PDA

View Full Version : Permanent Writers Needed for RonPaulMyths.com!

Patriot123
10-26-2011, 11:06 AM
Ron Paul Myths (http://www.ronpaulmyths.com) is a site based on proving myths and misconceptions on Ron Paul wrong, and finding the objective, unbiased truth. Our site currently averages about 200 unique visitors a day, and is growing! Ron Paul Myths was created by grassroots supporters here at the Ron Paul Forums, and is not affiliated with the Ron Paul Campaign in any manner.

Want to have an impact on the election, and help elect Dr. Paul?
With such growth, we need writers to write new myths. The workload isn't terrible -- we need one or two good writers who can write objective and grammatically correct articles. Articles must be in the same format found at http://www.ronpaulmyths.com, and all facts given must be cited with scholarly or reliable sources. Sources that we do not use, for example, are Wikipedia, LewRockwell.com or anything encyclopedic. We do not plagiarize; we write our own articles from our own research.

What are the responsibilities?
Extensively researching and writing one to two myths per month on average, and revising current myths from time to time. Time wise, you can estimate that a single myth-article may take anywhere from roughly 3-7 hours to complete. Therefore, you should be able to dedicate at least about 5-6 hours per month to this project -- if you have less please don't be discouraged, however! If you want to get involved, let us know what your schedule is like. The process is more or less this: 1) you are assigned a myth to write or revise. 2) You work on said myth and turn in an original, non-plagiarized article in to me via PM in a reasonable amount of time. You will write each article keeping in mind that you are writing these articles for, often times, people who despise Ron Paul, or have been fed lies about him by the media. In other words, don't expect your reader base to agree with everything you write -- you must write in a manner that will appeal to their standpoint. 3) If corrections are needed, I will send it back to you to be revised with what notes I provide. 4) You send it back via PM, and I edit it if needed to ensure it's written in the same style and format as the others. 5) The article is put up on Ron Paul Myths for nearly tens of thousands to view it per month.

What are the benefits?

Have a direct impact on electing Ron Paul by dispelling the myths surrounding his candidacy.
Promote the truth over the lies the media often feeds to the public.
Have your articles reach nearly tens of thousands of people per month, and have the power to sway these people to the cause of liberty in an effective manner!

If you're interested, please let me know via PM! If possible, please provide some sort of example(s) of the quality of your writing. It can be a post on Ron Paul Forums, an article you've written, or something similar. If you have any experience with writing articles -- whether it be for a news website, a newspaper or for a company, please feel free to mention that as well. Some of the new myths we may be writing include:
1) "Ron Paul supports prostitution and drug use."
2) "If elected, Ron Paul would immediately ending student loans."
3) Ron Paul's economic plan to cut $1 trillion is irrational, and would dismantle many government programs immediately.
4) Ron Paul would completely eliminate Social Security, ending coverage for the elderly if elected President.
5) Ron Paul doesn't support stem cell research.

Again, if interested, please PM me with:
a) The amount of time you can dedicate to this job per month. If less than six hours, that's fine -- just let us know what your schedule is like, please!
b) Examples of your caliber of writing, but only if possible -- a post on Ron Paul Forums, an article you've written, etcetera.
c) If applicable, prior experience you may have had with journalism; writing for a website, a newspaper, etcetera.

Please don't be discouraged about applying! Each request will be looked at, and if you do apply -- and if you're serious about the job, it's very likely we'll try to get you on board in some way.

wstrucke
10-26-2011, 11:27 AM
I've been sending new myth ideas to SteveInNY. Is there somewhere else I should be sending them?

Patriot123
10-26-2011, 11:37 AM
Oh, really? I didn't know -- sorry about that! Perhaps just post them up here, and I'll add them to that list?

InTradePro
11-22-2011, 10:05 AM
Ron Paul Myths (http://www.ronpaulmyths.com) is a site based on proving myths and misconceptions on Ron Paul wrong, and finding the objective, unbiased truth. Our site currently averages about 200 unique visitors a day, and is growing! Ron Paul Myths was created by grassroots supporters here at the Ron Paul Forums, and is not affiliated with the Ron Paul Campaign in any manner.

Want to have an impact on the election, and help elect Dr. Paul?
With such growth, we need writers to write new myths. The workload isn't terrible -- we need one or two good writers who can write objective and grammatically correct articles. Articles must be in the same format found at http://www.ronpaulmyths.com, and all facts given must be cited with scholarly or reliable sources. Sources that we do not use, for example, are Wikipedia, LewRockwell.com or anything encyclopedic. We do not plagiarize; we write our own articles from our own research.

