns.com/)

This is one of the easiest ways to spread the message of Liberty to your friends and family. This 8.5" x 11", 28-page lookbook will be full of photos about Women and why they support Ron Paul for President in 2012.

Keep as a coffee-table book, or at your desk, as an easy-to-share conversational piece. The lookbook will be released in late November 2011 and will be limited edition.

Pre-order now before they sell out! Only 1,000 are being made. Get the 28-page lookbook for just $12.99 - including shipping to anywhere in the U.S.

harikaried
10-26-2011, 03:14 PM
For those looking for the Facebook page:

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/Women

Justin, I'm assuming the campaign is in charge of the coalition, but they have you working on the website and design?

sailingaway
10-26-2011, 03:15 PM
Would you care to have me change your thread title? Pretend you never saw it before and read it again....

PursuePeace
10-26-2011, 03:21 PM
Doesn't seem very diverse...

Rocket_pilot
10-26-2011, 03:36 PM

I appreciate all the help on this campaign we can get, but I agree with the above supporter. I'm sure older women, moms, and various minorities would find nothing to identify with here. Let's face it, there is a reason 20 year old women don't show up in Depends diaper commercials. People look for someone that they can identify with when looking at websites like this.

Again, appreciate the effort. Not sure it's really being as effective as it should be. Older people tend to vote more. This doesn't help swing that voting block our way. No offense : )

eleganz
10-26-2011, 03:37 PM

that is what i think..

Its more like young women for RP.

MelissaWV
10-26-2011, 03:40 PM
I appreciate all the help on this campaign we can get, but I agree with the above supporter. I'm sure older women, moms, and various minorities would find nothing to identify with here. Let's face it, there is a reason 20 year old women don't show up in Depends diaper commercials. People look for someone that they can identify with when looking at websites like this.

Again, appreciate the effort. Not sure it's really being as effective as it should be. Older people tend to vote more. This doesn't help swing that voting block our way. No offense : )

This site doesn't look like it is really geared towards women, honestly.

Trying to convince me I should look into Ron Paul because "intelligent and beautiful women" vote for him, while a line of polished happy younglings smiles at me... again, it seems that this would appeal more to young men, really, or superficial ladies (I'm sure there are some out there who'd vote for Ron Paul), but I agree that any effort is a good effort as long as it does no harm. This does no harm. This also, though, makes me cringe.

I did want to add that the second blog listed on the page does make some great points. Unfortunately it is well down the page, after a couple of glamour shots, a video about the photo shoot, and a fluffy "health care should be freely available" piece.

TexMac
10-26-2011, 03:41 PM
Isn't a lookbook what models take to go-sees? What is a lookbook in a political website?

Rocket_pilot
10-26-2011, 04:08 PM
This site doesn't look like it is really geared towards women, honestly.

Trying to convince me I should look into Ron Paul because "intelligent and beautiful women" vote for him, while a line of polished happy younglings smiles at me... again, it seems that this would appeal more to young men, really, or superficial ladies (I'm sure there are some out there who'd vote for Ron Paul), but I agree that any effort is a good effort as long as it does no harm. This does no harm. This also, though, makes me cringe.

I did want to add that the second blog listed on the page does make some great points. Unfortunately it is well down the page, after a couple of glamour shots, a video about the photo shoot, and a fluffy "health care should be freely available" piece.

Agree with you 100%. As a red blooded male I love the website. But when my brain kicks back in it tells me this website isn't really doing much for the campaign.

Razare
10-26-2011, 07:30 PM
I think it might appeal to younger women who aren't necessarily looking into politics already. I disagree that it has male appeal. I mean it's always nice to see an attractive young woman being vocal about a candidate, but I don't think it sways men, nor would they find that site.

As for what's been said about young people not voting so let's not focus on them, I think that's the wrong course. Young people don't vote because they don't like candidates from the baby-boomer generation or generation X. In many ways it is those generations that have caused the current problems we face today and young people in no way identify with it. We see politicians and the media lie every day and so many of us think we have no voice, nor do we find the process inspiring.

I think it's a good idea to try and inspire young voters because I think many if not most are in fact libertarian whether they realize it or not.

My point here is if a candidate inspired young people to vote, they'd probably have a shot winning elections.

Tod
10-26-2011, 07:36 PM

That's what I was thinking....they need my 86 y.o. mom in the pic, among others... :)

MelissaWV
10-26-2011, 08:21 PM
I think it might appeal to younger women who aren't necessarily looking into politics already. I disagree that it has male appeal. I mean it's always nice to see an attractive young woman being vocal about a candidate, but I don't think it sways men, nor would they find that site.

As for what's been said about young people not voting so let's not focus on them, I think that's the wrong course. Young people don't vote because they don't like candidates from the baby-boomer generation or generation X. In many ways it is those generations that have caused the current problems we face today and young people in no way identify with it. We see politicians and the media lie every day and so many of us think we have no voice, nor do we find the process inspiring.

