PDA

View Full Version : Question about 2012 Election

Miss Annie
10-26-2011, 01:26 PM
I have a question about the upcoming 2012 election that the article below raised in my head!
I am actually quite politically inept and don't know a thing about elections other than Ron Paul is my man, although I really am trying to learn.
Seeing as how this guy, and I am guessing most of the Democratic party are pretty concerned about the President's poll ratings, is it possible ( or even legal ) that the Democratic party could say that they don't want Obama to run in 2012 and nominate someone else to run for the Presidency in 2012?
I realize this is probably a really stupid question..... but I just don't know! LOL.

http://dailycaller.com/2011/10/26/carville-on-2012-im-worried/

Carville on 2012: ‘I’m worried’

Democratic strategist James Carville, the political operative famous for guiding Bill Clinton to the White House, says he’s worried America’s economic climate could sink President Obama in 2012.

“Everything worries me in this environment,” Carville told North Dakota-based radio host Scott Hennen in an interview Tuesday evening. “Nobody’s gotten elected with these kinds of numbers. So, I’m worried in the general election. I profoundly admit that.”

Despite low approval ratings and a stagnant economy nearly three years into his presidency, recent polls show Obama in a close race with Republican front-runner and former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney. “Again, Romney’s just making a technocratic kind of confidence argument, and he’s really kind of a windsock of a guy,” said Carville. “If you don’t like his position on something, give it a day: He’ll change it.”

One candidate Carville doesn’t seem to worry about is former pizza mogul Herman Cain.

“Herman Cain goes out and he got a 999, and it’s 909, and he’s like changing area codes,” Carville said. “The guy can’t even figure out what his position on abortion [is] yet, which is kind of a basic issue. He gleefully professes ignorance on foreign policy.

“Again, I’m not — but if I were a person, if I had a conservative world view and I was looking for our next election to have somebody to articulate that view, I would be unbelievably disappointed. “

“Herman Cain is a salesman,” Carville added. “I mean, he’s not trying in one sense. He’s just trying to get some attention. He’s not going to get the nomination.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/10/26/carville-on-2012-im-worried/#ixzz1buvYTQwK

Rothbardian Girl
10-26-2011, 01:31 PM
It's technically possible that the Democrats could nominate someone other than Obama to run against the GOP candidate in 2012. But they will not. They'll probably stick with Obama and pump up his "foreign policy successes" to attract voters, since that's pretty much all he's got going for him right now.

The Dems should be panicking right now if they see all the moves that Ron Paul is making. I don't think they'll panic if anyone other than Ron is the nominee, because Ron attracts enough support from independents and foreign policy doves on the liberal end of the spectrum to seriously challenge Obama. Anyone other than Ron Paul is a vote for Obama, and even if a Republican candidate other than Ron Paul were to win the presidency, we wouldn't see any change in that person from Obama.

Miss Annie
10-26-2011, 01:36 PM
Thanks for the answer! I agree that anyone other than Ron Paul is a vote for Obama. The MSM's idea of "top tier" suck rocks! LOL.
If the Democratic party was going to put someone else up other than Obama, is there a particular time frame that this would happen in?

Rothbardian Girl
10-26-2011, 01:40 PM
It would likely happen when the Dems and Obama go into all-out campaign mode. Things have been pretty quiet from their side as far as I can tell, so we can already surmise that the Democrats aren't planning to put anyone serious up in opposition to Obama. I'm unsure of the exact timeframe, because I'm not really familiar with the whole election process myself despite having taken AP Government last year... says a lot for the wonders of public education, doesn't it? :P