What are the responsibilities?
Extensively researching and writing one to two myths per month on average, and revising current myths from time to time. Time wise, you can estimate that a single myth-article may take anywhere from roughly 3-7 hours to complete. Therefore, you should be able to dedicate at least about 5-6 hours per month to this project -- if you have less please don't be discouraged, however! If you want to get involved, let us know what your schedule is like. The process is more or less this: 1) you are assigned a myth to write or revise. 2) You work on said myth and turn in an original, non-plagiarized article in to me via PM in a reasonable amount of time. You will write each article keeping in mind that you are writing these articles for, often times, people who despise Ron Paul, or have been fed lies about him by the media. In other words, don't expect your reader base to agree with everything you write -- you must write in a manner that will appeal to their standpoint. 3) If corrections are needed, I will send it back to you to be revised with what notes I provide. 4) You send it back via PM, and I edit it if needed to ensure it's written in the same style and format as the others. 5) The article is put up on Ron Paul Myths for nearly tens of thousands to view it per month.

What are the benefits?

Have a direct impact on electing Ron Paul by dispelling the myths surrounding his candidacy.
Promote the truth over the lies the media often feeds to the public.
Have your articles reach nearly tens of thousands of people per month, and have the power to sway these people to the cause of liberty in an effective manner!

If you're interested, please let me know via PM! If possible, please provide some sort of example(s) of the quality of your writing. It can be a post on Ron Paul Forums, an article you've written, or something similar. If you have any experience with writing articles -- whether it be for a news website, a newspaper or for a company, please feel free to mention that as well. Some of the new myths we may be writing include:
1) "Ron Paul supports prostitution and drug use."
2) "If elected, Ron Paul would immediately ending student loans."
3) Ron Paul's economic plan to cut $1 trillion is irrational, and would dismantle many government programs immediately.
4) Ron Paul would completely eliminate Social Security, ending coverage for the elderly if elected President.
5) Ron Paul doesn't support stem cell research.

Again, if interested, please PM me with:
a) The amount of time you can dedicate to this job per month. If less than six hours, that's fine -- just let us know what your schedule is like, please!
b) Examples of your caliber of writing, but only if possible -- a post on Ron Paul Forums, an article you've written, etcetera.
c) If applicable, prior experience you may have had with journalism; writing for a website, a newspaper, etcetera.

Please don't be discouraged about applying! Each request will be looked at, and if you do apply -- and if you're serious about the job, it's very likely we'll try to get you on board in some way.

This site is really not useable because the myths are not directly linkable.

For example, if someone says Paul is a racist there is no easy way to link to the appropriate part on the page.

Patriot123
11-22-2011, 11:20 PM
Not true. The links to each myth can be found at the bottom of each. For example, the myth that Ron Paul is a racist is found here: http://ronpaulmyths.com/social-issues.php?expanddiv=newsletter

LEK
11-23-2011, 09:08 AM
Just sent you guys an e-mail regarding a CNN article written about last night's debate - the author claims to be stating facts but they are out of context and make Ron Paul look like a bumbling heartless old man. Grrr...

I think your website is an EXCELLENT idea and hopefully will be shared to ALL who want to wade through the muck and mire and get to the truth.

Thanks so much.

FYI

CNN article: http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/23/opinion/graham-gop-debate-credibility/index.html?eref=rss_latest&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:%20rss/cnn_latest%20(RSS:%20Most%20Recent)&is_LR=1

Refutation: http://paul.house.gov/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=104&Itemid=60

Patriot123
11-23-2011, 05:34 PM
LEK,

Thanks. We received your email -- sorry about not getting a reply back sooner. Hopefully, we'll be able to incorporate that into a new, upcoming myth. Actually, we did just recently receive a generous donation of $100, and $10. Ideally, I'm thinking if we raise another $400 we could hit up the FOX News website with ads. That, or we'll target Facebook, and Iowa specifically. Money is just a problem, as always, lol. But nonetheless, hopefully we can get something good going.

Deborah K
11-23-2011, 05:37 PM
Love this!

A_Silent_Majority_Member
11-25-2011, 01:58 PM
Important site... Bump for the newcommers... Definately another place that should be sticky or global around here or linked up top somewhere for any incomming potential new support to easily find. Goes hand in hand with the "understanding Ron Paul series" IMO

InTradePro
11-25-2011, 08:01 PM
Not true. The links to each myth can be found at the bottom of each. For example, the myth that Ron Paul is a racist is found here: http://ronpaulmyths.com/social-issues.php?expanddiv=newsletter

The link you provide doesn't work, doesn't go to the part about being racist.

Kind of shows the problem.

Patriot123
11-26-2011, 08:47 AM
Check the settings on your browser. Check if Javascript is disabled on certain websites, for example. Because it's working for me, and for many others. When you find out the issue, let us know, though! But it definitely has to be a setting with your browser.

MelissaWV
11-26-2011, 12:09 PM
I am having the same problem, and there's nothing unusual about my browser.

The title "CLARITY OVER CONFUSION" is also right over the thick black horizontal line on my screen, making it look like you are saying you are NOT offering clarity.

You also have a LOT of format inconsistency throughout the page, and the information (which should be the focus) is in the smallest and lightest text.