I think it's a good idea to try and inspire young voters because I think many if not most are in fact libertarian whether they realize it or not.

My point here is if a candidate inspired young people to vote, they'd probably have a shot winning elections.

Right. Because that site is all about politics and doesn't come off as a dating site.

She likes politics, guinea pigs, her ukelele and Ron Paul.

PierzStyx
10-26-2011, 08:25 PM
that is what i think..

Its more like young women for RP.

Well lets be honest. There probably aren't very many 89 yr old women for Dr. Paul. Not saying there aren't any at all, just in comparison I bet he has 10x the support in young women that he does with middle aged and elderly ladies.

Chainspell
10-26-2011, 08:27 PM
awesome work as always justin! +rep!

PierzStyx
10-26-2011, 08:28 PM
Right. Because that site is all about politics and doesn't come off as a dating site.

Fair point about the description. But I think the blog http://womenforronpaul.com/blog/ offsets that a bit. While short what is already there is very intelligent and done very well.

MelissaWV
10-26-2011, 08:28 PM
Well lets be honest. There probably aren't very many 89 yr old women for Dr. Paul. Not saying there aren't any at all, just in comparison I bet he has 10x the support in young women that he does with middle aged and elderly ladies.

You are really, really wrong.

MelissaWV
10-26-2011, 08:29 PM
Fair point about the description. But I think the blog http://womenforronpaul.com/blog/ offsets that a bit. While short what is already there is very intelligent and done very well.

What I posted was from that page.

amy31416
10-26-2011, 08:33 PM
It's a sharp website, clean look, and they don't look like models. I like it. Will it attract more voters? Not sure about that.

danda
10-26-2011, 08:33 PM
I just found that Bonnie Kristian, one of the women on the women4paul site actually has a blog that seems to me (a man) like it would be more persuasive, and less in-your-face for women. Check it out:

http://bonniekristian.com/

Invi
10-26-2011, 08:50 PM
It looks so simple. Clean, yes, but not particularly interesting. I'm not too fond of it myself.
I'm also a bit curious as to what qualifies as "women's issues".
I'm not playing the collectivist card, and I'm certainly not a feminist, I'm just confused as to what effects us that doesn't effect anyone else besides maybe ovarian cancer treatment or other distinctly female medical concerns.
It's not abortion. That effects fathers of the babies, too.

PursuePeace
10-26-2011, 09:05 PM
It looks so simple. Clean, yes, but not particularly interesting. I'm not too fond of it myself.
I'm also a bit curious as to what qualifies as "women's issues".
I'm not playing the collectivist card, and I'm certainly not a feminist, I'm just confused as to what effects us that doesn't effect anyone else besides maybe ovarian cancer treatment or other distinctly female medical concerns.
It's not abortion. That effects fathers of the babies, too.

See this is more or less my perspective.

I mean what would the "Men for Ron Paul" website look like..

????

amy31416
10-26-2011, 09:21 PM
See this is more or less my perspective.

I mean what would the "Men for Ron Paul" website look like..

????

I would love to see that. :)

Okay fellas, submit your pics to me, and I will get this site going, stat!

(No penis pics, please--okay, a few won't hurt anyone.)

Chainspell
10-26-2011, 09:25 PM

amy!!

i am shocked! shocked!! gonna need some time to recover from this...

amy31416
10-26-2011, 09:29 PM
amy!!

i am shocked! shocked!! gonna need some time to recover from this...

Don't tell anyone. I'm ashamed of myself. Deeply ashamed.

wstrucke
10-26-2011, 09:41 PM
As a man I approve of both this thread and the new website.

Birdlady
10-26-2011, 09:50 PM
I dunno what to think about it.

I like the pictures and concept behind it. However when this was first introduced, there was some concern it would just become a dating site for guys or something for them to look through to check out women. I feel like that's exactly what the site has become. Listing each woman's name on there and 3-5 pictures of them is not appealing to other women.

On top of that the lookbook pretty much seals the deal that this is NOT for women at all and it's for the male RP supporters. What woman would buy that? How does that get women to support RP?

I like the blog section though and I think that's what the entire site should be... That's my 2 cents.

Rocket_pilot
10-26-2011, 10:09 PM

There you state the cruxt of the problem with this site, and sometimes even the campaign itself. Younger people historically don't turn out to vote in the same numbers that middle aged and older people do. 'Tis a fact. Hence the good ole' MTV "Rock the Vote" campaigns to encourage younger voters. But it doesn't quite work. In the end more older than younger people vote. This website does nothing to represent the female demographics most likely to vote in the first place. Now, Ron Paul has done an outstanding job generating a strong younger base. But the blocks that vote the most still aren't buying into his message? Why? Well, I'm not a campaign strategist. Possibly he could deliver a better message on the micro effects of his economic plan. How does it translate into jobs, etc. But I digress. This website ignores the demographics that vote the most. Middle aged and older people. And despite talk to the contrary, a middle aged or older woman might look at those women as being not quite conservatively dressed. A generation gap in terms of culture.

