PDA

View Full Version : Rasmussen: Voters Lukewarm Towards Eliminating Cabinet Departments to Reduce Spending

harikaried
10-26-2011, 02:39 PM
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/october_2011/voters_lukewarm_towards_eliminating_cabinet_depart ments_to_reduce_spending

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey of Likely U.S. Voters shows that a plurality (46%) favors eliminating the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban development department, but nearly as many (42%) are opposed. Another 12% are not sure.

Anyone have access to the poll results for the other departments? They checked all 5 that Ron Paul has in his plan.

The question prompt:

1* Proposals have been made to eliminate Cabinet level departments as a way of reducing federal spending. I’m now going to read you a list of Cabinet-level departments. For each please tell me whether you favor or oppose the elimination of that department?

- U.S. Department of Education
- U.S. Department of Commerce
- U.S. Department of Energy
- U.S. Department of The Interior
- U.S. Department of Urban Development

limequat
10-26-2011, 02:40 PM
Hmmm.. why would rasmussen be polling this? I don't like it.

sailingaway
10-26-2011, 02:45 PM
Hmmm.. why would rasmussen be polling this? I don't like it.

fascinating. But lukewarm means more yes than no.

LOL! You can tell Rasmussen's slant here. Not 'voters support this by a plurality' but 'voters aren't strongly in favor of this', ignoring that voters are, in fact, in favor of this.

ItsTime
10-26-2011, 02:47 PM
so in other words, people are in favor Ron Paul's plan. Good to know!

limequat
10-26-2011, 02:48 PM
Somebody paid for this poll and I doubt it was the campaign. It sounds to me like the establishment is fishing for ammo against RP.

Sola_Fide
10-26-2011, 02:50 PM
When I talk to Tea Party people I am surprised how many still think ending the department of energy means we won't have energy anymore in America.:( The task of educating people is still an uphill battle.

gjdavis60
10-26-2011, 03:03 PM
Closing departments is a "radical" proposition compared with business as usual in Washington. I'm not surprised with some initial ambivalence. After all, when was the last time we got rid of a cabinet department? However, like a lot of Ron's ideas, this one will gain more support as people have an opportunity to think about it and come to understand the rationale behind the proposal. After all, it is predicated on the assertion that the economy is far worse than we are being told, and that we can indeed survive and even prosper without these bureaucracies. These are all positions that further distinguish Ron from his opponents and will help galvanize those who decide to support him.

limequat
10-26-2011, 03:03 PM
When I talk to Tea Party people I am surprised how many still think ending the department of energy means we won't have energy anymore in America.:( The task of educating people is still an uphill battle.

Yep and the Department of Education pays for all education in America. I know what you mean :(

BattleFlag1776
10-26-2011, 03:05 PM
For what it's worth, my community is comprised primarily of die-hard Obama supporters and a common bumper sticker I see is: "Democrat 'til I Die." Until Dr. Paul unveiled his plan, they saw him as the least likely Republican to beat Obama. Once the Paul plan came out, they went from being dismissive to down right hostile toward the man and that hostility stems from fear. Those I have talked with now see him as the biggest threat to Obama and fear the Republicans will nominate him due to this.

We just need to keep the pressure on, stay focused and get through these primaries. The Dems know the toughest battle they face is one where Obama is pitted against Paul!

Okie RP fan
10-26-2011, 03:18 PM

No kidding.

So many people, in this case, conservatives and the Fox News types, have screamed for less federal government, the elimination of the useless and expensive departments, but when hit with RP's plan and the reality of it, they've been brainwashed into thinking that it's "draconian."

It makes you sit back and kind of laugh at the hypocrisy and ignorance of it all.

sailingaway
10-26-2011, 03:20 PM
Somebody paid for this poll and I doubt it was the campaign. It sounds to me like the establishment is fishing for ammo against RP.

Either that or Perry is trying to figure out how much of Ron's plan to steal, and needs help gauging the way the wind is blowing before pretending to convictions.

specsaregood
10-26-2011, 03:23 PM
Either that or Perry is trying to figure out how much of Ron's plan to steal, and needs help gauging the way the wind is blowing before pretending to convictions.

that is exactly what it is. but probably not just perry; but the GOP in general.

lucent
10-26-2011, 03:25 PM
It's funny how they spin it. :)

Jandrsn21
10-26-2011, 03:27 PM
Rasmussen headline fail! Instead of voter's lukewarm, how about voter's in favor!!! of eliminating departments! lol

Okie RP fan
10-26-2011, 03:53 PM
Beginning to coincide?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?326155-ABC-Ron-Paul%92s-Economic-Plan-Gets-His-Rivals-Talking