PDA

View Full Version : The Story Behind the Story

djruden
10-26-2011, 06:58 AM
Ron Paul Visits University of Iowa with Anti-War Message
http://iowacity.patch.com/articles/iowa-city-ron-paul-visits-university-of-iowa-with-anti-war-message

This is an article about Ron's homecoming night speech at the University of Iowa. What I find interesting is that they quote my friend Bo Zhou in it. What the author probably doesn't realize or mention is that Bo is chinese and a full citizen of China (and therefore can't participate in our election unfortunately). I actually invited her to see Dr. Paul speak and shes heard a lot about him thru me. The quotes she gives are pretty good considering her thick accent (considering she's only been in the US about 2 years now).

What is really fascinating to me tho is that while I was talking to a friend after the event, is another chinese citizen, this time male, that was new to the US and here attending the University was very excited about seeing Dr. Paul's speech and wanted pictures with his signs and stuff that were around.

I find the real story here is how many people that are coming from countries that enjoy far less freedom than we do in the USA and are finding a lot to like in Paul. They come with such a different perspective of life and government than we do. Just wanted to share!

PastaRocket848
10-26-2011, 07:03 AM
i think they like ron because he advocates the america that they read about in textbooks that doesn't exist anymore. just the other day i was checking alexa rankings and RPF is top 600-something in S. Korea. too bad they can't all vote in the primaries!

thesnake742
10-26-2011, 09:52 AM
i think they like ron because he advocates the america that they read about in textbooks that doesn't exist anymore.

That's why i like him!