We need more 89 year old women voting for Paul. And certainly more of the middle aged types. This website ain't helping the cause folks. Im sorry for picking on this persons work. I'm sure the heart is in the right place. But this is an example of what Karl Rove was talking about. We need to break outside activities like this that only speak to the age group that Paul has on lockdown. To break this down further, it also explains in many ways his strong Internet presence and following. Young people are more in tuned to social Internet media. Paul owns the younger voting crowd. Hence he owns the Internet political war in many ways. Older people still value newspaper and TV more to get their news. That's where we need to somehow get our message out. I've liked the idea of a 30 minute informercial to get this done. It brings the message to the voting demo we need. Maybe full page print ads in the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, and USA today among other. Possibly Newseek, Time, etc. As well.

bottom line:

We need that older voting block folks or this campaign is toast come primaries. We need a concise, clear message on a micro level that explains how Ron will solve everyday problems for these folks. And we need to deliver the message via the way they receive their information. Don't give up on what we are doing, but expand the plan of attack. And of course don't give up the efforts on the grassroots level, but start to focus on those older demos!

Ok, done with my diatribe. Just the view of a 34 year old guy caught between the younger and older generations, who sees where some of these gaps lie! ; )

justinpagewood
10-26-2011, 10:49 PM
All of your suggestions are excellent and very appreciated.

My best suggestion in response is that all of you ask yourself how you can make this campaign better, with the talents you have, and build something and do something unique and creative, and build coalitions with other people that share your vision. This campaign needs more people who are willing to go out there and do creative things, inspired by Ron Paul's campaign.

Maximus
10-26-2011, 10:57 PM
I'm considering buying a few books to leave in doctor/dentist offices.

I think the execution on this is excellent. We need to boost our numbers with women. Young women might see this and get inspired, talk about it with their mothers and bam- you're reaching out to the older demographics.

Maximus
10-26-2011, 11:00 PM
Second point- it's obvious that Justin did his homework. He wouldn't have inspired 12 young women to come out for a photo shoot, blog, and share their thoughts on Ron Paul if they weren't inspired by it as well. Will it inspire all women? Probably not. But it will inspire many young women, and that is what matters.

PursuePeace
10-26-2011, 11:03 PM
Well... if this is, in fact, geared towards women, I would hope that the advice given by said targted audience, is taken to heart.

Rocket_pilot
10-26-2011, 11:20 PM
Second point- it's obvious that Justin did his homework. He wouldn't have inspired 12 young women to come out for a photo shoot, blog, and share their thoughts on Ron Paul if they weren't inspired by it as well. Will it inspire all women? Probably not. But it will inspire many young women, and that is what matters.

Although I understand and appreciate your point, it's going after a demographic the campaign has had some success with. Certainly success with women has been to a lesser extent, but younger people for sure have warmed to the campaigns message.

Middle aged and older people vote way more than younger people do. Not to downplay the importance of the younger vote. Every vote counts! But with such great talent, why not focus on the middle of the bell curve and not the edge?

I guess I'm using the website as an Allegory to the overall campaign. I see such a focus put on mediums (twitter, Facebook,etc etc) that are not the PRIMARY means of obtaining information for the older voting blocks that vote the most. Do those people use the Internet and those mediums? Heck yeah. But they pay much less attention or place much less weight on information received from online sources than you may think. And when they do tune in to a website such as the one on this thread, they see a bunch of young women who are at a point in life that is completely different from their own. The concerns and life experiences, and hence the way decisions are made, are different from a 20 year old to a 40 year old to a 60 year old and so on. If I'm a 49 year old lady with three kids seeing a bunch of young ladies touting Paul I don't put as much weight on their opinion. They can't truly understand all the same concerns I may have when choosing a president. Some commonality will exist for certain, but not as much as you may think. And even if they hit on everything I may care about, I put way less weight on it because it's not coming from someone with a similar experience and potential world view.

God, I feel like I'm bashing the poor guy that made this website. I'm really not. I swear. But this website doesn't have nearly the impact on where it counts the most: Middle aged and older women who get out and vote in greater numbers than their younger counterparts. The designers talents could have helped the campaign reach those crucial women.

Alrighty, I'm done I swear. I apologize for coming off as a downer. It's really not my purpose. In fact I admire the fact the web designer is taking the comments in stride. Says a lot about the persons character to not take the critique personally : )

harikaried
10-28-2011, 06:48 PM
What happened to the website? It now just redirects to the Facebook page.

But if the website is mainly to target and convince young women to vote for Ron Paul, that could really be key in improving the 2 lowest categories for Ron Paul:

18 to 29:

Obama 58%
Paul 33%

Woman:

Obama 54%
Paul 33%

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?326570-PPP-Poll-Wisconsin-General-Election-Ron-Paul-leads-with-Independents

Hopefully the site will get not only young women voters but also the individual "young" and "women" categories too.

Christelle
10-29-2011, 08:57 PM

No hairy asses either! :D

FSP-Rebel
10-29-2011, 09:16 PM
Enyways..