PDA

View Full Version : Polls: Romney Leads in First Four Primary States - in 3 of the 4 Ron Paul is in Third

sailingaway
10-26-2011, 03:04 PM
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2011/10/polls-romney-leads-in-first-four-primary-states/247431/

and given you can change registration the night of the caucus in Iowa, query how much better Ron would do if they polled all planning on caucusing rather than just Republicans in Iowa?

In NH it is equally bad because while they have indies and GOP it is only the ones who voted in the 2008 primary, when many independents were voting for Obama, not knowing what he would turn out to be.

soo... the numbers should probably be even better.

sailingaway
10-26-2011, 03:48 PM
and www.drudgereport.com has linked to this version of the story: http://hotlineoncall.nationaljournal.com/archives/2011/10/new-polls-show-1.php and everyone reading it will see that in most early states Ron is currently in 3rd place.

nasaal
10-26-2011, 05:10 PM
I really hope that there is something we can do to really turn this around. It is looking like a mildly more succcessful version of 2008 for Ron Paul. That breaks my heart as I really want him to win. But what makes him great, is what kills him for the presidency, and that is his unwillingness to bend.

Paul4Prez
10-27-2011, 12:35 AM
12% in Iowa, NH, and even SC -- ahead of Rick Perry.

Note the silence from the media, and the illogic:

Newt Gingrich raises 0.8M in one month and hits 10% in one national poll and gets lots of coverage for his "resurgence" -- search Newt on Google news. Ron Paul raises 2M in one day and hits 12% in the three most critical states and continues to be ignored, called the longest of long shots, and faces questions about peaking and running 3rd party...

CUnknown
10-27-2011, 12:42 AM
I really hope that there is something we can do to really turn this around. It is looking like a mildly more succcessful version of 2008 for Ron Paul. That breaks my heart as I really want him to win. But what makes him great, is what kills him for the presidency, and that is his unwillingness to bend.

Dude, if he bent on any of his positions, the media would scream "Ron Paul flip-flops" if they talked about him at all. His unwillingness to bend is not a hindrance, it is the reason why he is doing so well. The MSM, on the other hand, is a huge hindrance, because unfortunately a lot of people still listen to them for some reason.

TheTexan
10-27-2011, 12:44 AM
I really hope that there is something we can do to really turn this around. It is looking like a mildly more succcessful version of 2008 for Ron Paul.

Ron Paul averaged 6% in Iowa polls before the caucus. He actually got 10%. We're polling 12% now in Iowa. Do the math :)

I don't think that's 'mildly' more successful. Especially considering we still have November and December.

ZanZibar
10-27-2011, 08:38 AM
Interesting how the media is starting to set up the narrative that Romney is the clear front runner.

Ron will very possibly win Iowa. Prepare for a shock heard around the world. Romney will win NH, we'll come in #2. Romney very well will probably win FL unfortunately, and hopefully Cain or Perry will win SC. Then we'll win Nevada and Louisiana and Minnesota all before Super Tuesday. That could make us the anti-Romney going into Super Tuesday which gives us a great opportunity to contrast us and him, especially as other candidates drop out. We can win this thing!