Patriot123
11-26-2011, 11:26 PM
MelissaWV,

1) What browser are you using? What's your resolution?
2) I'm not sure I'm following. So on your screen, the phrase "Clarity over Confusion" is directly over the black line, correct? I'm just not sure how this implies that we're not offering clarity. I can try looking into this, though, as the text should have some space between it and the black line. Can you provide a screenshot, if at all possible?
3) What sort of format inconsistencies are you referring to? As for the main information being the smallest and lightest, we figured most people would not stick around to read the entire myth. Rather, they'd just read the main bulleted points given at the top. Therefore, we didn't want readers to feel compelled to read the entire thing, and then just leave without reading anything.

MelissaWV
11-27-2011, 10:12 AM
This seems like an awful lot of information to have to help out with, for having made an off-hand comment that supports another member's frustrations with the site. I am using IE 8 (it's a long story). I have not messed with my resolution in any way and have no trouble with other sites.

1. The line goes right through the middle. From your previous post you don't seem to know this, but drawing a line through something is a way of saying you are against it, or it no longer applies, or even that it is prohibited. The phrasing on the paragraph where I've put the arrow is also a bit off. I will give you an example.

This site was put together by a grassroots group of Ron Paul supporters to help clarify many myths we have seen attributed to Dr. Paul as he continues to gain momentum in the 2012 Republican race for President of the United States.

When you attribute something to someone, you are usually saying they're the ones that said it or caused it.

at·trib·ute (-trbyt)
tr.v. at·trib·ut·ed, at·trib·ut·ing, at·trib·utes
1. To relate to a particular cause or source; ascribe: attributed their failure to a lack of preparation.
2. To regard as the work of a specified agent, place, or time: attributed the painting to Titian; attributed the vase to 18th-century Japan.

What you are saying is the myths are coming from Dr. Paul. They are not.

2. The phrasing could be a bit more elegant, but I chose this screenshot because it shows a formatting inconsistency. The spacing for the various "MYTH" lines is larger for the top one than the rest. There are little things like this throughout the site.

3. The "details" on this page are in gray and in italics. It makes them unnecessarily difficult to read. The "fact" portion, which you say is the main thing you really want to get across to the reader, does not stand out as much as all the red you've used on the "MYTH" parts.

When I am on another page, and I want to click to get back to the first page, normally I would click on the banner that says "RON PAUL MYTHS." That's the intuitive place to click. Unfortunately, I actually have to click "CLARITY OVER CONFUSION" to get back to the first page.

dude58677
11-27-2011, 10:38 AM
This website spreads even further misinformation that makes Ron Paul not look good:

"Iowa Straw Poll by 152 votes"

Where is the recent polls of him in Iowa such as Bloomberg, Iowa State, and Teleresearch?

"Ron Paul ran the 100 yard dash in 9.8 seconds while the national average is 9.4"

I'm not saying that Ron Paul didn't run a 9.8 second 100 yard dash, but he is MUCH better than High school average.

"Ron Paul wants people under 25 to opt out of Socail Security"

He said under 50.

The site is a great idea but it needs fixed.

wstrucke
11-27-2011, 11:15 AM
This website spreads even further misinformation that makes Ron Paul not look good:

"Iowa Straw Poll by 152 votes"

Where is the recent polls of him in Iowa such as Bloomberg, Iowa State, and Teleresearch?

People with full time jobs and other commitments created this site. You can find the original threads on RPF. If you have some content to add, write it and send it to the maintainers.

"Ron Paul ran the 100 yard dash in 9.8 seconds while the national average is 9.4"

I'm not saying that Ron Paul didn't run a 9.8 second 100 yard dash, but he is MUCH better than High school average.

So... find some sources to substantiate this claim and send them in so the site can be updated.

"Ron Paul wants people under 25 to opt out of Socail Security"

He said under 50.

The site is a great idea but it needs fixed.

He said 25 and under (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=d3A40nz-xOQ#t=318s).

MelissaWV
11-27-2011, 11:18 AM
People with full time jobs and other commitments created this site. You can find the original threads on RPF. If you have some content to add, write it and send it to the maintainers.

No offense, but if there is not time to do something right, verify claims, provide sources, and proofread, then perhaps there is a problem.

dude58677
11-27-2011, 12:50 PM
"So... find some sources to substantiate this claim and send them in so the site can be updated"

It is self-explanatory. He did run a 9.8 seconds 100 yard dash but he is NOT BELOW AVERAGE as the statement says he is 4 tenths of a second worse than the average High Schooler.

Muwahid
11-27-2011, 02:09 PM

Why does it take a good minute after the page loads to actually open the section up?

InTradePro
11-27-2011, 02:20 PM
Check the settings on your browser. Check if Javascript is disabled on certain websites, for example. Because it's working for me, and for many others. When you find out the issue, let us know, though! But it definitely has to be a setting with your browser.

Not a an issue with my browser. Issue is with the layout of the site.

Patriot123
11-29-2011, 08:12 AM
I'll be working on all these issues over the weekend, hopefully, including the issue with the links to each myth. Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.